Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 12 of 13 1 2 10 11 12 13
Campfire Savant
Online Content
Campfire Savant
There is lots of crazy bitches out there! Some people think someone else is supposed to make them happy. Only you can make yourself happy. Your spouse is never going to be perfect, you aren’t! Some people expect too much!

Last edited by hanco; 03/23/18.
GB1

M
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
M
I've been through the big D twice so I feel your pain brother. If you got no kids with her it'll be a $hitload easier than if you do. If you do prepare to go through hell.

Current GF is the best ever. Never knew it could be this good. Except for hunting and shooting (which she's OK with) we're just about on the same line on the same page with everything.

All women are CRAZY! You just gotta find your flavor.

Some people are educated beyond their intelligence.
S
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
S
Originally Posted by rockinbbar
Don't pick a wife...

Let her pick you. smile

Seriously.

whew. glad I never took that advice.
I had a couple of them pick me.
One of them got mad when she didn't get an engagement ring for Christmas during my first year of college, and I had about 4 more to go.
She wanted to be married by summer. She was hurt.
Evidently, not as much about me, or so it seems.
She wanted to be married, but it seems "the who to" wasn't that important.
She cheated on me within 3 months and married the guy she cheated on me with before Fall.
She is a cow now. Udderly ugly.

Another was just awful. She knew we'd be together forever. It didn't take long for me to know we wouldn't. I regret ever meeting her.

Can't understand why I was dating either, except the first one was one of my best friends.
I never pictured me marrying either, but kept dating them too long.

When I met Lana, I never questioned whether I would marry her. I knew I would.
We dated 3 months when I gave her the ring. We were married 3-4 months later.

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by websterparish47
Originally Posted by hookeye
Met mine at NYE party.
I was friggin' hammered, she hadn't had a drop.

Was married about 12 yrs when she went nuts.
5 yrs later she and the kids came back..........did not remarry her.
Been back another 11 yrs.
She might stay, might split............I dunno. Part of me cares, part of me doesn't.

At 12 1/2 years mine " found Jesus" and realized I wasn't him. After five more marriages, I hear she's still looking.

Hayes Carll? Is that you????

Originally Posted by shrapnel
I probably hit more elk with a pickup than you have with a rifle.

Originally Posted by JohnBurns
I have yet to see anyone claim Leupold has never had to fix an optic. I know I have sent a few back. 2 MK 6s, a VX-6, and 3 VX-111s.
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by rphguy

Ugly udders? laugh

Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla!
IC B2

J
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
J
Originally Posted by rockinbbar
Originally Posted by rphguy

Ugly udders? laugh

Definitely makes it as "description of the day", doesn't it.

These are my opinions, feel free to disagree.
G
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
G
Originally Posted by blairvt
Where did you find her? Mine wants a divorce as quick as possible after 5 years. Tough pill to swallow.

Damnit! sorry to hear this, met mine in church, had been holding the songbook for Mom on Mothers Day Sunday weekend, noticed a beautiful young lady in a dress and heels singing like an angel with the most joyously pleasant look on her face I'd ever seen, she bent slightly to return her hymnal to the rack, turned and smiled at me with those big bright green eyes, I got week kneed and damn near fell in the floor, I asked Mom at the conclusion of the singing, who is that girl? "oh. she's in our adult Sunday School class and is single"

I said, if you'll give her my phone number, I'll handle the rest! smile I showed up two weeks later on my Hog and took her out for fajitas, cold beer, and a three hour ride to nowhere and back, and so it was to be, I'm a dead lucky non-deserving sack of chit, but I'll take it.

Hope you can find a good one too.

Trump Won!
K
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
K
Met mine 20 years ago at a bar. A friend who was not exactly a lady's man had a blind date with her roommate. She went with the roommate for moral support and 5-6 of us went to laugh at my buddy and try to c block him. She threw a quarter at me as she thought i was being a jerk so we started talking.

I make it a point to do two "acts of kindness" for her a week. Actually keep a checklist on my phone to make sure I don't forget. Could be something simple like me just making dinner and doing the dishes or leaving work early to pick up the kids so she doesn't have too. Nothing major, but I've found that its too easy to get caught up in the daily grind and take one another for granted.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by Kellywk

I make it a point to do two "acts of kindness" for her a week. Actually keep a checklist on my phone to make sure I don't forget. Could be something simple like me just making dinner and doing the dishes or leaving work early to pick up the kids so she doesn't have too. Nothing major, but I've found that its too easy to get caught up in the daily grind and take one another for granted.

I should do that

have you paid your dues, can you moan the blues, can you bend them guitar strings
J
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
J

Originally Posted by KFWA
Originally Posted by Kellywk

I should do that

I do...I leave my good wife to have some peace and quite.

These are my opinions, feel free to disagree.
IC B3

H
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
H
Originally Posted by websterparish47
Originally Posted by hookeye
Met mine at NYE party.
I was friggin' hammered, she hadn't had a drop.

Was married about 12 yrs when she went nuts.
5 yrs later she and the kids came back..........did not remarry her.
Been back another 11 yrs.
She might stay, might split............I dunno. Part of me cares, part of me doesn't.

At 12 1/2 years mine " found Jesus" and realized I wasn't him. After five more marriages, I hear she's still looking.

Lots of Messicans with that name...........think she's searching for something else wink

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Met mine in HS when I was 16. Almost stood her up on our first date as Dad let me ditch school that day to go deer hunting. She was okay with going to a movie later that night. Been together every since.

Campfire Savant
Online Content
Campfire Savant
I spend Tuesday afternoon doing some kind of house cleaning when I get home. She appreciates that. A little bit goes a long way sometimes.

D
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
D
my mother introduced me to my future wife 28 yrs ago. been married almost 27 yrs.
At times it takes work to be the other half of a good marriage, but well worth it.

