Page 4 of 5 1 2 3 4 5
J
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
J
Originally Posted by deflave
This is what I know about slavery:

Never owned or sold one.

Don't GAF what happened to your great, great, great, grandaddy any more than you care what happened to mine.

Clark

PS-GFY

Correct answer.

These are my opinions, feel free to disagree.
BP-B2

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by Rock Chuck
Originally Posted by 700LH
Originally Posted by RJY66
Originally Posted by Jericho
And how many people did the Egyptians enslave to build the pyramids?

None. Egyptians were black, and as James said, in those days were using anti-gravity technology to move those big ass rocks to make their pyramids. No slaves were needed and besides slavery is racist and black people can't be racist. The story of Moses and the Exodus of the Hebrews from Egypt is of course a myth made up by white people.

I know this because I read it on a pamphlet some black fella in a suit and bow tie handed me at an intersection a few years ago while I was waiting on a red light.

Saying the Egyptians were black, white, or any other color is saying more than the best experts know. They've been debating and testing it for centuries and they still don't know. Of course the blacks want them to be black but wanting it and making it so aren't in the cards.
Egypt is the crossroads of black and white lands so quite possibly they were of mixed race...my theory and totally unproven.

DNA can reveal skin color
Here's a good article from the Smithsonian about ancient DNA testing. It's only been in the last couple years that they've been able to test without contamination. This was written about a year ago so it doesn't say what's happened since then. Hair can only reveal mitocondial DNA unless the root is present and intact. This says they're getting better results from teeth and bones. SMITHSONIAN

I did a search on 'ancient egypt DNA' and got a real mixture of answers, enough to know that much of the testing has been wrong. There are arguments all over the place on race and I suspect that much of it is just trying to prove someone's hypothesis. One article 'proved' that they all had black kinky hair but mummification turned a lot of it red or blond.

The rest of Northern Africa is not black, just seems logical that the Egyptias were about the same as the people that live there now.
Wasn't Moses raised as an Egyptian?
Jews are not black.

Last edited by 700LH; 03/18/18.
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Moses was raised as an Egyptian but nothing in the Bible indicates that they didn't know he was Hebrew. Pharaoh's daughter adopted him and she knew very well who he was.
Many theories say that the farther south you go in Egypt, the more black influence there was. Theories.

“In a time of deceit telling the truth is a revolutionary act.”
― George Orwell

It's not over when you lose. It's over when you quit.
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
[Linked Image]

Son of a liberal: " What did you do in the War On Terror, Daddy?"

Liberal father: " I fought the Americans, along with all the other liberals."

MOLON LABE

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by jaguartx
White Irish slaves built the dykes in New Orleans...

So, lesbians are made, not born.

Not a real member - just an ordinary guy who appreciates being able to hang around and say something once in awhile.

Happily Trapped In the Past (Thanks, Joe)

Not only a less than minimally educated person, but stupid and out of touch as well.
IC B2

Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by jaguartx
Those nobLE redmen tortured, raped and kilt their slaves at will also.

And guess what, nebassman and djs, the noble warriors didnt rape the male slaves, either, as it was considered quueeer ( and fughked up too).

I heard the traditional Lakota war cry “Hoka hey” is a contraction of a phrase in Lakota that translates to “We’ll fugg you up the a$$”. I am not making that up. Also, homosexual rape was one of the torments the 17th Century Mohawks inflicted upon the French Jesuit priests sent among them.

Some Indians liked that sort of thing , prob’ly most did not.

"...if the gentlemen of Virginia shall send us a dozen of their sons, we would take great care in their education, instruct them in all we know, and make men of them." Canasatego 1744
Campfire Kahuna
Online Happy
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by Jericho
And how many people did the Egyptians enslave to build the pyramids?

from what I read, not that many. Most of the workers were seasonal Egyptians, paid for their labor by the State, and working in the off season.

Sam......

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
How can anyone guess how many slaves were used to build the pyramids when they have no idea exactly when they were built or what techniques were used?

“In a time of deceit telling the truth is a revolutionary act.”
― George Orwell

It's not over when you lose. It's over when you quit.
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by 5sdad
Chuck, I really am not trying to be obstinate or argumentative, but should we not punish if we don't want to be punished ourselves?

and

5sdad- same sentiment here, no argumentative tone implied, My take on not wanting to be punished is that there has to be consequences for breaking the rule of treating others as you would have them treat you. The perpetrator has nullified his acceptance of that rule by transgressing against another - not the policer of the law. For example, I would no want to be whipped for stealing- so I wouldn't steal. Simple as that. Jesus was clear on obeying the law and disciples were all too aware on consequences of breaking it. In Acts 5:1 for example Ananais and his wife lied about the profits made from selling a field and God killed them for it. Not how I might handle it but.....not about to argue with the Almighty.

"I believe that there were many different subsets of the human race that had differences that were designed as such rather than divergent, evolutionary, off-shoots of a single model."

So no Adam and Eve and\or no missing link ? I guess you might look at it as multiple Adam and Eve's ? I think I get what you are saying just trying to see it all the way through my thick head.

When a country is well governed, poverty and a mean condition are something to be ashamed of. When a country is ill governed, riches and honors are something to be ashamed of
. Confucius
S
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
S
Yes, slavery was widespread among the American Indians. A band of Comanche warriors might go on a raid, they might find a camp of Apache, and usually the Comanche would prevail. They would kill all the babies. Children of 5 or 6 years old would be taken back to the Comanche camp, not as slaves, but to be raised as full fledged Comanches.
If an adult male was captured and not killed on the spot, he was taken back to the Comanche camp and tortured to death by the squaws.

