Hop To
Page 1 of 2 1 2
N
n8dawg6 Offline OP
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
N
got the email flyer today that the CZ 452 22 lr is in stock at whittakers for $469, shipping included. clicked on the link and ...

SIKE. not in stock.

Uber Demanding Rifle Aficionado
BP-B2

S
S
Same here, I was ready to buy. Tease!

S
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
S
One guy bought all we had! We didn’t expect that...

More on order though. CZ is doing a run of 1000. Supposedly, they “found” 1000 actions. I’m not buying it!

I enjoy handguns and I really like shotguns,...but I love rifles!
D
Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
D
Originally Posted by shortactionsmoker

More on order though. CZ is doing a run of 1000. Supposedly, they “found” 1000 actions. I’m not buying it!
That same feller got deep enough pockets to clean you out of that 1000 too?

Buy once, cry once.
S
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
S
No idea, but I couldn’t get them here fast enough if he did!

IC B2

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
I know zip about these.

Is the 452 really accurate?

“Live free or die. Death is not the worst of evils.” - General
John Stark.
J
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
J
u

D,

You might inform the dealer who bought all those 452s on the ladt batch(who is no doubt scaliping those guns later online) that he needs to sit the next batch out.- no more for him.

I am sure since the bastard can't scalp ARs or .22 rinfire anmo for inflated prices anymore he is now taking advantage of availability and pricing on your CZs to make a quick buck... Its probably some dickweasel like James Wayne down in TX..

Furthermore ,you should limit sales to two per customer. That should prevent a few greedy folks from cleaning you out. Even at that ,once word gets out I doubt 100 guns would last more than a week .

And before anyone protests- you did do the same thing with rimfire ammo during to the shortage.....

Last edited by jk16; 02/28/18.
N
n8dawg6 Offline OP
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
N
no offense ... but i think ppl believe theyve found a unicorn. and its just a horse

V
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
V
Damnit! I just bought another 455....I thought the "Last run" rifles that sell for a grand or more would be it for the 452's......Hb

S
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
S
Originally Posted by jk16
u

D,

You might inform the dealer who bought all those 452s on the ladt batch(who is no doubt scaliping those guns later online) that he needs to sit the next batch out.- no more for him.

I am sure since the bastard can't scalp ARs or .22 rinfire anmo for inflated prices anymore he is now taking advantage of availability and pricing on your CZs to make a quick buck... Its probably some dickweasel like James Wayne down in TX..

Furthermore ,you should limit sales to two per customer. That should prevent a few greedy folks from cleaning you out. Even at that ,once word gets out I doubt 100 guns would last more than a week .

And before anyone protests- you did do the same thing with rimfire ammo during to the shortage.....

Well...

First and foremost, I didn’t expect anybody to purchase these in any quantity. CZ offered me all 1000 at SHOT. I told them no specifically because they came to us with a “last run” about three times now. Upon returning, I found out the new cost on the rifles. They were around $100 more than our old purchase price. I declined a large order again once I found that out. If you guys remember correctly, our old price was $369. Then they started messing with cost and things went up a tad. Now we have to price these rifles at $469 to maintain the same margin.

Limits in the store or on the phone were much easier to accomplish before the POS system or the eCommerce website. It’s doable, but the limits are managed on an order by order basis and there is a cost associated with it. We evaluate the availability of the item, then decide if the additional cost is viable to implement eCommerce limits.

In this situation, it’s not worth it. Have your dealer contact Bill Hicks (distributor). They bit on the big order. Their cost from CZ was the same as ours, so they will be a little more expensive. They may be out and/or low by now, but more are scheduled to ship within 30 days.

IC B3

N
ned Online Content
Campfire Regular
Online Content
Campfire Regular
N
Originally Posted by David_Walter
I know zip about these.

Is the 452 really accurate?

Yes. Based on my experience with two of them I can benchrest shoot .3 and .2 five shot groups at 50 yard on a regular basis. As with any .22 you need to find the ammo your rifle prefers. SK Std Plus works best in mine.

The folks at Rimfire Central are obsessed with them and tend to be not so thrilled with the newer 455 line. Sure the $1k plus guns from other brands do shoot better but at a stiff price.

The trigger does suck but the intallation of the Yo Dave kit fixed that.

Last edited by ned; 03/01/18.

Ride well, shoot straight, and speak the truth.
J
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
J
Originally Posted by jk16
u

D,

Well...

First and foremost, I didn’t expect anybody to purchase these in any quantity. CZ offered me all 1000 at SHOT. I told them no specifically because they came to us with a “last run” about three times now. Upon returning, I found out the new cost on the rifles. They were around $100 more than our old purchase price. I declined a large order again once I found that out. If you guys remember correctly, our old price was $369. Then they started messing with cost and things went up a tad. Now we have to price these rifles at $469 to maintain the same margin.

