Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
#12685069 03/01/18
Campfire Tracker
OP Online Content
Campfire Tracker
Anyone here a member? We just had our local banquet. I'm the chapter president.

BP-B2

R
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
R
I was for years,kinda disappointed in the banquets that they were having.Always enjoyed the auctions,
but ours started to give away junk guns and the food went way down hill.
What did ya win?

T
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
T
I am, but I never hear about local functions.

"Whether you think you can or you think you can't, you're right."
Henry Ford

If it's tourist season, why can't we shoot them?
Campfire Tracker
OP Online Content
Campfire Tracker
Taz, what's your location? I'll look & see what's your closest banquet. Or go to the state chapter's website & look at events.

Rong------We have our banquet at the Local Elk's Lodge. The food is excellent, that's the reason we have it there. I didn't win anything----I was running the banquet----I was giving the stuff away!! Our banquet is on the small side @ 125 people. We sell out every year usually to the same people every year. It seems like a big ole family.

Last edited by colorado bob; 03/02/18.
T
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
T
Arvada.

"Whether you think you can or you think you can't, you're right."
Henry Ford

If it's tourist season, why can't we shoot them?
IC B2

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
I belonged to them for several years, and went to several banquets as well. My gripe was that they were all about the money, and after you constantly to donate, just like the NRA. I told one of their directors that I spent my money on my farm doing things to help the wildlife, including the turkeys, and I wasn't going to donate money to be spent elsewhere. He didn't like my answer, and I didn't like his attitude, so I never joined back up.

I'm sure they do good things, but I prefer to see how my money is being spent.

C
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
C
I know what you mean James, went the same route as you

K
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
K
I used to be but life got in the way of attending the banquets so never reupped. Ours still is the best banquet around, it out does DU and all others locally. 300-400 folks was always expected. Honestly, I've never paid it any thought on what nwtf does with the money.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
A great group of individuals in the local chapter. I especially enjoy the guest speakers at the meetings and the scheduled field days.

You're Welcome At My Fire Anytime

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
After they pushed Tom Huges out , then appointed Becky as the CEO things slid down hill in my opine. There are still some great guys and chapters out there and I hope that they get back in the game of Turkey science.

Lowcountry Wildlife Management
Knowing Wildlife Beyond Science
[email protected]
Genesis 9;2
IC B3

G
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
G
My problem with all of the organization's is that the local chapters don't get near enough money back to them

The government plans these shootings by targeting kids from kindergarten that the government thinks they can control with drugs until the appropriate time--DerbyDude

Whatever. Tell the oompa loompa's hey for me. [/quote]. LtPPowell

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
They also won't speak out against large scale nesting season burns covering up to 8k acres black to black on our NF nor the 19,000 acres burned with RX fire during the nesting season. I guess they are scared of upsetting the USFS, nothing peeves me more than a group that doesn't stand up dilligently for its own cause.

Lowcountry Wildlife Management
Knowing Wildlife Beyond Science
[email protected]
Genesis 9;2
S
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
S
Used to be a member for years. Got to the point it was just about the banquets and the money. Banquets and auctions can be fun but it seems more like it's about the money than anything else. JMHO

“When Tyranny becomes Law, Rebellion becomes Duty”

Colossians 3:17 (New King James Version)
"And whatever you do in word or deed, do all in the name of the Lord Jesus, giving thanks to God the Father through Him."
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by JamesJr
I belonged to them for several years, and went to several banquets as well. My gripe was that they were all about the money, and after you constantly to donate, just like the NRA. I told one of their directors that I spent my money on my farm doing things to help the wildlife, including the turkeys, and I wasn't going to donate money to be spent elsewhere. He didn't like my answer, and I didn't like his attitude, so I never joined back up.

I'm sure they do good things, but I prefer to see how my money is being spent.

Pretty much my exact experience.

Donations were being spent to coddle and powder the butts of a few ptsd fake wounded warriors in the area. Take private remf so and so to hunt at a pay-ranch in another state with a couple of bass pro douche bags. Whatever. Meanwhile our 300+ acres of overgrown farmland provided nesting for several different broods in the area that other freeloaders set up shot off cattle hay rings scratching through manure piles.

The banquets were nothing more than disgusting troughs of propane-fired wannabe bbq and sell offs of over bidded upon trailer park home decor. Can buy the same sheeitt at Hobby Lobby for 10cents on the dollar for what fools were bidding on.

As compared to the NRA, insane amount of junk mail out the ass. Still get NWTF crap in the mail weekly.

Probably works out great for bubbas who have hunt on public land. Wasn't doing anything for us. Would've been nice if the good ole boys couldve tossed me a bag of expired round up-ready corn like I had heard about going around under the table.

S
Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
S
I used to belong, I left when the top raffle gun went from a Benelli Super Black Eagle to a Mossberg!

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
YB23

Who's Online Now
744 members (12344mag, 10Glocks, 10gaugemag, 16penny, 007FJ, 1234, 72 invisible), 2,965 guests, and 1,270 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,187,764
Posts18,401,436
Members73,822
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.