-->
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 5 of 11 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 10 11
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
As I've said before, I rarely put much stock in negative reviews. Some people are just [bleep] and aren't happy regardless. Not saying that's the case here, but without the facts to make my own mind up, a negative review means nothing.

All you have to do is look at the topics in the campfire to see all the stupid bitching people do. One person was mad at Cabelas because he didn't pay his credit card on time and they raised his interest rate as per the CC agreement. One guy was mad at FedEx because he ordered something and then immediately left town for the week. When FedEx tried to deliver it 3 days in a row while he was out of town, somehow that was FedEx's fault. One guy bad mouths his butcher because he keeps calling him to come pick up his sausage because he doesn't have room to store it, which is the standard MO for most butchers. SO on and so on, this place has more middle aged snowflakes than I would have ever guessed, so without facts backing up a negative review, it means nothing.

I'll also add I've booked 3 or 4 hunts through Keith, the first about 16 years ago and the last about 9 years ago. The first hunt was disappointing on some levels, but none of which I felt had anything to do with Keith, the other hunts though have created a great friendship with several outfitters, and even a great relationship between my daughter and one of the outfitters son. Things happen, but from my dealings with Keith, I'm confident he would do what he could to make things right.

Don't just be a survivor, be a competitor.
GB1

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
My say is this...You danm sure better have undeniable proof of your bitch before you come before a jury of your Fire peers.

If you don’t, it’s best you lick your own wounds at home...If you want to burn a man and his business for reasons of your own making. Bust out a bigger med kit, cuz you’re gonna bleed some more. 😎

Curiosity Killed the Cat & The Prairie Dog
“Molon Labe”
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
Thing that bugs me, is it appears that Al never ever had a contract with Atchesons.

If i got it right, Al had a conversation with Keith, learned who Keith would set him up with, then probably said I will think about it. Then he went to that outfitter and booked a hunt directly with them. That's kind of like dating the girlfriend of a soldier posted in a combat zone. Bad form. I sure as hell would never ever mention it to Keith. Bad form. Then he has the nerve to ask Keith to call him if a reduced price hunt shows up. If someone did that to me, I'd probably tell them to screw off, don't call me, I'll call you. Keith said that several suggestions were sent by Email, but crickets, no response. Then he's mad when he isn't pampered by Keith? Keith was mean, no rude!

Trying to get even by making this thread. Good grief, talk about little school girl behavior!

With no cause to be mad at Keith, technically Keith never provided a service, so Al never used the business, yet he besmirched the integrity and reputation of Jack Acheson and Sons. That folks, could be construed as slander.

Some say the internet is forever. Al needs to apologize to Keith. Then ask Rick to remove the thread.

Last edited by AB2506; 03/20/19.
M
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
M
Originally Posted by AB2506
Al needs to apologize to Keith. Then ask Rick to remove the thread.

100%

Eat Fish, Wear Grundens, Drink Alaskan.
B
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
B
Originally Posted by MontanaCreekHunter

100%

he needs to apologize in public....on this forum………...ab2506......that is how I read it also...….he never even booked the hunt through the acthesons , but then comes on here and badmouths them.

if al comes on here....apologizes , it sets this mess right...…….bob

IC B2

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by BobMt

100%

he needs to apologize in public....on this forum………...ab2506......that is how I read it also...….he never even booked the hunt through the acthesons , but then comes on here and badmouths them.

Al had contacted me a few times years ago about hunts. Seemed like a good guy but how well do you ever really know somebody from a few phone calls or interaction over a hunting forum? So when this thread was posted I didn’t think a lot of it as it was literally the first negative report I had heard about Atchesons BUT it did come up in conversation with a dear friend of mine in the hunting world. I’m not going to post his name on here but I’m confident that a lot of folks would recognize it. Needless to say I trust and value his opinion. I had to send an apology to him and a copy of the link to him and let him know that he was right, this didn’t happen

[Linked Image]

Hopefully Al, who has apparently had the time to post this a year ago and respond multiple times to discuss how bad of an experience he had is now too busy to respond to any of us or the man he tried to publicly hurt as he hasn’t responded to any of us or the post from Keith Atcheson. Disappointing to say the least and absolute chicken chitt behavior from somebody I thought was a decent guy. I wonder if Al had really thought this through as to what the legal ramifications of writing a bullchitt malicious review are. My friend is the one that brought that up. Interesting though

Al, hopefully you now understand why I’m pissed. My bringing it up to my friend, thank God, was in normal conversation and in passing but you hung me out to dry with your bullshit review. You slandered and intentionally tried to hurt Keith Atcheson and his family and you don’t have the stones to come in here, own up and apologize like a man. GFY Al, repeatedly.....

O
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
O

100%

100%

+1 million

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
This is no different that what Jussie Smollett did. Manufactured a bullshit story to get attention for himself and hurt others in the process

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
More crickets from good ole Yukonal…………………...

