Print Thread
Hop To
Page 1 of 2 1 2
Campfire Kahuna
OP Offline
Campfire Kahuna
It has started...

Lots of drama the past off-season.

Mark Begich, Joaquin Jackson, and Heller resistance... Three huge reasons to worry about the NRA.
GB1

Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
Yup.

Started a thread in top forum.

If you take the time it takes, it takes less time.
--Pat Parelli

American by birth; Alaskan by choice.
--ironbender
B
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
B

Hard times create strong men. Strong men create good times.
Good times create weak men. And, weak men create hard times.

B
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
B
I remember Joe Redington Sr. from the old Anchorage Fur Rondy in 1976 I think. Visited with him a bit. Looks like Grandsons?? are still mushing..

W
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
W
Been following it since Ironbender posted the link. Thanks for posting.

IC B2

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Hope the drama doesn't overshadow the accomplishments of the mushers out there doing it. It was a beautiful day for the restart. Spent the day with friends who live on the trail in Willow. We hauled a fire pit and BBQ out on the lake, and grilled, drank, and wished the racers well as they glided by. Really cool to watch, and I respect the hell out of those with the drive to do such things.

Jeff

Campfire Kahuna
OP Offline
Campfire Kahuna
It is just about to get real interesting. Mitch Seavey will have a hard time winning, but third or better is probable. No women in the top ten now....

Mark Begich, Joaquin Jackson, and Heller resistance... Three huge reasons to worry about the NRA.
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Jessie Holmes is having a good run, currently in 9th place, not bad so far for his fist Iditarod.

That's ok, I'll ass shoot a dink.

Steelhead

A
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
A
What is the popular opinion about Dallas Seavey and his dogs testing positive for pain killer? I know he dropped out in protest.

Do you think he is guilty or was the test flawed?

Wife and I met Jeff King when we visited his kennel in 2013 while in AK. Subscribed to the Iditarod Insider the next year and followed the race closely. .I think that was the year he got caught in a big storm and scratched. He's not doing too well this year. He's gotten old like a lot of us.

What happened to Dee Dee Jonrowe that she scratched so early this year?

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
What is the popular opinion about Dallas Seavey and his dogs testing positive for pain killer? I know he dropped out in protest.

Was they on marijuana, or aspirin?

Son of a liberal: " What did you do in the War On Terror, Daddy?"

Liberal father: " I fought the Americans, along with all the other liberals."

MOLON LABE

IC B3

A
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
A
It was supposedly the opioid pain reliever Tramadol.

Campfire Kahuna
OP Offline
Campfire Kahuna
His attorneys say they had proof the drugs had been administered less than 20 minutes before the positive test and that was well after the race was over. It should never have been made public and while Dallas came forward he did not trust the Iditarod Board to keep the secret and (absolutely rightly in my opinion) believed when it came out that it would be worse for him than just addressing it up front.

The race is in trouble mostly because the Board is made up of mushers... they only know how to hold their hands out and run dogs...

Campfire Kahuna
OP Offline
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by AkMtnHntr
Jessie Holmes is having a good run, currently in 9th place, not bad so far for his fist Iditarod.

I am in an Iditarod pool every year and my "team" of 6 mushers is currently way ahead in the pool...

Most everyone picked Mitch Seavey, Aliy Zirkle, and Joar Leifseth Ulsom. For my remaining three picks I took Pete Kaiser, Richie Diehl, and Matt Hall. Lowest total for positions at the end of the race wins. With 1, 3, 5, 6, 11, and 16 places right now I am feeling lucky!

Campfire Kahuna
OP Offline
Campfire Kahuna
Feeling better with almost every update...

G
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
G
I had all my money on old man Mitch. I am not in a pool per se, but me and some buddies have something we call the Iditarod Fantasy League. He who has the first musher to Nome takes most of the money, but we also have categories for fastest female, fastest rookie, and overall team time. We have a trophy and everything, lol.

Good for Joar though he's been quite the competitor the last few years and he is a well deserving champion.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Looks like there's still some good racing for places within the top 10.

Sometimes, the air you 'let in'matters less than the air you 'let out'.
P
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
P
Originally Posted by AnsonRogers

Do you think he is guilty or was the test flawed?

Wife and I met Jeff King when we visited his kennel in 2013 while in AK. Subscribed to the Iditarod Insider the next year and followed the race closely. .I think that was the year he got caught in a big storm and scratched. He's not doing too well this year. He's gotten old like a lot of us.

What happened to Dee Dee Jonrowe that she scratched so early this year?

NO I think someone fed meat that was laced with drugs to 3 0f his 16 dogs there at the Iditarod race, someone wanted him to lose ? odd only 3 dogs showed drug signs of the 16 dogs ? there are 3 stops 2 mandatory 8 hr. stops and 1- 24 hr. mandatory stop and no one watches over all dogs or mushers all the time .besides his dad mitch seavey and the grandpa seavey have all been in the Iditarod races since it started, grandpa at the beginning ,then dad mitch and he got third this year too and their dogs have never tested positive .

Last edited by pete53; 03/14/18.

LIFE NRA , we vote Red up here, Norseman
Campfire Kahuna
OP Offline
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by Klikitarik
Looks like there's still some good racing for places within the top 10.

Has not been much place changing going on at all...

Richie Diehl just drove his dogs 55 miles into Safety at 8.44mph!!! At the back end of 900 miles of running!

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by Sitka deer

I am in an Iditarod pool every year and my "team" of 6 mushers is currently way ahead in the pool...

Most everyone picked Mitch Seavey, Aliy Zirkle, and Joar Leifseth Ulsom. For my remaining three picks I took Pete Kaiser, Richie Diehl, and Matt Hall. Lowest total for positions at the end of the race wins. With 1, 3, 5, 6, 11, and 16 places right now I am feeling lucky!
Damn, you done good. Our guy Jessie Holmes finished 7th, pretty good for his first Iditarod run. He was supposed to film some of his run but right out of the gates he had issues with the camera then his dog team got off trail in a blizzard. He dumped all the camera gear and concentrated on running the race instead and it looks like it paid off.

That's ok, I'll ass shoot a dink.

Steelhead

Campfire Kahuna
OP Offline
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by Sitka deer

Damn, you done good. Our guy Jessie Holmes finished 7th, pretty good for his first Iditarod run. He was supposed to film some of his run but right out of the gates he had issues with the camera then his dog team got off trail in a blizzard. He dumped all the camera gear and concentrated on running the race instead and it looks like it paid off.

Pretty amazing when rookies come up and do that well in the first attempt... Joar Ulsom was a contender from the get-go...

I was pulling for Matt Hall, a local kid that runs his trapline with dogs. And placing 11th on his first attempt made this a rookie crop like we seldom see.

If Aliy makes it in tonight I win enough to buy an 8 pound keg and that would make me very happy!

Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

558 members (16penny, 12344mag, 160user, 007FJ, 163bc, 10gaugeman, 51 invisible), 2,232 guests, and 1,134 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,190,604
Posts18,454,831
Members73,908
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.