Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 1 of 14 1 2 3 13 14
65BR Offline OP
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
What’s your pick for year round concealed carry?

GB1

S
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
S
Had a 26. Will be getting a 365 soon as I can find one.

There is nothing made by man,
which cannot be broken by woman.
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
The Sig may turn out to be great, but it is too new to rely upon at this time. I learned that lesson with the Sig P938. Sig already has done some "upgrades" to the 365 platform since its release. If you have to buy one now, get the 26 Gen 4 or 3. (The Gen 5 version of the 26 is new as well. Consider it only if you are left handed and want an ambidextrous slide release.) The 26 is built like the usual Glock, and you can run it hard and put it up dirty the same as a full sized gun.

"Don't believe everything you see on the Internet" - Abraham Lincoln
J
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
J
Originally Posted by 65BR

shot my new P365 130 rounds yesterday, more accurate than my G43, better trigger, I would not go back to G26 but I will buy a second P365 as backup.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
I can see no advantage to the glock

"Chances Will Be Taken"

IC B2

B
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
B
Have just over 300 rounds through my 365. I had Two issues with the slide not locking back on last round that was the first 150 rounds approximately nothing since. With the slide lock back inserting a full magazine and sending it home the slide Went to into battery, that happened four times. Compared to my Glock 27,the 365 has better ergonomics smaller package, better trigger, I shoot it better, easier to carry,(for me). With the 12 round mag it truly is an amazing little pistol, it totally blows my mind :-) nothing negative about the 10 round mag and ergonomics. I even like it better than my Glock 43, and I love my 43. Would I bet my life on it, I need to put more rounds through it And see if anyone else has any major issues with it. I don’t carry a spare mag so the issues I had do not concern me, But they need to be rectified.

65BR Offline OP
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
I guess time will tell on the Sig, for a long term track record.

No doubt the Sig has much going for it, if it fits one's hand and is reliable. Heard many good things, a few reviews have seen a few bobbles.

So if the Sig were not around, what would be your fave pick? Perhaps the Shield, or a small Glock?

I know there are a few Kahr CW9 and PM9 fans......

Last edited by 65BR; 03/20/18.
D
dla Offline
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
D
I guess time will tell on the Sig, for a long term track record.

No doubt the Sig has much going for it, if it fits one's hand and is reliable. Heard many good things, a few reviews have seen a few bobbles.

So if the Sig were not around, what would be your fave pick? Perhaps the Shield or G43?

I know there are a few Kahr CW9 and PM9 fans......

The Kel-Tec PF 9. It is the lightest, thinnest, 9mm that I'm aware of. Drop it in your pocket and go. Or clip it IWB. Convenience. Only really stupid people poo-poo Kel-Tec quality.

Last edited by dla; 03/20/18.
T
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
T

The 26 is out of consideration since it's neither fish nor fowl, i.e., if you're going to carry IWB, it might as well be a Glock 19 (vs the equally thick 26), with more rounds, longer sight radius, more grip to hold, and carries more comfortably. It likely also conceals better, since a 26, due to being top heavy (with too short a slide to stabilize it) tends to bow out more at the top. The longer slide of the 19 will stabilize it better, preventing bowing out, i.e., keeping the rear portion of the slide closer to the body.

None of that likely applies to the 365, since it's more in the class of a Glock 43, but with higher capacity. The Glock 43 is actually a good choice for IWB carry, for those situations where absolute minimum printing is desired, and where such considerations outweigh the advantages of the larger Glocks. Likely the 365 will prove to be good for that, too, and even better, due to greater capacity, assuming it proves to be reliable and durable. That, however, remains to be seen.

Owl Offline
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
In my opinion, people get too involved on size. Carry what you can shoot well.

I bought a small sized 9mm pistol for the ex-wife (pre-divorce). Fit her hands perfectly. Easily concealed, but due to the recoil and limp wrist effect, she'd get a stove pipe every time. Match the firearm to yourself based up functionality and comfort first. If you get a firearm based upon size, and it's too large or small for you to shoot accurately, does not fit your hands or has too much recoil, then all you really have in your hands is an expensive rock. If you can't hit the target, it's only a visual deterrent. So, in some cases, the lowly Beretta Model 21 in a .22 LR is a better choice than a G20 10mm. Shooting a round that hit's it's intended target is better than 17 rounds that have missed and possibly injured an innocent bystander.