G
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
G
Originally Posted by huntsonora

100%

Al had contacted me a few times years ago about hunts. Seemed like a good guy but how well do you ever really know somebody from a few phone calls or interaction over a hunting forum? So when this thread was posted I didn’t think a lot of it as it was literally the first negative report I had heard about Atchesons BUT it did come up in conversation with a dear friend of mine in the hunting world. I’m not going to post his name on here but I’m confident that a lot of folks would recognize it. Needless to say I trust and value his opinion. I had to send an apology to him and a copy of the link to him and let him know that he was right, this didn’t happen

[Linked Image]

Hopefully Al, who has apparently had the time to post this a year ago and respond multiple times to discuss how bad of an experience he had is now too busy to respond to any of us or the man he tried to publicly hurt as he hasn’t responded to any of us or the post from Keith Atcheson. Disappointing to say the least and absolute chicken chitt behavior from somebody I thought was a decent guy. I wonder if Al had really thought this through as to what the legal ramifications of writing a bullchitt malicious review are. My friend is the one that brought that up. Interesting though

Al, hopefully you now understand why I’m pissed. My bringing it up to my friend, thank God, was in normal conversation and in passing but you hung me out to dry with your bullshit review. You slandered and intentionally tried to hurt Keith Atcheson and his family and you don’t have the stones to come in here, own up and apologize like a man. GFY Al, repeatedly.....

Exactly and well said......

- Greg

Success is found at the intersection of planning, hard work, and stubbornness.
IC B3

M
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
M
I am not one for banning people but this case would qualify in my book as worthy for yukonal to be banned from the fire. He is actively on here and posting.He has clearly read all the post.

Yukonal you really need to man up here. What you did is dead wrong. You owe the man a public apology at the very least.

G
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
G
Originally Posted by Atcheson
I'm Keith Atcheson with Jack Atcheson and Sons. We are a hunting consulting business that started in 1955.

Recently, I accidentally came across this post by Al Quast from MI. As other posters mentioned there is likely more to the story. Quast made intentional, lying, and disparaging remarks about myself, our company and even brings my deceased father to the matter. Online forums are no place to resolve issues between 2 parties but it makes for good entertainment except for those involved.

It’s a year old but better late than never.

Here's the timeline. On February 29th 2016 Quast contacted me and requested information on guided MT elk hunting and northern grizzly bear hunting. I responded the same day by sending him information on a hunting area where we have been sending elk hunters for over 50 years. Its changed ownership a few times but it has been a steady producer on branch antlered bulls. It is not represented as a trophy bull elk area though it has produced many. Just a fun high success bull elk hunt. We know the operation well.

Going forward from initial contact, I never heard from Quast again on this hunt until I received the email below on December 20th 2016.

Sent: Tuesday, December 20, 2016 12:03 PM
To: Keith Atcheson
Subject: Re: Elk hunt

Hi Keith,

Just a quick note to let you know I hunted at XXXX Mtn. this Nov., and make sure you get their cut from them...lol

Quite a bit has changed since you hunted with them. XXXX no longer works there, then XXXXX husband took over...and he's out now, too. A new guy guided me, who just started for them this year. He's been in the area all his life.

They were pretty unorganized with the horses after the first day, but seemed to know what they were doing.

I got my bull, a 4 point youngster. I'm plenty happy with him. They obviously(and the guide agreed) overhunted the place. I think my bull was the 20th bull killed in 3 weeks. There were no 5 or 6 points on the ranch when I arrived. The weather was very mild, and having a herd still moving around was a blessing.

There were a couple dozen spikes in the herd, and that should make for some good hunting in a couple years.

We need to talk again this winter sometime, and get me lined up with some hunts in the future. Keep me in mind for a cancellation grizzly hunt, as I'm not prepared to spend $12-$13,000 on a bear hunt.

Thanks again Keith, and Happy Holidays to you and all you guys there.

Al Quast

In his own words this does not sound like a guy that's unhappy or had a poor hunt. Quast booked this hunt directly with the operator. I had zero contact with him financially or on arranging this elk hunt with the outfitter. I did not even know he booked. He's not a client of Jack Atcheson & Sons, period.

This morning, I talked to the outfitter who personally guided Quast, says he shot his bull the first morning of the hunt. So did his brother later in the day. He had more comments as well.

This sets the table with Quast and my experience with him which is very little. Never met the man.

Originally, he wanted some griz hunting options as well. At his request, between the dates of June 17th 2016 and March 21st of 2018 Quast received multiple emails from us representing good bear hunt options. He never acted on any of them and I recall no phone conversations but I talk with a lot of people in this business.

On March 21st 2018 our office receives a written complaint about us not contacting him directly when a " good deal" comes up. I don't like people to be unhappy. I was literally boarding a bush flight in Alaska, gone for 10 days and could not call him. While still able, I apologized to him in a written response and told him it certainly was not intentional. I had not heard from this guy for a long time. I told him, " instead of complaining and blaming me he should consider some great hunts that were open right then and there for great pricing." My office gave him information immediately and the outfitters numbers.

