Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
Has anyone ever done this or even heard of doing it?
The only reason I could think of doing it would be to make the jacket
harder. Or maybe to make part of the jacket harder.
I'm curious about this because it's something that kinda intrigues me.
Any input would be appreciated.

----------------------------------------
I'm a big fan of the courtesy flush.
GB1

A
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
A
There is a Kiwi bloke who publishes through his website ballisticstudies dot com who advocates annealing Hornady bullets with a candle.

I don't profess to be be an expert but I doubt a candle generates sufficient heat to materially affect lead, or gilding metal properties. It is possible/probable that he is boiling off the lubricant used between lead and jacket during manufacture.

Last edited by Adamjp; 03/16/18.
T
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
T
Why dont you just use the correct bullets to begin with?

T
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
T
It sounds like something one would do to win the coveted " King of the Time Wasting Morons-Reloading Division" title.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by BrotherBart
Has anyone ever done this or even heard of doing it? The only reason I could think of doing it would be to make the jacketharder. Or maybe to make part of the jacket harder.I'm curious about this because it's something that kinda intrigues me.Any input would be appreciated.

Other way around, to make the nose softer for expansion. Several threads on Long Range Hunting about it.

IC B2

Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by Tom264
Why dont you just use the correct bullets to begin with?

Why don't you go fuuckk yourself dickhead and let the men talk.
Better yet,why don't you keep your word (like an honorable man would) and leave here like you said you would.
Now piss off you pathetic thief.

T
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
T
Oh boy.
I was being nice about my post.

But since you can’t or won’t let it go you fat lazy drunk
I’m going to ask you again for the 3rd time.

POST UP WHERE I STOLE ANYTHING!!!!!!!

I want to see the thread about it.

What I find surprising you fat lazy cross eyed drunk is that you posted something on custom rifles section rather than your usual estrogen filled area of the “hunters campfire” which btw should be renamed....

Post it up fatty.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Annealing is the process of using heat and cooling to soften a metal.

If your goal is to harden the jacket, then you'll need to work harden it. I think that could be done in a fair straightforward manner by putting your bullets and steel ball bearings in a rotary tumbler and letting the bearings work harden the jacket.

Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by 458 Lott
Annealing is the process of using heat and cooling to soften a metal.

If your goal is to harden the jacket, then you'll need to work harden it. I think that could be done in a fair straightforward manner by putting your bullets and steel ball bearings in a rotary tumbler and letting the bearings work harden the jacket.

I know that annealing relieves stresses. I was just intrigued by the fact that someone would anneal bullets.
I shoot a bunch of bullets in a bunch of different calibers and choices. Don't punch paper with TSX's unless it's to verify zero.

Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
Oh boy.
I was being nice about my post.

But since you can’t or won’t let it go you fat lazy drunk
I’m going to ask you again for the 3rd time.

POST UP WHERE I STOLE ANYTHING!!!!!!!

I want to see the thread about it.

What I find surprising you fat lazy cross eyed drunk is that you posted something on custom rifles section rather than your usual estrogen filled area of the “hunters campfire” which btw should be renamed....

Post it up fatty.

Stop stalking me you creep.
Lot's of folks here know exactly what you did and what a turd you really are.
Go beg somewhere else.

IC B3

T
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
T
I ain’t stalking you you fat slob, I gave an honest civil answer to your question.
You went all crazy on me in your response.

I’m gonna ask you for the 4TH TIME......post it up or shut up.

Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
You begged for a 243 rifle that the Campfire was giving to a kid that needed a rifle. You begged..
That rifle isn't even legal to hunt with in Indiana but you didn't care. You still begged for it from
some great folks here that you took advantage of...
It'll never happen again because you were exposed as the POS that you are. Try getting anymore
charity from the Campfire. It'll never happen again. I have PM's about what went on and you humiliated
some very good folks here that were trying to do good for kids that actually deserved that rifle.
You actually taunted me about how much you enjoy that rifle. THAT YOU BEGGED FOR!!!
You are one of the biggest pieces of human debris that I've ever had the unlucky chance to deal with here.
There's something wrong with you. You don't know me. You don't know how much or, if I drink. You don't know
how much I weigh. All you do is insult me with those childish thoughts. I gave you my address,you know exactly
where I live and you haven't the balls to come and see me,man to whatever you are(because you are not a man),
so I can end this idiocy that you started.
Why don't you do what you said you were going to do and leave here forever?
And if you want, I'll even consider buying you a plane ticket to Dallas because we all know that you can't afford
to get here because you are broke. Why don't you sell that rifle? That might get you gas money to get here...
If you haven't pawned it already. But we both know you won't do anything because you are a little man that isn't quite,a man.

Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
I'd like to apologize to everyone here that took time to post your thoughts and were helpful
on this subject. Tom264 has been stalking me for a long time and I'm fed up with him.
I truly appreciate y'alls input. There's a wonderful knowledge base here and it's a pleasure to
be able to tap into it. Thanks abunch gang,I appreciate y'alls help.

T
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
T
Ok Bart.
I NEVER begged for that rifle.
It was a Christmas gift to be given to a DESERVING child. Never said poor or anything like that.
It said deserving,I threw my daughters name in the hat and low and behold her name was drawn.
SHE got the .243 not me, she still has it, it is the pink muddy girl.
I’ve got plenty of my own, as for pm’s of me begging that’s a lie and you know it.
And for the record it is too LEGAL to use it in Indiana for deer!
You still have them pm’s go ahead and post them up because you have a history of doing that.
As far as you being a fat lazy drunk, all one has to do is read your posts and look at your pics, every pic I ever saw of you you were FAT you giant belly hung outside your shirt over your pants and you always had a beer in your hand.
You NEVER gave me your address because I’ve had you on ignore for over 5yrs or so and you could never pm me, and you never put it on public threads.
Now why would I want to go to Dallas? Is there a gay convention your attending?

Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
Again,you are a liar. Everyone is tired of this and I'm tired of you stalking me.
I live at 1200 Main St. Dallas Tx. Ask the concierge for Bart. Everyone at the desk
knows who I am because I treat them very well.
You are a pathetic fool and I feel real pity for your children because they have such
a POS for a sperm donor. You definitely don't qualify as a father. Scott has been right
about you for years. That's why you stalk him too. Azerbaijan in your location proves that
he's living rent free in your little brain pan. Now leave me alone unless you decide to show
up here. But we all know you are a nutless wonder that is all talk.

T
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
T
Prove me a liar....
Me stalking you? That’s a laugh...all in your head there buddy....cause apparently I’m living rent free in your head. Lol
Me a nutless wonder? Your funny there mr. tough guy...you can’t back anything you say on here, I’ve asked you several times post up the pm’s or thread, all I get back is ......... NOTHING.
you truly are a nut case.

Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
Prove me a liar....
Me stalking you? That’s a laugh...all in your head there buddy....cause apparently I’m living rent free in your head. Lol
Me a nutless wonder? Your funny there mr. tough guy...you can’t back anything you say on here, I’ve asked you several times post up the pm’s or thread, all I get back is ......... NOTHING.
you truly are a nut case.

You are a piece of shhiitt. And you are too stupid to figger out that abunch of folks here see that.
I've been to so many Campfire get-together's and you hide behind your computer screen. Your long lost friend from Northern Minnesota doesn't even have anything to do with you anymore.
You're a broke beggar that probably steals broadband from your neighbors.
Now piss off little boy. You're PATHETIC!!!

T
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
T
Bart, when are you gonna learn?
If YOU accuse someone of something you must have proof to back up your claims and yet after asking you 5 times you have yet to offer any proof.
You accuse me of lying......no proof!
You accuse me of stealing (called me a thief) ....no proof
You make claims of having pm’s about me begging for a rifle....again, no proof.
You are really looking pretty stupid......
Oh yeah.......your a fat lazy drunk.....
Want proof?
⬇️
[Linked Image]

Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
I heard you can't buy any guns legally because of a domestic violence charge that you have on your record.

F
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
F
https://www.ballisticstudies.com/.

Bullet annealing research is on this link.

Last edited by fredIII; 03/22/18.
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

568 members (1lessdog, 10gaugemag, 007FJ, 1lesfox, 160user, 1Longbow, 53 invisible), 2,627 guests, and 1,231 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,362
Posts18,469,005
Members73,931
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.