But, the worst fate was for an adult captive female. She would be raped every night by five or six warriors. She had no rights, a Comanche dog had more rights that a captive female slave. She would be handed over to the women and she would be given the most difficult and nastiest chores around the camp. If a squaw got mad at her, she might slice off the slave's nose, or ears, there would be no recrimination, after all, you don't need a nose to screw, or to haul firewood. Comanche squaws might just stick burning sticks into her cheeks and arms and burn her up a little.

Several white females were returned to civilization after some years as Comanche slaves and they told horror stories of life as a slave, usually they would be missing their nose or an ear, and be horribly scarred. A Comanche slave had it worse than just about any other person who has ever lived on the earth.

IC B3

R
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
R
Originally Posted by baltz526
Slavery is alive in several Muslim nations as I type this. Sex Slaves are common. The same nations in Africa where the slaves then were acquired. Are some of the same places used by the rich Muslims today. Where is the outrage from the EU? UN?

Their focus is, and will always be, on the US: the great satan to a failed and jealous world.

We may know the time Ben Carson lied, but does anyone know the time Hillary Clinton told the truth?

Immersing oneself in progressive lieberalism is no different than bathing in the sewage of Hell.
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Perhaps multiple Adam and Eves, only one pair of which were documented in order to save space? Each pair could have evolved over time into the present configuration of the model? As to the "do unto others" question; I see what you are saying and it is pretty much the way I see it as well - I guess what I was trying to clarify there was that so often people over-simplify such things and make them an absolute when there is much more to it, as you point out. I'm trying to penetrate the thickness of my skull as well. Best, John

Not a real member - just an ordinary guy who appreciates being able to hang around and say something once in awhile.

Happily Trapped In the Past (Thanks, Joe)

Not only a less than minimally educated person, but stupid and out of touch as well.
Campfire Savant
Online Content
Campfire Savant
Maybe someday we won’t have to hear about it anymore.

B
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
B
Originally Posted by Pharmseller
During the Atlantic slave trade period (1500 to 1866), 40% of all captured African slaves went to Brazil, at the time controlled by Portugal. Brazil received more slaves than any other country. Brazil was the last country in the Western world to abolish slavery.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Slavery_in_Brazil

The British colonies in North America received about 10% of the total.

An interesting read.

P

Did you know that blacks owned slaves in America including whites?

Did you know the first legal case in America legalizing slavery was won by a black slave owner?

Did you know 3K blacks owned slaves in New Orleans alone?

Will the descendants of white slaves qualify for reparations from the descendants of black slave owners?

Last edited by brush_buster; 03/19/18.

Texas bred and born
A
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
A
How can anyone guess how many slaves were used to build the pyramids when they have no idea exactly when they were built or what techniques were used?

There are records that give the approximate dates for almost all of the pyramids. Maybe not the day of the week, but within a few years.

Archaeologists have dug up the worker's communities around the pyramids. The analysis of those digs gives a pretty accurate estimate of the worker populations.

As to the techniques, there are as many plausible theories as there are archaeologists. Perhaps more than one engineering technique was used.

Ed

"Not in an open forum, where truth has less value than opinions, where all opinions are equally welcome regardless of their origins, rationale, inanity, or truth, where opinions are neither of equal value nor decisive." Ken Howell

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by AcesNeights
Originally Posted by Borchardt
M&M.

Malnutrition and Malaria. The French business model in the Caribbean was work slaves to death in 3 years and import new ones.

Thanks for your reply and that’s along the lines of what I suspected. M&M was certainly not unique to slaves. Malnutrition and disease killed a lot of non slaves. Now with KFC, Popeyes and McDonald’s they’re moving up several weight classes but they’re still malnourished, uneducated and enslaved.

And Yellow Fever..

A good principle to guide me through life: “This is all I have come to expect, standard lackluster performance. Trust nothing, believe no one and realize it will only get worse…”
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
The story goes that the narcotic varieties of marijuana (as opposed to hemp which was grown all over) were introduced to the Caribbean to stupify the slaves and make them more docile while they were being worked to death.

"...if the gentlemen of Virginia shall send us a dozen of their sons, we would take great care in their education, instruct them in all we know, and make men of them." Canasatego 1744
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by Birdwatcher
The story goes that the narcotic varieties of marijuana (as opposed to hemp which was grown all over) were introduced to the Caribbean to stupify the slaves and make them more docile while they were being worked to death.

Well, it appears to not only have worked, but lingered on...

A good principle to guide me through life: “This is all I have come to expect, standard lackluster performance. Trust nothing, believe no one and realize it will only get worse…”
J
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
J
Originally Posted by brush_buster

Did you know that blacks owned slaves in America including whites?

Did you know the first legal case in America legalizing slavery was won by a black slave owner?

Did you know 3K blacks owned slaves in New Orleans alone?

Will the descendants of white slaves qualify for reparations from the descendants of black slave owners?

Now that is a very interesting question.

These are my opinions, feel free to disagree.
D
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
D
Originally Posted by 700LH
Jews are not black.

Those from Ethiopia are. Many migrated to Israel.

They can trace their Jewish ancestry back to the Middle Ages.

DF.

Page 4 of 5 1 2 3 4 5

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
YB23

Who's Online Now
707 members (12344mag, 160user, 10gaugemag, 01Foreman400, 10Glocks, 75 invisible), 2,699 guests, and 1,298 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,187,682
Posts18,399,706
Members73,820
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.