Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
R
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
R
Anyone know of any current good deals on stripped lowers? Even if not, I’d like to at least hear which kind you prefer for builds.

==================================================

I'm a proud member of the BGE cult ... yes, I consider myself an EGGHEAD
GB1

W
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
W
A local farm store has Anderson lowers on sale for $45. I picked up the last one they had this morning. It may not be top of the line but I know many who have used one as a base for a serviceable gun.

R
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
R
Originally Posted by woodmaster81
A local farm store has Anderson lowers on sale for $45. I picked up the last one they had this morning. It may not be top of the line but I know many who have used one as a base for a serviceable gun.

If I would see a deal like that locally, I’d be all over it! True story.

==================================================

I'm a proud member of the BGE cult ... yes, I consider myself an EGGHEAD
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
The Anderson lowers been selling for 75.00 at the local gun shows lately, would be a good idea to get a couple for future, around election time they go up in price, who knows what lies ahead for us...........

The only thing bad I could say about the Anderson lowers of the past, there finish would chip away easily, The latest ones I've seen look to have a better quality finish on them. Integrated trigger guard is a plus also.

hotrodusa.....N.R.A. Life Member
T
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
T
Cabelas sell them for $49. I've bought two there & they worked great.

https://www.cabelas.com/product/ANDERSON-STRIPPED-LOWER-RECIEVER/2387970.uts?slotId=0

Charter Member
Ancient order of the 1895 Winchester

"It's an insecure and petite man who demands all others like what he likes and dislike what he dislikes."
szihn

IC B2

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
I keep getting fliers from PSA for lowers @ 59.00. They even had a deal on a AR15 and AR10 stripped lowers with consecutive # for 129.00 I think.

Swifty
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Anderson lower's at Runnings in Moorhead selling for 48.95. They also have Omnimax lower's for 38.95. I have put many of both together and one is no better than the rest.

Relive your memories,take a kid hunting and fishing
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
any places with good deals on FDE coated lowers?

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Any advantage to more expensive lowers?
Thought the lowers were pretty much all the same

It�s a magazine not a clip......

Advice is seldom welcome, and those who need it the most, like it the least.�
- Lord Chesterfield. 1750
T
TWR Offline
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
T
Originally Posted by passport

A higher chance that the mags will drop free, pin holes will be in the right spots and at the right angles, built out of the right material, anodized the right way and threaded holes threaded all the way.

These are all common problems that pop up on forums. They are not all built by the same company with different roll marks. But if you get a bargain on one that's built right, it'll work just fine.

IC B3

R
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
R
TWR hits it on the head. And it can all depend on what you desire.

I"ve only seen one that wouldn't drop mags, an OLD SGW lower from Olympic. It was picky.

I've not seen pin holes in the wrong place. I have seen holes not threaded all the way, but that was the pistol grip IIRC and not a big deal unless you were monkeying with the factory trigger. and easy enough to tap on through since it was already started.

They aren't built by the same company, but IIRC its now still just a handful.

PSA was around 39 at one point, probably will go back to that eventually. I"ve seen the plastic ones at 19 at one point in the last 2 years or so.

Cheapest lower we bought many years ago is one of the best shooters I"ve ever seen, but then that just shows if it works, the lower has about zip to do with accuracy.

We can keep Larry Root and all his idiotic blabber and user names on here, but we can't get Ralph back..... Whiskey Tango Foxtrot, over....
B
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
B
Originally Posted by TWR

A higher chance that the mags will drop free, pin holes will be in the right spots and at the right angles, built out of the right material, anodized the right way and threaded holes threaded all the way.

These are all common problems that pop up on forums. They are not all built by the same company with different roll marks. But if you get a bargain on one that's built right, it'll work just fine.

Thanks for clarifying that. I guess it might also depend on whats stamped on the receiver as well. Some have a higher re-sale value. An example of this is GA Precision vs. DPMS. im spinning my wheels on which ar10 receiver to buy for a build. If they were all the same, id just buy the psa on sale and be done with it.

Originally Posted by raybass
I try to stick with the basics, they do so well. Nothing fancy mind you, just plain jane will get it done with style.
Originally Posted by Pharmseller
You want to see an animal drop right now? Shoot him in the ear hole.

BSA MAGA
A
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
A
Originally Posted by bsa1917hunter
Originally Posted by TWR

Thanks for clarifying that. I guess it might also depend on whats stamped on the receiver as well. Some have a higher re-sale value. An example of this is GA Precision vs. DPMS. im spinning my wheels on which ar10 receiver to buy for a build. If they were all the same, id just buy the psa on sale and be done with it.

Perhaps you are aware, but AR-10's are a whole different critter on the question of "does it matter who's I buy". There isn't just one standard for the AR-10.

You didn't use logic or reason to get into this opinion, I cannot use logic or reason to get you out of it.

You cannot over estimate the unimportance of nearly everything. John Maxwell
B
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
B
Yes sir, im aware. Since the op was not specific in lower types, maybe we can have a good ol discussuon on whats a good deal on an ar10 stripped lower.

Originally Posted by raybass
I try to stick with the basics, they do so well. Nothing fancy mind you, just plain jane will get it done with style.
Originally Posted by Pharmseller
You want to see an animal drop right now? Shoot him in the ear hole.

BSA MAGA
A
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
A
Originally Posted by bsa1917hunter
Yes sir, im aware. Since the op was not specific in lower types, maybe we can have a good ol discussuon on whats a good deal on an ar10 stripped lower.

Areo blem for $138.00

Might give them a call and see it it work for your build:

Aero M-5 lower Blems

You didn't use logic or reason to get into this opinion, I cannot use logic or reason to get you out of it.

You cannot over estimate the unimportance of nearly everything. John Maxwell
R
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
R
So far on PSA I've not had any issues. I'd sure risk the purchase of a lower to see.

Years ago I used to see lower parts kits with issues on the parts. I've yet to see a lower with issues but I have not bought a lower in quite some time. Still have 12 or so that need to be built up...

We can keep Larry Root and all his idiotic blabber and user names on here, but we can't get Ralph back..... Whiskey Tango Foxtrot, over....
T
TWR Offline
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
T
My best lower as far as fit to all my uppers, triggers that don't need tuning, mags that drop free and a good deep color is a cheap Charles Daly lower I bought before they went out of business. I've got one Noveske lower that no matter how good the trigger was in another gun, it would suck in this lower until it had a 1000 pulls on it or so. The pin holes must be out of line in the slightest way. It's the little things that can get to you...

Want trouble? Wait until the run has started on AR's and parts then buy the cheapest you can find.

If I was building or buying a new gun right now, I'd source a Colt 6720 or buy a Colt lower from Brownells. And I mean Colt, not the Expanse or contracted parts guns.

308 sized guns are a totally different animal and you better do your homework, then play the best odds.

R
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
R
upper to lower fit has very little to do with accuracy or reliability. Just tossing that out there. You and I both know that but some others may not.

Charles Daly had decent stuff, and not so decent at times.

Colt is the only lower I"ve ever had pin holes get large on me. USAMU fixed that in a way I'd have not let them do had I known what they were doing. I'd have waited and swaged it at home myself but had issues with that lower and the trigger in at at Nationals.

You are spot on if there is a run on parts... I should really suck it up and buy enough LPKs from PSA sans triggers to finish out what all I have... then worry about uppers later. Only time and money. Mostly money.

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

132 members (1_deuce, 257wthbylover, 300_savage, 5sdad, 2ndwind, 17 invisible), 1,758 guests, and 962 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,190,599
Posts18,454,511
Members73,908
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.