Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 11 of 14 1 2 9 10 11 12 13 14
K
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
K
Apparently mine was one of the first to go...so my replacement striker was put in before they ironed out the problem.

Yes. I know...I'm being fed bullshit.

Sorry to have this. My first pistol was a 220 in 1996. The thing runs like a top.

This thing...not so much...

BP-B2

J
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
J
No the Gen3 guns and my G43 are not as accurate. Out of the box the P365 shot groups half the size of a Gen3 G19 with several different types of practice ammunition. The G43 is fine and I passed a shooting course with one but it is not as “precise” as the P365. The trigger and the sights are better on the SIG as well.

T
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
T
My Glock 43 was the TALO edition, so had some nice sights on it when I bought it.

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Had one on backorder thru Brownells for months, and cancelled it when Murdoch's had them locally on sale for July 4th. Finally got out to the gravel pit today. The 12rd mag's size suits me best. Ran 200rds of white box thru it, initially all presenting then double or triple taps, and ended shooting a couple mags strong side and weak side. Had three light primer strikes, three failures to go into battery, most of that was in the first 100rds. Keeping my thumbs from contacting the slide took some practice - it's little. Threw brass all over hell initially, but that too settled down, mostly into a four or five foot square by the end. The positive part? Shot with remarkable precision. Really, really enjoyed shooting it. Trigger very decent; bit of striker pistol mush but short. Grip texture is nice. Sights are excellent. Reminded me of shooting the little sig 238, another diminutive pistol that shoots better for me than it should. In contrast, struggled in the past with the 938 some, the glock 43 blech, and the walther PPS while somewhat better I just don't feel one with it. Time will tell. If the above mentioned blips go away with break-in (and technique), and of course the striker holds together, am looking at a favorite at last. Little gun is a shooter. p.s. did not see any primer strike swipes, fwiw.

Golldammed motion detector lights. A guy can’t even piss off his porch in peace any more.

"Look, I want to help the helpless. It's the clueless I don't give a [bleep] about." - Dennis Miller on obamacare.

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Got my P365 back from Sig, was only 10 days without it.

I sent it in for the occasional FTE with Walmart Winchester white box 115gr, occasional light primer strike with Tula steel case, both occurred less than 1% of the time but I also wanted all the upgrades. I got a new trigger return spring and they polished the hump around it, got the new striker design, and a new, stronger extractor spring. I put 250 rounds of the problematic ammo through it when it came back with 0 malfunctions of any kind. Going to keep shooting it but feel like Sig has addressed the majority of the issues with these.

John 8:12 "I am the light of the world. Whoever follows me will never walk in darkness, but will have the light of life."
IC B2

65BR Offline OP
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
W700 - encouraging, thanks.

F
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
F
So far, I have been impressed with the little platform. Best trigger on a striker fired pistol I've ever shot. As mentioned elsewhere, great accuracy from the P365......

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
K
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
K
Got mine back...put 100 through it... Got light strikes and no bang every 3-4 trigger presses...

Get less happy by the day with it.

J
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
J
Ken I got one of the first to come out, I have put a Lightning strike striker in it and SIG replaced the magazine release button for me. It had rusted as I carry it 365! It turns out the cooks holster I had was allowing sweat to get onto the button and just stay there while I carried if hiking, working, what ever. I showed it to cooks and they made me a new holster on the spot. Great people, great holster. My gun has worked flawlessly except during the first 200 or so rounds it failed to lock back a couple of times and I don;t know why. I am considering buying another one, so may I ask "when did you buy yours"? thank you.

pal Offline
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by ken999
...Got light strikes and no bang every 3-4 trigger presses...

That really blows.

"There's more to optics than meets the eye."--anon

"...most of us would be better off losing half a pound around the waist than half a pound on our rifle."--dhg

IC B3

K
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
K
I got mine around the beginning of April. Gen 2 with xray sights.

They never sent any paperwork back with it the second time so I inquired yesterday. Apparently they replaced the trigger bar spring along with the second striker.

Nearly 2k rounds total and five months later and I'm no where near ready to carry a gun I spent $550 on.

I'll be steering clear of sigs for a while after this episode.

P
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
P
Cut that piece of schit in two with a cutting torch and send it back to Sig. Maybe they'll get the message to quit sending out junk.

J
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
J
SIG’s treatment of us beta test customers could be better.

K
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
K
I'll second that...

H
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
H
Originally Posted by ken999
I got mine around the beginning of April. Gen 2 with xray sights.

They never sent any paperwork back with it the second time so I inquired yesterday. Apparently they replaced the trigger bar spring along with the second striker.

Nearly 2k rounds total and five months later and I'm no where near ready to carry a gun I spent $550 on.

I'll be steering clear of sigs for a while after this episode.

this is what can happen when rigs are first released, without being tested thoroughly--especially when engineering is being pushed to near absolute limits.

i watched this review by Taran--couldn't believe he was using the Federal 115 gr. BPLE +p+ in that pipsqueak rig--amazing;

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OgHRcv2M6PY

all learning is like a funnel:
however, contrary to popular thought, one begins with the the narrow end.
the more you progress, the more it expands into greater discovery--and the less of an audience you will have...
J
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
J
anyone have a more recently purchased P365 that is unhappy with it? Maybe the bugs are worked out now??

S
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
S
bought one in June......it has been 100 % reliable , but I have only shot about 300 rounds

like others , I find it extremely easy to hit with , such a little gun just shouldnt shoot that good......

D
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
D
Just heard of the gun Wednesday when I went into a shop to check out a S&W Shield and order a Ruger 1 .35 Whelen.

Gun shop guy showed me the shield , and a G43 and then the P365. Knowing nothing of the inter web drama surrounding the pistol I bought it. Picked up a box of the Sig 365 115 ball and a box of the 365 115 JHP. Shot it yesterday. It is more accurate then my P226!
One thing gunshop guy told me is the Sig 365 9mm ammo is slightly shorter overall then normal spec 9mm. I did not measure so I can't confirm than. The Sig brand ammo ran perfect. Tried a few mags of WWB and had one fail to feed. S/N is 66A09xxxx

T
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
T
Originally Posted by sdgunslinger
bought one in June......it has been 100 % reliable , but I have only shot about 300 rounds

like others , I find it extremely easy to hit with , such a little gun just shouldnt shoot that good......

Seems to be hit or miss, rather like the Kahr P9. Mine has been 100% since the day I bought it back when it was first introduced, but friends who've bought them have had lemons.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by The_Real_Hawkeye
Originally Posted by sdgunslinger

Seems to be hit or miss, rather like the Kahr P9. Mine has been 100% since the day I bought it back when it was first introduced, but friends who've bought them have had lemons.

I know 3 guys locally who own the p365. All of them are completely happy with it. One of these pistols is the original unaltered iteration. 2 of these guys are CCW instructors and very serious shooters.

One local shop has sold 8 p365s as of last week. No returns and no problems reported to date. It's a small sample size, but significant in that the results seem to be uniformly good. The owner has read some of the internet hysterics around the firing pin issue, but tells me that in trade publications the p365 has a remarkable sales record with very few reported issues.
And the shop owner is a S&W fan, but tells me that the first p365 that is still on the shelf at the end of the day on which it arrives will be his.

"Chances Will Be Taken"

Page 11 of 14 1 2 9 10 11 12 13 14

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
YB23

Who's Online Now
104 members (338reddog, 405joe, 7mm_Loco, 10gaugemag, 444Matt, 12 invisible), 1,350 guests, and 683 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,187,588
Posts18,397,869
Members73,815
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.