Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 1 of 2 1 2
Campfire Kahuna
OP Offline
Campfire Kahuna
Or at least for an armed response to Trump...

A Democratic congressman from Long Island implied that Americans should grab weapons and oppose President Trump by force, if the commander-in-chief doesn’t follow the Constitution.

Rep. Tom Suozzi made the remark to constituents at a town hall last week, saying that folks opposed to Trump might resort to the “Second Amendment.”

“It’s really a matter of putting public pressure on the president,” Suozzi said in a newly released video of the March 12 talk in Huntington. “This is where the Second Amendment comes in quite frankly, because you know, what if the president was to ignore the courts? What would you do? What would we do?”

A listener then blurts out, “What’s the second amendment?”

The left-leaning Democrat says “The second amendment is the right to bear arms.”

The spectators laughed — some nervously. Republicans were not amused.

“This video is incredibly disturbing. It’s surreal to watch a sitting member of Congress suggest that his constituents should take up arms against the President of the United States,” said National Republican Campaign Committee spokesman Chris Martin.

The thing is, I wouldn't put it past them. In fact, I expect attempts.

Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla!
GB1

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Remember that agenda driven politics AND "friend for a day" foreign policy both originated in the progressive itinerary...

"Chances Will Be Taken"

Campfire Savant
Campfire Savant
Dumbocrats are desperate!

I
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
I
Not good. If they did that, what do they think would happen to them? Hard time. And if they (almost impossibly) succeeded, what do they think would happen if an Obamunist got elected again. Not good.

Incidentally some presidents actually have gone counter to court rulings. Andrew Jackson and Abraham Lincoln come to mind.

Don't blame me. I voted for Trump.

Democrats would burn this country to the ground, if they could rule over the ashes.
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
They're so scared of Trump, that they want to take up arms against him? They want to impeach him? So, who will take his place if they do......VP Pence, who by all accounts, is a much greater threat to the Democrats than Trump will ever be.

Nothing but a bunch of dummies.

Last edited by JamesJr; 03/19/18.
IC B2

Campfire Kahuna
OP Offline
Campfire Kahuna
The Dimmies are vocal about hating Trump...

But, it's not so much Trump they hate, as it is anyone that's not a commie, liberal, globalist, that agrees with their agendas.

They want us all dead.

But they have to take our guns first.

Good luck with... We'll give them to them a few grains at a time. wink

Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla!
J
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
J
Originally Posted by rockinbbar

A Democratic congressman from Long Island implied that Americans should grab weapons and oppose President Trump by force, if the commander-in-chief doesn’t follow the Constitution.

Rep. Tom Suozzi made the remark to constituents at a town hall last week, saying that folks opposed to Trump might resort to the “Second Amendment.”

“It’s really a matter of putting public pressure on the president,” Suozzi said in a newly released video of the March 12 talk in Huntington. “This is where the Second Amendment comes in quite frankly, because you know, what if the president was to ignore the courts? What would you do? What would we do?”

A listener then blurts out, “What’s the second amendment?”

The left-leaning Democrat says “The second amendment is the right to bear arms.”

The spectators laughed — some nervously. Republicans were not amused.

“This video is incredibly disturbing. It’s surreal to watch a sitting member of Congress suggest that his constituents should take up arms against the President of the United States,” said National Republican Campaign Committee spokesman Chris Martin.

That wee little snippet should land that fellow in a Federal holiday house post-haste.

These are my opinions, feel free to disagree.
O
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
O
I was thinking the same thing, JSTUART.

There are 2 rules to success:

1. Never tell everything that you know.
G
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
G
Originally Posted by OSU_Sig
I was thinking the same thing, JSTUART.

Yup, lets not forget the dimwits love to make hundreds of millions off guns in their movies too, they then can afford a HEAVILY ARMED PROFESSIONAL security staff! crazy

Trump Won!
M
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
M

“This video is incredibly disturbing. It’s surreal to watch a sitting member of Congress suggest that his constituents should take up arms against the President of the United States,”[/b] said National Republican Campaign Committee spokesman Chris Martin.

The Republican response is EXACTLY wrong - as that was the original reason for the 2d - protection from runaway govt.
The spokesman should have phrased that differently.