Come to find out a year later, he did not like my tone but I don’t have much interest in people like this for reasons that seem obvious. Fast forward, not liking my response on entirely another issue, goes on line a year and a half later and lies to damage our reputation.

The last thing Quast wrote to me was, “ You think I'm a small fish but the pen is mightier than the sword.” Then he went to the internet.

Reading this again really pisses me off. And not even a client. Getting free info and then going straight to the ranch and booking not having to pay Atcheson. Then on the internet years later bitching about the place he got the info from, for free.....unreal.....

A cheapskate and chickenchit.....

Don't think there's time to man up now Al....

- Greg

Success is found at the intersection of planning, hard work, and stubbornness.
D
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
D
A vicious ambush without sustainable credibility is never in good taste, never pretty.

Just part of the innanet era, I guess...

People need to think twice, then post...

DF

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by yukonal
I recently had a disappointing elk hunt, booked thru them. They lied about the guide/outfitter, misrepresented how the horseback hunt would be conducted, and then have not followed through on how a future hunt would be arranged.

When I finally contacted Keith today, he was belligerent, and rude in his response to me concerning the way I've been treated. Jack Sr would rip Keith a new one, if he were still around.

Heads up for any of you considering booking thru them. There is a good chance it would not play out as described by them.

Originally Posted by yukonal
Originally Posted by BWalker
Why post this months after the hunt? Just curious.

A wise man tries to calm down, and not make a huge deal out of the experience, after getting hosed. And, Jack Sr. made that company a reputable service. I have a hand signed book from him that I treasure. But, after trying to give them a second chance to see if the first was a fluke, and getting lied to again...I see a pattern. And thought I would pass on a warning. Nothing more. Live and learn.

More details would do no one any good, as I'm not looking for any resolution. I just won't spend anymore of my hard earned money with a dishonest company. We've all heard it dozens of times...a father builds a business up to a great company, with an excellent reputation, and when the kids take over...they drive it into the ground.

I have had some excellent outfitted hunts in recent years. This one, and the recent one that almost happened, were not as represented. That's my [calm] wording. Most of all, the way Keith Atcheson replied to my concerns, really set me off. A little, disrespectful POS.

I, too, hope this isn't a sign of things to come, with this company. And Scott, thank you for the kind words.

For those of you just catching up let me summarize....

Al talks to Atcheson's booking agency and finds out who they recommend for an elk hunt. Al doesn't use Atcheson's to book the actual hunt, goes behind their back and then rips them for no apparent reason and went so far as to tell a man that he's trying to ruin that his deceased father would "rip him a new one" and he calls the same man, of whom he was NOT a client, "A little, disrespectful POS" and for what? You felt disrespected because a guy you went around wasn't personally sending you the very best deals he had?

Jesus Christ, when you go back further than Keiths classy response it gets worse

I'm not normally stunned at things I see but this is absolutely stunning. Its pathetic, its chickenchitt, it might actually be the dirtiest attempt of character assassination I have ever seen.

C
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
C
Wow. Amazing how some people operate.

T
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
T
I knew Jack Sr. personally and considered him a friend. In fact I've quoted Jack several times on this (24HCF) site when I needed to provide some wise words about hunting to someone. I have had good experiences with Atchesons and have sent many people to them. I've never heard a complaint in return.
Book where you want, but Atchesons won't steer you wrong.

"Be sure you're right. Then go ahead." Fess Parker as Davy Crockett
W
WAM Offline
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
W
This whole saga is pretty disgusting and petty. This Al character must feel pretty lousy about himself to go internet commando on the Atchesons. I pity him....

Life Member NRA, RMEF, American Legion, MAGA. Not necessarily in that order.
B
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
B
Originally Posted by WAM
This whole saga is pretty disgusting and petty. This Al character must feel pretty lousy about himself to go internet commando on the Atchesons. I pity him....

I think ….AL QUAST......from MI....overplayed his hand, thinks he is more important than he is.....probably thought he wasn't getting his ass kissed ...so he was going to teach them a lesson.

how is that teaching moment working out for you......AL QUAST ?...…...GregW...is right...time has run out on coming clean.

rereading what ….AL QUAST from MI wrote....no amount of apologizing would work.....bob

M
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
M
Originally Posted by WAM

I think ….AL QUAST......from MI....overplayed his hand, thinks he is more important than he is.....probably thought he wasn't getting his ass kissed ...so he was going to teach them a lesson.

how is that teaching moment working out for you......AL QUAST ?...…...GregW...is right...time has run out on coming clean.

rereading what ….AL QUAST from MI wrote....no amount of apologizing would work.....bob

I think he is from Minnesota at least that's what is profile says.

B
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
B

mch….thanks for the correction......I was going by what I read in the acthesons post.

if this is the case......I want to apologize to MI...……….see how easy that is.....bob

Page 5 of 11 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 10 11

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

295 members (2ndwind, 338reddog, 10gaugemag, 1minute, 1_deuce, 10ring1, 36 invisible), 2,525 guests, and 1,221 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,190,714
Posts18,457,051
Members73,909
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.