Print Thread
Hop To
Page 2 of 3 1 2 3
E
edk Offline
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
E
My savage in 22-250 is a pleasure to shoot. It always does what it's supposed to. I have had 243's but was never impressed. I did have a custom barreled 6-284 that shot light bullets really well. Sold it and kept the 22-250. To each their own. Ed k

GB1

H
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
H
Originally Posted by 303savage
Why own a 22-250, if someone can sell me I will listen. I like the 243 better, based on bullet choice from 55- 105, varmint to deer. Seems to me the 22250 is a waste of powder. What's the fire say?

Less recoil in the 22-250. As Prairie Goat pointed out, in most factory rifles, the 22-250 is really hamstringed by slow twist, limiting bullet selection to ping pong ball ballistic coefficients. Put an 8โ€ twist barrel on it and it becomes a whole different animal. I have an easier time getting 1st round hits with my 22-250 shooing 75gr Amaxes than any other rig Iโ€™ve ever shot, and I can easily watch everything happen through the scope. Leaves me grinning every time I shoot it.

John

If my people, who are called by my name, will humble themselves and pray and seek my face and turn from their wicked ways, then I will hear from heaven, and I will forgive their sin and will heal their land. 2 Chronicles 7:14
D
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
D
For hunting and shooting coyotes and varmints, the 22-250 is hard to beat. I will keep my 22-250.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by Judman
Kinda like a 338, been lookin for a good bdl 338 for a spell now, caint find one

I have a 338 BDL, since I have two and I don't shoot them as much as I used too...

If it were 6mm vs. 22-250, I'd pick the 6mm. Never cared much for the 243 as they seem to burn barrels out too soon. I've owned 6 or 7 ea. 6mm's and only 3 ea. 243's.

I've had a few 22-250's and am re-barreling a "shot out" Remington 700 243 to 22-250 now, I'll be out of 243's for a while -- until a good priced one comes along.

I prefer classic.
Semper Fi
I used to run with the hare. Now I'm envious of the tortoise and I do my own stunts but rarely intentionally
R
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
R
Originally Posted by prairie_goat
Why own a 22-250.

There is no reason.
The 243 outperforms the 22-250 at long range (higher bc offerings in 6mm).
The 243 has better big game bullet selection.
The 243 shoots 55s faster than 55s from the 22-250, and has higher bcs to boot.
The 243 can easily be loaded down to 22-250 levels of recoil.

The 22-250 kicks too much for high volume varmint use.
The 22-250 makes too much noise for high volume varmint use.
The 22-250 burns barrels out too quickly for high volume varmint use.

The only thing the 22-250 does well compared to the 243 is shoot slightly cheaper and slightly higher bc 70-80 grain bullets. Big effin' deal.
The 22-250 is a 'tweener, and its day has passed.

I'm not saying that is false but I don't see it as very likely. Generally speaking, taking a bullet of a given weight and making it shorter and fatter lowers bc. A certain amount of that can be overcome with bullet profile design. With equivalent design, however, the .22 should have a higher bc.

Also, is the .243 well suited to high volume varmint use? I would have said not.

The .243 was designed and sold as a tweener. I've got little interest in either of these cartridges but I'm not sure much of the argument for the superiority of the .243 is based in real world differences. I would rather use a .243 deer sized game or long range shooting. That I agree with but I wouldn't chose it with all of the 6.5's available.

IC B2

Campfire Savant
Campfire Savant
Why not have both, you canโ€™t have too many guns!!!!๐Ÿ˜Š๐Ÿ˜Š๐Ÿ˜Š๐Ÿ˜Š๐Ÿ˜Š๐Ÿ˜‰๐Ÿ˜‰๐Ÿ˜‰๐Ÿ˜

B
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
B
This is a silly argument either way as to which one is "better".

It reads like someone is defending his buying decision, but he's not sure that he made the right choice, so he's hoping that the internet will reinforce his choice for him.

Everyone needs at least one of each just because.

It's official. I missed the selfie deadline so I'm Maser's sock puppet because rene and the Polish half of the fubar twins have decided that I am.

