-->
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 2 of 8 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
The NRA is the best thing we have going for us. I can't imagine what gun rights would be like in this country if the NRA wasn't a powerful and effective voice for us.

JOIN. NOW.

GB1

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker

I've been a lifer for yearsl

Can't even imagine not being a member.

Any organization is not going to do what each member may want.

But what the NRA does is essential and effective in preserving our right to keep and bear arms.

God bless them.

Steve

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by gonehuntin
I'm waiting on the NRA to apologize for supporting the NFA of 1934, GCA of 1968, FOPA of 1986. Period.

The NRA needs to cut bait with FedGov or go to hell.

I don't NEED the NRA for anything, they can KMA after their decades-long bullschitt of rolling over and sucking off FedGov.

My temper has boiled over and the NRA has earned my wrath, I'm pissed off at ALL of the cops and sheriff's offices and the NRA, they can all rot in hell forever.

Your anger is strange, not sure, but I think you need to clean the cockle burrs out of your panties.

You are way off base, and are you a gun hater. Do you own any, or ?

C
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
C

My wife and I have been life members for years. If you aren't a member you should join. If you are a member upgrade your membership. If you don't you have any room to complain about the gun situation in America. You should be ashamed of yourself. Far as I'm concerned your a tight ass, that has no heart.

NRA LIFE MEMBER
GOD BLESS OUR TROOPS
ESPECIALLY THE SNIPERS!
"Suppose you were an idiot And suppose you were a member of Congress... But I repeat myself."
-Mark Twain
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by Farmboy1
I'm waiting on the NRA to apologize for supporting the NFA of 1934, GCA of 1968, FOPA of 1986. Period.

I don't NEED the NRA for anything, they can KMA after their decades-long bullschitt of rolling over and sucking off FedGov.

My temper has boiled over and the NRA has earned my wrath, I'm pissed off at ALL of the cops and sheriff's offices and the NRA, they can all rot in hell forever.

Your anger is strange, not sure, but I think you need to clean the cockle burrs out of your panties.

You are way off base, and are you a gun hater. Do you own any, or ?

I own plenty of guns, no thanks to the NRA. They've STABBED gun owners in their backs my whole life. Fk 'em, they're all about shooting guns on a range and the Second Amendment is an afterthought to support their rifle competitions.

Every time the Second Amendment takes a hit in Congress you'll find the NRA backing that schitt.

NFA of 1934, GCA of 1968, FOPA of 1986: you tell me how the NRA was on the right side of that schitt.

I paid my membership dues to the NRA for longer than I should have, I'm THROUGH with them, they'll turn on the Constitution as long as Wayne LaPierre is alive and in charge of the NRA.

Last edited by gonehuntin; 02/23/18.

"To compel a man to furnish funds for the propagation of ideas he disbelieves and abhors is sinful and tyrannical." -- Thomas Jefferson

We are all Rhodesians now.

IC B2

H
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
H
Originally Posted by kellory
Originally Posted by NVhntr
I used to be a member, now I'm not. Simple answer is they never, ever, ever , ever, stop begging for more of my money, and they will waste huge amounts of money and resources on pamphlets, and brochures, and flyers, and bumper stickers and every other dang method to beg me for more money.
GUYS!!! SPEND MY MONEY MORE WISELY!!! Now knock it off!.

If you aren't a member, it isn't your money.
Spreading the word and PR are a large part of their mission and they are the most effective lobbying organization in America. I hear a lot of complaints about the fund raising materials and calls. Here's my solution: an answering machine and a waste basket.

I just renewed my NRA membership today for 5 years, and gave an additional donation.

Join the NRA, donate, vote!

I WAS a member, until they badgered me out. I like the magazine and i like what they stand for, but I'm a single income bread winner with a sick wife and medical bills more than my mortgage every month. I am very careful with money, and I'll be DAMMED if I will put up with constant begging, while watching them waste every time I have them.

A life membership is $600.00. Sell one gun and sign up for life with no annual dues.

Originally Posted by RJY66

I was thinking the other day how much I used to hate Bill Clinton. He was freaking George Washington compared to what they are now.
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
What exactly are you backing then?

Curiosity Killed the Cat & The Prairie Dog
“Molon Labe”
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
After 20+ years of annual membership I finally joined as a life member several years ago when they had their $300 special.

