Print Thread
Hop To
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3
W
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
W
I am interested in one, and would like to hear from those that have one.

Looks like they are 8-twist now.

I think I heard something negative about the magazines on these (COAL?) or maybe the throating.

Please gtive me any feedback you can.

FÜCK Jeff_O!

MAGA
BP-B6

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Awesome rifle...except for the mag length. A chassis or an AICS-compatible bottom metal either inletted into the factory stock or dropped into an aftermarket stock cures that ill.

Here's mine with Atlas BM and Yodave trigger spring installed:

[Linked Image]

Added a Mountain Tactical bolt handle with Kampfeld Hunter knob:

[Linked Image]

Hammered in SAAMI guise, and continues to do so after I had it reamed out to .223AI. Shoots right around 0.5 MOA with every load I try, including FF loads, and better than that with some:

[Linked Image]

M
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
M
I could not get the one I had to shoot any better than into the .2s...

Boring rifle.

THE CHAIR IS AGAINST THE WALL.

The Tikka T3 in .308 Winchester is the Glock 19 of the rifle world.

The website is up and running!

www.lostriverammocompany.com

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Mountain Tactical has a billet magazine that is supposed to start shipping this month that will fix the COAL problem using the factory bottom metal.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by 28lx
Mountain Tactical has a billet magazine that is supposed to start shipping this month that will fix the COAL problem using the factory bottom metal.

On the flip side, AICS-style mags are a known quantity...

The AM and MDT poly mags are where it’s at.

IC B2

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by Jordan Smith

Do you have to carve on the stock to make that bottom metal work with those mags? I wished I'd gone chunk instead of SL on my 223.

B
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
B
Just ordered a S/S SL 223 and an extry mag. Will prolly poke a LRHS on it,just because schit like that,cracks me the fhuqk up.(grin)

Been a spell since I got to [bleep] them Teeka piece of fhuqking schit worthless 223 mags,but I'll sculpt a pair,if only to do it again and then will go AICS DBM with the real schit. 1913 rail a given and just mebbe some 'Horn rings.

Likely default to a 6x MQ in the saddle,astride 60MOA inclination(20 on the rail/40 on the rings).

Saving for paint and tape.

Laffin'!

L
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
L
Originally Posted by Boxer
Just ordered a S/S SL 223 and an extry mag. Will prolly poke a LRHS on it,just because schit like that,cracks me the fhuqk up.(grin)

Been a spell since I got to [bleep] them Teeka piece of fhuqking schit worthless 223 mags,but I'll sculpt a pair,if only to do it again and then will go AICS DBM with the real schit. 1913 rail a given and just mebbe some 'Horn rings.

Likely default to a 6x MQ in the saddle,astride 60MOA inclination(20 on the rail/40 on the rings).

Saving for paint and tape.

Laffin'!

April Fools?

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by 16bore

Do you have to carve on the stock to make that bottom metal work with those mags? I wished I'd gone chunk instead of SL on my 223.

Oh yeah. The Dremel is your friend. And do it outside. Makes a heck of a mess.

W
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
W
Thanks guys. Looks like I need one.

FÜCK Jeff_O!

MAGA
IC B3

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by Mackay_Sagebrush

Boring rifle.

I had one of the old T3 Varmints, before the T3X came out. Of all things, it shot 55gr UMC into one hole at 100 yards. One of the most accurate rifles I ever shot.

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular

I've got one of the Mountain Tactical mags preordered. I'd rather not have the length of an AI style Mag sticking out the bottom if the MT Mag will accomplish the mission.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Ten from my stainless 1-8" Tikka Super Light.

First one was the flyer.

[Linked Image]

Yeah, the stock mags suck.

Screw you! I'm voting for Trump again!

Ecc 10:2
The heart of the wise inclines to the right, but that of a fool to the 24HCF.
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
SL's are OK as long as you let the barrel cool.

[Linked Image]

K
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
K
Originally Posted by Higbean
Ten from my stainless 1-8" Tikka Super Light.

First one was the flyer.

[Linked Image]

Yeah, the stock mags suck.

What mags do you use now Hig?

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular

[Linked Image]

Fluke.

Originally Posted by Llama_Bob
I've seen more well-shot game lost with TSXs than any other premium bullet.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by Kaleb

I just run a stock mag, but mostly single feed as it's my 11 yo's squirrel rifle.

50 gr vmax don't fit in the mag if loaded to kiss lands.

Screw you! I'm voting for Trump again!

