Print Thread
Hop To
Page 3 of 5 1 2 3 4 5
Campfire Kahuna
Online Content
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by RJY66
Originally Posted by Jericho
And how many people did the Egyptians enslave to build the pyramids?

None. Egyptians were black, and as James said, in those days were using anti-gravity technology to move those big ass rocks to make their pyramids. No slaves were needed and besides slavery is racist and black people can't be racist. The story of Moses and the Exodus of the Hebrews from Egypt is of course a myth made up by white people.

I know this because I read it on a pamphlet some black fella in a suit and bow tie handed me at an intersection a few years ago while I was waiting on a red light.

Saying the Egyptians were black, white, or any other color is saying more than the best experts know. They've been debating and testing it for centuries and they still don't know. Of course the blacks want them to be black but wanting it and making it so aren't in the cards.
Egypt is the crossroads of black and white lands so quite possibly they were of mixed race...my theory and totally unproven.

“In a time of deceit telling the truth is a revolutionary act.”
― George Orwell

It's not over when you lose. It's over when you quit.
GB1

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
I believe that there were many different subsets of the human race that had differences that were designed as such rather than divergent, evolutionary, off-shoots of a single model.

Not a real member - just an ordinary guy who appreciates being able to hang around and say something once in awhile.

Happily Trapped In the Past (Thanks, Joe)

Not only a less than minimally educated person, but stupid and out of touch as well.
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by SamOlson
Slavery...worst idea of all time.

No Sam, slavery was the 2nd worst. Not following the mohammedans example and making them unichs was the worst.

The Portuguese were the primary transporters for slaves. They were heavily involved in all aspects of the trade. There is open market slave trade in Libya as we speak. Must be the white mans fault.

Be Polite , Be Professional , but have a plan to kill everybody you meet
-General James Mattis United States Marine Corps

Nothing is darker than a mau mau's moo moo.
Campfire Kahuna
Online Content
Campfire Kahuna
For generations, people have been trying to say that the Bible condones slavery. It doesn't. It treats it as a way of life until Jesus puts the argument to bed.. In the end, Jesus dealt with it in 1 very important statement: "Do to others as you would have them do to you." If you don't want to be treated like a slave, don't treat others like one.

― George Orwell

B
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
B
Originally Posted by Rock Chuck

None. Egyptians were black, and as James said, in those days were using anti-gravity technology to move those big ass rocks to make their pyramids. No slaves were needed and besides slavery is racist and black people can't be racist. The story of Moses and the Exodus of the Hebrews from Egypt is of course a myth made up by white people.

I know this because I read it on a pamphlet some black fella in a suit and bow tie handed me at an intersection a few years ago while I was waiting on a red light.

Saying the Egyptians were black, white, or any other color is saying more than the best experts know. They've been debating and testing it for centuries and they still don't know. Of course the blacks want them to be black but wanting it and making it so aren't in the cards.
Egypt is the crossroads of black and white lands so quite possibly they were of mixed race...my theory and totally unproven.

There were lots of pictures painted of the ancient Egyptians. Undoubtedly they varied in appearance, but the people in most of the pictures have reddish-brown skin. I used to live in Egypt and I saw people there who looked just like those in the ancient paintings. That suggests those ancient paintings were fairly representative.

IC B2

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
For generations, people have been trying to say that the Bible condones slavery. It doesn't. It treats it as a way of life until Jesus puts the argument to bed.. In the end, Jesus dealt with it in 1 very important statement: "Do to others as you would have them do to you." If you don't want to be treated like a slave, don't treat others like one.

Not wishing to argue or squabble, but how does that square with things like war and crime and punishment?

Not a real member - just an ordinary guy who appreciates being able to hang around and say something once in awhile.

Not only a less than minimally educated person, but stupid and out of touch as well.
Campfire Kahuna
Online Content
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by 5sdad

Not wishing to argue or squabble, but how does that square with things like war and crime and punishment?
The Bible doesn't say you shall not kill. That's a translation problem. In the original Hebrew it says you shall not murder. It allows for war and punishment.

― George Orwell

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Chuck, I really am not trying to be obstinate or argumentative, but should we not punish if we don't want to be punished ourselves?

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
The first legal slave owner in America was a black man.

Don't ask me about my military service or heroic acts...most of it is untrue.

Pronoun: Yes, SIR !
S
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
S
Yes, Brazil got 10 times as many slaves as America.
And, they ended the institution in 1873 without a Civil War. Just figured it was unworkable and went on their way.
So, slavery was going to end in a few decades in America even without a Civil War.

My ancestors in Ireland and England, the Celts, were captured by Romans and taken back to Rome as slaves, many thousands of them.

