Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 1 of 14 1 2 3 13 14
Diesel Offline OP
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
What can you tell me about BHA, their positions on AR's, age restrictions. mag capacities. Who are the originators of the org.

Google searches has them in poor light.

GB1

C
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
C
I belong to the B.C. chapter of BHA , so this is not on the table here. BHA's mandate is land use issues and very pro hunter- it is a hunting organization

K
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
K
You undoubtably found the "Green Decoys" which is not valid in my opinion. The one other issues, BHA has gotten some flack over is the "Quiet waters initiative" which did not pass and was an admitted mistake but was driven by the state organization.

I have been very involved in BHA. It is a very pro hunting / fishing and pro public land and pro habitat group. Take a look at their body of work as a whole which I think will put them in a very good light. They are very boots on the ground, local driven group.

Lightweight Tipi Tents and Hunting Tents https://seekoutside.com/tipis-and-hot-tents/
Backpacks for backpack hunting https://seekoutside.com/hunting-backpacks/
Hot Tent Systemshttps://seekoutside.com/hot-tent-combos/
Diesel Offline OP
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
Kevin, I am all for local involvement in preserving public and private land for the good of both hunter and non hunter alike, The people closest to the issue usually have the best insights. I have hunted a half dozen western states and would like to support access and preservation of our federal lands. The stuff out there about founders of BHA having close ties to groups that would restrict gun ownership of particular type and age restrictions concerns me in regards to the 2nd amendment.

Since you are very involved in BHA, can you tell me what BHA's position is on AR's? I cannot find any declared position online.

Thanks

L
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
L
I saw the BHA debate over on the campfire. After reading through it, and listening to the advocates (BuzzH and others) and the critics (Dave Skinner, Tarkio) it was a no brainer for me. I signed up.

Why would or should BHA have a position on ARs? I don't know their position on steel import tariffs either, and don't see that it matters.

Last edited by LeroyBeans; 03/09/18.
IC B2

K
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
K
Originally Posted by Diesel
Kevin, I am all for local involvement in preserving public and private land for the good of both hunter and non hunter alike, The people closest to the issue usually have the best insights. I have hunted a half dozen western states and would like to support access and preservation of our federal lands. The stuff out there about founders of BHA having close ties to groups that would restrict gun ownership of particular type and age restrictions concerns me in regards to the 2nd amendment.

Since you are very involved in BHA, can you tell me what BHA's position is on AR's? I cannot find any declared position online.

Thanks

You can ask them yourself via facebook or email. I don't see any public position, nor do I personally think it matters as they are not really a gun group .. they are an access and opportunity and fair chase group.

As for founders vs leaders those are different. I have met one of the founders a few years back and he will hunt with a trad bow every time he can .. that is all I really know.

Lightweight Tipi Tents and Hunting Tents https://seekoutside.com/tipis-and-hot-tents/
Backpacks for backpack hunting https://seekoutside.com/hunting-backpacks/
Hot Tent Systemshttps://seekoutside.com/hot-tent-combos/
T
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
T
Originally Posted by Kevin_T
Originally Posted by Diesel

Thanks

You can ask them yourself via facebook or email. I don't see any public position, nor do I personally think it matters as they are not really a gun group .. they are an access and opportunity and fair chase group.

As for founders vs leaders those are different. I have met one of the founders a few years back and he will hunt with a trad bow every time he can .. that is all I really know.

BHA is a group focused on the 2 biggest threats to hunting:
1.) Habitat Loss
2.) Hunter access

While gun rights are important to me, it is not the only core issue for which I cast my vote. That's every US citizens right and decision to make.

Stuck in airports, Terrorized
Sent to meetings, Hypnotized
Over-exposed, Commercialized
Handle me with Care...
-Traveling Wilbury's
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
if you want to support a group who advocates very effectively to protect and open lands to public hunting and angling, the BHA would be a very good choice

if you want a group that advocates for LBGT, steel tariffs, self driving cars, ARs or a myriad of other different topics, might want to look elsewhere

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
If you insist on political-purity, or have a stringent litmus test, BHA is not for you. If you're concerned about the heritage of our public lands, keeping and increasing them, BHA is for you.

“Perfection is Achieved Not When There Is Nothing More to Add, But When There Is Nothing Left to Take Away” Antoine de Saint-Exupery
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by TomM1

BHA is a group focused on the 2 biggest threats to hunting:
1.) Habitat Loss
2.) Hunter access

While gun rights are important to me, it is not the only core issue for which I cast my vote. That's every US citizens right and decision to make.

I've never heard of the BHA until now. Sounds like a worthy cause.

"For joy of knowing what may not be known we take the golden road to Samarkand."
James Elroy Flecker

IC B3

B
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
B
I am a Public Land Owner.

T
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
T
Originally Posted by BeanMan

+1 Wish I was at the Rendezvous, sounds like it would be a blast!

L
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
L
Our public lands represent the greatest accumulation of undistributed wealth in the world. I stole that from big fin.

mike r

Don't wish it were easier
Wish you were better

Stab them in the taint, you can't put a tourniquet on that.
Craig Douglas ECQC
S
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
S

Can I hunt the back 40? grin

A wise man is frequently humbled.

B
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
B
Originally Posted by smokepole

Sure! If you can get there on foot or by horseback go for it.

S
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
S

Sure! If you can get there on foot or by horseback go for it.

I have two horses, "righty" and "lefty." RIghty is in a cast right now, but he should be OK by hunting season.

T
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
T
I respect your decision to support bha, although I don’t understand it.

When I see an organization funded by groups who are antithetical to my core beliefs all the while advocating for one thing that I’m in favor of, color me jaded, but I do not trust nor can I support them.

The money and leadership of this organization screams “wolf in sheep’s clothing”. League of conservation voters right now is spending a ton of $ against our R congressman accusing him of attacking public lands and monuments. There’s zero truth to that, but I’d say it works because there are hunters out there who will blindly swallow that line of bullshlt hungrily without ever looking into it. League of conservation voters is s huge supporter of bha. To those who say, what does it matter...? The bha leadership uses this group and these actions as a tactic and their ultimate go al is more governmental control of most everything including who can use what public land, what you’ll be able to hunt with, the size of magazine etc.

Montana MOFO
T
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
T

Originally Posted by Kevin_T
You undoubtably found the "Green Decoys" which is not valid in my opinion. The one other issues, BHA has gotten some flack over is the "Quiet waters initiative" which did not pass and was an admitted mistake but was driven by the state organization.

I have been very involved in BHA. It is a very pro hunting / fishing and pro public land and pro habitat group. Take a look at their body of work as a whole which I think will put them in a very good light. They are very boots on the ground, local driven group.

Is be interested in knowing just what isn’t valid?

Montana MOFO
S
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
S
Who funds green decoys?

T
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
T
Who funds green decoys?

I had the same thought/question.

The site is put up by the Environmental Policy Alliance with the tased goes of uncovering the $ behind many environmental advocacy groups and efforts.

They are multi-faceted and have green decoys which covers bha, Montana wildlife federation, Montana forward, and the Izaak Walton league.

I still have not seen anyone explain what green decoys puts forward is not valid or not true.

Montana MOFO
Page 1 of 14 1 2 3 13 14

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

107 members (44mc, 1eyedmule, 35, 7887mm08, 7x57Hunter, 11 invisible), 1,285 guests, and 839 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,060
Posts18,463,264
Members73,923
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.