Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 13 of 14 1 2 11 12 13 14
G
Campfire Greenhorn
Campfire Greenhorn
G
I read about BHA,,,, They are trying to be active in the UP, and they have some good ideas, however I have not been very impressed by those I have met. I went to the Wis Deer Classic this spring and they had a booth. 3 young men, that all looked the part, but in talking to them, did not seem to be woodsmen, or know much about it.

The concept of BHA is to keep public land open, which I agree with, but they talk politics, and when I questioned them, on their stance on trapping, they acted like they were gut shot,,,,, I mean I got the feeling, they knew little about it, or even agreed with it. They also had little knowledge on bowhunting issues, that are pressing in some places.

If they want members in the UP, they better have guys or gals, that give out a better vibe,,,,, there was something about those guys, that just caused me pause, were they hunters or protectionist,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,, not saying I would not join, but I had doubt about the org

BP-B2

L
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
L
Originally Posted by bwinters
Originally Posted by Berettaman
Reading this was like watching a train wreck. Thanks for staying classy Smokepole, nicely done.

+1

And you're giving Jack a pass?

Yeah your guys got "class"

S
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
S
I don't think they're giving him a pass, quite the opposite.

A wise man is frequently humbled.

J
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
J
Originally Posted by smokepole
I don't think they're giving him a pass, quite the opposite.

Gah do you do anything besides personal attacks? The bha way..

Last edited by Jackson_Handy; 06/19/18.
S
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
S
Originally Posted by Jackson_Handy
asalamalakum!

Your best post yet. If you could keep them all at one word, that'd be awesome.

IC B2

B
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
B
Originally Posted by LeroyBeans
Originally Posted by bwinters
Reading this was like watching a train wreck. Thanks for staying classy Smokepole, nicely done.

+1

And you're giving Jack a pass?

Yeah your guys got "class"

Not sure if you are referring to my statement or not. I thanked Smokepole for staying classy. I purposely did NOT thank others for staying classy as they obviously had not. In fact, many of those replies are downright disgusting.

As for the 3 guys in MI, I hope that it is recognized that the whole organization may not be adequately represented by those 3. I don't trap, so I wouldn't be able to articulate anything well with regards to trapping other than I support it. And I am not sure of BHAs stance on trapping...it isnt BHATs! Doesnt mean they are a bad org because trapping isn't part of their platform.

What you do today is important, you are trading a day in the rest of your life for it.
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular

As for the 3 guys in MI, I hope that it is recognized that the whole organization may not be adequately represented by those 3. I don't trap, so I wouldn't be able to articulate anything well with regards to trapping other than I support it. And I am not sure of BHAs stance on trapping...it isnt BHATs! Doesnt mean they are a bad org because trapping isn't part of their platform.

Our local BHA chapter has on its board a fellow who has written articles and posted prolifically on local forums, against trapping or hunting of predators, especially wolves. Hard to imagine how someone so misinformed is placed in a position of leadership of a 'conservationist hunting' org.

Originally Posted by Llama_Bob
I've seen more well-shot game lost with TSXs than any other premium bullet.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Hard to imagine? Not really. There was a time when RMEF had fallen completely into the eco-camp, neutral on wolves as they munched their way through populations in Idaho, Montana and elsewhere. There was a house-cleaning.

Up hills slow,
Down hills fast
Tonnage first and
Safety last.
R
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
R
Originally Posted by Wrongside

Our local BHA chapter has on its board a fellow who has written articles and posted prolifically on local forums, against trapping or hunting of predators, especially wolves. Hard to imagine how someone so misinformed is placed in a position of leadership of a 'conservationist hunting' org.

I was interested too in BHA and spoke to members out in WA. All were against wolf and cat hunting, anti trapping and anti hound hunting. A few thought assault weapons should be banned. Did not walk away impressed.

S
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
S
Originally Posted by ribka

I was interested too in BHA and spoke to members out in WA. All were against wolf and cat hunting, anti trapping and anti hound hunting. A few thought assault weapons should be banned. Did not walk away impressed.

When BHA starts taking positions on things like assault weapons or predator hunting and comes down on the wrong side (in my opinion) I'll cancel my membership. Until then it doesn't make a whole lot of difference to me what any individual thinks.

