Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
K
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
K
This is another airgun my local store just got in used.
I was surprised that the thumbhole stock was comfortable to me, so it may be an alternative to the RWS I posted about.
I have read that the triggers are pretty tough, but that's all I "know" about them.

If anyone can report on their personal experience with one it would be a great help.

Thanks again
Kragman

Work is what you do to finance your real life.....
GB1

Campfire Kahuna
Online Content
Campfire Kahuna
See if you can test fire it before buying...

Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla!
K
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
K
Sadly, no.
But I ended up buying an RWS 94 over it, so I've rolled my dice. I like the advantage of being able to leave a gas piston cocked for reasonable amounts of time but I went with the old style Springer anyway.

Thanks rockinbbar

Work is what you do to finance your real life.....
D
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
D
I got a Crosman Crusher NP .22 at the pawn shop fir fifty bucks out the door. Shot like crap until I took the shroud off the barrel. Now it looks like crap but has acceptable accuracy and will shread a steel aerosol can at 65 yards. And it's still relatively quiet compared to other powerful springers I've used. Also doesn't seem to have the double recoil like a high power spring rifle.

Trigger is junk and is due for the RC bearing mod. A simple $2 fix from what I've read. Or you can get a $30 replacement trigger, I forget the name.

But I really like the power of the Nitro Piston, and it has a smooth and satisfying thunk. The standard NP is plenty powerful and I think I'd prefer my little sixish pound 40 inch rifle to one of the more powerful but also much longer and heavier NP2 models.

The Titan is probably better as it doesn't come with the shroud and has a conventional smooth unthreaded barrel to begin with. But I kind of like the plastic Crusher stock. It's lightweight and pretty sturdy, and has a little shorter LOP, and the funky schnobble look doesn't totally kill my eyes.
I'll probably end up ordering a Titan barrel for the Crusher eventually...maybe. or just wrap the barrel with some camo tape.

It's my first .22 caliber air rifle, and I really appreciate the ease of handling in the larger pellets, and the on target "thump" over the little .177's even though the accuracy might not be as precise.

I also like that it doesn't have an automatic saftey like many springers do. And the inside the trigger guard safety is a very convenient and easy to use location.

Last edited by DollarShort; 03/13/18.

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

599 members (1Akshooter, 1beaver_shooter, 10gaugemag, 1minute, 1936M71, 160user, 54 invisible), 2,210 guests, and 1,250 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,190,554
Posts18,453,622
Members73,901
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.