The first black slaves were brought to America around 1650 to work rice paddies around Charleston. Didn't live long, malaria and yellow fever.
The slaves on cotton plantations in 1830 usually had it pretty good, for slaves. But if they were a problem, they were "sold down the river" to work the sugar cane fields near New Orleans. Life expectancy there was 3 years.

I love these genius entrepeneurs in 1800, "Why pay Irish or Scottish laborers to pick cotton, when we can bring African slaves over, they will work for free. What could possibly go wrong?"
What a disaster for our country African slavery has been, the result has been a ball and chain around the ankle of the American giant, a ball and chain that we will never free ourselves from.

Hell, at the start of the war Lincoln declared that free slaves could never live alongside whites and he shipped thousands of 'em back to Africa, to Liberia. Good start Abe I wish you had finished your work.

IC B3

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by AcesNeights
Sometimes I feel like a sex slave...

I'm not sure I'd come here with that for confession........ and certainly not sympathy! laugh

Sometimes, the air you 'let in'matters less than the air you 'let out'.
J
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
J
Slavery in the US was relatively benign compared to most slavery practiced elsewhere. It was up until that time the only place in the history of the world where the slave birth rate surpassed the death rate. Slaves increased greatly in population even after the slave trade was ended in 1808. As has been noted in this thread, that is in marked and stark contrast to slavery elsewhere in our hemisphere where slaves literally died in droves.

Last edited by JoeBob; 03/18/18.
J
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
J
White Irish slaves built the dykes in New Orleans. Black slaves who were worked too hard complained they were being treated as the Irish.

Slavers at one time traveled the countryside in the UK kidnapping kids to sell as slaves. Their treatment and survival rate on slave ships was worse than the slaves from Africa. Most kids did not survive the trip.

Barbary Coast moslem pirates ranged the western coast of Africa and north to western Europe raiding and pillaging and taking slaves long before the slave trade to the Americas from Africa.

Ecc 10:2
The heart of the wise inclines to the right, but that of a fool to the left.

A Nation which leaves God behind is soon left behind.

"The Lord never asked anyone to be a tax collector, lowyer, or Redskins fan".

I Dindo Nuffin
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
If everyone was armed the slave trade would not be nearly so prosperous or prolific. It seems common that those on the left think planet earth is civilized. Delusional thinking in all regards.

I am..........disturbed.

Concerning the difference between man and the jackass: some observers hold that there isn't any. But this wrongs the jackass. -Twain

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger

DNA can reveal skin color

D
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
D
Another interesting figure would be the percent of those captured and sent into slavery by their own race.

It was a tribal thing, capture and sell your enemies. Arabs were the brokers, dealt with Dutch and Portugese sailors.

There were more black slave OWNERS, yes, I wrote that correctly, in Louisiana than any other state. Early Spanish and French settlers often had black concubines, produced half blood offspring who inherited large plantations. One was considered black with only a small percentage of African blood, half and quarter easily made the cut. There's a population of these folks still here, many with considerable land holdings, a number are professionals; teachers, professors, lawyers, judges, physicians, surgeons, etc... Spanish and French surnames are very common.

That's not P.C., may not fit the narrative, but it's history.

DF

Campfire Kahuna
Online Content
Campfire Kahuna
Chuck, I really am not trying to be obstinate or argumentative, but should we not punish if we don't want to be punished ourselves?
Forgiveness doesn't remove accountability.

― George Orwell

Campfire Kahuna
Online Content
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by 700LH

DNA can reveal skin color
Here's a good article from the Smithsonian about ancient DNA testing. It's only been in the last couple years that they've been able to test without contamination. This was written about a year ago so it doesn't say what's happened since then. Hair can only reveal mitocondial DNA unless the root is present and intact. This says they're getting better results from teeth and bones. SMITHSONIAN

I did a search on 'ancient egypt DNA' and got a real mixture of answers, enough to know that much of the testing has been wrong. There are arguments all over the place on race and I suspect that much of it is just trying to prove someone's hypothesis. One article 'proved' that they all had black kinky hair but mummification turned a lot of it red or blond.

― George Orwell

Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
This is what I know about slavery:

Never owned or sold one.

Don't GAF what happened to your great, great, great, grandaddy any more than you care what happened to mine.

Clark

PS-GFY

Originally Posted by Geno67
Trump being classless,tasteless and clueless as usual.
Originally Posted by Judman
Sorry, trump is a no tax payin pile of shiit.
Originally Posted by KSMITH
My young wife decided to play the field and had moved several dudes into my house
Campfire Kahuna
Online Content
Campfire Kahuna
I don't care either but unfortunately, we have a large bunch in WDC who DO pretend to care and they're the ones making laws and regulations.

― George Orwell

Page 3 of 5 1 2 3 4 5

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

596 members (10gaugeman, 21, 12344mag, 219 Wasp, 1234, 17CalFan, 51 invisible), 3,341 guests, and 1,131 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,294
Posts18,467,986
Members73,928
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.