I've always been a curmudgeon - now I'm an old curmudgeon.
~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
IC B3

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna

But, it's not so much Trump they hate, as it is anyone that's not a commie, liberal, globalist, that agrees with their agendas.

They want us all dead.

Fact. 30% of the people who voted for Trump are democrats.

The only thing worse than a liberal is a liberal that thinks they're a conservative.
J
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
J
Originally Posted by mark shubert

“This video is incredibly disturbing. It’s surreal to watch a sitting member of Congress suggest that his constituents should take up arms against the President of the United States,”[/b] said National Republican Campaign Committee spokesman Chris Martin.

The Republican response is EXACTLY wrong - as that was the original reason for the 2d - protection from runaway govt.

Not when it comes from a sitting member attempting to incite.

These are my opinions, feel free to disagree.
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Those that would have you disarmed, will never disarm themselves.

Whom the gods wish to destroy they first make mad.
E
efw Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
E

Completely agree. It ought to have said that we’re excited to see that a leftist can and does not only see the original intent of 2A but embraces it, even if we don’t agree on his timing.

We have to avoid looking like those we oppose by only favoring rights when it’s people like us exercising them.

This guy was using hyperbole and his presuppositions re: juridical supremacy are a fatal flaw in his logic but I am happy to hear anyone in gov say that We The People and our arms are all that stand against an oppressive government.

Campfire Kahuna
OP Offline
Campfire Kahuna

I agree for the most part.

But, we have had a runaway govt for awhile.

This administration is way better than the previous one that was successful in weaponizing the entire govt, and all it's agencies against citizens.

We will get the opportunity again though. I have no doubt. The question is...."Will we?"

Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla!
R
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
R
Originally Posted by efw

Completely agree. It ought to have said that we’re excited to see that a leftist can and does not only see the original intent of 2A but embraces it, even if we don’t agree on his timing.

We have to avoid looking like those we oppose by only favoring rights when it’s people like us exercising them.

This guy was using hyperbole and his presuppositions re: juridical supremacy are a fatal flaw in his logic but I am happy to hear anyone in gov say that We The People and our arms are all that stand against an oppressive government.

It's not his timing that is at issue, it's his purpose: the overthrow of a legally elected administration and seditious lies regarding that administration. Both things are treason and a violation of his oath of office. He needs to be removed, tried and convicted. Many do.

We may know the time Ben Carson lied, but does anyone know the time Hillary Clinton told the truth?

Immersing oneself in progressive lieberalism is no different than bathing in the sewage of Hell.
DMc Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana

They want us all dead.

We still haven't gotten an explanation for all the FEMA camps. Have we?

Make Gitmo Great Again!!
Who gave the order to stop counting votes in the swing states on the night of November 3/4, 2020?
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by JamesJr
They're so scared of Trump, that they want to take up arms against him? They want to impeach him? So, who will take his place if they do......VP Pence, who by all accounts, is a much greater threat to the Democrats than Trump will ever be.

Nothing but a bunch of dummies.

Yes, but they see Pence as beatable in 2020, and figure RBG and Kennedy hold onto to their court seats that long.

Pence's abortion stance really has them on edge. The Dems that have enough forethought want no part of President Pence, and will tell you so.

So is assignation really a possibility? I certainly hope not, but should Trump survive to become re-elected, I have no problem believing some Leftist would try.

"The Democrat Party looks like Titanic survivors. Partying and celebrating one moment, and huddled in lifeboats freezing the next". Hatari 2017

"Hokey religions and ancient weapons are no match for a good blaster at your side, kid." Han Solo
P
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
P
"We still haven't gotten an explanation for all the FEMA camps. Have we?"

Those are for all us older folks who went to school and were taught civics and about how the government should be. Wasn't it Oprah that said something about killing older white people?
Paul B.

Our forefathers did not politely protest the British.They did not vote them out of office, nor did they impeach the king,march on the capitol or ask permission for their rights. ----------------They just shot them.
MOLON LABE
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
These ($@%^*)#&@ people are insane.

LOL
Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

576 members (1beaver_shooter, 1minute, 19rabbit52, 12344mag, 10gaugemag, 007FJ, 62 invisible), 2,262 guests, and 1,159 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,210
Posts18,466,168
Members73,925
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.