Hop To
Page 1 of 2 1 2
Campfire Kahuna
OP Online Content
Campfire Kahuna
About a week ago...

Her daddy had a set of brass balls.

RIP Dwana.

ADAMSVILLE – Dwana Pusser was in the museum honoring the legacy of her father, former McNairy County Sheriff and Adamsville Police Chief Buford Pusser, on Wednesday, for the last time. Dwana died Wednesday night.

The museum is in her childhood home, with her bedroom still the same as a girl growing up for visitors to see, preserved as it was in 1974 when her father died.

Current McNairy County Sheriff Guy Buck said foul play isn’t suspected in Pusser’s death, but her body, which was found in her home, was sent to Memphis Medical Center for an autopsy.

Shock and sadness gripped Mullis and Pusser family members in the museum Thursday morning.

“Dwana was a kind woman and compassionate, and she was passionate about doing what she could for law enforcement and her father’s legacy,” Mullis said.

Dwana, 57, was 16 years old when her father died in a one-car crash coming home from the fair in 1973. He’d built a reputation as a sheriff tough on crime and moonshine in McNairy County, without using a gun too often. The first "Walking Tall" movie about his life was made before his death. A pair of sequels were released in the years since.

“Because of that legacy he’d left, law enforcement was something that was really important to her,” Mullis said. “She traveled all over, talking with law enforcement agencies, talking about her father.

“And there were plenty of officers, even younger ones now, who told her they became law enforcement officers because they were inspired from watching the "Walking Tall" movies.”

Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla!
BP-B2

J
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
J
RIP

Ecc 10:2
The heart of the wise inclines to the right, but that of a fool to the left.

A Nation which leaves God behind is soon left behind.

"The Lord never asked anyone to be a tax collector, lowyer, or Redskins fan".

I Dindo Nuffin
S
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
S
If I rember right, something let go in the steering of his Vett on a bad curve, he was Know to drive fast. Yes RIP Dwana!

Deer Camp! about as good as it gets!
Campfire Outfitter
Online Happy
Campfire Outfitter
Pusser was a badazz mofo...RIP

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
RIP Lady.

George Orwell was a Prophet, not a novelist. Read 1984 and then look around you!

Old cat turd!

"Some men just need killing." ~ Clay Allison.

I am too old to fight but I can still pull a trigger. ~ Me

IC B2

B
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
B

Campfire Kahuna
OP Online Content
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by Bristoe

Looks like the Dixie Mafia still has a following.

Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla!
J
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
J

Years ago I read what was presented as a fact vs fiction about the original Walking Tall movie. One thing I recall was the severe beating Buford took early in the movie at a roadhouse in his home area did not happen where or when as the portrayed in the movie but actually happened in a rough and tumble type bar somewhere around the Chicago, IL - Gary, IN area where he was doing some regional wrestling as "Buford the Bull" well before the Walking Tall story began.

Campfire Kahuna
OP Online Content
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by joken2

Years ago I read what was presented as a fact vs fiction about the original Walking Tall movie. One thing I recall was the severe beating Buford took early in the movie at a roadhouse in his home area did not happen where or when as the portrayed in the movie but actually happened in a rough and tumble type bar somewhere around the Chicago, IL - Gary, IN area where he was doing some regional wrestling as "Buford the Bull" well before the Walking Tall story began.

Yeah, the movie was "Hollywood"...

But Buford Pusser was a technical advisor on the movie, and the movie did have quite a bit of fact to it... only you know how Hollywood has to screw up facts.

They still do.

Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla!
B
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
B
It's been said that during those times, the position of Sheriff of McNairy County paid more than the Governor.

IC B3

Campfire Savant
Online Content
Campfire Savant
Good movie!

S
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
S
Suicide is the 'rumor'.

If that stuff interests people, you should read 'The State line Mob' by W.R. Morris

https://www.amazon.com/State-Line-Mob-Murder-Intrigue/dp/1558538615

"Dear Lord, save me from Your followers"
S
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
S
Originally Posted by rockinbbar

Yeah, the movie was "Hollywood"...

But Buford Pusser was a technical advisor on the movie, and the movie did have quite a bit of fact to it... only you know how Hollywood has to screw up facts.

They still do.

There were a lot of holes in the movie, but it's Hollywood.

"Dear Lord, save me from Your followers"
J
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
J

Originally Posted by hanco
Good movie!

The original Walking Tall movie with Joe Don Baker as Buford Pusser was good but in my opinion the remakes weren't much.

Campfire Kahuna
OP Online Content
Campfire Kahuna

Originally Posted by hanco
Good movie!

The original Walking Tall movie with Joe Don Baker as Buford Pusser was good but in my opinion the remakes weren't much.

That's the one I was referring to. I've not even seen the one with The Rock.

Ironically, I just watched Walking Tall a couple nights ago.

Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla!
J
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
J

A company I worked for back in early '70s had a branch plant down there in the same area where Buford Pusser was sheriff. Our truck driver made regular overnight runs back and forth between plants two or three times a week. He told us from getting to know and be pretty good friends with some of the branch plant employees and some locals too who had been born and raised around there that not many cared much for him before he ever became Sheriff and even less after he did.

R
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
R
Originally Posted by rockinbbar
Her daddy had a set of brass balls.

Actually, I believe they were proof steel.

Throttle fixes everything. If it doesn't fix the problem, it’ll end the suspense.
C
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
C

A company I worked for back in early '70s had a branch plant down there in the same area where Buford Pusser was sheriff. Our truck driver made regular overnight runs back and forth between plants two or three times a week. He told us from getting to know and be pretty good friends with some of the branch plant employees and some locals too who had been born and raised around there that not many cared much for him before he ever became Sheriff and even less after he did.

My cousin was a Tennessee highway patrol assigned to McNairy county during the time Pusser was Sheriff. I try not to speak ill of the dead so I’ll just say that Joe did not care for Pusser AT ALL and said there was very little factual about the movies.

B
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
B
Interesting video about moonshining, Buford Pusser, and even golf.

Campfire Ranger
Online Happy
Campfire Ranger
Many wrestlers are outstanding self promoters.

Why not. Good way to make a buck and even get elected to public office.

“Life is life and fun is fun, but it's all so quiet when the goldfish die.”
Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
YB23

Who's Online Now
480 members (10gaugeman, 1Longbow, 160user, 300jimmy, 10ring1, 1lesfox, 45 invisible), 2,188 guests, and 1,006 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,187,596
Posts18,398,160
Members73,815
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.