Ecc 10:2
The heart of the wise inclines to the right, but that of a fool to the 24HCF.
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by Wrongside

Fluke.

Just got a used one off CGN. Hope I get those flukes with mine. Gonna top it with a 3-9 Tasco.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
LOL, this coming from the guy who, while watching through the spotter while I shot groups of different bullets and primers said, "It doesn't matter what load you shoot, it hammers everything!" grin

D
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
D
There is a t3 varmint for sale locally in 22-250 that’s the only one I’ve seen for quite a while.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by Higbean
Originally Posted by Kaleb

I just run a stock mag, but mostly single feed as it's my 11 yo's squirrel rifle.

50 gr vmax don't fit in the mag if loaded to kiss lands.

Had to find my old notes, but I've got the magbox at 2.307 and 50 Vmax kissing at 2.273, 75 Amax kissing at 2.438. 50's feed fine from the box, 75's not a chance.

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by SuperCub

Fluke.

Just got a used one off CGN. Hope I get those flukes with mine. Gonna top it with a 3-9 Tasco.

I'm sure you will! They seem prone to 'flukes'... 😉

There was a LH version for sale there last week. It was tempting.

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
LOL, this coming from the guy who, while watching through the spotter while I shot groups of different bullets and primers said, "It doesn't matter what load you shoot, it hammers everything!" grin

Lots of 'flukes' on that target. 😉

P
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
P
I've been looking for one in .223 Rem, if anyone is looking to sell.

P

Obey lawful commands. Video interactions. Hold bad cops accountable. Problem solved.

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~

Member #547
Join date 3/09/2001
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter

Just buy one for a normal person and shoot it upside down.

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by SuperCub

Just buy one for a normal person and shoot it upside down.

You're always SO helpful...

😜

B
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
B
Went Glades handle/knob,Mountain Tactical 20MOA rail,Mountain Tactical trigger spring,Mountain Tactical AICS DBM,have a couple/few 5rd AM steel mags from RHR coming and one of them S/S 6x scopes I've been hearing about.

Will laugh at the OEM Teeker mags(ordered an extry),cajole 'em a smidge,then take a hammer to same and toss 'em off a fhuqking cliff...then cut to THE chase ala DBM.

Prolly should order a James 7" RPM SALAMI 223 spout,if only in the interest of R&D.

This schit is gonna be funny.

Film at 11:00.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
You finally caved.

D
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
D
Went Glades handle/knob,Mountain Tactical 20MOA rail,Mountain Tactical trigger spring,Mountain Tactical AICS DBM,have a couple/few 5rd AM steel mags from RHR coming and one of them S/S 6x scopes I've been hearing about.

Will laugh at the OEM Teeker mags(ordered an extry),cajole 'em a smidge,then take a hammer to same and toss 'em off a fhuqking cliff...then cut to THE chase ala DBM.

Prolly should order a James 7" RPM SALAMI 223 spout,if only in the interest of R&D.

This schit is gonna be funny.

Film at 11:00.

I've gotta echo 16bore's comment here. Seriously dude, you've given folks scheit for years on the Tikka platform (long-action receivers, blah, blah, blah). What brought you around learning about those that shoot Tikka shoot?

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
I've still got a bad hankering for a T3 6.5 CM @ 20"......

K
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
K
Got my stainless SL today. Like the gun a lot. Bumped my charge I use with 75's a smidge and loaded 68's. Shot one from the hip and emptied the mag. 4 mil low adjusted and ready to shoot whatever needs shot from the truck. I guess I'll shoot up bullets I don't use till the new billet mags ship. If I have to go dbm I will but I'd prefer this length mag if possible. I have no complaints with the quality of the oem mag but for the life of me don't understand why you'd give it a nice 8 twist then cok block it with a big spacer?

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
There isn't a factory loaded round I know of that won't fit in an OEM Tikka mag.

K
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
K
I can't think of a single factory round I had to use.....I understand where you're coming from but I loaded up 30 rounds out of chit I had on hand real quick. Something to be said for that too. One thing to have to order up stuff another thing to make ammo out of what's on hand.

I loaded that ammo in the time it would have took to drive to the store talk to the people I didn't want to talk to. Get opinions I don't want then find out they don't have what I wanted.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
80% return on 20% effort, however you wish to slice it.

K
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
K
Lol whatever. I could have spent more time driving to a store. If you like that sorta thing slice it that way.