ฮœOฮ›ฮฉฮ ฮ›ฮ‘ฮ’ฮ• ฮผฮฟฮปแฝผฮฝ ฮปฮฑฮฒฮญ
P
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
P
Originally Posted by rovert
Why own a 22-250.

There is no reason.
The 243 outperforms the 22-250 at long range (higher bc offerings in 6mm).
The 243 has better big game bullet selection.
The 243 shoots 55s faster than 55s from the 22-250, and has higher bcs to boot.
The 243 can easily be loaded down to 22-250 levels of recoil.

The 22-250 kicks too much for high volume varmint use.
The 22-250 makes too much noise for high volume varmint use.
The 22-250 burns barrels out too quickly for high volume varmint use.

The only thing the 22-250 does well compared to the 243 is shoot slightly cheaper and slightly higher bc 70-80 grain bullets. Big effin' deal.
The 22-250 is a 'tweener, and its day has passed.

I'm not saying that is false but I don't see it as very likely. Generally speaking, taking a bullet of a given weight and making it shorter and fatter lowers bc. A certain amount of that can be overcome with bullet profile design. With equivalent design, however, the .22 should have a higher bc.

Also, is the .243 well suited to high volume varmint use? I would have said not.

The .243 was designed and sold as a tweener. I've got little interest in either of these cartridges but I'm not sure much of the argument for the superiority of the .243 is based in real world differences. I would rather use a .243 deer sized game or long range shooting. That I agree with but I wouldn't chose it with all of the 6.5's available.

Listed bcs:
The 22 caliber 55 grain Ballistic Tip has a .267 BC.
The 24 caliber 55 grain Ballistic Tip has a .276 BC.
I agree with you that the BCs should be the other way around in theory, but this is the way it works out with the Ballistic Tip. The Blitzking is the other way around, but I prefer the Ballistic Tip as it holds together and drives deep, working for deer as well as varmints. Vmaxs aren't a direct comparison, as they make a 55 grain 22 caliber but a 58 grain 243, and the 22 is flat based.

The 243 isn't well suited for high volume use either, but that wasn't the point. The point was that if dropping down to 22 caliber, one thinks "varmint", and a 22-250 sucks for high volume varmint use. It kicks too hard to see hits in the scope at the ranges most small varmints are shot, makes enough noise to quickly drive colony varmints underground, and shooting 500+ rounds through one a day means a lot of expense and the barrel won't last long. The 22-250 is superb for coyotes and the like, but so is a 243. But really, neither is my fave if keeping hides.

I came to these conclusions after owning two 22-250s, one of which was shot enough to need a new barrel, as well as having a couple other large capacity 22s around to draw conclusions from. I've owned and shot the wee out of something like a half dozen 243s. So this was based on real world experiences and observation of differences.

P
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
P
Originally Posted by 260Remguy
Why not have a 22-250 if you can afford to buy and keep one?

Many of us, probably most of us, who frequent this site are likely to own multiple redundant rifle/cartridge combinations. Why? Probably because we want to and because we can.

If a person feels that he/she needs to pare their collection of centerfire rifles to a minimum of three or four, the 223 is probably a more practical choice in a .224" bore cartridge than the 22-250.

I have had at least one 22-250 in the rack almost constantly since 1970 and currently have 10 of them around. When I was stationed at Fort Riley, KS, in the early 1980s I shot a Remington 700 Varmint in 22-250 and did my best to put a dent in the coyote population in Clay, Dickinson, Geary, Riley, and Wabaunsee counties.

Some years ago, Mule Deer wrote an article about the 22-250, noting that many of his neighbors in Montana used their 22-250s as their primary small and medium game cartridge.

Yeah, there are still old timers around with 22-250s. There's a fella from the north end of the county with a 788 22-250 that's been through several barrels. The stock is nearly devoid of finish from being beat up in a pickup for the last 30 or 40 years, but this guy can really shoot it well. Absolutely kicked my ass at a turkey shoot, where we did a 500 yard offhand stage. Shooting at a decent sized gong, I think I hit it twice, and was really happy with my performance. He cleaned it, 5 out of 5!

Most folks under 40 seem to shoot 223s or 204s instead of 22-250s, at least around my end of Montana. And plenty of those rifles get used for not only varmints but also a lot of deer and antelope, and even some elk.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
The 22-250's day in the sun may be past, but twist it at 1/8 and it becomes a useful tool again.

