Print Thread
Hop To
Page 1 of 2 1 2
S
Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
S
He died a billionaire at 56yrs of Pancreatic Cancer and here are his last words on the sick bed:

"I reached the pinnacle of success in the business world. In others’ eyes my life is an epitome of success.
However, aside from work, I have little joy. In the end, wealth is only a fact of life that I am accustomed to.

At this moment, lying on the sick bed and recalling my whole life, I realize that all the recognition and wealth that I took so much pride in, have paled and become meaningless in the face of impending death.

You can employ someone to drive the car for you, make money for you but you cannot have someone to bear the sickness for you.
Material things lost can be found. But there is one thing that can never be found when it is lost – "Life".

When a person goes into the operating room, he will realize that there is one book that he has yet to finish reading – "Book of Healthy Life".

Whichever stage in life we are at right now, with time, we will face the day when the curtain comes down.

Treasure Love for your family, love for your spouse, love for your friends..

Treat yourself well. Cherish others.

As we grow older, and hence wiser, we slowly realize that wearing a $300 or $30 watch - they both tell the same time...

Whether we carry a $300 or $30 wallet/handbag - the amount of money inside is the same;
Whether we drive a $150,000 car or a $30,000 car, the road and distance is the same, and we get to the same destination.

Whether we drink a bottle of $300 or $10 wine - the hangover is the same;

Whether the house we live in is 300 or 3000 sq ft - loneliness is the same.

You will realize, your true inner happiness does not come from the material things of this world.

Whether you fly first or economy class, if the plane goes down - you go down with it...

Therefore.. I hope you realize, when you have mates, buddies and old friends, brothers and sisters, who you chat with, laugh with, talk with, have sing songs with, talk about north-south-east-west or heaven and earth, .... That is true happiness!!"

Five Undeniable Facts of Life :

1. Don't educate your children to be rich. Educate them to be Happy. So when they grow up they will know the value of things not the price.

2. Best awarded words in London ... "Eat your food as your medicines. Otherwise you have to eat medicines as your food."

3. The One who loves you will never leave you for another because even if there are 100 reasons to give up he or she will find one reason to hold on.

4. There is a big difference between a human being and being human.
Only a few really understand it.

5. You are loved when you are born. You will be loved when you die. In between, You have to manage!

NOTE: If you just want to Walk Fast, Walk Alone! But if you want to Walk Far, Walk Together!

Six Best Doctors in the World
1. Sunlight
2. Rest
3. Exercise
4. Diet
5. Self Confidence and
6. Friends

Maintain them in all stages of Life and enjoy a healthy life.

Sent with Smiles, Affection and Love !!

"Civilized men are more discourteous than savages because they know they can be impolite without having their skulls split, as a general thing."
Robert E. Howard
GB1

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Well, I for one certainly hope alla that is true grin

One thing he shoulda added “and when we die all of our posts on the ‘Fire just scroll on down the pages and are lost....”

"...if the gentlemen of Virginia shall send us a dozen of their sons, we would take great care in their education, instruct them in all we know, and make men of them." Canasatego 1744
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Paul Newman's last words in the movie "Hombre" were "we all die, it's just a matter of when." That's a fact, and no amount of money in the world is going to prevent it. Money can be good, or it can be bad. I don't want to have to live without any, and I don't want so much that I let it change me, because I know people who are only concerned with one thing, and that's the almighty dollar.

I have all I need, and probably all I want. Would I like to be filthy rich, and be able to buy anything I wanted......it would be nice, but can I live without it, and the answer is yes, so I figure if you can live without it, then you don't really need it.

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Jobs only looked at the physical and in the end, no matter how good you eat, how much you exercise, etc., we all have the seed of death planted within us. We literally are, the walking dead. The answer is spiritual. The answer is God, Jesus Christ.

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by EthanEdwards
Jobs only looked at the physical and in the end, no matter how good you eat, how much you exercise, etc., we all have the seed of death planted within us. We literally are, the walking dead. The answer is spiritual. The answer is God, Jesus Christ.
Agreed. I read that and that was my 1st thought.

“In a time of deceit telling the truth is a revolutionary act.”
― George Orwell

It's not over when you lose. It's over when you quit.
IC B2

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
$150,000 or a $30,000

ninja please

I drive a $300 car laugh

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
But yes, I always think of George Vanderbilt

Built the largest home in America and died about 5 yrs later due to appendicitis. Even a podunk hospital could handle that today with 99% success.

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Death may not be as cumbersome as eternal life.