Just my humble opinion.

Owl.

James Pepper: There's no law west of Dodge and no God west of the Pecos. Right, Mr. Chisum? John Chisum: Wrong, Mr. Pepper. Because no matter where people go, sooner or later there's the law. And sooner or later they find God's already been there.
IC B3

J
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
J
Well when the 365 came out I was in the process of choosing a ccp.
I did a fair bit of research and shot some of my considerations.

In the end it was an easy choice, I picked the glock 26. If you put money
toward a decent holster it doesn't bow forward at all. Fills my hand well
and shoots well.

I'm of a slight build, 6'1" and 155 pounds, and it conceals easy on me and
I carry iwb. The glock 19 does not conceal as well, although people made
me think that it did.

I'll go with history over mystery, and if I want the 365 later on I'll try it.

L
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
L
My 365 has never had single glitch in the first 500 rounds. It is now m first choice for CC

In training to be an obedient master to my two labs

Shooting, fishing and hunting
F
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
F
I have a P365 on order....chose it over the G26, G43......want something for very discreet concealment that has some capacity.

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
65BR Offline OP
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
Good info folks. Re Kel-Tec. Always head good things about them as the little Rugers.

Many choices no doubt. What ammo are you folks running?

Guessing many use 124 like HST and GD. Any 147 in small guns?

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
When you pick up your P365 I can hook you up with a nice leather holster for it.[Linked Image]

Last edited by Triggernosis; 03/21/18.
Y
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Y

G19 personally.

The Sig 365 looks good on paper, but proven reliability is worth a lot more to me, especially with Sig's track record lately. I'll let other people be Sig's field testers for a few years, but might pick one up once they're proven.

I don't like the G26 much myself; if I need something that small I'll go straight to something like the 43, Shield, etc.

65BR Offline OP
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
Nice holster for the Sig above, details?

I suppose down here in the south, one will be wearing light clothes in the heat, hence the desire for something smaller - less print, than a G19. Good gun no doubt.

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Nice holster for the Sig above, details?

I suppose down here in the south, one will be wearing light clothes in the heat, hence the desire for something smaller - less print, than a G19. Good gun no doubt.

I make that holster - they start at $65 plus shipping.

W
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
W
There is a lengthy review of the SIG 365 in this month's American Rifleman (April. 2018) written by managing editor Joe Kurtenbach. It is far from complimentary.

Providing you leave them stock (except for sights), the G26 and G43, just work And in the case of the G26, have worked for many years.

Read the article in the American Rifleman before you decide.

J
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
J
I have the one with the green front sight, the original guns had different sights. Today fired another 100 rounds, gun had not been cleaned. I had one occasion after switching to 124 grain bullets that the gun did not chamber the round when the slide release was hit, it had not been cleaned in 180 rounds. I ejected the shell and the next one chambered. It has fired everything, every time no failure to feed or fire when shooting the gun. It has a better trigger, and is more accurate than my G43 and 9mm Shield. It is not more accurate than my 45 shield. The sights with the green front sight are better than glock or shield sights. Total 230 rounds.

TO the man that said anyone that did not like keltec's was stupid. I owned that very poorly made 9mm gun and it went back to keltec twice for the trigger not resetting. Its a shame that people post anything on this forum these days, even those with limited knowledge and experience.

I am not 100% sold on the P365 yet, however I cleaned the gun today and will fire it another 100 rounds this weekend.

Reading the NRA rag, seems like he had problems with pre-production gun.

Likes- 11 rounds, more accurate than it should be in so small a gun, good trigger, good sights.
Dislikes- the squarish grip, if you grip it tightly can get on the wrong spot in your hand and be somewhat uncomfortable.
I am not selling my shield or G43 yet but in another 4 boxes of ammo I might.

Today I give it 4 out of 5 stars

Page 1 of 14 1 2 3 13 14

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

707 members (12344mag, 1234, 10Glocks, 10ring1, 01Foreman400, 160user, 77 invisible), 3,090 guests, and 1,264 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,267
Posts18,467,242
Members73,925
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.