Originally Posted by Judman
PS, if you think Trump is โ€œgoodโ€ youโ€™re way stupider than I thought! Haha

Sorry, trump is a no tax payin pile of shiit.
IC B3

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Never saw a 22-250 need in my neck of the woods. Evidently they bounce off deers....

pal Offline
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Some states won't allow .22 caliber for deer.

"There's more to optics than meets the eye."--anon

"...most of us would be better off losing half a pound around the waist than half a pound on our rifle."--dhg

B
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
B
first rifle I ever bought was a used Browning A bolt 22/250 stainless stalker in 1999 from a gander mountain in Bloomington MN. It already came with a Leupold vx3 4.5-14x and a harris bipod. at the time the 40 round white box Winchester USA 45 grain JHP was $17! that rifle was the only one for a long time and taught me volumes about rifle shooting. Even with the 40 round boxes of Winchester white box at $34 today its still a bargain. Despite being the second owner and shooting hundreds of rounds and using it as my primary prairie dog gun for 3 trips out west it still shoots better than me.

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by 260Remguy
Why not have a 22-250 if you can afford to buy and keep one?

Many of us, probably most of us, who frequent this site are likely to own multiple redundant rifle/cartridge combinations. Why? Probably because we want to and because we can.

If a person feels that he/she needs to pare their collection of centerfire rifles to a minimum of three or four, the 223 is probably a more practical choice in a .224" bore cartridge than the 22-250.

I have had at least one 22-250 in the rack almost constantly since 1970 and currently have 10 of them around. When I was stationed at Fort Riley, KS, in the early 1980s I shot a Remington 700 Varmint in 22-250 and did my best to put a dent in the coyote population in Clay, Dickinson, Geary, Riley, and Wabaunsee counties.

Some years ago, Mule Deer wrote an article about the 22-250, noting that many of his neighbors in Montana used their 22-250s as their primary small and medium game cartridge.

Yeah, there are still old timers around with 22-250s. There's a fella from the north end of the county with a 788 22-250 that's been through several barrels. The stock is nearly devoid of finish from being beat up in a pickup for the last 30 or 40 years, but this guy can really shoot it well. Absolutely kicked my ass at a turkey shoot, where we did a 500 yard offhand stage. Shooting at a decent sized gong, I think I hit it twice, and was really happy with my performance. He cleaned it, 5 out of 5!

Most folks under 40 seem to shoot 223s or 204s instead of 22-250s, at least around my end of Montana. And plenty of those rifles get used for not only varmints but also a lot of deer and antelope, and even some elk.

One of the highest scoring whitetails, 202 6/8, was taken not far from me by Kevin Petrzilka with a Remington 788 in 22-250 sporting a Tasco scope and firing 55 grain BTs. Can you say "truck gun"?

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
This schit is never NOT funny!

Firstly,if only as per always...boolits matter wayyyyyyyyyyy more than headstamps. If someone is trying to "gloat" on their 55gr Ping Pong Ball "thought" process,in either .224" or .243" bore sizing...give her a hug,because she fhuqking NEEDS it. Congratulations?!?

Secondly and if only in objective observation,extrapolation and R&D,I've Custom Rifles in every chambering thus far cited in the .224/.243" bore sizes and in the High RPM variety. Hint. Also have a bunch more,in chamberings yet to be cited. I think highly of the 223AI,22 Grendel,22-250AI,270,6 Grendel,6BR,6 Kreedmire,243AI,6-284 and 6 Twat-Six,if only for extrapolation,in case yet another clueless Kchunt wants to get lippy and "talk" about things they've "got" to read about and Dream about. Though I do VERY much enjoy the "esteemed" Ping Pong Ball Chronicles,by a herd of Drooling Dumbfhuqks and you gals are really doing "great". Hint. Laughing!