T
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
T
Originally Posted by gunner500

I said, if you'll give her my phone number, I'll handle the rest! smile I showed up two weeks later on my Hog and took her out for fajitas, cold beer, and a three hour ride to nowhere and back, and so it was to be, I'm a dead lucky non-deserving sack of chit, but I'll take it.

Hope you can find a good one too.

You and me both brother. It took me til the second time to get it right but I damn sure did.

Camp is where you make it.
S
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
S
1st marriage - Tonya -was with a girl I went to middle school with, met her again in 11th grade and ended up shacking up in an apartment, got married at 19, she cheated, divorce at 20, cost me 500.00 in 1990, no big deal.

2nd marriage - Dawn -was with a girl I met at Baton Rouge school of computers in 1993, got her pregnant and married her in May 1993. she was from Potsville Arkansas. it was a loveless marriage, but I loved the kids and stayed in it for them, then in 2009 she went nuts, found out once we split, she would start drinking at 12 noon, vodka, then when I would get home from work she'd be drinking beer. she was cheating and all kinds of crazy stuff, spending my money as fast as she could. I left her in Nov 2009 and the kids ended up with me, I recall that divorce ran me about 9,000.00

Carla worked with me at the State capital since 2007, we were friends and she watched me go thru my splitup/divorce, she would talk to me and tell me things to try to fix the marriage, but Dawn was hell bent on ruining everything and she did.

Carla was divorced for many years and had ended a relationship with a boyfriend, she had been free for 1.5 years

After I had left Dawn, maybe 6 weeks went by and Carla asked me if I wanted to hang out one weekend, so I did, we went play pool and eat out at a restaurant. we hung out for about 3 weeks as friends, then one evening I went to her house to cook supper and we ended up in her spare room looking at picture albums and we kissed, neither of us saw that coming, at least I didn't, she was/is HOT and I was attracted but I never thought she would go for me. from that point on it's just been bliss! we dated from Jan 2010 till May 2014 when we got married. I have never been in a relationship like this. we don't argue, she lets me do all the hunting and fishing I want, she likes to fish, I let her go with her friends all she wants, she loves the Arts and shows. And of course we do lots together.

Love will find you, but watch out for the crazy ones, there are plenty crazy ones.

the big difference in this marriage compared to my other 2 is - Respect and we don't take each other for granted - not at all, and we do little things for each other all the time, those little things matter.

the Kitchen is my domain, I don't want her in it. I do all the cooking and kitchen cleaning, dishes etc. I will also sweep and mop sometimes and I do laundry sometimes, thats it though, it stops there. of course I do all the outside work too. it's just me and Carla so it's easy. the kids just visit and go back home nowadays.

and Date Night every Wednesday, now that can get a little pricey eating out every Wed, so sometimes it's a good supper at home and a movie on netflix or such. But Wednesday date night happens every week.

I really hate divorce

J Simoneaud

Supper's ready!! you have 2 choices, Eat or Don't eat.
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
find yourself a good Asian woman.

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by persiandog

Even that is no guarantee. Be free and be self reliant. There is no hope with women.

Me solum relinquatis

Molon Labe
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
In my experience, it's not so much where or how a guy finds the gal (or she finds him), it's a matter of why they become attracted to one another. If two people are sensible enough to slow down a bit and observe, analyze and think through some basic factors, the odds for success go way more positive. Why do they want to spend time with the other person? In what ways do they want to be closer? What is the common ground on basic values and human decency? If only one of the two is willing to explore those - or even capable - chance of success is lowered. If neither can/will do so - lousy odds.

I sure can't proclaim that, at age 21, I was sensible and careful enough to do as noted above. But, after we met, we grew close slowly and gently. Somehow I determined that she had a lovely heart, a deep and beautiful soul, a sharp brain, strong values and work ethic and all sorts of physical desirables. I have no way to know how and what that cute little 18 year-old discerned about me. We were married less than a year later and that was almost 58 years and four kids ago.

Of course there are a lot of crazy women out there - and same goes for crazy men. Sort out the crazy. What do you want in a marriage? What does she want? Can you both truly commit to trying to achieve those by pulling together? If answers to such questions don't come into focus, it does not much matter where or how you met.

NRA Member - Life, Benefactor, Patron
S
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
S
Originally Posted by CCCC
In my experience, it's not so much where or how a guy finds the gal (or she finds him), it's a matter of why they become attracted to one another. If two people are sensible enough to slow down a bit and observe, analyze and think through some basic factors, the odds for success go way more positive. Why do they want to spend time with the other person? In what ways do they want to be closer? What is the common ground on basic values and human decency? If only one of the two is willing to explore those - or even capable - chance of success is lowered. If neither can/will do so - lousy odds.

I sure can't proclaim that, at age 21, I was sensible and careful enough to do as noted above. But, after we met, we grew close slowly and gently. Somehow I determined that she had a lovely heart, a deep and beautiful soul, a sharp brain, strong values and work ethic and all sorts of physical desirables. I have no way to know how and what that cute little 18 year-old discerned about me. We were married less than a year later and that was almost 58 years and four kids ago.

Of course there are a lot of crazy women out there - and same goes for crazy men. Sort out the crazy. What do you want in a marriage? What does she want? Can you both truly commit to trying to achieve those by pulling together? If answers to such questions don't come into focus, it does not much matter where or how you met.

That was Good!! ^^^^^

J Simoneaud

Supper's ready!! you have 2 choices, Eat or Don't eat.
Page 12 of 13 1 2 10 11 12 13

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

577 members (10ring1, 160user, 10gaugeman, 06hunter59, 007FJ, 12344mag, 63 invisible), 2,645 guests, and 1,198 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,217
Posts18,466,363
Members73,925
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.