Went into my account and deselected all the "contact me" options and all I get is the Magazine (a shadow of what it was 30 years ago) and an occasional NRA-ILA thing in the mail maybe every 3 months). No phone calls, no e-mails.

The NRA is the 800lb gorilla on our side. There are other groups too, GOA in particular and many local groups, that deserve our money but the NRA scares every single politician out there. They are our defense. Join them or whine because the enemies of freedom are organizing.

If something on the internet makes you angry the odds are you're being manipulated
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
I am a hard arse when it comes to the NRA as they stand between me and the anti-gun crowd. Their mailings and phone appeals for money could be annoying if you let it, but I look at the big picture and come up with additional money occasionally.

Anybody that hunt out of my camps are not welcome unless they are NRA members. Also, what grinds my grits is the number of members in the sportsmen club I belong too that do not belong to the NRA.

You're Welcome At My Fire Anytime

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by Pugs
After 20+ years of annual membership I finally joined as a life member several years ago when they had their $300 special.

Went into my account and deselected all the "contact me" options and all I get is the Magazine (a shadow of what it was 30 years ago) and an occasional NRA-ILA thing in the mail maybe every 3 months). No phone calls, no e-mails.

The NRA is the 800lb gorilla on our side. There are other groups too, GOA in particular and many local groups, that deserve our money but the NRA scares every single politician out there. They are our defense. Join them or whine because the enemies of freedom are organizing.

Well said....Where’s that $300 dollar deal now? I want that...I just sent them another “C” note earlier this week. If not the NRA then who fellas? I’m listening. Give up your better option(s)

Curiosity Killed the Cat & The Prairie Dog
“Molon Labe”
IC B3

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by Beaver10

Well said....Where’s that $300 dollar deal now? I want that...I just sent them another “C” note earlier this week. If not the NRA then who fellas? I’m listening. Give up your better option(s)

A fine question and if the NRA is smart they'll announce another round of it ASAP.

If something on the internet makes you angry the odds are you're being manipulated
F
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
F
If the NRA had 40-50 million members, instead of 4-5, they wouldn't have to compromise anything. I swear, to think that so many guys are more afraid of junk mail and phone calls than losing gun rights.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by HitnRun
Originally Posted by NVhntr
I used to be a member, now I'm not. Simple answer is they never, ever, ever , ever, stop begging for more of my money, and they will waste huge amounts of money and resources on pamphlets, and brochures, and flyers, and bumper stickers and every other dang method to beg me for more money.

If you aren't a member, it isn't your money.
Spreading the word and PR are a large part of their mission and they are the most effective lobbying organization in America. I hear a lot of complaints about the fund raising materials and calls. Here's my solution: an answering machine and a waste basket.

I just renewed my NRA membership today for 5 years, and gave an additional donation.

Join the NRA, donate, vote!

I WAS a member, until they badgered me out. I like the magazine and i like what they stand for, but I'm a single income bread winner with a sick wife and medical bills more than my mortgage every month. I am very careful with money, and I'll be DAMMED if I will put up with constant begging, while watching them waste every time I have them.

A life membership is $600.00. Sell one gun and sign up for life with no annual dues.

And they will STILL keep begging.
Simple solution, no real thought given. Which gun should I sell? The .22lr Glenfield my father gave me? The Mossberg bolt shotgun his father carried. Then passed to me? The Sterlingworth sxs12ga? Or maybe the low number. Gold trigger Browning A5 light 12 I just received from my father's hands? Perhaps the AR-15 .450BUSHMASTER I built myself? It took me more than a year to collect enough parts, and a friend donated the trigger assembly as he upgraded. Perhaps my CCW pistol?

Frankly. There is not a gun I own I would part with. Certainly not for an organization that appears to be DEAF.

An unemployed Jester, is nobody's Fool.

the only real difference between a good tracker and a bad tracker, is observation. all the same data is present for both. The rest, is understanding what you're seeing.

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

Son of a liberal: " What did you do in the War On Terror, Daddy?"

Liberal father: " I fought the Americans, along with all the other liberals."

MOLON LABE

J
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
J
Originally Posted by Outbackman
Just wondering what the mass opinion is. Does anyone legit reasons to not join the NRA? NRA has been in the news a good bit the last few days it’s some sponsor drops and the lib terds are spinning it in their favor of course. I think every gun owner should be a memeber but that just one opinion what say y’all?