Now I'll state clearly and it'll come as a "surprise" only to THE Dumbest Of Fhuqks,that a High RPM 223AI is my favoritest chambering of All Time. Logistics,round count,performance,precision,accuracy and FUN...fuels that fire and connects all dots. I have 'em in 7,8,9,10,12 and 14" RPM,with spouts from 18 to 24". Pass a 8" or better at 21",with a 75 ELD kissing a throat of repute at 2.450" COAL or so at 3150fps. Have 'em both shorter and longer throated,none of which is a fhuqking show stopper. I prefer it to a High RPM 22-250 SALAMI,if only because I've got both. Hint.

A High RPM 22-250 SALAMI at like length(though I've got 'em longer too),will scoot the 75 ELD 3275fps(where my 21" 'Rock 1-7" is happiest). Their .467BC is real,in all of my spouts,which is "only" of superb wares greater than all here combined. Hint. I shoot the 80 ELD's too,just as I did the 80 'Max...but the increase in mass,costs enough speed,that the 75's shine brighter. I've less than ZERO faith in Burgers or Sugars,if only because I shoot 'em all. Re-hint. Anywhoo a modest length SALAMI High RPM 22-250 is assuredly no slouch and arranges alotta nice thangs,in a friendly parcel,that is forgiving. As far as "75 Splash"...EVERYONE is gunning them,from Vermin to Moose and nobody has swapped gears yet. To be fair,that in 223AI,22-250 SALAMI and 22-250AI...as mainstays. Hint.

Aforementioned 'Rock in foreground,23" 1-7.7" Krieger 22-250AI amidship and 24" 9" RPM Hart 22-250AI on the back fence in an M40A1 numbers matchin' handle. Google that 'un too. Laughing!

[Linked Image]

Now I reckon it is plum Fascinatin' for you "hard chargers" to reflect upon Uncle Daddy's Ping Pong Ball Launcher of yore and "all" of the "shooting" done with it,like it is a barometer of anything other than your incredible fhuqking STUPIDITY. Hint. Read that again. now one more time. Re-hint. Laughing! Ain't it a hoot,that them who "know" and "do" as "much" as you gals,fixate headstamps and gotta "read" about boolits?!? RE-Laughing! HINT.

From a sheer mechanical standpoint,I much prefer the 6 Kreedmire to the 243Win SALAMI or 243Win AI. Why? Because boolits matter wayyyyyyy more than headstamps DUMB Fhuqk. The 6 Kreed do to the 243,what the 243 do to the 6mm Rem. I realize that such simplistic mechanical constants reliably sail over pointy heads,but Estrogen do not change Facts or Physics. Hint. As an aside,there are no fhuqking 9,10 or 12" RPM 6 Kreedmire's. Hint. All Kreedmire's will shoot boolits of repute and are farrrrrrrrrrr better suited to nestling same,within their OEM mag confines. Google it. Hint. Though in fairness...I've only got 'em in 7" and 8" RPM. Re-hint. HOPEFULLY there is someone brazen enough to TRY and "talk" RPM,throat,COAL and dot connection...as they swoon their EPIC Goat Fhuqk obliviously. That'd be Two Dogs wortha' Dare. Hint. Laughing!

I tend to fling 108 ELD's in modest length Kreedmires at 3050fps and if folks wanna flog on things faster,that's their bidness. I'm at ease in letting 10 Mils on the windshield do it's thang. That's only the 1200yd line in this morning's atmosphere,from a 250yd zero. Slips transonic at 1425yds,which is fairly Skookum. 5 Mils of FV 10mph wind don't happen,until the 1900yd line,which don't suck. Nor does having 30+ Mils available on the erector. You gals best start Googlin',all over again and don't "forget" Alpha brass this time. Hint. Laughing!

Couple/few High RPM .243" bores extrapolated on a dusty Summer's afternoon.

[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

Kinda/sorta coming full circle,do I shoot a 6 Kreed'(essentially a SALAMI 6-250 AI),243Win SALAMI or 243Win AI as much as anything in .224" bore sizing? Nope. Nor does anyone else I know,or that you "know" either. Hint. I do just "happen" to shoot THE Dog Fhuqk outta High RPM 6BR(s) though,but still not yet equated to .224" round count volumes...but yet farrrrrrrrrrrr greater than it's longer .473" brethren,if only because I have 'em all. Yep. Do I shoot 6 Grendel Krunchentickers,more than 243Win SALAMI Krunchentickers? Yep. Do you gals "shoot' any of it? Nope. Hint. Laughing!

