-->
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 3 of 3 1 2 3
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Alaska has been dealing with wolf and predator control issues forever and I don't see it ending. I could be wrong, but I was always under the impression the West coast between Alaska and Mexico is liberal land. Any thing goes if it feels good and accept every thing if some one else likes it. Or some thing like that.

All of those places killed of their grizzly and wolves long ago and they harbor groups that want to tell the rest of the states how to deal with their predators. If I could I would take a couple hundred of our brown bears and wolves and give them to places like San rancisco and Seattle and Portland. Let them get some first hand experience with those critters, they can cuddle and name them. It would be fun to watch.

Last edited by 1Akshooter; 03/16/18.
GB1

J
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
J
You Old Timers crack me up....

Please God, give me some good tags this year....
P
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
P
well here in Minnesota we have over 4,000 wolves in the northern 3rd of the state of Minnesota,but these liberal PETA wolf love`n people have a lot of money and have been able to keep these dang wolves federally protected.plus half or more of the people that work for the DNR in Minnesota are liberal PETA wolf lovers, Minnesota deer season is not that good in the northern 3rd of Minnesota because of these wolves ,moose population in the NW part of Minnesota is almost 0 now because of wolf protection,i will agree lets put them in these big cities let them deal with wolves !

LIFE NRA , we vote Red up here, Norseman
R
Campfire Ranger
Online Sleepy
Campfire Ranger
R
Originally Posted by wageslave
Originally Posted by Fireball2
Originally Posted by wageslave
Sorry you saw a wolf track.
They have been in the wallowas for years.
Get used to it, they ain't going away.
Btw,
That pic is sorta like a Bigfoot film.
You need a better phone or camera.

I hunted the Wallowas for many years, and never crossed a track. I've been told they are there. There must not be very damn many considering the hundreds of hours I've glassed and thousands of miles I've traveled there.

Talk to any cowman in Enterprise or Joseph.

I bow hunt in those areas and remember seeing wolves 13 years ago back in those area and ranchers were losing cows to them then

S
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
S
Originally Posted by 673
You guys got a wolf problem hey, say goodbye to your ungulates.
I and many others here in BC never had a chance to say goodbye as these wolves cleaned out the Moose, Mule deer, and Whitetails in many parts of BC, it only took a few years.
Having never had a Wolf issue before most were caught offguard as to how much and many a Wolf will kill, I find out a Wolf will kill 10-15 Elk a year, so a pack will take out alot.
Much of the problem lies with the Wolf loving community that are up in arms over killing any of these predators, does your government bow down to these azzhats or will they do a cull regardless of public opinion?

At least with Oregon and this is just my opinion, but I am far from alone in my opinion...

Oregon Fish & Game unofficially doesn't support hunting at all...

its ran by urbanite liberals who are anti gun and anti hunting...

so let in all the wolves they can, let them wipe out game animals..

and then there will be no reason for for anyone to own guns, according to their way of thinking...

then with that done, they can just sit in the office with their feet up on the desk and drink coffee
and B.S. with each other all day.. like many other state level government employees do in this
state, while their retirement plan (PERS) continues to bankrupt the state, so the democRATS
can keep jacking up taxes to create their liberal utopia....for themselves...at the expense of
everyone else...

"Minus the killings, Washington has one of the lowest crime rates in the Country" Marion Barry, Mayor of Wash DC

“Owning guns is not a right. If it were a right, it would be in the Constitution.” ~Alexandria Ocasio Cortez

IC B2

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by StudDuck
Anyone know if UDAP bear spray would work on them? I've got a daughter who just moved to Oregon and enjoys hiking, especially near Crater Lake.

I think the trouble with that would be multiple targets,

L
las Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
L
Don't run.... A gal up here tried that. Didn't end well for her.

The only true cost of having a dog is its death.

