Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 8 of 8 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8
K
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
K
One of my favorite old time Texas pics. The Tompkins jaguar killed in Mills county Texas, 1903. About 100 or so miles northwest of Austin.

[Linked Image]

Founder
Ancient Order of the 1895 Winchester

"Come, shall we go and kill us venison?
And yet it irks me the poor dappled fools,
Being native burghers of this desert city,
Should in their own confines with forked heads
Have their round haunches gored."

WS

BP-B2

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by kaywoodie
One of my favorite old time Texas pics. The Tompkins jaguar killed in Mills county Texas, 1903. About 100 or so miles northwest of Austin.

[Linked Image]

Bob,
I've seen that photo somewhere before. Seems if my memory is correct, it was some where around Goldwaite ???

I enjoyed our visit at McBride's yesterday. It was nice to finally get to meet you. I hope my nephew doesn't come by and bug you too often. He's a good kid, and really likes to talk, if you haven't noticed already. wink

"Allways speak the truth and you will never have to remember what you said before..." Sam Houston
Texans, "We say Grace, We Say Mam, If You Don't Like it, We Don't Give a Damn!"

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
K
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
K
Yup Goldwaithe! Good to meet you too! And Josh is a good kid! We enjoy his visits!

Founder

WS

C
cdb Offline
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
C
My older sister lives in San Angelo and she swears she saw a black panther while walking on the SW edge of town. She truly believes she saw one and believes there is an animal species separate from the mountain lion called "Black Panther". She is a very intelligent person and truly believes she saw one. I keep my mouth shut because she is one of those people that it is very unpleasant to disagree with.

Don't roll those bloodshot eyes at me.
K
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
K
RARE SIGHTING TONIGHT!!!

Ok, I'm out in my man cave project tonight watching a nice slop cocktail pile out the window, waiting for this herd of hogs that have been terrorizing the place to make an appearance, when I spot this coming out of the brush!!!

[Linked Image]

I believe it's the rare Pygmy variety of black panther. Also known around the place as Bageera. One of the farm cats!!!

No pigs yet. But I'm confident! They rooted up the bottom last night.

Last edited by kaywoodie; 06/03/14.

Founder

WS

IC B2

Campfire Kahuna
Online Content
Campfire Kahuna
laugh laugh

Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla!
A
A
March 03,2018 (+/-) 2300 hrs Saturday night. Saw one that had been hit by a vehicle on side of road. It was maybe 40-60 pounds with a 3-3 1/2 foot black thick tail. Could not pull over in time due to traffic. Beautiful shiny black coat. It was on Hwy 77 past Victoria just 2-3 miles past the Exxon gas station on hill. I was headed to Corpus Christi looking for FM 239 to come in the back way on Hwy 35.
Wish I had made U-turn now.

Campfire Kahuna
Online Content
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by Alligatorgar123
March 03,2018 (+/-) 2300 hrs Saturday night. Saw one that had been hit by a vehicle on side of road. It was maybe 40-60 pounds with a 3-3 1/2 foot black thick tail. Could not pull over in time due to traffic. Beautiful shiny black coat. It was on Hwy 77 past Victoria just 2-3 miles past the Exxon gas station on hill. I was headed to Corpus Christi looking for FM 239 to come in the back way on Hwy 35.
Wish I had made U-turn now.

Should have told me sooner, as I'm not far from there. It'd be a tad ripe, right now though... wink

Yeah, there's lions here. Saw some recent tracks in mad from recent rains.

Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla!
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Not much escapes a game camera in the south nowdays with a game camera for every 10 acres or so it seems.

I have had a couple of game cameras out for several years and have yet to get a picture of a bobcat or fox. Everything else, including a coyote and possum eating rice bran at the same time. I have seen both bobcat and fox several time while hunting, just not on any of my cameras. miles

Look out for number 1, don't step in number 2.
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
We had a lady at who claimed she saw a hyena in her pasture. We laughed like hell. The next day she came into work with photos of her pasture and I'll be damned if there wasn't a hyena in that picture. Which means that someone had one as a pet...WTF????

A friend and myself followed a man moving some farm equipment, and brought Him back to His truck one time in the mid 1980's in Central Arkansas, and something ran across the road. We all thought that it looked like a hyena. Not a long look, but all thought the same thing. It was not over 75 yards form us. miles

Look out for number 1, don't step in number 2.
IC B3

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
You do not want any evidence to suggest those cats are there. As soon as there is proof, everything changes and lands you would have had access to will get locked up by the greenie trash and their feral court co-conspirators.

[Linked Image from i.pinimg.com]

Z
O
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
O
We have cats (Mt Lions) in OK. I can't imagine them stopping at the Red River.

There are 2 rules to success:

1. Never tell everything that you know.
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
lots of them in tx

God bless Texas-----------------------
Old 300
I will remain what i am until the day I die- A HUNTER......Sitting Bull
Its not how you pick the booger..
but where you put it !!
Roger V Hunter
Campfire Savant
Campfire Savant
I’ve seen several through the years, Freer, Ozona, Burnet, and one in Magnolia.

B
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
B
Well, We live about 45miles east of Dallas. 7 or 8 yrs ago my Son and family were visiting. I went to bed and all 6 of them plus my Wife were watching a movie. I was sleeping. One of my Grandsons yelled,"Oh $hit,A mountain lion is on the back porch". We have a 8' veranda that runs the length of the back of the house. All of them got a look and called the sheriff's dept. They came out in a G'Damn Swat Vehicle. What a circus! All had their vest and ARs.Of course the animal was gone. TP&W had a biologist come out the next day. He photoed the prints and said it was a big cat. He also said that we would probably not see it again. We haven't.

[Linked Image]

R
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
R
OP mentioned black cats.

I can't say I"ve seen a black one. Though one at night was VERY dark.

That said who hasn't seen a deer almost black in color depending on how they hold their hair and the lighting, sun angle etc...

Cats though, over all, are around, I"d doubt there would be any single county in TX that doesn't have one, excepting possibly counties that are almost totally large urban jungles.

We can keep Larry Root and all his idiotic blabber and user names on here, but we can't get Ralph back..... Whiskey Tango Foxtrot, over....
Campfire Savant
Campfire Savant
Urban jungles have black cats!!!

Campfire Greenhorn
Campfire Greenhorn
Here is one caught about 2 wks ago in an area where we fish along the Rio Grande in Laredo. Its actually a neighborhood. Have seen a couple when I was younger ,lots of tracks and dead deer and calves .
Lucio

Attached Images
mountain lion.jpg (74.61 KB, 21 downloads)

" It's the nut behind the butt that makes the difference"
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
We see them from time to time at our Ranch in Stonewall county, TX along the Brazos River. Seems they use it as a travel corridor.

Also see them on a Buddy’s Ranch in Coleman County from time to time.

"Allways speak the truth and you will never have to remember what you said before..." Sam Houston
Texans, "We say Grace, We Say Mam, If You Don't Like it, We Don't Give a Damn!"

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
Page 8 of 8 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
YB23

Who's Online Now
390 members (300jimmy, 1lesfox, 160user, 257 mag, 1lessdog, 12344mag, 40 invisible), 2,067 guests, and 900 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,187,594
Posts18,398,004
Members73,815
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.