Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 2 of 14 1 2 3 4 13 14
65BR Offline OP
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
Yes, read mixed reviews. And had read that article, the jury is out, as JP says, it was pre-production, so they said.

A sample of one is not the last word so......the G43 - looks nice and many like it, but I've shot one a few different times, me and the owner just cannot get warmed up on it. A CW9 shot circles around it, but everyone shoots a handgun different. I'd not be surprised a few competitors try bringing out platform with the same capacity as the Sig, with similar spec/features.

Time will tell. I bet Sig will make either a 2.0 or another model to bridge the gap for those wanting either more grip to hang on to, or barrel length. I know there are longer mags...

BP-B2

D
dla Offline
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
D
Originally Posted by jimmyp

TO the man that said anyone that did not like keltec's was stupid. I owned that very poorly made 9mm gun and it went back to keltec twice for the trigger not resetting. Its a shame that people post anything on this forum these days, even those with limited knowledge and experience

If you cant read, you shouldn't own a Kel-Tec.

W
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
W
JP:

Kurtenbach had two (2) 365's, according to the article. The first one was a POS and he sent it back to SIG, who claimed he got a "pre-production" pistol by mistake. After some Mea Culpas, Sig sent him another 365, this one a production version. He still had multiple issues with that one. It's all in the article. YMMV. Personally, I have no interest in a 365. Good luck with yours, however.

B
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
B
No doubt the 365 has had, has issues with some people, including myself, Failure of slide to lock back on last round, a few times. And aggressively inserting a full mag slide went into battery. I have just over 300 rounds out of it. My issues concern me but not enough for me to give up on it. I am hoping this Sunday to put a couple hundred more rounds out of the gun and see what happens. It has never failed to fire it is never Failed to go into battery,( only 300 rounds ). There’s no doubt in my mind that whatever issues plague 365, in time will be rectified. That being said if you want to purchase a 365 and be totally confident with it you might want to wait. It’s A amazing little pistol with 11 rounds of 9 mm. with a 12 round mag it’s a totally different animal, the way it feels and the weight shoots, 13 rounds in that little package absolutely blows my mind. I don’t mind being a guinea pig, I’m not betting my life on it yet.

J
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
J
I am simply reporting my findings.

IC B2

JOG Offline
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by Winchestermodel70
JP:

Kurtenbach had two (2) 365's, according to the article. The first one was a POS and he sent it back to SIG, who claimed he got a "pre-production" pistol by mistake. After some Mea Culpas, Sig sent him another 365, this one a production version. He still had multiple issues with that one. It's all in the article. YMMV. Personally, I have no interest in a 365. Good luck with yours, however.

Frankly, you're FOS. I read the article - the first pistol broke a tritium dial and Sig replaced it with the version with the X-ray sights. Kurtenbach mentioned being careful of hand placement, but that's hardly unusual with a small pistol. Everything else is very complimentary.

It’s hard not to be impressed by the gun’s capacity. Sure, it’s a bit snappy with heavier loads, and it requires a little practice to shoot quickly, but for such a little gun to hold so much ammunition and still “disappear” into a concealment holster beneath a loose T-shirt, it really challenges the perception that concealment requires compromise. Kurtenbach

American Rifleman - P365

Forgive me my nonsense, as I also forgive the nonsense of those that think they talk sense.
Robert Frost
J
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
J
Originally Posted by dla

TO the man that said anyone that did not like keltec's was stupid. I owned that very poorly made 9mm gun and it went back to keltec twice for the trigger not resetting. Its a shame that people post anything on this forum these days, even those with limited knowledge and experience

What did you mean that anyone that did not like Keltec's was stupid? I can read, and I owned the gun that someone else reviewed where you posted his review? It failed twice and had to go back to the factory twice, it was not that accurate.

D
dla Offline
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
D
Originally Posted by dla

What did you mean that anyone that did not like Keltec's was stupid? I can read, and I owned the gun that someone else reviewed where you posted his review? It failed twice and had to go back to the factory twice, it was not that accurate.

Fail.

J
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
J
So do you own a keltec doa?

D
dla Offline
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
D
Move on - you're too stupid.

IC B3

JOG Offline
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by BamBam
And aggressively inserting a full mag slide went into battery.

Lots of Glock shooters view that as a feature.

Forgive me my nonsense, as I also forgive the nonsense of those that think they talk sense.
Robert Frost
J
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
J
Originally Posted by dla

There are several truism's in life that continue to resonate despite the autonomy that the internet has given small men. The first is that someone that has nothing more to give than to personally attack another man when discussing a technical, religious, or political issue is simply out of intellectual ammunition. The second is that those that practice this trait would not have the courage to do it in person.