I was born about ten thousand years ago
There ain't nothin' in this world that I don't know
I saw Peter, Paul and Moses playing ring-around-the-roses
And I'll whup the guy what says it isn't so

Well I'm just a lonesome traveler, a great historical bum
Highly educated, through history I have come
I built the Rock of Ages, it was in the year of One
And that's about the biggest thing that man has ever done

I saw Adam and Eve a-driven from the door
I'm the guy that pick the fig leaves that they wore
And from behind the bushes peeping, saw the apple they were eating
And I'll swear that I'm the one that ate the core

Now, I built the Garden of Eden, it was in the year of Two
Joined the Apple Pickers Union, and I always paid my due
I'm the man that signed the contract to raise the Rising Sun

I taught Samson how to use his mighty hand
I showed Columbus to this happy land
And for Pharaoh's little kiddies I built all the pyramiddies
And to the Sahara carried all the sand

Now, I was straw boss on the pyramids, and the Tower of Babel too
I opened up the ocean, let the migrant children through
I fought a million battles and I never lost a one

I taught Solomon his little A-B-C's
I'm the first one that ate Limburger cheese
And while floating down the bay with Methuselah one day
I saw his whiskers floating in the breeze

Now, I fought the Revolution that set this country free
It was me and a couple of Indians that dumped the Boston tea
I won the battle of Valley Forge and the battle of Bully Run
And that's about the biggest thing that men has ever done

Well, Queen Elizabeth, she fell in love with me
We were married in Milwaukee secretly
But I got tired and shook her and ran off with General Hooker
To go shooting skeeters down in Tennessee

I was born about ten thousand years ago
There ain't nothin' in this world that I don't know
I saw Peter, Paul and Moses playing ring-around-the-roses
And I'll whup the guy what says it isn't so

Well I'm just a lonesome traveler, a great historical bum
Highly educated, through history I have come
I built the Rock of Ages, it was in the year of One
And that's about the biggest thing Man has ever done

Apologies to Woody Guthrie...........

Last edited by DigitalDan; 03/22/18.

I am..........disturbed.

Concerning the difference between man and the jackass: some observers hold that there isn't any. But this wrongs the jackass. -Twain

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Small world: myself and steve jobs had the same transplant surgeon.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Jobs chose to go a holistically healing route as opposed to traditional medicine which looking back he admitted was a mistake and could have prolonged his life considerably.

I'm sure in the last moments he had of being coherent he could have said many things, but it was widely reported that his his last words were Oh, wow, wow, wow

have you paid your dues, can you moan the blues, can you bend them guitar strings
IC B3

R
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
R
While making arrangements with a middle aged widow (retired undertaker), I remember her telling me she will ALWAYS remember her parting husband's last words.

Suspecting profound love or admission of some kind, I asked her to expand.

"Well, he and I were casting for salmon on a Great Lakes pier", she snuffled, "and Joe had hooked into a big one. As he fell backward the victim of a heart attack, he yelled out in a loud voice, THE SOB GOT OFF!"

I kid you not.

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by KFWA
Jobs chose to go a holistically healing route as opposed to traditional medicine which looking back he admitted was a mistake and could have prolonged his life considerably.

I'm sure in the last moments he had of being coherent he could have said many things, but it was widely reported that his his last words were Oh, wow, wow, wow
I had a very good friend do that. He was a chiropractor. The holistic thing probably put him in his grave far earlier than real medicine would have.

“In a time of deceit telling the truth is a revolutionary act.”
― George Orwell

It's not over when you lose. It's over when you quit.
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Hmmmm I wouldn't exactly call UT-Methodist Le Bonheur Hospital Liver Transplant Clinic in Memphis a holistic form of medicine.

Last edited by slumlord; 03/22/18.
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
he put off the traditional recommended treatment for 9 months to try alternative medicine and to eat a healing diet. I didn't mean to imply he completely rejected traditional medicine.

Last edited by KFWA; 03/22/18.

have you paid your dues, can you moan the blues, can you bend them guitar strings
G
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
G
Originally Posted by slumlord
Hmmmm I wouldn't exactly call UT-Methodist Le Bonheur Hospital Liver Transplant Clinic in Memphis a holistic form of medicine.

Exactly. Jobs had a surgery called the Whipple procedure. I know this because my dad died 6 years ago from pancreatic cancer.

"Also known as pancreaticoduodenectomy, the Whipple procedure involves removal of the "head" (wide part) of the pancreas next to the first part of the small intestine (duodenum). It also involves removal of the duodenum, a portion of the common bile duct, gallbladder, and sometimes part of the stomach."

S
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
S
I work so I can make the choice between "Fancy Feast" and the generic equivalent when I retire...

NRA Life Member
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
I think it was maybe Lady Astor reporting that "even with riches one lived it misery. It sure made miser a lot more fun though."

Last edited by 1minute; 03/22/18.

1Minute
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular

NGAF

To play the game, you first gotta have game. - Ike Turner

F
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
F
Nice but fake. Another one of those misattributed email chains.

Seriously folks it’s not 1998.

"Maybe we're all happy."

"Go to the sporting goods store. From the files, obtain form 4473. These will contain descriptions of weapons and lists of private ownership."
R
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
R
Originally Posted by Seminole39

NGAF

Tormenting a former friend whom.is a transplant patient with plenty of post o.o complications.

Seminole39 and bosshawg and all their socks puppets....

Been identified numerous times......

Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

108 members (10gaugemag, 35sambar, 358WCF, 673, 450yukon, 19rabbit52, 14 invisible), 1,603 guests, and 881 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,279
Posts18,467,656
Members73,928
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.