B
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
B
'Bore,

In actuality,more than a few things matter and connecting dots...is how a platform bears fruit. Beings boolits matter more than headstamps,it remains funnier than fhuqk,that Teeker "logic" arranges a 30-06 length action,to hilariously feed from dismal AR-15 COAL mag constraints. Such things,do not bolster the mechanics of a chambering and just happens to muchly curtail opportunity. While I'd much rather sling an 18" 1-8" Krunchenticker at Long Range,than a 26" 1-14" Swift...it is a BITTER pill to slum an AR's COAL in an '06's belly,if only because it is just as fhuqking STUPID as it sounds(cheer up...I gun a Winny 70 K-Hornet too). The 75 ELD is for real and nothing shy of plum fhuqking AMAZING,on the worst of days. A SALAMI 223 with Lever' fuel,will squirt same at 2900fps easily,in 20" or more spout and that do not suck. Ping Pong Balls have no answer and my LRF don't charge me extry,for distances beyond the 15yd line.

It's always funny to fiddle fhuqk a Teeker,due the "esteem" folks who don't shoot,try to assign 'em and such things reliably crack me up. I've got more than one rifle.(grin)

Pass the Fieldcraft Kreedmire.

I'll prolly poke more than (5rds) in the new Grock too.

devnull,

It'll only come as a "surprise" to someone who "knows" and "does" as "much" as you,that I've shot more Teeker on "accident",than most Teeker Fan Boys who are actually enthralled with 'em. Hint.

It's more than worth the jingle,just for the fhuqking laughs and I rather enjoy both your sheer and utter fhuqking CLUELESSNESS,as well as that soothin' High Pitched Nasal Whine. Congratulations?!?

PLEASE "tell" me more. Laffin'!

Hint.

Just sayin'.

Kaleb,

You ask the Perpetual Teeker Query,on how/why they go wayyyyyyyyy outta their road,to PURPOSELY fhuqk up schit that is soooooooooo very fhuqking simple. It makes less than zero fhuqking sense.

I'm with you,in that there is nothing offered over the counter ammo wise,that interests me in a High RPM 223 boltgun. It is tooooo fhuqking easy to align twist,throat and COAL,with the best projectiles in a given diameter and simply connect ALL of the fhuqking dots. AM steel 5's and MDT poly 10's are Sweet Salvation and stalwart in their rugged reliability. The inherent COAL offered within same,in OEM guise is more than forgiving and if one wants/needs more,it is easily arranged to boot. Teeker soooooo arranged a Goat Fhuqk,by trying their proprietary schit mags,rather than an AICS footprint. I have a "hunch" that one can even whistle Factory Fodder through such an arrangement,if'n they had lost a bet of that size.(grin)

[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

REALITY is,not all .224" projectiles are the "same",nore even fhuqking CLOSE.(grin)

[Linked Image]

Never been to cypher,who shoots and who don't.

Hint.(grin)

The Vaporware Teeker Billets have been dangled for a goodly long while and I simply cut to the fhuqking chase,in order to keep the horse in front of the cart...in order to eek the VAST superiority of the literally Battle Proven AICS DBM mag footprint and all of the Mojo associated.

If there was something better,I'd simply be using it.

Hint.

Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
........ deleted

D
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
D

devnull,

It'll only come as a "surprise" to someone who "knows" and "does" as "much" as you,that I've shot more Teeker on "accident",than most Teeker Fan Boys who are actually enthralled with 'em. Hint.

It's more than worth the jingle,just for the fhuqking laughs and I rather enjoy both your sheer and utter fhuqking CLUELESSNESS,as well as that soothin' High Pitched Nasal Whine. Congratulations?!?

PLEASE "tell" me more. Laffin'!

Hint.

Just sayin'.

Funny, you were called out on statements YOU made in the past and feel it appropriate to deflect. Since you love to post pics of your multitude of wares, show us you shooting those "Teeker" pics you're so fond of posting. I don't recall seeing any in the past.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Remington, Kimber, or Ruger won't fit 75 Amax from OEM boxes either. Seems changing / modifying EOM boxes and BM is par for the course..

B
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
B
nullandvoid,

Your dumbfhuqktitude,is simply fhuqking MAGNIFICENT in it's grandeur. Congratulations?!?

I've never shot a Winchester,Ruger,Sako,Kimber,Weatherby,Mousers,Sprignfields,Krico,CZ,SMELLY's,Enfields,Nagants,Carcanos,Beezeerrs,Salvage,Colt,Browning,Schultz & Larsen,Steyr's,Vudoo,Anschutz,FN's or much of anything else either,if them Delusions are what it takes for you to Whine a bit louder,in regards to your incredibly WELL founded Insecurities. I'd never even heard of "Tikka",before this Thread. Laffin'!