B
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
B
Originally Posted by Seafire
Originally Posted by 673
You guys got a wolf problem hey, say goodbye to your ungulates.
I and many others here in BC never had a chance to say goodbye as these wolves cleaned out the Moose, Mule deer, and Whitetails in many parts of BC, it only took a few years.
Having never had a Wolf issue before most were caught offguard as to how much and many a Wolf will kill, I find out a Wolf will kill 10-15 Elk a year, so a pack will take out alot.
Much of the problem lies with the Wolf loving community that are up in arms over killing any of these predators, does your government bow down to these azzhats or will they do a cull regardless of public opinion?

At least with Oregon and this is just my opinion, but I am far from alone in my opinion...

Oregon Fish & Game unofficially doesn't support hunting at all...

its ran by urbanite liberals who are anti gun and anti hunting...

so let in all the wolves they can, let them wipe out game animals..

and then there will be no reason for for anyone to own guns, according to their way of thinking...

then with that done, they can just sit in the office with their feet up on the desk and drink coffee
and B.S. with each other all day.. like many other state level government employees do in this
state, while their retirement plan (PERS) continues to bankrupt the state, so the democRATS
can keep jacking up taxes to create their liberal utopia....for themselves...at the expense of
everyone else...

That's really about the way it is...

Originally Posted by raybass
I try to stick with the basics, they do so well. Nothing fancy mind you, just plain jane will get it done with style.
Originally Posted by Pharmseller
You want to see an animal drop right now? Shoot him in the ear hole.

BSA MAGA
B
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
B
Originally Posted by Barkoff
Originally Posted by StudDuck
Anyone know if UDAP bear spray would work on them? I've got a daughter who just moved to Oregon and enjoys hiking, especially near Crater Lake.

I think the trouble with that would be multiple targets,

Maybe she needs an AR with a 30 round mag...

Originally Posted by raybass
I try to stick with the basics, they do so well. Nothing fancy mind you, just plain jane will get it done with style.
Originally Posted by Pharmseller
You want to see an animal drop right now? Shoot him in the ear hole.

BSA MAGA
T
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
T
Originally Posted by atse
We once had a set of wolves we were after move 13 air miles in one night.

Schit! They fly too?

Camp is where you make it.
IC B3

A
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
A
Originally Posted by tzone

Schit! They fly too?

No, but I do, that is how we killed em.

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker

Schit! They fly too?

Air Chase.....

How's things Bart? Getting any warm weather yet?

Luck....is the residue of design...
[Linked Image]
A
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
A
Originally Posted by scenarshooter

Schit! They fly too?

Air Chase.....

No, it has been a long winter. Its starting to break a little now but we are still way behind. I snared a wolf in about 3 ft of snow a while back. That was pretty cool. How is the coyote hunting?

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by las
Don't run.... A gal up here tried that. Didn't end well for her.

Interesting write-up on her a while back... the fact she was alone, 4'10", running with ear buds in, and was hit by a split pack...

Mark Begich, Joaquin Jackson, and Heller resistance... Three huge reasons to worry about the NRA.
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by scenarshooter

Schit! They fly too?

Air Chase.....

No, it has been a long winter. Its starting to break a little now but we are still way behind. I snared a wolf in about 3 ft of snow a while back. That was pretty cool. How is the coyote hunting?

Still using snowshoes....

Calf calls coming in like gangbusters.

Luck....is the residue of design...
[Linked Image]
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker

Open carry in Oregon. Must be unloaded in transport UNLESS you can prove transport from or to a hunt or range. Stay unloaded.

Wolf has been spotted on Mount Hood. Have seen some very large coyotes, but no wolf...yet. Came across some large prints, but not conclusive. Illegal in Oregon to kill wolves. Plenty of mountain lions, even near cities.

Don't ask me about my military service or heroic acts...most of it is untrue.

Pronoun: Yes, SIR !
Page 3 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

617 members (222ND, 10Glocks, 1_deuce, 1234, 12344mag, 17CalFan, 73 invisible), 2,568 guests, and 1,248 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,190,669
Posts18,455,958
Members73,909
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.