Page 1 of 2 1 2
B
Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
B
Receiver is back from color case.
[Linked Image]
This will be an octagon barrel 45-70 with peeps.

GB1

B
Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
B
Added photos

[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Nice!

1Minute
R
R
Nice times ten! That is on my bucket list with the exception of the caliber choice. Mine would be a 40/65 due to the fact that my 1885Win copy is beginning to not play nice the older I get. I think your project is wonderful and please post more pictures as you go.

Remember: Have your Democrats spayed or neutered.
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Sorry. But linked pics are broken. (No looky)

....and now they are gone.

Last edited by kellory; 12/27/17.

An unemployed Jester, is nobody's Fool.

the only real difference between a good tracker and a bad tracker, is observation. all the same data is present for both. The rest, is understanding what you're seeing.

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
IC B2

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by kellory
Sorry. But linked pics are broken. (No looky)

....and now they are gone.

And now they're back!. (And worth the wait. That should be quite interesting when done)

An unemployed Jester, is nobody's Fool.

the only real difference between a good tracker and a bad tracker, is observation. all the same data is present for both. The rest, is understanding what you're seeing.

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
B
Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
B
Thanks!

W
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
W
Sweet.

These premises insured by a Sheltie in Training ,--- and Cooey.o
"May the Good Lord take a likin' to you"
B
Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
B
Think I will get the fore end slimmed up.
[Linked Image]

A
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
A
It is beautiful, but I have to agree. That forend looks out of proportion.

Ed

"Not in an open forum, where truth has less value than opinions, where all opinions are equally welcome regardless of their origins, rationale, inanity, or truth, where opinions are neither of equal value nor decisive." Ken Howell

IC B3

S
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
S
Those beautiful case colors and outstanding wood are wasted with that clubby forearm and those atrocious sights. That front sight is bad enough on that rifle, but that rear receiver sight is an absolute abonimation.. A simple silver blade front and a traditional Remington Rough and Ready rear barrel sight would be right at home on this rifle. MVA makes a great Rough and Ready and it works great. I have one on one of my rollers.

M
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
M
Originally Posted by sharpsguy
Those beautiful case colors and outstanding wood are wasted with that clubby forearm and those atrocious sights. That front sight is bad enough on that rifle, but that rear receiver sight is an absolute abonimation.. A simple silver blade front and a traditional Remington Rough and Ready rear barrel sight would be right at home on this rifle. MVA makes a great Rough and Ready and it works great. I have one on one of my rollers.

Good review.

It's not that Liberals are unwilling to listen to another point of view, they are just simply amazed that another one exists.
B
Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
B

I agree with you on the fore end and it will be taken care of this spring. The sights were my choice as I didn't build it for anybody else.
Thanks for looking.
I will add that it is for a primitive buffalo hunt. The Vaver sights, front and rear, have screw in sight inserts of different IDs. It is much better for my 75 year old eyes.

Last edited by butchlambert1; 12/30/17.
B
Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
B
Rifle is at Dennis Earl Smith's shop, known as The Stock Doctor.. It will get a crescent buttplate and a much slimmed fore end with a schnable.

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Gorgeous rifle Butch.

Will look forward to more pictures. And a hunt report!

Owl Offline
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Bravo ! Very beautiful.

James Pepper: There's no law west of Dodge and no God west of the Pecos. Right, Mr. Chisum? John Chisum: Wrong, Mr. Pepper. Because no matter where people go, sooner or later there's the law. And sooner or later they find God's already been there.
J
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
J
Excellent, work. Beautiful rifle.

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana

I love sharpsguy smile

A good principle to guide me through life: “This is all I have come to expect, standard lackluster performance. Trust nothing, believe no one and realize it will only get worse…”
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by butchlambert1
[Linked Image]

Did you used to work for Georgia-Pacific?

B
Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
B
Originally Posted by fubarguy
Originally Posted by butchlambert1
[Linked Image]

Did you used to work for Georgia-Pacific?

No sir,I did work part time at Pollock Paper on a corrugated box press about 45years ago. Terrible job for a part time rookie.
I'm waiting on Dennis to get on the ball. He had the buttplate fitted and the slim down part done a couple months ago. I try never to bother my craftsman and the only contact with Dennis since January was the photos that he sent of the rough work.
Probably time for a call.

Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

136 members (44mc, 7887mm08, 007FJ, 7mm_Loco, 10gaugemag, 12 invisible), 1,453 guests, and 795 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,190,599
Posts18,454,574
Members73,908
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.