Print Thread
Hop To
Page 5 of 5 1 2 3 4 5
S
Campfire Greenhorn
Campfire Greenhorn
S
Originally Posted by Tejano

As for Fly Gear have you tried any of it that Joan Wulff designed? There are a couple of nice rods and some other items too. A friend of mine started a line of women's hunting and fishing gear called she safari and there are others too.
I wasn't aware that Joan has ever designed much, if any, apparel. Did she? Thank goodness wader and jacket selection has come along way. Boots are still lagging by a long shot. Just like hunting boots, men get the sturdy options while women get fashion with pink or teal trimmed junk. I can't find anything on she safari other than an old review and a redirect to Bass Pro. You have a current link? I'll take a look. Thx.

Other than grip size, tackle doesn't have to fit the way firearms do and cork grips can easily be turned down. It is very nice to see Joan's products stocked just like any other fly fishing product, not a women's specialty item, but I would expect that given her and Lee's history.

GB1

T
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
T
Here is one link. http://www.womenhunters.com/index.p...ear-reviews/583-she-safari-alyssa-haukom

Not sure about another friend Stacy's contribution she did the same but not sure where it went or if viable now. But like me options for left handers are getting better. When I first thought about a custom rifle the only options were Savage and Weatherby. Whats a girl going to do? Also like me I remember freezing my keester off when hunting because the best base layer I could get as a kid was the waffle underwear. I would wrap up in a sleeping bag and still managed to harvest a few deer.

If you really want to pursue this further than contact Sportsmens Finest (Yes Chauvinistic) and ask about contacts for Stacey Trimble.

"When you disarm the people, you commence to offend them and show that you distrust them either through cowardice or lack of confidence, and both of these opinions generate hatred." Niccolo Machiavelli
CWT Offline
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Bass Pro bought the She Safari line.

Alcohol, Tobacco & Firearms should be a convenience store; not a government agency.
S
Campfire Greenhorn
Campfire Greenhorn
S
Just a quick update for those of you chiming in on boots. Hoffman Boots in Kellogg, ID, came to our small town sportsmen's show this weekend. They just introduced their Explorer boot aimed at the hunting market. Jim, the owner, volunteered that women have few options in this category so they've included an uninsulated and a 400 gram insulated version for women. It felt very, very good for the few minutes I had to tromp around in his booth. I've now researched a bit and the boots are getting good reviews and comments that they're both quieter and more durable than Kennetrek.

T
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
T
Originally Posted by CWT
Bass Pro bought the She Safari line.

I haven't followed the progress of this company but it seems to be doing well. Link: https://www.ammoland.com/2008/11/she-safari-llc-grows-to-she-outdoor-apparel/#axzz58wVPYbDx

Now SHE Outdoor Apparel.

SG glad you found a pair of boots that fit.

"When you disarm the people, you commence to offend them and show that you distrust them either through cowardice or lack of confidence, and both of these opinions generate hatred." Niccolo Machiavelli
IC B2

Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by SquirrelGirl
I have a long neck, sloping shoulders, small hands, small head and I'm 5'4".

Dear God, what circus are you in?

Welcome to the 'fire. In good fun, we bust each others bal...parts here sometimes.

E
Campfire Oracle
Online Content
Campfire Oracle
E
Originally Posted by SquirrelGirl
Just a quick update for those of you chiming in on boots. Hoffman Boots in Kellogg, ID, came to our small town sportsmen's show this weekend. They just introduced their Explorer boot aimed at the hunting market. Jim, the owner, volunteered that women have few options in this category so they've included an uninsulated and a 400 gram insulated version for women. It felt very, very good for the few minutes I had to tromp around in his booth. I've now researched a bit and the boots are getting good reviews and comments that they're both quieter and more durable than Kennetrek.

Did you buy them?

Life Member SCI
Life Member DSC
Member New Mexico Shooting Sports Association

Take your responsibilities seriously, never yourself-Ken Howell

Proper bullet placement + sufficient penetration = quick, clean kill. Finn Aagard

Ken
S
Campfire Greenhorn
Campfire Greenhorn
S
Yes, they are due today. I'll be doing as many indoor test miles as I can and will report back. The test pair broken-in at the sports shows felt heavenly.

E
Campfire Oracle
Online Content
Campfire Oracle
E
Will be waiting for your report SG. smile

Life Member SCI
Life Member DSC
Member New Mexico Shooting Sports Association

Take your responsibilities seriously, never yourself-Ken Howell

Proper bullet placement + sufficient penetration = quick, clean kill. Finn Aagard

Ken
K
Campfire Regular
Online Content
Campfire Regular
K
Has anyone weigh a camilla actually weighed it? Wondering if weatherby weight claims are accurate. Thanks

IC B3

S
Campfire Greenhorn
Campfire Greenhorn
S
Mine is 7 lbs 7.0 oz with a Leopold VX-3i 2.5-8x36mm scope, the low Weatherby rings, and a Leupold Alumina flip scope cover. The rifle is chambered in 6.5 Creedmoor.

Hope that helps because I'm not taking the scope off for you! grin

K
Campfire Regular
Online Content
Campfire Regular
K
That info is perfect. Just what I was looking for. Thanks

Page 5 of 5 1 2 3 4 5

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

596 members (12344mag, 1beaver_shooter, 1lessdog, 10gaugeman, 1OntarioJim, 007FJ, 64 invisible), 2,076 guests, and 1,178 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,072
Posts18,463,761
Members73,923
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.