Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
Finally got my Nosler Liberty M48 in 270 wsm scoped with a Leupold 4.5-14x40 A/O cds and dialed in at the range. Weighing in at a pinch over 8.5lbs which makes it the lightest big game rifle I own....She shot SMOA with 140 NAB which made me very happy.

I chron’d a random selection of my rounds with an avg of 3115 FPS from a 24” tube which I will use for having a CDS turret made.

I will say this...The little biotch has some mule hoofs that kicked the schit outta me. Definitely, Not a Gay Rifle! It’s gonna be a solid horn getter without a doubt. 😎

Curiosity Killed the Cat & The Prairie Dog
“Molon Labe”
BP-B6

D
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
D
That’s like saying: “This is my lover Trystan... he’s gay, I’m not.”

Good round.... good set-up..... still gay.

You better pray to the God of Skinny Punks that this wind doesn't pick up......
H
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
H
Originally Posted by Dogshooter

Haw, haw!

Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
Coffee all over my keyboard reading...Thx,DS🌈🦄🌈🖕🏻 I call BS on Trystan though...Gonna call my new little friend “Chad”

“Molon Labe”
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by Hook

Haw, haw!

Why you laffin Capt. Hook? We all know you’re rock’n tight jeans and silk shirts while carrying a 270 win. Swing it Sister...Nah, JK Hook. Except for the jeans and shirt part..🤣

“Molon Labe”
IC B2

Campfire Savant
Online Content
Campfire Savant
Mine is about the same, except it’s a 700, same scope, same bullet. The 700 is a bit heavier,so it doesn’t kick much. I shot a few pigs and an Aoudad so far.

[Linked Image]

Last edited by hanco; 03/18/18.
D
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
D
At least it’s a .270 WSM..... that’s like being the Pitcher... rather than the Catcher....

You better pray to the God of Skinny Punks that this wind doesn't pick up......
W
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
W
Gay at one time meant "having or showing a merry, lively mood" or "bright or showy", so one could say to be gay is to be happy. Now the pundits of fecal admiration and lip service couldn't actually describe the practices of homosexuals, so in the best Orwellian fashion, they adopted the word 'gay' as a subterfuge to avoid more descriptive terms and words. Naturally, our accommodating culture where offending some fringe minority is seen as a cruel crime against the defective, would adopt this evasive practice. Therefore, let not your heart be troubled, the .270 WSM can be both a gay cartridge and the shooter made gay by its ownership and performance, with the result that happiness is the product.

Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by WranglerJohn
Gay at one time meant "having or showing a merry, lively mood" or "bright or showy", so one could say to be gay is to be happy. Now the pundits of fecal admiration and lip service couldn't actually describe the practices of homosexuals, so in the best Orwellian fashion, they adopted the word 'gay' as a subterfuge to avoid more descriptive terms and words. Naturally, our accommodating culture where offending some fringe minority is seen as a cruel crime against the defective, would adopt this evasive practice. Therefore, let not your heart be troubled, the .270 WSM can be both a gay cartridge and the shooter made gay by its ownership and performance, with the result that happiness is the product.

John, I made this into a coming out party for all to be gloriously happy and gay...DogShooter is still looking for the light switch in his closet to illuminate his 7mag and realize it may need a new little friend...

“Molon Labe”
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
I just want to be a hitter Dog and NOT a switch hitter..Light switch is on the wall in your closet brother. 😳

“Molon Labe”
IC B3

Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by hanco
Mine is about the same, except it’s a 700, same scope, same bullet. The 700 is a bit heavier,so it doesn’t kick much. I shot a few pigs and an Aoudad so far.

[Linked Image]

Hanco, What’s this? You bring wood to this party...Cheap bas-tard! Very nice looking rifle. The maxi pad recoil tamer may also contribute to the gentle touch she delivers to you..Bring chips and beer next time, please. 😊

“Molon Labe”
S
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
S
Hmm.. Super. 270

Super gay?

M
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
M
You will be devastated.....”when it comes out of the closet”! grin Though it should make a very nice hunting rifle, congrats! memtb

You should not use a rifle that will kill an animal when everything goes right; you should use one that will do the job when everything goes wrong." -Bob Hagel

“I’d like to be a good rifleman…..but, I prefer to be a good hunter”! memtb 2024
A
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
A
Nice caliber and rifle. The .270 is a great cartridge and the .270 wsm is even more versatile. I have to wonder about anyone who would call this caliber gay. I don't think any caliber is gay but I do think that being concerned about your shoulder and recoil when they should be more concerned about dispatching an animal in quickest humane way possible is very gay. Oh I flinch cause the rifle kicks to much. Gay Gay Gay. LMAO. laugh

Have fun with it and nice choice!!!

Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by Adams
Nice caliber and rifle. The .270 is a great cartridge and the .270 wsm is even more versatile. I have to wonder about anyone who would call this caliber gay. I don't think any caliber is gay but I do think that being concerned about your shoulder and recoil when they should be more concerned about dispatching an animal in quickest humane way possible is very gay. Oh I flinch cause the rifle kicks to much. Gay Gay Gay. LMAO. laugh

Have fun with it and nice choice!!!

Dude, not to worry...I always run a string to my triggers and close both eyes.

“Molon Labe”
A
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
A
Originally Posted by Beaver10

Dude, not to worry...I always run a string to my triggers and close both eyes.

Hey Beaver10 I wasn't picking on you at all. I've got a .270 wsm Browning Abolt. I shoot 150 grain Nosler Partitions and they are potent. Every deer I've shot through the lungs, no bones except rib, they don't take more than 1 step. Shot a lot of deer with this gun only had one doe that ran about 75 yards when shot through the lungs.

Last edited by Adams; 03/18/18.
J
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
J
Let's see some pics beave

Ping pong balls for the win.
Once you've wrestled everything else in life is easy. Dan Gable
I keep my circle small, I’d rather have 4 quarters than 100 pennies.

Ain’t easy havin pals.
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
Adams...All good...I was LMAO at your post, truly. Keep the schit sling’n comming..If you can’t make fun of yourself then you’re a pussy and should stay off a hunting/gun forum. 🖕🏻😎

“Molon Labe”
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
Judman, I just posted a few rifles to the image gallery under the title “Judman Shoot’n Irons”. I’ve downloaded several Apps to my iPad but can’t figure out how to get my pics to load on a thread...Dumb NW boy! Mark

“Molon Labe”
H
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
H
Originally Posted by Beaver10
Originally Posted by Hook

Haw, haw!

Why you laffin Capt. Hook? We all know you’re rock’n tight jeans and silk shirts while carrying a 270 win. Swing it Sister...Nah, JK Hook. Except for the jeans and shirt part..🤣

I love this 'gay' cartridge conversation. Have gotten a many a laugh reading the back and forth ribbing amongst the 'usual suspects' on The Fire. I have never been a fan of the 270 although it is undoubtedly one of the best all around cartridges ever developed. I have owned a few 270s and killed a few deer with them, but just cannot maintain an interest in them. My lack of enthusiasm comes primarily from the fact that there are so many of them out there and I prefer to carry the less common calibers and rifles....just for the fun of it.

My latest infatuation....a 6.5X54 M-S complete with a period correct Hensoldt scope. I just cannot imagine anyone considering it 'gay'!

[Linked Image]

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
YB23

Who's Online Now
726 members (09wingates, 007FJ, 10gaugemag, 12344mag, 10Glocks, 17CalFan, 72 invisible), 2,925 guests, and 1,292 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,187,774
Posts18,401,552
Members73,823
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.