Limits in the store or on the phone were much easier to accomplish before the POS system or the eCommerce website. It’s doable, but the limits are managed on an order by order basis and there is a cost associated with it. We evaluate the availability of the item, then decide if the additional cost is viable to implement eCommerce limits.

In this situation, it’s not worth it. Have your dealer contact Bill Hicks (distributor). They bit on the big order. Their cost from CZ was the same as ours, so they will be a little more expensive. They may be out and/or low by now, but more are scheduled to ship within 30 days.

I understand Derrick..

CZ could have avoided all of the drama over the last 6 or 7 years if they had simply NOT replaced the m452 with the m455 but continued to make runs of both models.

I think that world wide, the m455 has not been recieved as well as they thought it would be.. I know the Australians were pissed about the discontinuance of the m452. Also, most US shooters do not need or want an interchangeable barrel system bolt gun and loved the quality and performance of the old m452.

If CZ had learned a bit from Winchester's mistake in 1964 ,they would not have announced the discontuance of the m452.

From what I have seen there were several "last goodbye" commemorate versions of the CZ m452 now on the world market . In the USA -they are marked "Grande Finale". In Canada ,they are marked "Farewell"..It could be CZ made a run of say 5,000 or more m452 .22LR actions a few tears ago for those commemoratives and at $1,000 they simply have not sold well . Maybe the entire runs have not been conpleted....It could be they have actions left over due to poor sales of those planned runs?

All I know as a buyer at this point in time, CZ looks like "the boy crying wolf " with all of this " last of the m452s - no really" nonsense.

I think in typical corporate fashion ,they made a mistake dropping the m452 and just cannot admit it to themselves.

Last edited by jk16; 03/01/18.
N
ned Online Content
Campfire Regular
Online Content
Campfire Regular
N
Just got an email from Buds, they have some 452 Americans for $487 / 473 cash. emails said they had 387 left in stock

Bud's 452

Last edited by ned; 03/01/18.

Ride well, shoot straight, and speak the truth.
N
n8dawg6 Offline OP
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
N
i wish the remington 504 had worked out better ...

N
n8dawg6 Offline OP
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
N
Originally Posted by ned
Just got an email from Buds, they have some 452 Americans for $487 / 473 cash. emails said they had 387 left in stock

Bud's 452

i was wondering if they were gonna get some

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by ned

Bud's 452

Wow ... that's what I paid for my 453 American a couple years ago, when they had a "last" run.

George
Associate Gypsy
Order of Sleepless Knights

Originally Posted by GOD
... That is when I carried you ...
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
How is the wood on most of the 452s?

J
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
J
Originally Posted by PaulBarnard

Well, the recent CZ Americans - from.about 2010 onward - are stocked with American black walnut. The quality is about like that of a Ruger m77 or Hawkeye. Not fancy wood ,but some grain and color and all heartwood. My 2016 American is a handsome looking rifle and fits right in with my older Winchesters, Brownings etc.

They are just about the nicest walnut stocks of any rifle for under $500 these days...

Last edited by jk16; 03/02/18.
N
n8dawg6 Offline OP
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
N
Originally Posted by PaulBarnard

good. im not a huge fan of the stock contouring, you can tell they dont spend extra time on it. just a little clubby. not bad for the price but, as i mentioned earlier, its not a unicorn.

F
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
F
Wow ... that's what I paid for my 453 American a couple years ago, when they had a "last" run.

I am pretty sure, all told, I was in well over $500 for my "last chance" 453 American 22LR. I would not sell it for twice that. But, point well taken, CZ prices going up. I got my 453 and can sit back and watch the 452 situation. I would look for a 452 22mag if they offered that. I dont expect it. I am sure not buying any 455 anything. if I had nothing, I might. I am sure that is the CZ marketing gamble.

Some people are distressed over the pricing of these 452. They are about $100 more than comparable 455. The whole 455 product line is simplified (ie interchangeable mix and match) and the manufacturing of the 455 itself is also simplified. The 452 american has a nicer blue and polish than the 455 american. A 20% price difference seems logical to me.

Pricing is not just based on manf cost. It is based on the company name & reputation and customer demand. The price of a Browning or new Colt is not simply cost to build with a % markup formula. The customer is paying a premium for the brand.

I remember when i first saw CZ products. The prices were stupid cheap. The iron curtain had fell and the check republic was rebuilding an economy after decades of communist exploitation. Well, they are back. The workers get an honest days pay. Assumption. The CZ firearms command a premium well beyond break even. I expect the company is making a very good profit.

Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
YB23

Who's Online Now
640 members (257Bob, 06hunter59, 007FJ, 01Foreman400, 222ND, 160user, 70 invisible), 2,857 guests, and 1,406 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,187,656
Posts18,399,278
Members73,817
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.