Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 3 of 3 1 2 3
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
I forgot all about this thread. I used the chair one a lot this fall, in elk camp, glassing and it works great in the camper shell on the truck, too.

[Linked Image]

GB1

Campfire Member
Campfire Member
After buying a chair one this fall, I purchased another for my wife. Then I bought the sunset chair too. It’s high back allows me to nap in it. Like mentioned before, it’s a little more bulky but fits me well. I like it.
I’m 5’10” and 160 lbs. fitment may vary with others.
Bought it from campsaver also.
Experticity is way cheaper but costs $50.00 to ship to my location.

Retired and loving it.
M
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
M
I'm still liking the Helinox ground chair. Real comfy for glassing.

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

D
djb Offline
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
D
Bringing this thread back up to the top. I have back issues and this got me to thinking about a more comfortable way to sit while hunting. I went to the local REI and tried a couple of these light weight chairs. I liked the Alite Mayfly for comfort and the lack of pointed legs to sink into soft ground. Well, my wife was taking notes so Santa brought me one for Christmas. I love this thing so far. Everyone has been sitting in it while playing cards or watching TV. It weighs ~1.5 lbs and folds down very small. I may need to get a second one to actually take outside now.

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B009UW31M...9WZP4MT&colid=X51K51Y79JWU&psc=1

The truth angers those whom it does not convince
S
Campfire Greenhorn
Campfire Greenhorn
S
Originally Posted by djb
Bringing this thread back up to the top. I have back issues and this got me to thinking about a more comfortable way to sit while hunting. I went to the local REI and tried a couple of these light weight chairs. I liked the Alite Mayfly for comfort and the lack of pointed legs to sink into soft ground. Well, my wife was taking notes so Santa brought me one for Christmas. I love this thing so far. Everyone has been sitting in it while playing cards or watching TV. It weighs ~1.5 lbs and folds down very small. I may need to get a second one to actually take outside now.

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B009UW31M...9WZP4MT&colid=X51K51Y79JWU&psc=1

+1 for the Alite Mayfly. My dad has a different brand backpacking chair (I can't remember which) and he is trying to talk me into letting him use the Mayfly for his next trip.

IC B2

R
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
R
+1 for the Helinox ground chair. It goes everywhere with me.

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
I just bought 2 of these Trekology chairs from Amazon for $50 each. They're a little taller than some and will hold 300 lb. I think they could actually hold that, unlike some I've seen. The $50 version includes what they call a sand cover which keeps it from sinking in soft stuff. You can get it without it for $40. It's a square mesh netlike thing that covers the ground under it. It only weighs a couple oz. The legs can extend 2" for a little extra height and to make it easier to get out of it.

[Linked Image]

A while back someone mentioned Thermarest's chair, the one with 3 plastic legs. I had a chance to sit in one. What a joke. You have to keep your legs under you to stay upright and roll out of it to you knees. The plastic legs are pretty poor.

“In a time of deceit telling the truth is a revolutionary act.”
― George Orwell

It's not over when you lose. It's over when you quit.
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
I got a chance today to try out that Trekology chair while fishing. It was quite comfortable for the 2.5 hrs we were there. The adjustable legs have a big advantage. The lake banks were steep so I shortened the back legs and lengthened the front ones. That keeps the chair much more level.

FWIW, the fishing was pretty slow. I only had 2 bites in 2.5 hrs. However, each bite produced a 19" trout. I blame the chair.

― George Orwell

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Although not as nice as several of the others listed, I've had great success with this one turkey hunting and also at the beach...

https://www.walmart.com/ip/Mossy-Oak-Turkey-Thugs-Turkey-Hunting-Chair/48745220

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by Rolltide
Although not as nice as several of the others listed, I've had great success with this one turkey hunting and also at the beach...

https://www.walmart.com/ip/Mossy-Oak-Turkey-Thugs-Turkey-Hunting-Chair/48745220
I have a couple like that. They're way too heavy for backpacking, but they're very comfortable. I've used them on llama pack trips but they're kind of bulky, too.

― George Orwell

IC B3

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Found them at Sam's Club For $19.99. Stays in my pack year round. Stout little chair. It's holding up fine under my 240 lbs.

[Linked Image]

iPhone 6 for size reference

[Linked Image]

K
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
K
https://www.walmart.com/ip/Outdoor-...door-Activities-Camping-Orange/825579271

I wonder about that chair? Good price if it doesn't suck.

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by Kaleb
https://www.walmart.com/ip/Outdoor-...door-Activities-Camping-Orange/825579271

I wonder about that chair? Good price if it doesn't suck.
The heading says a set of 4 but the description and photos look more like 1 chair.

'Outdoor Folding Chair Set Of 4 OUTAD Ultralight Heavy Duty Folding Chair For Outdoor Activities/Camping(Orange)'

― George Orwell

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
The way prices are dropping on all the new brands of these chairs, I wonder how many Helinox is selling at $100+

― George Orwell

K
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
K
Yea I just figured it was a mistake. I ordered some and will comment on them when they get here. For what it's worth I used the Helinox chairs for close to a week in September. Not that I'm a chair expert but I have used the one these will be compared to.

Campfire Regular
Online Content
Campfire Regular
Helinox and other chairs on sale here:

https://www.steepandcheap.com/camping-chairs

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by Rock Chuck
The way prices are dropping on all the new brands of these chairs, I wonder how many Helinox is selling at $100+

The Helinox has a couple things going for it vs the others listed

Time tested

Ultra light weight

Maker of the Frankenstud Sling Keeper
Page 3 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

146 members (257wthbylover, 300_savage, 2ndwind, 17CalFan, 257_X_50, 22 invisible), 1,869 guests, and 987 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,190,599
Posts18,454,506
Members73,908
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.