I'll feign my GREAT "surprise",that you are riveted to my every word and Splendid Pixel,as you set upon your couchbound kchunt and type with trembling fingers and a drooling yap...you "lucky" kchunt.

Only "fair" to roll some footage for you,so you can say you've "seen" said wares. Laffin'!

Teeker RINK,For THE Dumbest Of Fhuqks

PLEASE "tell" me more....because you are really doing fhuqking "great".

Laffin'!

Wow +P++!

'Bore,

In fairness...I've never shot any of them wares you cited either. That whether in particular,or in general. Laffin'!

Barely shot a couple/few 223/223AI's today and only in OEM guise blind bottom,OEM guise hinged floorplates,Plug & Play,as well as mebbe a few DBM's.

Hint.

[Linked Image]

Real Rugers are a breeze,with either an OEM spacer slide or AICS footprint. That whether MK I's,true II's or Transitions. Hell,it was barely 15yrs ago,that I modded the first fhuqking POS Tikka 223 magazine and in fairness...they have surely not improved in the duration either. Typical Tikka,which never ain't not funny. I shoulda done a Thread on it. Ooopsie! Laffin'!

Plug & Play's were the first good solve on RAR's,but now a guy can both Chassis in AICS or simply opt AICS footprinted DBM's outright,which have no equal. The 223 throat geometry,of course trumpin' the 5.56 branded versions of same and S/S ALWAYS for the win.

[Linked Image]

As Ruger goes however,the S/S II's is the highwatermark,in a .378" boltface(for structural integrity...but RAR's get the inclination) and it seems like A S/S II wearing an MTU contoured spout in High RPM 223AI,sippin' from an AICS DBM magwell,just might connect a few dots?!? But this schit is all "new" to me.

[Linked Image]

Always nice to start,with ogives above case mouths and Teeker cain't even "do" that "much". Hint. Just sayin'.

Typical Tikka Fhuqk Show and nobody in da' bidness,botches schit worse. 75 'Max Smooch.

[Linked Image]

Tikka gets the SOLE "satisfaction",of offering a High RPM 223 on an '06 receiver,and feeding it with mag confines that are shorter than a Krunchenticker's. A 75 seated to Smooch and another at Teeker mag CONFINES,for THE Dumbest Of Fhuqks. Hint.

[Linked Image]

1000 more words. Hint.

[Linked Image]

It's never been difficult to cypher,who shoots...and who don't.

Them facts,never ain't not fhuqking hilarious!

Pardon my being afforded the luxury,of not bein' forced to guess.

Just sayin'.

Kiss,find pressure and rock on.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Ruger has the mag box figured out on the new RAR Ranch, but still botched the throat? Ain't nobody ever going to get it "right", outta the box....

Not that I'm looking for anything.

R
RJM Offline
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
R
Originally Posted by Mackay_Sagebrush

Boring rifle.

..so that is why you traded it to me!!!

Thanks friend.... grin

Bob

If you can not deal with reality, reality will deal with you....
D
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
D
If your still looking for a t3 varmint Scheels in Fargo has a used one.

P
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
P
Originally Posted by Dan700mn
If your still looking for a t3 varmint Scheels in Fargo has a used one.

Couldn't find it on the innanet

Obey lawful commands. Video interactions. Hold bad cops accountable. Problem solved.

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~

Member #547
Join date 3/09/2001
D
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
D
It’s sitting on the rifle rack
It is a t3x not the t3 (forgot to mention that)
but is the varmint model

D
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
D
What price did they have on it?

D
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
D
$850 if I remember correctly

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Schitfire, order one from Whittakers...

“There are some who can live without wild things and some who cannot.”
ALDO LEOPOLD
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter

“There are some who can live without wild things and some who cannot.”
ALDO LEOPOLD
T
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
T
[Linked Image]
Leupold Mark 4 6.5-20 x 50
Mark 4 Rings
Mountain Tactical Base

Last edited by tomt53; 05/21/18.

Browning X-Bolt .30-06
Leupold VX-3i 4.5-14x50 CDS

Tikka T3x Lite 308 win
Leupold VX-3i 4.5-14x50 CDS
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
YB23

Who's Online Now
139 members (10Glocks, 2UP, 300_savage, 257 mag, 160user, 35, 12 invisible), 1,825 guests, and 832 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,187,728
Posts18,400,778
Members73,822
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.