-->
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
I'm looking for what u guys make ahead and reheat/finish to eat... ..and not left over's ..lol. I don't have as much time as I need to, too whip up some fine eats as we are closing in on the end of are home build, not saying we don't eat good ..but I've been told we eat like it was the weekend...everyday. I have made a few things that u heat and eat...just looking to see what others do for a late/chittywork schedule dinner .

I work harder than a ugly stripper....
GB1

T
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
T
Lately for us it’s been canned deer. It’s fast and easy to make stroganoff or just a noodle dish without the cream sauce. Put a pint in the skillet and chop a carrot or two and some celery and toss in, onions and mushrooms too if you want. Can of beef broth over it and two handfuls of egg noodles with a little water. Stick a lid on it and you’re ready to eat in 10-15 minutes tops.

Today since it was rainy and nasty outside I stuck a whole loin off a pig I shot last week in the crockpot. Quartered a big sweet onion in there and put a tablespoon each of soy sauce, teriyaki sauce, and white vinegar. Coarse ground salt on top and a quarter cup of water then let it cook down all afternoon and evening. Tomorrow after work I’ll shred it up and we’ll spoon the meat and broth over white rice for supper, probably steam some broccoli or carrots to go with it.

When we lived in AK one of our favorite quickie meals when we were feeling lazy was a Ceasar salad with crumbled salmon on top. Wife prefers sautéed silver filet on hers and I like smoked king best on mine but it’s all good. Doesn’t take long either if you have some fish thawed and use a bagged salad kit.

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
I have made large batches of soup and vacuum sealed it in portions. Toss it in the freezer and pull out what you want when you want.

B
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
B
I make a lottery off soup when I butcher. I smoke a pork butt and eat from that for quite a while. Meatloaf eats good as leftovers.

If you love someone set them free
If they come back no one else liked them
Set them free again
S
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
S
That's what I do. This past Sunday it was a pork shoulder rubbed and cooked in the dutch oven, carbs were sweet potatoes cut into chunks, coated with olive oil and seasonings then roasted, lastly a slaw with a red onion, bell peppers, feta and a dressing of olive oil and seasoned rice vinegar. When the sweet potatoes and slaw are gone we'll have salads made from fresh chopped romaine with some pulled pork in them.

What would Porter Rockwell do?
IC B2

Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
Yep, Sunday afternoons, we generally get ahead for the week.

Soups, chillis, shepards pie, meatloaf, slow cooked pork or shanks/secondary cuts, curries, etc - lots of hearty stuff at this time of year.

Sometimes a couple of pizza doughs, always some kind of baking.

All grat for when you get home late & always leftovers for lunch.

Paul.

"Kids who grow up hunting, fishing & trapping, do not mug little old Ladies"

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

584 members (10gaugemag, 1234, 10gaugeman, 06hunter59, 10ring1, 007FJ, 46 invisible), 2,621 guests, and 1,167 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,190,505
Posts18,452,557
Members73,901
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.