IC B3

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by Dave_Skinner
Hard to imagine? Not really. There was a time when RMEF had fallen completely into the eco-camp, neutral on wolves as they munched their way through populations in Idaho, Montana and elsewhere. There was a house-cleaning.

Its just a phrase. I was trying to be charitable.

When BHA starts taking positions on things like assault weapons or predator hunting and comes down on the wrong side (in my opinion) I'll cancel my membership. Until then it doesn't make a whole lot of difference to me what any individual thinks.

I mean this respectfully, but... Even if the individual/individuals are board members?

S
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
S
I'll take it respectfully, and appreciate it that way. Which board members are anti "assault weapon" or anti predator hunting?

J
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
J
Originally Posted by ribka

I'm so shocked...oh wait, no I'm not. This seems to be the avg bha supporters beliefs....

P.s. get your tickets to the 2019 circle jerk in Boise, maybe Yvon will be footing the bill again...and posing as a friend to hunters. Hell maybe in '19 they suck Ted Turner's weenie for some money too.....

Bha is like a cheap hooker, they dont give a phuuck for nothing...

Last edited by Jackson_Handy; 07/02/18.
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
I'll take it respectfully, and appreciate it that way. Which board members are anti "assault weapon" or anti predator hunting?

For me this is about the local level issues and where the Alberta chapter BHA is coming down on issues that negatively affect me, my teenage sons- who are avid outdoorsmen, and my hunting friends. Instead of preserving and improving access to our public lands, we are loosing hunting access up here at an alarming rate. And we Albertans stand to pay an even heavier price if the agendas of some of these orgs- that BHA is collaborating with- get pushed thru.

I just realized that whole paragraph was rather off track from predator hunting/assault weapon banning. Haha. I'll PM you a name, you should be able to Google up some interesting reading Re; our BHA board member's anti-predator/wolf trapping/hunting position.

B
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
B
Does Alberta have large sections already leased off by outfitters and off limits to others? Some of which when they come up for sale, the anti-hunting organizations outbid even the outfitters, which essentially means those sections are shut down to all hunting.

I've read this has been an issue in other provinces.

Last edited by battue; 07/03/18.

laissez les bons temps rouler
T
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
T

S
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
S

For me this is about the local level issues and where the Alberta chapter BHA is coming down on issues that negatively affect me, my teenage sons- who are avid outdoorsmen, and my hunting friends. Instead of preserving and improving access to our public lands, we are loosing hunting access up here at an alarming rate. And we Albertans stand to pay an even heavier price if the agendas of some of these orgs- that BHA is collaborating with- get pushed thru.

I just realized that whole paragraph was rather off track from predator hunting/assault weapon banning. Haha. I'll PM you a name, you should be able to Google up some interesting reading Re; our BHA board member's anti-predator/wolf trapping/hunting position.

OK, I see that an advisor to the board of your local chapter thinks wolves shouldn't be hunted. That's a little different than "BHA Board Members for assault weapons bans and against predator hunting" don't you think?

I would be interested to hear where BHA (not an individual member) comes down on the wrong side of public access issues in your opinion.

S
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
S

What an idiot, this is a real gem: "Lee dismisses our national forests as “royal forests,” comparing the Forest Service to the British Royalty."

He has it exactly backwards. The best thing about public lands in North America, and our wildlife management on public lands is the "Democracy of Hunting," wherein an average guy who doesn't own large tracts of land can hunt species like elk, sheep, and bear that need wide open spaces.

P
prm Offline
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
P
Mike Lee needs to go away.

R
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
R
Tell Senator Mike Lee what’s on your mind. I googled ‘contact Senator Mike Lee ‘ and went straight to his contact page. I filled out the necessary blanks and then typed in my concerns about our public land. I hit send and it went through.
It’s as easy as that.
Later in the day BHA sent me a email with the information about Lee with links to my Senators in Indiana. I followed the prompts and I already have received email from one Senator thanking me for my concerns.
It’s as easy as that.
We need to get busy fellas ...

Page 13 of 14 1 2 11 12 13 14

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
YB23

Who's Online Now
675 members (10gaugemag, 10ring1, 12308300, 007FJ, 160user, 10Glocks, 77 invisible), 2,724 guests, and 1,316 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,187,639
Posts18,398,984
Members73,817
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.