Print Thread
Hop To
Page 2 of 2 1 2
Campfire Kahuna
Online Content
Campfire Kahuna
It boils down to this...

* The 2nd A is not negotiable.

* People are aware that we have lost many freedoms through "negotiation" that we will never see again.

* I don't support the NRA both monetarily and vocally, only to watch them throw in the towel.
I support them to hold the line.

Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla!
BP-B2

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by rockinbbar
It boils down to this...

* The 2nd A is not negotiable.

* People are aware that we have lost many freedoms through "negotiation" that we will never see again.

* I don't support the NRA both monetarily and vocally, only to watch them throw in the towel.
I support them to hold the line.
You know where I stand. The problem is, this site is full of Fudds and the NRA is even fuller. Broaden it out to the average gun owner and you get what smells like tuna and looks like taco.

Campfire Kahuna
Online Content
Campfire Kahuna
laugh

True!

Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla!
R
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
R
Did you listen to LaPierre's speech at CPAC? If not - might wanna cue that up and listen up for a while..

At some point, the leadership WILL change - if for no other reason than life is not forever.. It will be most interesting to see who replaces him..

Ex- USN (SS) '66-'69
Pro-Constitution.
LET'S GO BRANDON!!!
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Being a spokeperson for the NRA is one of the most difficult positions I can think off. Everytime there is a shooting inicent that brings national attention, the NRA is in the crosshairs and there is no quick defense agaisnt the onslaught.

The NRA is the only reason we did not have European style gun control long ago.

"The Democrat Party looks like Titanic survivors. Partying and celebrating one moment, and huddled in lifeboats freezing the next". Hatari 2017

"Hokey religions and ancient weapons are no match for a good blaster at your side, kid." Han Solo
IC B2

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by hatari
Being a s[pokeperson for the NRA is one of the most difficult positions I can think off. Everytime there is a shooting inicent that brings national attention, the NRA is in the crosshairs and there is no quick defense agaisnt the onslaught.

The NRA is the only reason we do not have European style gun control long ago.

This. I've met both LaPierre and Cox and you'll not find two more passionate individuals (without being kookish) on the issue of the 2nd Amendment and our gun rights.

A good principle to guide me through life: “This is all I have come to expect, standard lackluster performance. Trust nothing, believe no one and realize it will only get worse…”
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by hatari
Being a s[pokeperson for the NRA is one of the most difficult positions I can think off. Everytime there is a shooting inicent that brings national attention, the NRA is in the crosshairs and there is no quick defense agaisnt the onslaught.

The NRA is the only reason we do not have European style gun control long ago.

True. But the reason they have been successful is:

No truce with kings. No compromise with tyrants.

"Live like you'll die tomorrow, but manage your grass like you'll live forever."
-S. M. Stirling
W
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
W
Originally Posted by 700LH
Twenty years past time.

Ditto!

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
I can understand the frustration - even fears - of folks here. It is a serious matter. But, it seems hard to figure how attacks on those in the limelight will reduce much of the anxiety - it is a larger body that sets the direction and makes the calls.

Maybe our most avid Campfire critics of those NRA spokespersons could present themselves to the NRA as better performers, and get the jobs.

NRA Member - Life, Benefactor, Patron
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
The biggest problem NRA has is the "free riders." I can't tell you the number of polls where the "NRA members" that get called are like three to five times the actual proportion of members in the population. Either these people are liars, or they feel guilty about owning guns but not anteing up to support the right.
So it's left to the members to pull the wagon with everyone aboard. Gets old.
People need to realize that there's always someone who wants to take away the things you value. Theft. A right is something of enormous value, yet so few of us will sacrifice or even make the minimal contribution of dues....the magazines aren't THAT terrible, in fact, they aren't giant ads like so many of the specialty gun rags.
As for LaPierre and Cox.....just imagine every time you leave the office and go to an interview, the press hack has DREAMS of tripping you up, making you say the wrong word, of scoring that Pulitzer or promotion for being the brave journalist who "took down" the NRA. Kind of hard to smile when that's your JOB. Part of the reason Dana Loesch is out there, it's not easy to flog a woman in the "me Too" era, or Colion Noir when it's black lives that matter. But that's the game, and there's only a few who can play it and SURVIVE, much less get the message across.

Up hills slow,
Down hills fast
Tonnage first and
Safety last.
IC B3

Page 2 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
YB23

Who's Online Now
270 members (1lessdog, 257 mag, 12344mag, 01Foreman400, 2UP, 10Glocks, 22 invisible), 1,781 guests, and 934 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,187,593
Posts18,397,943
Members73,815
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.