Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
S
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
S
I am interested in purchasing a tri-fold bed cover for my pickup. I have heard that some of the leak badly and that is not something I would be interested in. Can anyone recommend a brand that does not leak?

Thanks.

GB1

W
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
W
A tri fold? I have a roll up, the Truxedo brand. I like it. One knock on solid covers is, they take up box space when folded.

These premises insured by a Sheltie in Training ,--- and Cooey.o
"May the Good Lord take a likin' to you"
W
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
W
I go through one of these every few years. I have found that they all leak over time, some more than others. I usually get a Rugged Liner and rock on. I have never had one that leaked very bad. I haul package cement, so I have to have it pretty water tight.

Campfire Kahuna
Online Content
Campfire Kahuna
Is there one for a Dodge long bed that can easily be taken off? I need to be able to haul my RZR or a stock rack.

“In a time of deceit telling the truth is a revolutionary act.”
― George Orwell

It's not over when you lose. It's over when you quit.
R
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
R
Go to a site called Autoanything and look at the Pro Z Profold Premium tri-fold cover.
I did alot of research before I bought mine and it is great, very sturdy.
Ask for a young man named Ethan after you decide what you want, and ask him if he can help you with any discounts.
Hope this helps. Ron

IC B2

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by wabigoon
A tri fold? I have a roll up, the Truxedo brand. I like it. One knock on solid covers is, they take up box space when folded.

Same here . I went this route with great reservation but I really like mine.

Life can be rough on us dreamers.
T
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
T

look here........these are good ones........

Bought 2 for the Taco trucks.......but roll up

free ship/no tax

https://tonneaucoversworld.com/shop-by-brand/gator.html?tonneau_cover_type_filter=1252

T R U M P W O N !

U L T R A M A G A !

S
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
S
I am not talking about roll up covers. No offense, but if someone can cut right through them and steal my stuff I am not interested. I am talking about the hard covers that fold up into three sections.

J
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
J
Slidell,
Look at the Roll’n Lock A series. It is a powder coated aluminum retractable, like an Overhead rollup door. I have used several different types through years and the metal Roll’N Lock has been the best. Water will seep in at the rear corners in heavy rain at highway speed, but not much. They need to be installed by one of their vendors so it is correctly fitted. Also, it has intermediate stops that lock in place, so it is pretty handy.

http://rollnlock.com/truck-bed-products

L
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
L
I had one on my F150. It did leak and had to constantly be re tightened and re aligned.

A 18 wheeler going past on a two lane created a big blast of air and it lifted off and was run over by another 18 wheeler.

Pretty spectacular.

I now have a leer cap which works great.

A friend of mine has a roll up one that seems to be working.

Lefty C

IC B3

L
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
L
I have a Extang Trifecta II on mine... It's a trick fold soft Tonneau.. I like it quite a bit.

R
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
R
I have had a hard tri-fold since I purchased my F250. I did the research and came up with The Flip Back. I had a small leak right after I installed it but since then no leaks. Two years. Yes they are a little expensive but they are hard fiber and will hold 300 pounds on top of them. Good luck with your decision.

35 Offline
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
I had a Advantage Hard Hat trifold tonneau cover on my F150.
A tiny amount of rain would get in the back corners.
I used a piece of weather strip on the front edge of the bed to seal it up tight.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
I have a roll up Truxido on both of my trucks
Lifetime waranty

Maker of the Frankenstud Sling Keeper
S
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
S
I’ve had three Lund’ trifolds none have ever leaked.

O
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
O
Personally, have only used a Truxedo fabric roll up on my trucks. No issues. A friend had one like the Roll-n-Lock A series with the aluminum roll up. He liked it. Picky bugger and I never heard him complain about leaks.

M
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
M
I've been using an Extang Solid Fold for the last 4+ yrs. https://www.extang.com. Lots of sources sell them.

It will leak a little sometimes, but not much if you pay attention to fit of the weather stripping when you put it on. By a little I mean drive thru a thunderstorm and finding a trickle of water that would soak up with a sponge. BUT - If I have anything in the bed that could be damaged by water I'll put it in a storage tub just in case. When I've found more water its been because I was sloppy reinstalling cover and messed up fit of weather stripping.

I picked the Extang because there is absolutely no parts/pieces/tracks/rails/whatever that have to be permanently installed on the truck. The entire cover can be installed or removed in minutes leaving nothing behind. Also, because I have a locking tailgate and the way the latching hold downs on the cover work the entire thing is locked tight when closed and the tailgate is locked.

Downside that some people don't like is that the cover sits on top of the bed rails, not flush with bed. That's the price for no rails or other mechanisms permanently mounted to hold cover. The cover partially blocks stake pockets so you can't use any rack or other stuff that mounts in the pockets.

I like it. Will remove it occasionally to haul stuff when I need full bed access, but it goes on and off so easily that it doesn't bother. Much, much better than my last cover, which was a steel accordian-folding flush mount system that required tracks installed inside bed (Peragon https://www.peragon.com/ ). But when I bought the Peragon cover in 2005 there weren't many solid locking tonneau options.

B
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
B
Roll n Lock or solid one piece like Undercover Elite for me.

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

588 members (19rabbit52, 1eyedmule, 10gaugeman, 1minute, 12344mag, 1_deuce, 65 invisible), 2,885 guests, and 1,260 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,190,707
Posts18,456,861
Members73,909
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.