Re-circling,do I shoot 22-250 SALAMI,22-250AI,CHeetah or Swift as much as I do 223/223AI or 22 Grendel? Nope. It fhuqks with pointy heads,that a "lowly" 18" 5.56/Wylde/223(pick the nomenclature that swoons you) Krunchenticker,will stomp Uncle Daddy's Ping Pong Ball Launcher with a 24/26" spout. Hint. A 20" 8" RPM Rifle Gas 22 Grendel Krunchenticker,takes it to a whole 'nother Universe. Ask me how I fhuqking KNOW and am always alllllll too happy to grant Clueless kchunts the first poke,as they are trying to "show" me,after trying to "tell" me. Hint. Laughing!

1000 words...but forgive the 75ELD in the 22-250 SALAMI and 22-250AI. Hint.

[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

The only thing you gals "shoot" is your mouths and Imagination..."luckily" Imagination and Pretend are priced within your means. Laughing! Must be really fun,to haveta read about it all and Google your version of "knowledge","experience" and "results". LAUGHING!

P.S. and by the fhuqking way...I speak Fluent DBM too,so don't "forget" to give that a whirl too. Hint. Laughing!

[Linked Image]

Don't let the cat get your tongue,nor the couch your kchunt. Ooooopsie!...too fhuqking late! It's always fhuqking HILARIOUS,if/when you try to cite "particulars" and frost same with "your" pics. EXTRY Points awarded,for citing another's Ping Pong Bal in a Goat Fhuqk,as sweet "vindication" of your STUPIDITY. lHint.

Bless your hearts.

Laughing!............................

Brad says: "Can't fault Rick for his pity letting you back on the fire... but pity it was and remains. Nothing more, nothing less. A sad little man in a sad little dream."
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Why own a 22-250, if someone can sell me I will listen. I like the 243 better, based on bullet choice from 55- 105, varmint to deer. Seems to me the 22250 is a waste of powder. What's the fire say?

The .22-250 is primarily a varmint round. I've killed a lot of p-dogs and coyotes with mine. A 40g BT or V-MAX @ 4,000+fps does the job very well.

A waste of powder? The .22-250 is very effective and burns less powder than a .243. I think it would be more correct to state the extra powder required by the .243 is wasted when the job could be done with less.

Recoil is pretty mild. Handloads are cheap and cheaper than .243 handloads.

Someone claimed the .22-250 burns barrels out too fast for high volume varmint use. Not necessarily true, but burn through a lot of rounds quickly and just about any centerfire will burn the throat out. Including a .243, which I think will do so faster than a .22-250.

I've used a .22LR, .223, .22-250, and .257 Roberts for varmints and have a .243. For high volume varmints (p-dogs), I'll take the .223 or .22-250 over the .243 or .257 Roberts any day. For coyotes and other low volume shooting is doesn't make much difference and I've used my .257 Robert extensively for coyotes. (The .243 is a fairly new addition that has only been used on antelope.)

For big game I'll take the .243 and .257 Roberts. These are my favorites for antelope.

Coyote Hunter - NRA Patriot Life, NRA Whittington Center Life, GOA, DAD - and I VOTE!

No, I'm not a Ruger bigot - just an unabashed fan of their revolvers, M77's and #1's.

A good .30-06 is a 99% solution.
P
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
P
Another point is that from a historical standpoint, the 22-250 and other big 22s used to have a more clearly defined niche. The bullet offerings of 40-50 years ago weren't what they are today - for example a 223 firing a 40 grain tipped bullet runs right with a 22-250 firing an old 52 grain hpbt. Those plastic tipped bullets didn't exist for a long time, let along good 40 grain bullets. I remember when 55 grain tipped 24 caliber bullets came out; before that there was a gap in good bullets which gave the big 22s a place of their own. Not so much, in the 21st century.

Also, one doesn't have to go up to 105s to take advantage of reasonably high 6mm BCs. Berger makes the 87 grain VLD, which has a .412 bc. With faster burning powders, a 243 with this bullet is pretty similar to 75/80 grain recoil and blast out of a 22-250.

