24hourcampfire.com
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
Half way through March. The cabin fever has hit an epic pitch. My unofficial official harbinger of the start of spring has come. It's time to start working on the boat! The digging out of the old Sylvan will commence this weekend. If I stand on the top rung of my 6 ft. ladder I can all most see the boat behind the mountian of stuff that's accumulated around it throughout this long and dreary winter. Everything from a derelict washer, to several tree stands, some furniture, and several boxes of Christmas decorations waiting to be hoisted into overhead storage.

No major projects this spring. I'm doing a little work on the livewell, maybe cleaning up some wiring I've never liked since I bought the boat. 'Might mount a new depth finder I picked up last year, but it makes me feel like fishing's just around the corner. I'll actually do more work on my reels than anything else. The old Mitchells and Ambassadeurs will get a good cleaning and lube and they'll be ready for action once again.

Now if we can just get rid of the 3 feet if ice!

molɔ̀ːn labé skýla
GB2

M
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
M
The bass and crappie are in about 15' of water right now...at least here. Next week it's supposed to get up into the upper 70s and I suspect the first or second week in April is gonna be when the bite starts getting hot...I'm grateful winter's on its death bed for this year...

Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
Quite a bit of iced over water around here yet. We're still waiting on it to finally go away.

molɔ̀ːn labé skýla
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Been catching crappie here all winter. Luckily there haven't been more than a few days too cool to go out. Oh, did I mention I'm in Florida?

Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
Work starts in earnest on the boat today I have to go in to the office till noon, and then it's boat time. Gotta retrieve the batteries from the basement and make sure they're charged. Lots of little odds and ends to go over on the boat, but hopefully no big projects. This year's money will be spent replacing the rollers on the trailer. I just might re-wire the trailer while I've got the boat off it too. That work will be done in the parking lot at the boat ramp, as I've got to get the boat out of the way to do the rollers. Lots of ice here yet, but this nice weather will be taking care of that shortly. For those still going on the ice, be careful guys. The season is winding down quickly.

Last edited by gophergunner; 04/25/18.

molɔ̀ːn labé skýla
IC B2

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
YB23

Who's Online Now
98 members (16penny, 257_X_50, 338Rules, 444Matt, Akpilot, 13 invisible), 1,752 guests, and 753 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,187,727
Posts18,400,720
Members73,822
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.