AFAIC, the Second Amendment Foundation files more lawsuits against govt actions which illegally restrict our gun rights and it is the group which initiated legal action which resulted in the two biggest court cases in modern history that has done more to secure our 2A rights than anything since the US Constitution. Those two actions are called the Heller and McDonald cases though the NRA entered as a friend of the SAF and was magnanimous in taking credit.

Please gokg Sec Amendment Foundation and look at the court rulings they have won and cases they are bringing. Jag.

Ecc 10:2
The heart of the wise inclines to the right, but that of a fool to the left.

A Nation which leaves God behind is soon left behind.

"The Lord never asked anyone to be a tax collector, lowyer, or Redskins fan".

I Dindo Nuffin
J
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
J

This ^^^^, and it really pissed me off when they supported that pos dimocrap Harry Reid in his last successful senate race. When i asked Wayne La Pierre about it before the election he said not to worry about it as Reid would lose anyway. Pos won by a narrow margin.

They had the money years ago to put good pro-2A commercials educating the young in this country about the dangers of gun confiscation and chose to make several of their leaders multimillionaires instead.

I will say they are the 800 lb gorilla who puts the fear of God into many congressmen and do serve a purpose in tbat regard.

Last edited by jaguartx; 02/23/18.

Ecc 10:2
The heart of the wise inclines to the right, but that of a fool to the left.

A Nation which leaves God behind is soon left behind.

"The Lord never asked anyone to be a tax collector, lowyer, or Redskins fan".

I Dindo Nuffin
D
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
D

Really?
If they are wasting money, I wonder how they are so financially sound. And they gave the Trump campaign a lot of money.
They send out all those requests for money and phone calls for money, because they make money that way. If they didn’t they would have gone away years ago. Lots of gun owners contribute to those requests.
I am a Patron member, and will upgrade soon. I get an occasional request in the mail. It gets shredded, unopened. I contribute on my schedule. We never ever answer the phone, unless we know the caller so that’s not an issue.its very easy to manage, and a piss poor excuse for not belonging.

Last edited by dale06; 02/23/18.

NRA Patron
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by dale06

Really?
If they are wasting money, I wonder how they are so financially sound. And they gave the Trump campaign a lot of money.
They send out all those requests for money and phone calls for money, because they make money that way. If they didn’t they would have gone away years ago. Lots of gun owners contribute to those requests.
I am a Patron member, and will upgrade soon. I get an occasional request in the mail. It gets shredded, unopened. I contribute on my schedule. We never ever answer the phone, unless we know the caller so that’s not an issue.its very easy to manage, and a piss poor excuse for not belonging.

I could wall paper my house with all the requests I get every year. Every one wasted. I have called and written to have it stopped, they don't listen.

An unemployed Jester, is nobody's Fool.

the only real difference between a good tracker and a bad tracker, is observation. all the same data is present for both. The rest, is understanding what you're seeing.

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
New York has the most NRA members than any other state. WHAT DID THEY DO OR HOW MUCH DID THEY SPEND TO HELP US IN THE 2014 ELECTION?
"0" that's what. If we got a pro gun governor their membership would have dropped significantly. WHAT HAVE THEY DONE SINCE THE "SAFE ACT" WAS PASSED? AGAIN A BIG "0"
They will not get another dime from me.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
"I think it is a terrible indictment of the National Rifle Association that they haven’t supported any legislation to try and control the misuse of rifles and pistols in this country."

That flat assertion was made by Senator Robert Kennedy (N.Y.), Jan. 16 in addressing the New York State University law school in Buffalo.

Terming Kennedy’s accusation "a smear of a great American organization," NRA Executive Vice President Franklin L. Orth pointed out that "The National Rifle Association has been in support of workable, enforceable gun control legislation since its very inception in 1871."

A few days later, Orth seconded the request of President Lyndon Johnson, made Jan. 17 in his State of the Union message, for a curb on mail-order sales.

"The duty of Congress is clear," Orth said, "it should act now to pass legislation that will keep undesirables, including criminals, drug addicts and persons adjudged mentally irresponsible or alcoholic, or juveniles from obtaining firearms through the mails."

"To compel a man to furnish funds for the propagation of ideas he disbelieves and abhors is sinful and tyrannical." -- Thomas Jefferson

We are all Rhodesians now.

Page 2 of 8 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

80 members (300_savage, 264mag, Anaconda, 6mmCreedmoor, 13 invisible), 1,581 guests, and 783 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,175
Posts18,465,435
Members73,925
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.