Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
kellory Offline OP
Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
I have a 10 round mag for .450bushmaster, but would like at least 1 smaller mag for hunting. Deer rules only allow for 3 rounds in the rifle anyways, and on a bipod, the gun rests on the magazine.
Does anyone have a 3-5 round mag for an AR-15 .450bushmaster, or where would you recommended, and why?

An unemployed Jester, is nobody's Fool.

the only real difference between a good tracker and a bad tracker, is observation. all the same data is present for both. The rest, is understanding what you're seeing.

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
GB1

T
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
T
You can use 223/5.56 mags if you change the follower

http://www.chambertactical.com/product/ar-15-big-bore-follower/

kellory Offline OP
Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by TLB2
You can use 223/5.56 mags if you change the follower

http://www.chambertactical.com/product/ar-15-big-bore-follower/

I've read that if I do that, I also need to mill out a bit in front of the bullets nose, and adjust or cut back the feed lips. I do not happen to own a drimmel. I will attempt that method if I can not find what I want already made. Thank you.

the only real difference between a good tracker and a bad tracker, is observation. all the same data is present for both. The rest, is understanding what you're seeing.

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
T
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
T

kellory Offline OP
Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter

The fee is reasonable, and they are American made. That looks good. I am not familiar with this company, have you dealt with them before? Would you recommend doing business with them? (Always good to know if they have a track record) wink

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
IC B2

T
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
T
No I havent. I just found them today

Midway has AR stoner brand $27
Windham weaponry has some for $32

kellory Offline OP
Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
Thank you.

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
T
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
T
These are the ones my LGS recommends. https://www.brentonusa.com/ar-hunting-bartz-brenton-magazines/

I've been using the Bushmaster brand (like TLB2 linked above) that came with my BM upper. No problems so far. That's a good price too, I might have to get a spare.

Last edited by tmitch; 03/04/18.

Charter Member
Ancient order of the 1895 Winchester

"It's an insecure and petite man who demands all others like what he likes and dislike what he dislikes."
szihn

kellory Offline OP
Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by tmitch
These are the ones my LGS recommends. https://www.brentonusa.com/ar-hunting-bartz-brenton-magazines/

I've been using the Bushmaster brand (like TLB2 linked above) that came with my BM upper. No problems so far. That's a good price too, I might have to get a spare.

Yes, my existing mag came with my BM upper as well, but the supplier (walsh gun and tackle) has not been forthcoming with the 5 round I asked for. And after a 6 month wait, I decided to look elsewhere. The upper has worked flawlessly, just not happy with the small followup sale.

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
kellory Offline OP
Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
Ordered 1 from midway (stoner) . If it feeds properly, I will pick up a few more. Thanks for the responses.

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
IC B3

kellory Offline OP
Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
Stoner mag has arrived, and loads and feeds flawlessly by hand. When I hit the range to sight in the new scope, I will be able to test it further. So far, looks like a perfect match for the original, just shorter.

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

662 members (1minute, 12344mag, 1_deuce, 1eyedmule, 10gaugeman, 1beaver_shooter, 68 invisible), 3,117 guests, and 1,289 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,190,701
Posts18,456,774
Members73,909
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.