Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 1 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7
Campfire Kahuna
OP Offline
Campfire Kahuna
Not now. Not ever. No negotiations unless they are for uninfringement. I'd like to see the GCA repealed and I'd like not to see national reciprocity as much as national recognition of the 2nd Amendment...Constitutional Carry nationwide. Then I'd like to see work on repealing the machinegun ban. That's the gun legislation I'd like to see. Can't buy a handgun across the state line? Why in hell not?

There are a lot of compromising pussies on this site and I just want them to know where I stand. As far as mental health and felons...Anybody who has done their time should not have to do without their gun rights for the rest of their life. They step out of prison or jail and they should be able to go buy a gun. If they are still a threat, they shouldn't be out of jail. Mental patients who are a threat are the same way. Parents should be responsible for keeping guns out of the hands of children or retards. People who slip through these cracks are the reason the rest of us have guns.

Anybody who loves freedom should be totally on board with this. We need less laws, not more. Our government is the problem here along with a bunch of globalists hiding behind a bunch of lies and using a bunch of wet-brains while suppressing the truth by owning the media.

BP-B2

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Indeed!

Well said.

Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla!
Campfire Kahuna
OP Offline
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by rockinbbar
Indeed!

Well said.

Thank you.

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Agreed.

Me solum relinquatis

Molon Labe
Campfire Kahuna
OP Offline
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by Ranger_Green
Agreed.

Thank you sir.

IC B2

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
+++1

J
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
J
I got you. But what does that mean? From 1994 through Obama, the Dems avoided gun control because it was the third rail of US politics and they didn’t want to get thrown out of office. That seems to have changed. The are full bore now.

So, I don’t advocate any new laws or compromises either because it won’t satisfy them, but not compromising won’t stop them either. The next election they win and they have the votes, they are going to push some stuff through. And this time there won’t be a sunset provision or grandfathered items. So what then?

Here is an idea, stop railing on California and the other states and their sanctuary city policies and start secretly rooting for them in their defiance of the federal government. It is our blueprint for resistance when the next round of serious gun control laws are passed.

As for me, I’m not so attached to the idea of the United States as it is currently constituted that I would be happy to sacrifice all my rights just to stay part of it. The divisions on guns, immigration, and a whole host of issues are such that I don’t see how we stay together.

Campfire Kahuna
OP Offline
Campfire Kahuna
I don't rail on sanctuary cities or much of anything else Cali does save for denying their own citizens most of their 2nd amendment rights.

The Democrats avoiding gun control during that time period is a myth. Many of them got thrown out of office and the rest couldn't get anything done. They have been for gun control and went for it hard for most of my life starting with the GCA.

As for your question, it means just that...no compromise. Period. End of story.

J
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
J
Originally Posted by EthanEdwards
I don't rail on sanctuary cities or much of anything else Cali does save for denying their own citizens most of their 2nd amendment rights.

The Democrats avoiding gun control during that time period is a myth. Many of them got thrown out of office and the rest couldn't get anything done. They have been for gun control and went for it hard for most of my life starting with the GCA.

So what does no compromise mean when it is rammed down your throat?

Last edited by JoeBob; 03/01/18.
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
++++1 I agree 100%

IC B3

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Not now. Not ever. No negotiations unless they are for uninfringement. I'd like to see the GCA repealed and I'd like not to see national reciprocity as much as national recognition of the 2nd Amendment...Constitutional Carry nationwide. Then I'd like to see work on repealing the machinegun ban. That's the gun legislation I'd like to see. Can't buy a handgun across the state line? Why in hell not?

There are a lot of compromising pussies on this site and I just want them to know where I stand. As far as mental health and felons...Anybody who has done their time should not have to do without their gun rights for the rest of their life. They step out of prison or jail and they should be able to go buy a gun. If they are still a threat, they shouldn't be out of jail. Mental patients who are a threat are the same way. Parents should be responsible for keeping guns out of the hands of children or retards. People who slip through these cracks are the reason the rest of us have guns.

Anybody who loves freedom should be totally on board with this. We need less laws, not more. Our government is the problem here along with a bunch of globalists hiding behind a bunch of lies and using a bunch of wet-brains while suppressing the truth by owning the media.

I agree, they're trying to take it all as we speak.

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Some of our people got sucked into the discussion on the lefties' terms I'm afraid. They fell for the trap. What they should have done right from the beginning was establish our narrative as safeguarding schools as opposed to any kind of gun control. Every single time any of the enemy brought up the NRA or gun whatever, they're response should have been something to the effect of "we're here to talk about how to secure our schools without stealing constitutional rights from law abiding gun owners. We can keep our kids safe AND protect the 2nd amendment at the same time."

M
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
M
what do you think?

Those who would disrespect our flag have never been handed a folded one.

Men never do evil so completely and cheerfully as when they do it from religious conviction.

When in the Course of human events......
T
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
T

Well said. Spot on.

Campfire Kahuna
OP Offline
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by JoeBob

So what does no compromise mean when it is rammed down your throat?
It means you don't compromise.

J
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
J
Originally Posted by m1rifleman
what do you think?

Well, gun owners and conservatives have got to get better. Some of these damned billionaires who throw money at these worthless candidates would be better off using that money to set up social media alternatives to twitter, YouTube, and Facebook. Those are systematically being purged right now. It is becoming impossible for conservatives to get their messages out.

We need a comphrehensive strategy and we’re not good at that. In fact, we’re bad at it because we just want to be left alone. That desire is not a recipe for political activism. No compromise sounds great, but without a plan, we’ll just get bowled over.

If we want to save the country as a whole, Article 5 represents the only chance. Without that, we are fighting a rearguard action to save what we can in potential rump states.

T
TWR Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
T
I'll pass on letting a convicted felon get his rights back. Murderer's are set free everyday, victims not so much.

Campfire Kahuna
OP Offline
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by JoeBob
Originally Posted by m1rifleman
what do you think?

Well, gun owners and conservatives have got to get better. Some of these damned billionaires who throw money at these worthless candidates would be better off using that money to set up social media alternatives to twitter, YouTube, and Facebook. Those are systematically being purged right now. It is becoming impossible for conservatives to get their messages out.

We need a comphrehensive strategy and we’re not good at that. In fact, we’re bad at it because we just want to be left alone. That desire is not a recipe for political activism. No compromise sounds great, but without a plan, we’ll just get bowled over.

If we want to save the country as a whole, Article 5 represents the only chance. Without that, we are fighting a rearguard action to save what we can in potential rump states.
Why don't you suggest that to the Koch's? I'm not being sarcastic.

Campfire Kahuna
OP Offline
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by TWR
I'll pass on letting a convicted felon get his rights back. Murderer's are set free everyday, victims not so much.

If you think I want a murderer set free, you are sorely mistaken. The punishment should always fit the crime and we have gotten far, far away from that. But if somebody has borne the punishment for what he did, he shouldn't continue to suffer and he shouldn't be defenseless when he is set free, having paid for his crimes.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Hear, hear!

"I have sworn upon the altar of God, eternal hostility against every form of tyranny over the mind of man."
Thomas Jefferson

GeoW, The "Unwoke" ...Let's go Brandon!

"A Well Regulated Militia" Life Member

Page 1 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
YB23

Who's Online Now
336 members (24HourCampFireGuy50, 338Rules, 308Palma, 10gaugemag, 338reddog, 345dl, 43 invisible), 1,859 guests, and 797 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,186,236
Posts18,371,345
Members73,765
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.