Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 5 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7
G
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
G
Mine also shipped! I wish it would be here in time for my Axis hunt.

GB1

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
I have a feeling I'm going to regret not getting one or two of these for my sons...

Good luck to those who got or are getting them!

O
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
O
Mine is on the way.

There are 2 rules to success:

1. Never tell everything that you know.
S
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
S
FYI - I’m in Florida on vacation and just found out the rifles have the standard 22.4” barrels, not the advertised 24.3” barrels. It make no sense, as the RH 6.5 Creedmoor has the advertised 24.3” barrel.

I prefer the shorter barrel, but some may not. Let me know if it’s an issue and we’ll refund your money and pay for shipping back. Fair warning though, no discounts will be offered. We have a waiting list.

My apologies. I have no idea how they (Tikka) screwed this up....

I enjoy handguns and I really like shotguns,...but I love rifles!
K
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
K
If contour is the same, I would prefer that barrel length if anyone receives there rifle first please post thoughts and weights.

kk alaska

Alaska 7 months of winter then 5 months of tourists
IC B2

O
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
O
To me, the benefits of a longer barrel for the CM are few and far between. It's not a hot rod anyway.

There are 2 rules to success:

1. Never tell everything that you know.
L
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
L
Originally Posted by kk alaska
If contour is the same, I would prefer that barrel length if anyone receives there rifle first please post thoughts and weights.

Picked mine up about 2 hours ago. Rifle weighs 6 pounds 4 ounces with bolt in, no ammo, no sling, no scope or rings. Seems like a nice balanced package. Proof is in the shooting and that might not happen for a few mounts. I am glad it came with the shorter barrel. Fit and finish looks pretty good.

Does this .405 Winchester make my butt look big?
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by rockchucker
mines coming tomorrow

Lucky dog. Mine is probably still a couple months out. 😉
Originally Posted by shortactionsmoker
FYI - I’m in Florida on vacation and just found out the rifles have the standard 22.4” barrels, not the advertised 24.3” barrels. It make no sense, as the RH 6.5 Creedmoor has the advertised 24.3” barrel.

I prefer the shorter barrel, but some may not. Let me know if it’s an issue and we’ll refund your money and pay for shipping back. Fair warning though, no discounts will be offered. We have a waiting list.

My apologies. I have no idea how they (Tikka) screwed this up....

That's good news in my books. Had plans for a cut and crown. That won't be necessary now. Have a great vacation!

Originally Posted by Llama_Bob
I've seen more well-shot game lost with TSXs than any other premium bullet.

C
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
C
I canceled my order yesterday so there just might be a spare Creed floating around if anyone is interested.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
22 is better than 24, you'll not be getting mine back..... Won't be here till Tuesday.

Sic Semper Tyrannis
IC B3

G
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
G
I just picked mine up and my scope mounts also arrived. I love the weight and balance. It's exactly what I was looking for in a nice light compact rifle for TX whitetails, hogs and blackbuck. I think the folks that slept on these are going to kick themselves.

G
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
G
Mounted my Zeiss HD5 2-10 x 42, bore sighted and ready to hit the range! I really like the constant eye relief of these scopes.

I used the Sako/Tikka Optilock bases w/ low rings. I could actually use the X-low rings, but it would be too low for my natural cheek weld. The bases are a little strange with how they integrate w/ the recoil recess. I kind of expected the pin to fit snugly in the hole, but the pin is about 1/8" dia. and the recess is about 1/4" dia. Am I missing something here? I slid the base back until the pin contacted the back of the recess.

The bolt operation is smooth as butter!

R
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
R
it has arrived. 3.5-10x44 zeiss conquest is on it and bore sighted. shoot it tomorrow. yes baby smile

FJB
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Look forward to all you guy's range reports!

I've got a 3-12 LRHS, XTR Sigs, Alpha brass and 147ELDs, sitting here ready to go. Just waiting on a Mountain Tac 20 MOA rail... then the rifle. Can't wait. 🙂

K
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
K
Originally Posted by gsganzer
Mounted my Zeiss HD5 2-10 x 42, bore sighted and ready to hit the range! I really like the constant eye relief of these scopes.

I used the Sako/Tikka Optilock bases w/ low rings. I could actually use the X-low rings, but it would be too low for my natural cheek weld. The bases are a little strange with how they integrate w/ the recoil recess. I kind of expected the pin to fit snugly in the hole, but the pin is about 1/8" dia. and the recess is about 1/4" dia. Am I missing something here? I slid the base back until the pin contacted the back of the recess.

That's normal. The Warne pins are larger but there still is some play. Best to slide it forward. As the gun recoils, the scope wants to slide forward, not back.

G
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
G
Originally Posted by KenMi
Originally Posted by gsganzer

That's normal. The Warne pins are larger but there still is some play. Best to slide it forward. As the gun recoils, the scope wants to slide forward, not back.

Yep. Already made that change after I did a little more research.

R
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
R
3 shots touching at 100 with federal 140 grain non typical factory ammo. cant post a pic but would text one to someone

FJB
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Oh man. Sounds promising! Nice shooting, rockchucker!

R
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
R
it'll shoot better i was dicking around, but it works for me

FJB
D
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
D
Originally Posted by rockchucker
3 shots touching at 100 with federal 140 grain non typical factory ammo. cant post a pic but would text one to someone

Glad to hear that..thanks. Keep us posted on other ammo you may try.

Page 5 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

70 members (ATC, 808outdoors, 10gaugemag, 444Matt, 11 invisible), 2,106 guests, and 732 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,279
Posts18,467,670
Members73,928
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.