This is kind of crazy...

GB1

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Without watching....

Looks like a crossbow hero

Campfire Savant
Campfire Savant
Damn sad!! I hate to see a wounded animal.

A
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
A
Looks like someone was focused on the antlers when they took a poor shot. Our rifle season is after bow season and I’ve seen several deer with an arrow sticking out of their haunches. Sad to see an animal suffer....I’d much prefer democrats suffer rather than animals.

�Politicians are the lowest form of life on earth. Liberal Democrats are the lowest form of politician.� �General George S. Patton, Jr.

---------------------------------------------------------
~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
R
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
R
Yet we'lll blame the bows all day long on this, never mind how many are shot and wounded with guns... but you can't see the "bullet" in them or through them.

We seemingly will never be able to be on the same page anymore

We can keep Larry Root and all his idiotic blabber and user names on here, but we can't get Ralph back..... Whiskey Tango Foxtrot, over....
IC B2

A
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
A
Originally Posted by rost495
Yet we'lll blame the bows all day long on this, never mind how many are shot and wounded with guns... but you can't see the "bullet" in them or through them.

I don’t think that is the issue and haven’t seen anyone “blame the bows”, what you can see in the previous posts is that myself and others hate to see a wounded animal irregardless of what caused the wound. A bad shot is a bad shot and a wounded animal is a wounded animal.

�Politicians are the lowest form of life on earth. Liberal Democrats are the lowest form of politician.� �General George S. Patton, Jr.

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
J
Campfire Oracle
Online Content
Campfire Oracle
J
Thats about as bad as seeing a deer without a nose or lower jaw caused by a "head" shooter.

Theres a good chance the buck above was shot by a jack light poacher trying to be quite about his business and wanting the deer down right there.

Unreal.

Last edited by jaguartx; 03/17/18.

Ecc 10:2
The heart of the wise inclines to the right, but that of a fool to the left.

A Nation which leaves God behind is soon left behind.

"The Lord never asked anyone to be a tax collector, lowyer, or Redskins fan".

I Dindo Nuffin
J
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
J
I saw a big doe a few weeks ago that appeared to have been shot a bit high and a bit far back with a rifle. I was looking her over with binoculars and she had a big hunk out of her there that appeared to be healing. Her ribs were showing but otherwise she appeared to be doing well and getting around fine with another doe. We all looked at each other for a bit before they flagged off. If I hadn’t had the binocs, I would have never known anything was wrong with her. I expect that she will be fine.

Last edited by JoeBob; 03/17/18.
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
Whenever I have dug into a deer's innards, the small voice in the back of my head wonders about old broadheads that may lurk within.

Not a real member - just an ordinary guy who appreciates being able to hang around and say something once in awhile.

Happily Trapped In the Past (Thanks, Joe)

Not only a less than minimally educated person, but stupid and out of touch as well.
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
If these were in a relatively small area, then it's a bit strange.

1Minute
IC B3

E
edk Offline
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
E
I ve seen thru as couple deer that were hit poorly with a rifle. I have not seen or encountered any with arrows in them. One doe had a 2 inch hole below the spine and above the lungs but she was still motivating. Ed k

R
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
R
Originally Posted by AcesNeights
Originally Posted by rost495

I don’t think that is the issue and haven’t seen anyone “blame the bows”, what you can see in the previous posts is that myself and others hate to see a wounded animal irregardless of what caused the wound. A bad shot is a bad shot and a wounded animal is a wounded animal.

I've seen it plenty around here on the fire. Archery haters.

I"m with you though, I totally hate to see ANY wound. But we tend to pile in on head shooters and archers for some reason. Truth be told plenty are wounded in other ways and or lost.

All of its a shame.

Which should all remind us a passed shot even on the trophy of a lifetime, is much better than a boogered up shot.

We can keep Larry Root and all his idiotic blabber and user names on here, but we can't get Ralph back..... Whiskey Tango Foxtrot, over....
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Years ago before the rifle season I was scouting for deer and came across a small group of deer and in that group was a small buck with an arrow through his neck, look like that old Steve Martin act where he had an arrow through his head.

I had my rifle with me and my first thought was to put him out of his misery, but after watching him for a bit he didn't seem miserable at all , he seemed to be going on as nothing was wrong.

It would have been illegal for me to drop him and considering his condition I let him go.

Originally Posted by Judman
PS, if you think Trump is “good” you’re way stupider than I thought! Haha

Sorry, trump is a no tax payin pile of shiit.
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
I don't have a beef with bow hunters but they kinda have a beef with me because I won't let them hunt my land until after rifle season. My beef with is with fish and game for giving bow hunters such a big advantage. Let the bow guys hunt with the rest of us and just have one deer season regardless of weapon.

Last edited by 257wby; 03/17/18.

"I call that bold talk for a one-eyed fat man." --Robert Duvall.
"Fill your hand, you son-of-a-bitch!" --John Wayne.
~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
A
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
A
Rost, I think most of the contention up here is not what a particular group uses but rather....when? Up here it generally centers on the prime times and the allocation of a particular resource, equitable distribution. I’m sure that every region has its own unique issues and gripes and it’s always interesting for me to hear about them. You and I are in complete agreement about wounding. There’s a lot of lazy hunters that are poor shots and the tool they use is immaterial. I don’t think that the animal cares what shot it. In any case and as usual I find myself in agreement with you and hope all is well in your area.....I hope your call volume decreases and above all I hope you stay safe out there. 👍

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by 257wby
My beef with is with fish and game for giving bow hunters such a big advantage. Let the bow guys hunt with the rest of us and just have one deer season regardless of weapon.

I have the same beef as well.

There is no way to coexist no matter how many bumper stickers there are on Subaru bumpers!

N
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
N
That's "A WILD AND CRAZY DEER"!!!

[Linked Image]

Biden's most truthful quote ever came during his first press conference, 03/25/21.
Drum roll please...... "I don't know, to be clear." and THAT is one promise he's kept!!!
G
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
G
Originally Posted by Hawk_Driver
Originally Posted by 257wby
My beef with is with fish and game for giving bow hunters such a big advantage. Let the bow guys hunt with the rest of us and just have one deer season regardless of weapon.

I have the same beef as well.

Then pick up a bow and hunt.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
That is a crossbow bolt.

"Shoot low sheriff, I think he's riding a shetland!" B. Wills

A
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
A
So many unethical hunters out there. Gives the rest of us a bad name. Shame on the unethical!!!!

Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

641 members (1badf350, 12344mag, 06hunter59, 10gaugemag, 1beaver_shooter, 10gaugeman, 73 invisible), 2,525 guests, and 1,283 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,190,686
Posts18,456,386
Members73,909
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.