Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 1 of 2 1 2
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
Really nasty weather moving in this afternoon guys. Keep your eyes on the skies. Throw a shovel in the truck if you don't all ready have one before you take off for work. Might be a good day to do a half shift and get home to your family. Lots of schools calling off all ready, at least here in the metro. Be careful and get home safe guys.

molɔ̀ːn labé skýla
BP-B2

W
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
W
Keep the nasty stuff down there. I'm a half hour north of the Metro and all I've seen so far are high winds. I'm stuck house sitting for a couple more days but would like to get some shopping done while down here.

T
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
T
I live 1/2 north but work in stp. So far it’s wind only. Buncha weather nazi’s on the news.

Camp is where you make it.
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Is this snow storm in TX or MN? smile

[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]

WWP53D
T
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
T
So far it’s acting like a tx one

IC B2

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Brutal here....

Deer and antelope are going to be dropping like flies. Sad to see....

Luck....is the residue of design...
[Linked Image]
H
Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
H
For once us up north folks are going to be spared...we've plenty of snow already.....best you 612'ers stay off the roads!

N
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
N
Prior Lake has 4 inches. Might get up to 7 inches. Wind is crazy.. Kids had no school today. Easily could of went today.. Will see if they cancel again tomorrow, I think they will have school....

P
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
P
its here in central Minnesota now" late Monday" its almost a white out" ,its nasty and ugly but I am home and retired ,wife just got home from work ,I have seen worst as a lineman ,I hated climbing poles and putting wire back up in this kind of weather all nite long... but now just got some fresh cow elk burger out of freezer for chilli tomorrow ,wife makes a tasty chilli.

Last edited by pete53; 03/05/18.

LIFE NRA , we vote Red up here, Norseman
B
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
B
Wasn't bad today. Slick and slushy on the way home but there wasn't much traffic. Tomorrow will be icy

If you love someone set them free
If they come back no one else liked them
Set them free again
IC B3

Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by noduck
Prior Lake has 4 inches. Might get up to 7 inches. Wind is crazy.. Kids had no school today. Easily could of went today.. Will see if they cancel again tomorrow, I think they will have school....

Noduck-I'm still at work in Lakeville. Haven't had a soul in the Vision Center for three hours now. It's gonna be a sporty ride getting home.

molɔ̀ːn labé skýla
N
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
N
Yes it will. Was on county rd 21 heading home. Hit a open patch of farmland. Freaken wind grabbed my truck started heading towards the ditch. The kiddos were getting nervous so was i. Had to put my snowmobile helmet on to atv plow the driveway. Neighbor got one of those Bobcats utility enclosed with a plow. Man is that slick ... But spendy...

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Got about 10 inches in the driveway here in northfield.

Stopped in to see gopher at work today,but he was out somewhere.

[the member formerly known as fluffy}
W
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
W
Not sure how much snow we've got so far as it gets blown away as fast as it falls. Visibility got bad for a while and we lost satellite connection but that soon passed. The wind has blown shingles off the roof but I think it was the second layer only and not the bottom one too. My buddy won't be happy about that when he gets home Wednesday.

Got out and did a few errands before the snow hit, had a little excitement watching the police attempt to arrest some guy. The police got the driver out of the car but the passenger whom the cops were after jumped behind the wheel and led most of them off on a chase for a few miles where he then piled up. Hung out near the officers with the car passengers until the passengers were cuffed. Then went to Wal-Mart where I learned the store had been closed earlier looking for the suspect. Last time I admitted I was at that store a girl was "kidnapped" a few minutes after I left. Turned out she and her friends staged it for attention but it could have turned out badly. For the sleepy burg tzone describes, it has been rather exciting to me.

Last edited by woodmaster81; 03/05/18.
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by whipholt_wahoo
Got about 10 inches in the driveway here in northfield.

Stopped in to see gopher at work today,but he was out somewhere.
Sorry I missed you Joel. I must have been on my lunch break-no running around in that weather yesterday.

molɔ̀ːn labé skýla
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
We parked all four cars on one side of the driveway last night, and our plow guy cleaned out the other side. Headed out now to dig out the other side. I had to take a run at it with the van to get it fully into the driveway and off the road.

molɔ̀ːn labé skýla
T
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
T

Originally Posted by woodmaster81
Not sure how much snow we've got so far as it gets blown away as fast as it falls. Visibility got bad for a while and we lost satellite connection but that soon passed. The wind has blown shingles off the roof but I think it was the second layer only and not the bottom one too. My buddy won't be happy about that when he gets home Wednesday.

Got out and did a few errands before the snow hit, had a little excitement watching the police attempt to arrest some guy. The police got the driver out of the car but the passenger whom the cops were after jumped behind the wheel and led most of them off on a chase for a few miles where he then piled up. Hung out near the officers with the car passengers until the passengers were cuffed. Then went to Wal-Mart where I learned the store had been closed earlier looking for the suspect. Last time I admitted I was at that store a girl was "kidnapped" a few minutes after I left. Turned out she and her friends staged it for attention but it could have turned out badly. For the sleepy burg tzone describes, it has been rather exciting to me.

We must be neighbors.

Last edited by tzone; 03/06/18.

Campfire Savant
Campfire Savant
You people up there are tough, I admire your ability to function in the cold and snow!!

T
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
T
Well I'll tell ya what. I'd much rather function where it isn't cold and snowy.

Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
Yeah, and the babe watching really sucks this time of year.

molɔ̀ːn labé skýla
Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
YB23

Who's Online Now
375 members (007FJ, 1lesfox, 06hunter59, 01Foreman400, 10Glocks, 160user, 36 invisible), 2,327 guests, and 954 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,187,731
Posts18,400,898
Members73,822
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.