W
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
W
Originally Posted by dla

There are several truism's in life that continue to resonate despite the autonomy that the internet has given small men. The first is that someone that has nothing more to give than to personally attack another man when discussing a technical, religious, or political issue is simply out of intellectual ammunition. The second is that those that practice this trait would not have the courage to do it in person.

Truer words were never spoken. Well said!

B
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
B
Originally Posted by JOG
Originally Posted by BamBam
And aggressively inserting a full mag slide went into battery.

Lots of Glock shooters view that as a feature.

Funny, and true. My Glock 19 and 23 has done that occasionally, But none of my other Glock’s. I don’t think it’s inherently bad But I would rather have a gun That does it predictably. Hopefully tomorrow I’ll be able to put a couple hundred rounds out of it. if it Does it consistently I would consider it a feature. I think my thumb might be hitting the slide release on the occasions that my slide does not lock back on the last round. Tomorrow I will pay special attention to that.

S
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
S
Originally Posted by 65BR
I guess time will tell on the Sig, for a long term track record.

No doubt the Sig has much going for it, if it fits one's hand and is reliable. Heard many good things, a few reviews have seen a few bobbles.

So if the Sig were not around, what would be your fave pick? Perhaps the Shield, or a small Glock?

I know there are a few Kahr CW9 and PM9 fans......

I like the Shield. I have a super aggressive grip and find it’s size accommodating to my grip, any smaller and the gun(s) become harder and harder to shoot. I’d like to handle the 365 but in general I don’t buy completely new designs on their first year.

M
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
M
I'd roll with the Glock. No slight on the Sig 365.

The Glock is the trigger my brain knows well. I bought a Kahr a while back. Nice little pistol too, but I don't like the trigger. It's not a bad trigger, but more akin to a DA revolver. Quite different than a Glock trigger.

So, Glock for me.

T
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
T
Originally Posted by MontanaMarine

The Glock is the trigger my brain knows well. I bought a Kahr a while back. Nice little pistol too, but I don't like the trigger. It's not a bad trigger, but more akin to a DA revolver. Quite different than a Glock trigger.

So, Glock for me.

Agreed. The Kahr's trigger is akin to a double action revolver. That's why I liked it so much back when they were first introduced. I had a lot of range time in with double action revolvers, and it was an easy transition.

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by The_Real_Hawkeye

So, Glock for me.

Agreed. The Kahr's trigger is akin to a double action revolver. That's why I liked it so much back when they were first introduced. I had a lot of range time in with double action revolvers, and it was an easy transition.

never understood why that was such a compliment. a double action revolver trigger is the most difficult I know of to shoot well. You have no idea when the trigger is going to break it just keeps getting heavier. I was doing a 3d 270 degree simulator, they present different situations to you. one was a guy who had a hostage with a knife to her throat. I was using their glock 19, which is a real gun but with the barrel removed and electronic stuff replacing it. I have shot glock enough that when the guy was waving his hand around, and moving around with the girl as he was yelling. I had my gun pointed and the first stage of the trigger taken up against the wall of the second stage. as soon as his head cleared the girls I squeeze off a round right to the head of the perp. you are NOT doing that with a double action revolver. no way no how.

Campfire Regular
Online Content
Campfire Regular
I have owned several Glocks (still have a 19) but never really cared for them. I prefer shooting 1911s. I was carrying a Kimber CDP until I tried the Sig M11. The Sig SRT feels perfect to me. I would like to try the 320 and 365, but don’t see how they could be better than the M11.

Who is John Galt?
S
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
S
Originally Posted by cumminscowboy
Originally Posted by The_Real_Hawkeye

So, Glock for me.

never understood why that was such a compliment. a double action revolver trigger is the most difficult I know of to shoot well. You have no idea when the trigger is going to break it just keeps getting heavier. I was doing a 3d 270 degree simulator, they present different situations to you. one was a guy who had a hostage with a knife to her throat. I was using their glock 19, which is a real gun but with the barrel removed and electronic stuff replacing it. I have shot glock enough that when the guy was waving his hand around, and moving around with the girl as he was yelling. I had my gun pointed and the first stage of the trigger taken up against the wall of the second stage. as soon as his head cleared the girls I squeeze off a round right to the head of the perp. you are NOT doing that with a double action revolver. no way no how.

Ok

"Dear Lord, save me from Your followers"
Page 2 of 14 1 2 3 4 13 14

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
YB23

Who's Online Now
429 members (10ring1, 1lesfox, 300jimmy, 160user, 257 mag, 1lessdog, 43 invisible), 2,154 guests, and 926 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,187,595
Posts18,398,070
Members73,815
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.