J
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
J
Bitch lips, youโ€™re better suited to as gay as it gets, zip your lip and let the hunters talk.... hint Laffin Congratulations toldjaso blah blah fuucking blah....

Ping pong balls for the win.
Once you've wrestled everything else in life is easy. Dan Gable
I keep my circle small, Iโ€™d rather have 4 quarters than 100 pennies.

Ainโ€™t easy havin pals.
H
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
H
Originally Posted by Big Stick
This schit is never NOT funny!

Firstly,if only as per always...boolits matter wayyyyyyyyyyy more than headstamps. If someone is trying to "gloat" on their 55gr Ping Pong Ball "thought" process,in either .224" or .243" bore sizing...give her a hug,because she fhuqking NEEDS it. Congratulations?!?

Secondly and if only in objective observation,extrapolation and R&D,I've Custom Rifles in every chambering thus far cited in the .224/.243" bore sizes and in the High RPM variety. Hint. Also have a bunch more,in chamberings yet to be cited. I think highly of the 223AI,22 Grendel,22-250AI,270,6 Grendel,6BR,6 Kreedmire,243AI,6-284 and 6 Twat-Six,if only for extrapolation,in case yet another clueless Kchunt wants to get lippy and "talk" about things they've "got" to read about and Dream about. Though I do VERY much enjoy the "esteemed" Ping Pong Ball Chronicles,by a herd of Drooling Dumbfhuqks and you gals are really doing "great". Hint. Laughing!

Now I'll state clearly and it'll come as a "surprise" only to THE Dumbest Of Fhuqks,that a High RPM 223AI is my favoritest chambering of All Time. Logistics,round count,performance,precision,accuracy and FUN...fuels that fire and connects all dots. I have 'em in 7,8,9,10,12 and 14" RPM,with spouts from 18 to 24". Pass a 8" or better at 21",with a 75 ELD kissing a throat of repute at 2.450" COAL or so at 3150fps. Have 'em both shorter and longer throated,none of which is a fhuqking show stopper. I prefer it to a High RPM 22-250 SALAMI,if only because I've got both. Hint.

A High RPM 22-250 SALAMI at like length(though I've got 'em longer too),will scoot the 75 ELD 3275fps(where my 21" 'Rock 1-7" is happiest). Their .467BC is real,in all of my spouts,which is "only" of superb wares greater than all here combined. Hint. I shoot the 80 ELD's too,just as I did the 80 'Max...but the increase in mass,costs enough speed,that the 75's shine brighter. I've less than ZERO faith in Burgers or Sugars,if only because I shoot 'em all. Re-hint. Anywhoo a modest length SALAMI High RPM 22-250 is assuredly no slouch and arranges alotta nice thangs,in a friendly parcel,that is forgiving. As far as "75 Splash"...EVERYONE is gunning them,from Vermin to Moose and nobody has swapped gears yet. To be fair,that in 223AI,22-250 SALAMI and 22-250AI...as mainstays. Hint.

Aforementioned 'Rock in foreground,23" 1-7.7" Krieger 22-250AI amidship and 24" 9" RPM Hart 22-250AI on the back fence in an M40A1 numbers matchin' handle. Google that 'un too. Laughing!

[Linked Image]

Now I reckon it is plum Fascinatin' for you "hard chargers" to reflect upon Uncle Daddy's Ping Pong Ball Launcher of yore and "all" of the "shooting" done with it,like it is a barometer of anything other than your incredible fhuqking STUPIDITY. Hint. Read that again. now one more time. Re-hint. Laughing! Ain't it a hoot,that them who "know" and "do" as "much" as you gals,fixate headstamps and gotta "read" about boolits?!? RE-Laughing! HINT.

