-->
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Campfire Kahuna
OP Offline
Campfire Kahuna
That's basically what I'm hearing from Gun Owners of America and the NRA. I asked about this on the "Trump Signs It" thread but nobody answered.

GB1

Campfire Kahuna
OP Offline
Campfire Kahuna
NGAF?

Campfire Kahuna
OP Offline
Campfire Kahuna
Really?

O
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
O
What was the "fix" ???

One man with courage makes a majority....

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
Campfire Kahuna
Online Content
Campfire Kahuna
Not only the background check thing, but they had a part in the bill about allowing the CDC to study "Gun Violence" now as well.

Will the Surgeon General be able to ban guns because they are a public health risk now?

But.... Trump "Will never sign a bill like this again..."

Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla!
IC B2

M
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
M
Originally Posted by EthanEdwards
Really?

No compromise. Not now, not ever.

That is ideal. Probable with our system. Unlikely.

Last edited by Mossie; 03/24/18.
D
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
D
It’s there buried in the bill. I’m not sure exactly what’s there but it puts seniors and vets back to worrying about having their 2nd amendment rights violated if they get help.

‘TO LEARN WHO RULES OVER YOU, SIMPLY FIND OUT WHO YOU ARE NOT ALLOWED TO CRITICIZE’

Conspiracy theorists are the ones who see it all coming…

You are the carbon they want to eliminate !

I’m Uber Deplorable Ultra MAGA !
RDW Offline
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
NGAF?

Yes

Have you read it? Not being a smartA$$, honest question.

Can someone post a link to a searchable document?

Dave

Campfire Kahuna
OP Offline
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by okie
What was the "fix" ???
I have no good answer to that because it has been all over the place as to what was in that stand-alone Bill in the first place. It appears that the NICS fix included in this would be something on the order of "take the guns first then extend due process" and would affect vets, seniors and other groups. There would also be provisions to plug the loophole that the Sutherland Springs shooter got through pertaining to mental health and sharing info between agencies/services, etc. Also the CDC which has been essentially not allowed to treat guns like tobacco for the past twenty or so years, is able to again "study" guns...IMO with sinister implications.

Campfire Kahuna
OP Offline
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by RDW
NGAF?

Yes

Have you read it? Not being a smartA$$, honest question.

Can someone post a link to a searchable document?
Hell no. Most of that crap will be lawyer-speak gobbledygook. I read the Gun Owner's of America's statement on it and am in the process of watching some convoluted NRA video. In the latter case, the old boy is some commentator and seems to be against it-like me.

IC B3

S
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
S
Sweet Jesus, the dumb one is stumped again.

https://www.congress.gov/bill/115th-congress/house-bill/4477

"Dear Lord, save me from Your followers"
Campfire Kahuna
OP Offline
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by Steelhead
Sweet Jesus, the dumb one is stumped again.

https://www.congress.gov/bill/115th-congress/house-bill/4477
I've got you beat by a good 20 IQ points Dorf. Crawl back under your rock and since it's still too cold for snakes such as yourself to slither.

J
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
J
It really doesn’t do anything but provide funding for making sure states do a better job of getting the information into the system.

O
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
O
Originally Posted by JoeBob
It really doesn’t do anything but provide funding for making sure states do a better job of getting the information into the system.

That's ^^^^^ how I read it as well. The key piece in the link that Steelie provided was the part about waiving the "co-pay" for states that show good compliance with electronic transfer of records...

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
There was no compromise. Trump and the Republicans rolled over. If you're going to give something away, get something back, like concealed carry reciprocity. We need a Convention of States.

Last edited by WyColoCowboy; 03/24/18.

"And for the support of this Declaration, with a firm reliance on the protection of divine Providence, we mutually pledge to each other our Lives, our Fortunes and our sacred Honor."

[Linked Image]
B
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
B
Originally Posted by okie
What was the "fix" ???
I have no good answer to that because it has been all over the place as to what was in that stand-alone Bill in the first place. It appears that the NICS fix included in this would be something on the order of "take the guns first then extend due process" and would affect vets, seniors and other groups. There would also be provisions to plug the loophole that the Sutherland Springs shooter got through pertaining to mental health and sharing info between agencies/services, etc. Also the CDC which has been essentially not allowed to treat guns like tobacco for the past twenty or so years, is able to again "study" guns...IMO with sinister implications.

You can't make a statement and not be able to back up your premise. "All over the place" and "no good answer" is NO ANSWER! Don't mean to shout but you have no legitimacy without validity.

My home is the "sanctuary residence" for my firearms.
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
FWIW when my daughter was working in DC, they had one of those humonguous bills come up for vote that was cobbled together at the last minute. It was called an education bill if I recall correctly, many thousands of pages long. Her boss divvied up the bill among people who worked for him, and had each one read a specific number of pages (300 apiece?) and note anything of interest to their outfit.

My daughter said, “Dad, you would not believe what is in that bill. One line on gun control buried in the middle, two lines that basically banned private and home schools, a bit about beef cattle... all buried in thousands of pages of education legalese.”

Once they found the bad bits, they went after congressmen to get them removed before the vote, successfully.

Surely the NRA has such a team to actually read such bills, even if it takes all night the night before the vote.

J
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
J
Originally Posted by Okanagan
FWIW when my daughter was working in DC, they had one of those humonguous bills come up for vote that was cobbled together at the last minute. It was called an education bill if I recall correctly, many thousands of pages long. Her boss divvied up the bill among people who worked for him, and had each one read a specific number of pages (300 apiece?) and note anything of interest to their outfit.

My daughter said, “Dad, you would not believe what is in that bill. One line on gun control buried in the middle, two lines that basically banned private and home schools, a bit about beef cattle... all buried in thousands of pages of education legalese.”

Once they found the bad bits, they went after congressmen to get them removed before the vote, successfully.

Surely the NRA has such a team to actually read such bills, even if it takes all night the night before the vote.

Pretty sure if hillary had someone do that to her she would have them commit suicide.

These are my opinions, feel free to disagree.

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

564 members (10Glocks, 10ring1, 12344mag, 007FJ, 10gaugemag, 06hunter59, 55 invisible), 2,423 guests, and 1,203 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,242
Posts18,466,876
Members73,925
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.