Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
C
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
C
Cabelas has some pretty good deals going on right now for some Keen hiking boots. How many of you have used Keen hiking boots for hunting or for hiking in general? How well did they hold up? Which ones did you use?

I'm looking for some new boots that I can use for both hiking and early season bow hunting.

BP-B2

B
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
B
I have had two pair of Keen hiking boots. Both pair had fabricate eyes and after about 50 miles of hiking the laces would cut through the eyes. If the ones you are looking at have non-fabricate eyes you might be all right. I never wore mine long enough to know if they were any good long term.

Writing from the gateway to the great BluMtns in southeastern Washington.

Just remember, "You are the trailer park and I am the tornado". Beth Dutton, Yellowstone.
S
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
S
The onliest ones I have tried are the Keen Targhee II. I bought a pair in '15 and wore them on a sheep hunt for two weeks. Since then, I wear them 3-4 times a week in the woods and around town. Probably the BEST pair of boots I have ever had. Just waiting on them to wear out so I can get some new ones, but they are stubborn. HIGHLY RECOMMENDED

"If there are no dogs in Heaven, then when I die, I want to go where they went"
Will Rogers
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
I had some low top hikers I used for daily wear and some light hiking. Fit very well and I really liked the wide toe box. I imagine their taller/beefier products should be pretty good as well. Based in my experience I would give them a try.

N
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
N
I've got the Targhee 2. The tread is very slick when wet and started coming apart with light use. I did like the fit of the Targhee 2 fit, though. I doubt that I'll ever buy a pair of Keens again.

IC B2

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
I had a few pair of the Pacific Crest Trails, great boot, very firm but a bit warm in summer. Keen dropped them from their line so I tried the Targhee’s. Used them on a week long backpack trip, to me they were too soft in the sole. Just my opinion, but I preferr a much stiffer boot underfoot.

There's 2 dates they carve on your tombstone.
Everyone knows what they mean.
What's more important is time that is known
as the little dash inbetween.

Razz
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
I have wide feet and have the voyagers and the Targhee both lows.
They are the most comfortable SHOE that I have ever worn. I have used the Voyager daily for short walks for over five years and have a back up voyager waiting it’s turn.
Keens aren’t the toughest of shoes/boots and the soles aesthetic tread design have multiple pieces that are separating from each other. I used Shoe-goo to patch them up a couple years ago and it’s still going after 16 miles through lava fields on the Big Island last summer.
I brought the backup but didn’t need them. I’ll keep buying them. The comfort is worth it.

Retired and loving it.
E
efw Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
E
Originally Posted by Sasha_and_Abby
The onliest ones I have tried are the Keen Targhee II. I bought a pair in '15 and wore them on a sheep hunt for two weeks. Since then, I wear them 3-4 times a week in the woods and around town. Probably the BEST pair of boots I have ever had. Just waiting on them to wear out so I can get some new ones, but they are stubborn. HIGHLY RECOMMENDED

Yeah I got these in ‘15 also and they’ve served me well didn’t expect they’d last anywhere near this long.

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
I have had a pair of Targhee III's for two years. I have done a lot of grouse hunting and hiking in them.
They fit my wide feet perfectly and are very comfortable. Their waterproofing isn't the best and they aren't the most durable but the fit and price is very good.
I will buy them again because of the fit and price.

Music washes away the dust of everyday life
Some people wait a lifetime to meet their favorite hunting and shooting buddy. Mine calls me dad
[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]
L
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
L
KEEN=POS. JUNK

LC

IC B3

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
YB23

Who's Online Now
120 members (16penny, 257_X_50, 338Rules, 444Matt, 32_20fan, 16 invisible), 1,802 guests, and 853 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,187,726
Posts18,400,684
Members73,822
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.