Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 1 of 11 1 2 3 10 11
yukonal Offline OP
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
I recently had a disappointing elk hunt, booked thru them. They lied about the guide/outfitter, misrepresented how the horseback hunt would be conducted, and then have not followed through on how a future hunt would be arranged.

When I finally contacted Keith today, he was belligerent, and rude in his response to me concerning the way I've been treated. Jack Sr would rip Keith a new one, if he were still around.

Heads up for any of you considering booking thru them. There is a good chance it would not play out as described by them.

Originally Posted by archie_james_c
I should have just
bought a [bleep] T3...

GB1

R
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
R
It’s a shame to be treated like that when guided hunts are so expensive.

I hunted Antelope last year with Sagebrush Hunts guided by Jeremy Gugelmeyer in Dalhart, Tx. Nothing was misrepresented. The food was top notch. And, he tailored the hunt to my bad knee. It was fun & definitely a full experience. I feel like I got more than I paid for.

Last edited by Reloder28; 03/21/18.

"I never thought I'd live to see the day that a U.S. president would raise an army to invade his own country."
Robert E. Lee
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
I am unsure if Jack is still alive or not but i can tell you he was / is a hell of a man. Hope this gets worked out.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Thats a shame, I always thought using them would almost guarantee a good experience.
Once upon a time, booking agents were almost the only way to find an outfitter.
Not now, shows give you a chance to talk face to face, the Internet is everything at your fingers.

They better fix this fast, customer service is all they can offer today.

Parents who say they have good kids..Usually don't!
Campfire Greenhorn
Campfire Greenhorn
Agreed...

w/out going into Detail, They definitely have progressed backwards over the last several Years.....

IC B2

S
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
S
"Progressed backwards," I'm gonna steal that one.

A wise man is frequently humbled.

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by smokepole

LOL, I was thinking the same thing. He's channeling Yogi Berra.

“Perfection is Achieved Not When There Is Nothing More to Add, But When There Is Nothing Left to Take Away” Antoine de Saint-Exupery
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by 6MMWASP
I am unsure if Jack is still alive or not but i can tell you he was / is a hell of a man. Hope this gets worked out.

http://mtstandard.com/news/local/ob...04dc3d6-de27-5c33-9f29-5f53f434223d.html

Campfire Savant
Campfire Savant
Progressed backwards is a good term. I’m stealing it too.

O
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
O
I only ever used one booking agent. Ill never use another. Lies and deception were the order of the day.

"Political Correctness is a doctrine, fostered by a delusional, illogical minority, and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a turd by the clean end."
IC B3

B
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
B
Originally Posted by yukonal
I recently had a disappointing elk hunt, booked thru them. They lied about the guide/outfitter, misrepresented how the horseback hunt would be conducted, and then have not followed through on how a future hunt would be arranged.

When I finally contacted Keith today, he was belligerent, and rude in his response to me concerning the way I've been treated. Jack Sr would rip Keith a new one, if he were still around.

Heads up for any of you considering booking thru them. There is a good chance it would not play out as described by them.

Why post this months after the hunt? Just curious.

Last edited by BWalker; 03/22/18.
T
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
T
What is a booking agent?

R
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
R
I'd be interested, I think, to read what was promised and what was not delivered. Usually those threads get interesting.

We can keep Larry Root and all his idiotic blabber and user names on here, but we can't get Ralph back..... Whiskey Tango Foxtrot, over....
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Well, these sorts of posts are generally a guy signing up (joining here) for the sole purpose of bagging on an outfitter.

I haven't seen Al around here much lately but I know him well enough (here and outside the campfire) that if he tells me it's raining, I'm packing a raincoat.

[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]

WWP53D
O
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
O
Originally Posted by TimberRunner
What is a booking agent?

Someone that handles the advertising and arranging the dates of your hunt. They may have more than one property at their disposal. Their sole purpose is to fill all the available hunt dates per property. Usually employed by ranches to do the scheduling,freeing up the land owners time to tend to his own business. All for a fee. In my case he was smooth. Like silk. And lied like there was no tomorrow.

Our party were promised use of showers,and access to the whole 10,000 acre ranch. It came to pass that we weren't allowed to use the showers,and were barred from all the good roost timber on the ranch. We were Turkey hunting. The caretaker of the ranch said that particular pasture was reserved for some guys from General Motors, who entertain business guests there. So,we drove on down to Sonora and showered at a motel. We sat in camp not 200 yards from pasture 2B, and listened to Turkey on the roost in the evenings. I did shoot one Rio. At distance with a rifle I'd brought for hog hunting. It was the only bird taken that week between 3 camps of hunters. One fella across the road from us, was there for the last bird of his grand slam. He was praying for our booking agent to pop in for a visit. Don't think he wanted to talk much though. Lesson learned.

"Political Correctness is a doctrine, fostered by a delusional, illogical minority, and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a turd by the clean end."
R
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
R

You do realize the word is regressed, right?

"I never thought I'd live to see the day that a U.S. president would raise an army to invade his own country."
Robert E. Lee
P
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
P
Originally Posted by Reloder28

You do realize the word is regressed, right?

Don't be that guy.

P

Obey lawful commands. Video interactions. Hold bad cops accountable. Problem solved.

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~

Member #547
Join date 3/09/2001
Campfire Greenhorn
Campfire Greenhorn
(YES, .....saw the BlatantlyObvious Grammer Blasphemy, ...and thinking a Hug, Therapy, and a SnoFlake Shaped Lollipop in Your Likeness would Right the Unjustifiable Incursion on Your Encroached PersonalSpace, that You feel so Violated and Molested within)

PLEASE accept My sincere heartfelt Apology

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
This is a bummer to hear.

Jack Atcheson is a pioneer in the booking industry and a Montana legend. Always thought his boys would carry that legacy on with his high standards.

I hope it is just an isolated incident?

Originally Posted by Judman
PS, if you think Trump is “good” you’re way stupider than I thought! Haha

Sorry, trump is a no tax payin pile of shiit.
J
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
J
Originally Posted by rost495
I'd be interested, I think, to read what was promised and what was not delivered. Usually those threads get interesting.

More details would be helpful

Ping pong balls for the win.
Once you've wrestled everything else in life is easy. Dan Gable
I keep my circle small, I’d rather have 4 quarters than 100 pennies.

Ain’t easy havin pals.
Page 1 of 11 1 2 3 10 11

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

552 members (1OntarioJim, 224th, 222Sako, 204guy, 222ND, 10gaugeman, 37 invisible), 1,986 guests, and 1,111 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,065
Posts18,463,483
Members73,923
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.