Hop To
Page 1 of 2 1 2
T
Campfire Member
OP Offline
Campfire Member
T
Guys,

Have to express my sincerest apologies about my absence from 24hcf the past few months. I had mentioned before that working on the forums for TRACT was a part time position and my full time job is in product development and sourcing also in the hunting/fishing industry. I was presented with an opportunity that required me to relocate and I have been working through that process, If any of you have moved cross country for a new position, I feel for you. Its been a whirlwind.

Happy to say I am officially out of the corrupt state of Illinois and living the southern life in North Carolina. If any members live around the triad area, please feel free to reach out. I'm finalizing the closing on a home here and will be back on full time in early March. I'm going to try to catch up on a few things in the meantime.

Once again, truly sorry for the absence but excited to be back.

Thanks for all the support,

Trevor
Tract Optics
www.TractOptics.com

Use discount code: 24HOUR5 for 5% off your order!
GB1

P
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
P
Could you either confirm or deny that the Response is built to the same standard of zero retention as the more expensive scopes?

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Let's be a bit clearer here. A "standard" is how it' supposed to perform, but it doesn't mean anything with regard to the physical details of construction. In other words, two scopes may supposedly be required to hold zero under identical testing conditions, but the differences in design and materials (evidenced by their respective prices) may mean that one will do better than the other. Declaring a "standard" costs nothing. Building stuff that actually performs as expected can cost plenty.

IMHO, expecting a $300ish "Tactical" scope to perform up to real tactical levels is silly, regardless of the advertising hype, kinda like expecting a 1970 Ford Maverick with racing stripes to be a winner at the dragstrip. It defies logic. The info on their site for these models doesn't even mention zero retention or durability. They talk about features. Might be a clue. They don't even refer to them as 'tactical", but rather as "AR scopes", whatever that means. Based on my observations of AR shooters at the range, these scopes will likely meet the expectations of many. Based on Form's initial test, where the scope wasn't able to let the rifle shoot up to its capability, it definitely won't meet mine. Could be a one-off, or not, but the Tract people should look into it.

The Torics and Tekoas cost a bunch more, and it's reasonable to expect them to work better, as hopefully the extra cost goes into better materials, design, and quality control. With my Tekoa, so far, so good.

As an aside, it amazes me how much time gets spent here bitching about stuff the posters haven't purchased, and not just optics.

What fresh Hell is this?
J
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
J
Originally Posted by Pappy348

The Torics and Tekoas cost a bunch more, and it's reasonable to expect them to work better, as hopefully the extra cost goes into better materials, design, and quality control.

As an aside, it amazes me how much time gets spent here bitching about stuff the posters haven't purchased, and not just optics.

Haven't purchased, seen, handled, used,, shot, etc.........yet we still get their reviews and critiques. That requires real talent.

Last edited by JGRaider; 02/21/18.

It is irrelevant what you think. What matters is the TRUTH.
R
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
R

IMHO, expecting a $300ish "Tactical" scope to perform up to real tactical levels is silly, regardless of the advertising hype, kinda like expecting a 1970 Ford Maverick with racing stripes to be a winner at the dragstrip. It defies logic. .

...unless it ships from TX and has a chicken on the side.

IC B2

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by rovert

IMHO, expecting a $300ish "Tactical" scope to perform up to real tactical levels is silly, regardless of the advertising hype, kinda like expecting a 1970 Ford Maverick with racing stripes to be a winner at the dragstrip. It defies logic. .

The scope or the Maverick?😜

What fresh Hell is this?
O
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
O
Trevor where in the Triad are you moving?

W
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
W
Originally Posted by rovert

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^ THIS^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by JGRaider

The Torics and Tekoas cost a bunch more, and it's reasonable to expect them to work better, as hopefully the extra cost goes into better materials, design, and quality control.

Haven't purchased, seen, handled, used,, shot, etc.........yet we still get their reviews and critiques. That requires real talent.

The Psychic Friends Review Network

What fresh Hell is this?
O
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
O
Originally Posted by JGRaider

The Psychic Friends Review Network

LOL...there is only one way to find out if a product is worth it and seeking recommendations on the INNANET is not it.

IC B3

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by TRACT_Optics
Guys,

Have to express my sincerest apologies about my absence from 24hcf the past few months. I had mentioned before that working on the forums for TRACT was a part time position and my full time job is in product development and sourcing also in the hunting/fishing industry. I was presented with an opportunity that required me to relocate and I have been working through that process, If any of you have moved cross country for a new position, I feel for you. Its been a whirlwind.

Happy to say I am officially out of the corrupt state of Illinois and living the southern life in North Carolina. If any members live around the triad area, please feel free to reach out. I'm finalizing the closing on a home here and will be back on full time in early March. I'm going to try to catch up on a few things in the meantime.

Once again, truly sorry for the absence but excited to be back.

Thanks for all the support,

No need to apologize ! Looking forward to hearing what's new from you.

Optics brand loyalty here is almost as hotly contested as .270 Win vs any other reasonable caliber choice.

After reading Mr. Barsness review of the TORIC in Guns Magazine I am getting much keener to try one.

https://gunsmagazine.com/value-on-track/

Johnny Bwana tells it like it IS.

So quit unpacking etc. and figure out how to sell to CANADA.

We are starved for economical/quality optics products. Your business model makes sense to me.

History May Not Repeat, But it Rhymes.
O
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
O
Good to have you back on the fire Trevor.

There are 2 rules to success:

1. Never tell everything that you know.
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Glad you're back!

[Linked Image]

P
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
P
I use to live in triad some years ago down around High Point

Tater
P
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
P
Trevor, I'd like to hear your Response to Form's test of your scope. powdr

D
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
D
Originally Posted by powdr
Trevor, I'd like to hear your Response to Form's test of your scope. powdr

I would too.... quite frankly, I figured that’s why you hadn’t been around.

You better pray to the God of Skinny Punks that this wind doesn't pick up......
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
[bleep].....tough crowd.

Congrats on the move, and, welcome back.

[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]

WWP53D
E
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
E
Trevor, I’m a huge fan of your binos and have been vocal expressing my view that they are an outstanding value. I would like to be comfortable with your scopes. I too would like a candid response to Form’s testing. I’d also request an explanation for the suggestion that it’s acceptable for a scope not to shoot to its grouping potential when using less than a top of your line scope. Thanks for coming back to face the”fire.”

N
Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
N
Seems like I’ve read on here that Swarovski told someone that if they were going to use magnum calibers that they should not get the Z3 that they should get a Z5 or Z6. Seems like they are saying their $800 scopes aren’t as good at holding zero on magnums as their top of the line models. Isn’t that saying the same thing?

H
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
H
Originally Posted by nuguy
Seems like I’ve read on here that Swarovski told someone that if they were going to use magnum calibers that they should not get the Z3 that they should get a Z5 or Z6. Seems like they are saying their $800 scopes aren’t as good at holding zero on magnums as their top of the line models. Isn’t that saying the same thing?

You can't argue logic like this.

Originally Posted by RJY66

I was thinking the other day how much I used to hate Bill Clinton. He was freaking George Washington compared to what they are now.
Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

188 members (338reddog, 35, 41rem, 300jimmy, 12344mag, 2UP, 19 invisible), 1,548 guests, and 913 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,190,600
Posts18,454,592
Members73,908
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.