Print Thread
Hop To
Page 1 of 2 1 2
T
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
T
So let's have it boys -- how about your favourite thing that Jesus Christ is recorded to have said in the Bible. I'll start it off with this:

"Father, forgive them . . ."

"Keep thy heart with all diligence; for out of it are the issues of life." (Prov 4:23)

Brother Keith

GB1

Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
"'Before Abraham I AM.'"

See Exodus 3:14

"Only Christ is the fullness of God's revelation."
Everyday Hunter
R
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
R
John 3:16 For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life. KJV

We may know the time Ben Carson lied, but does anyone know the time Hillary Clinton told the truth?

Immersing oneself in progressive lieberalism is no different than bathing in the sewage of Hell.
S
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
S
Hebrews 13:5 Let your conversation be without covetousness; and be content with such things as ye have: for he hath said, I will never leave thee, nor forsake thee.

[Linked Image]
"What will you say when God asks you 'why?'"

KJ believer
M
Campfire Greenhorn
Campfire Greenhorn
M
"For the Son of man is come to seek and to save that which was lost." Luke 19:10

I'm so glad He found me..

IC B2

A
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
A
"Father,if you are willing, please take this suffering away from Me. Yet I want your will to be done not mine" luke 22;42

Only 2 defining forces have ever offered to die for you.....

Jesus Christ and the American Soldier. One died for your soul, the other, for you freedom.

B
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
B
One of the many........there are so many favorites

Mathew
37 �If you love your father or mother more than you love me, you are not worthy of being mine; or if you love your son or daughter more than me, you are not worthy of being mine. 38 If you refuse to take up your cross and follow me, you are not worthy of being mine. 39 If you cling to your life, you will lose it; but if you give up your life for me, you will find it.

Holding onto anger is like drinking poison and expecting the other the person to die ......

"When I stand before God at the end of my life, I would hope that I would not have a single bit of talent left, and could say, "I used everything you gave me."

G
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
G
Matthew 25:40 "And then the King will answer and say to them, Assurdely I say to you, inasmuch as you did it to the least of one of these My breathren, you did it to me."

The Lord has blessed me in ways to numerous to recite here and this verse has always kept me grounded in sharing my blessings. I have a good friend who constantly challenges me with his testimony in the ways I see him He and his wife live this in all the ways they do for those less fortunate.

Q
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Q
I agree with RickyD. John 3:16. For God so loved the world...
To me this the theme of the Holy Bible from the first page to the last.

Qtip
Soli Deo Gloria!

"It's not a matter of legislating morality; it's a question of whose morality gets legislated"
R
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
R
Originally Posted by Qtip
I agree with RickyD. John 3:16. For God so loved the world...
To me this the theme of the Holy Bible from the first page to the last.

Qtip
Soli Deo Gloria!

Amen Qtip! I feel the same way about this verse. When I break those 25 words down as below, it sends shivers from the roots of my few hairs down to my toes.

For God

so loved

the world,

that He gave

His only

begotten Son,

that whosoever

believeth

in Him

should not perish,

but have

everlasting life.

It tells it all right there. If a man believes that, the entire Bible just falls into place, I believe.

We may know the time Ben Carson lied, but does anyone know the time Hillary Clinton told the truth?

Immersing oneself in progressive lieberalism is no different than bathing in the sewage of Hell.
IC B3

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
john 14, the whole thing.
and john 17, the whole high priestly prayer.
yee-haw!

abiding in Him,

><>fish30ought6<><
T
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
T

Now quit it! You're having too much fun. smile

"Keep thy heart with all diligence; for out of it are the issues of life." (Prov 4:23)

Brother Keith

J
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
J
..arise, take up thy bed and WALK!..jim

R
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
R
Originally Posted by jim in Oregon
..arise, take up thy bed and WALK!..jim
We quote that one to the kids everyday before school! wink

J
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
J
man, since you made light of that simple account, now I have to preach!:)err...minister..errr...exhort...:)

After the WORK was DONE,the Power of God delivered... in that case, Jesus exhorted the man to DEMONSTRATE that he has healing faith.

The WORK was all given already and totally of GRACE.

Likewise, we who have heard and wanted to be healed and saved are also challenged to exercise FAITH and get up and WALK in His Holy Spirit, follow Him.Through His death and then into His Life.
Defies the logic of the natural man tho..and so many fail to arise, take up their bed and WALK..

What IF the man had just laid there and done nothing?
wWhat it he'd just laid there and said "PRAISE God I'm healed .....'cause Jesus said so"
Well that wouldn't have been the demonstration of acceptance by faith Jesus required.

Would all that personal Grace and Power of the Word made flesh have had the same effect?jim

R
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
R
Jim
2 things:
1.) That was an excellent exhortation. I'm glad my post prompted it.

2.) I did not intend to make light of your post, verse, or any thing of the kind. It was meant as a harmless bit of humor, that has more than a small bit of truth in it. If that offended, I sincerely apologize.

3.) Accountants can be that way.

wink

T
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
T
On account of that's the way they are. smile

Brother Keith

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
" What is THAT to YOU ? Follow thou ME . "

pg. 833

Never holler whoa or look back in a tight place
J
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
J
RickyD, No offense at all..just listening for opportunities in Christ..:)jim

1st Peter 3:15
But sanctify the Lord God in your hearts: and be ready always to give an answer to every man that asketh you a reason of the hope that is in you with meekness and fear:

S
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
S

John 3:17

" For God did not send his Son into the world to condemn the world, but to save the world through him."

"After consulting an RCMP forensics expert, the federal tribunal officially published its verdict online this week, decreeing that Megatron, leader of the Decepticons, is definitely not a replica firearm."

Page 1 of 2 1 2

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

550 members (007FJ, 160user, 10gaugemag, 1lesfox, 11point, 12344mag, 46 invisible), 2,546 guests, and 1,224 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,360
Posts18,468,975
Members73,931
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.