From a sheer mechanical standpoint,I much prefer the 6 Kreedmire to the 243Win SALAMI or 243Win AI. Why? Because boolits matter wayyyyyyy more than headstamps DUMB Fhuqk. The 6 Kreed do to the 243,what the 243 do to the 6mm Rem. I realize that such simplistic mechanical constants reliably sail over pointy heads,but Estrogen do not change Facts or Physics. Hint. As an aside,there are no fhuqking 9,10 or 12" RPM 6 Kreedmire's. Hint. All Kreedmire's will shoot boolits of repute and are farrrrrrrrrrr better suited to nestling same,within their OEM mag confines. Google it. Hint. Though in fairness...I've only got 'em in 7" and 8" RPM. Re-hint. HOPEFULLY there is someone brazen enough to TRY and "talk" RPM,throat,COAL and dot connection...as they swoon their EPIC Goat Fhuqk obliviously. That'd be Two Dogs wortha' Dare. Hint. Laughing!

I tend to fling 108 ELD's in modest length Kreedmires at 3050fps and if folks wanna flog on things faster,that's their bidness. I'm at ease in letting 10 Mils on the windshield do it's thang. That's only the 1200yd line in this morning's atmosphere,from a 250yd zero. Slips transonic at 1425yds,which is fairly Skookum. 5 Mils of FV 10mph wind don't happen,until the 1900yd line,which don't suck. Nor does having 30+ Mils available on the erector. You gals best start Googlin',all over again and don't "forget" Alpha brass this time. Hint. Laughing!

Couple/few High RPM .243" bores extrapolated on a dusty Summer's afternoon.

[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

Kinda/sorta coming full circle,do I shoot a 6 Kreed'(essentially a SALAMI 6-250 AI),243Win SALAMI or 243Win AI as much as anything in .224" bore sizing? Nope. Nor does anyone else I know,or that you "know" either. Hint. I do just "happen" to shoot THE Dog Fhuqk outta High RPM 6BR(s) though,but still not yet equated to .224" round count volumes...but yet farrrrrrrrrrrr greater than it's longer .473" brethren,if only because I have 'em all. Yep. Do I shoot 6 Grendel Krunchentickers,more than 243Win SALAMI Krunchentickers? Yep. Do you gals "shoot' any of it? Nope. Hint. Laughing!

Re-circling,do I shoot 22-250 SALAMI,22-250AI,CHeetah or Swift as much as I do 223/223AI or 22 Grendel? Nope. It fhuqks with pointy heads,that a "lowly" 18" 5.56/Wylde/223(pick the nomenclature that swoons you) Krunchenticker,will stomp Uncle Daddy's Ping Pong Ball Launcher with a 24/26" spout. Hint. A 20" 8" RPM Rifle Gas 22 Grendel Krunchenticker,takes it to a whole 'nother Universe. Ask me how I fhuqking KNOW and am always alllllll too happy to grant Clueless kchunts the first poke,as they are trying to "show" me,after trying to "tell" me. Hint. Laughing!

1000 words...but forgive the 75ELD in the 22-250 SALAMI and 22-250AI. Hint.

[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

The only thing you gals "shoot" is your mouths and Imagination..."luckily" Imagination and Pretend are priced within your means. Laughing! Must be really fun,to haveta read about it all and Google your version of "knowledge","experience" and "results". LAUGHING!

P.S. and by the fhuqking way...I speak Fluent DBM too,so don't "forget" to give that a whirl too. Hint. Laughing!

[Linked Image]

Don't let the cat get your tongue,nor the couch your kchunt. Ooooopsie!...too fhuqking late! It's always fhuqking HILARIOUS,if/when you try to cite "particulars" and frost same with "your" pics. EXTRY Points awarded,for citing another's Ping Pong Bal in a Goat Fhuqk,as sweet "vindication" of your STUPIDITY. lHint.

Bless your hearts.

Laughing!............................

If there was a Guiness Book of Records for the least amount of knowledge crammed into one one person, you would win.

Originally Posted by RJY66

I was thinking the other day how much I used to hate Bill Clinton. He was freaking George Washington compared to what they are now.
CRS Offline
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker

If you like the 243, by all means get one.

I am on the other side though, why a 243, when my 22-250 will do anything I need it to do. Should be getting my LVSF back any day now with a 1:8 Rock barrel. Can not wait to get started on shooting this barrel out!

Arcus Venator
Page 2 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

565 members (222ND, 1eyedmule, 12344mag, 2003and2013, 10Glocks, 222Sako, 69 invisible), 2,551 guests, and 1,277 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,190,675
Posts18,456,176
Members73,909
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.