Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 1 of 16 1 2 3 15 16
deflave Offline OP
Campfire Sage
OP Offline
Campfire Sage
Can some of you air rifle nerds recommend something that would be good for this? I'd like to keep price around $500 or under.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aoFolCAwkbc&t=367s

Last edited by deflave; 04/08/18.

Originally Posted by Geno67
Trump being classless,tasteless and clueless as usual.
Originally Posted by Judman
Sorry, trump is a no tax payin pile of shiit.
Originally Posted by KSMITH
My young wife decided to play the field and had moved several dudes into my house
GB1

J
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
J
Video won't play,but everyone should own a .25 Marauder!

D
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
D
In the PCP's, which are easier to shoot than a springer, these three have a small enough reservoir that you can comfortably use a hand pump.
Gamo Urban, about $300
[Linked Image]
Diana Stormrider, about $200. I think this one is a bit more powerful than the Gamo, so maybe better for large lizards. But louder and maybe not as good of a magazine.
[Linked Image]
Benjamin Maximus, about $270 pump included. This one is a single shot. And no baffle, so loud.
[Linked Image]

Last edited by DollarShort; 04/08/18.
deflave Offline OP
Campfire Sage
OP Offline
Campfire Sage
Oh man that's what I was looking for, DollarShort. Are those things pretty fast/easy to charge? Do you just throw the handpump in a daypack?

Which do you prefer between the Diana and the Gamo?

My young wife decided to play the field and had moved several dudes into my house
deflave Offline OP
Campfire Sage
OP Offline
Campfire Sage
Originally Posted by JimH
Video won't play,but everyone should own a .25 Marauder!

Schit. Maybe it won't imbed.

I was looking at those marauders and they look pretty bad ass. Worth the coin I guess?

IC B2

D
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
D
Originally Posted by deflave
Oh man that's what I was looking for, DollarShort. Are those things pretty fast/easy to charge? Do you just throw the handpump in a daypack?

Which do you prefer between the Diana and the Gamo?

I don't own any of them. But for hunting I'd pick the Diana bevause it's more powerful. And it's lighter to carry.
The Gamo for the backyard because it's quieter.

You could carry the pump along. It's about like a bicycle pump. Not sure how many shots on a fill, maybe 20 or so. Or you could splurge and get a small carbon fiber tank that would fit in a backpack for about $300 I think.

The Marauder is huge and heavy compared to the Diana.

deflave Offline OP
Campfire Sage
OP Offline
Campfire Sage
JimH,

Do the 25's kill more better than the 22's in your experience?

D
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
D
Here's a little info on the Stormrider from Pyramid Air. 5 pounds before scope, and only 38.5 inches. I'd give one a try for hunting for sure. And probably get the small CF tank with the hose. Only thing is, I assume you'd be hunting in Puerto Rico, and I'm not sure about taking a tank on a plane.
https://www.pyramydair.com/s/m/Diana_Stormrider_Multi_shot_PCP_Air_Rifle/4449/8647

deflave Offline OP
Campfire Sage
OP Offline
Campfire Sage
That thing seems alright. Why does he think it's not the most "backyard friendly" choice? Do they get more quiet than that?

What scope would you put on one of these things?

D
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
D
Yeah, the .177 Marauder is supposed to be super quiet. It has a full length shroud.

I'd take the sights off to start out with so I could mount a scope lower. The iguanas are up in trees and not super easy to see, so I guess a scope that gathers a bit of light.
I've seen some really good deals on crossbow scopes (35 yard parallax and drop compensating reticle that might match an airgun) at Natchez, so I might try one of those.
Most people who are hardcore airgunners would probably recommend a AO or side focus scope.

IC B3

D
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
D
Forgot about this one.
BIG UGLY, about $300
I'd still prefer the Stormrider for hunting. Smaller, lighter, and more powerful.
https://www.pyramydair.com/s/m/Umarex_Gauntlet_PCP_Air_Rifle_Synthetic_Stock/4311/8328
Regulated, full shroud, about 60 shots per fill.

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Why not semi-auto? It always seemed to me that semi-auto function was an inherent advantage of a PCP over a springer.

Originally Posted by 16penny
If you put Taco Bell sauce in your ramen noodles it tastes just like poverty
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
That thing seems alright. Why does he think it's not the most "backyard friendly" choice? Do they get more quiet than that?

Really enjoying seeing this one played out Clark...

"...the left considers you vermin, and they'll kill you given the chance..." Bristoe
J
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
J
JimH,

Never had a .22 air rifle,but the .25 smacks squirrel's noticeably harder than a .22 short,plus they are quieter,more accurate and safer,as the pellet slows down sooner .My marauder shoots a 25-26 grain pellet 850 fps.Sight in at 35 yards and down 1.5"@ 50. Easily shoot 1/2" or better @ 50 yards on a calm day.I own several nice .22 sporters and target rifles and the marauder is the most fun rifle I own.

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Travis, a head shot with a silenced .22lr would do the job nicely. There are some big ones hanging around the canals within 3 blocks of my house, but I don't mess with them. Some of the latins around here either use a snare or spear.

Planning on changing your diet with the new move? smile

Slaves get what they need. Free men get what they want.

Rehabilitation is way overrated.

Orwell wasn't wrong.

GOA member
disappointed NRA member

24HCF SEARCH
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Flavor, you planning on going into the manufacturing of fine reptile clothing in Florida? Iguana belts, cigar holders, Scarface slippers?...You're such an entrepreneur...

Check out "Air Arms TX200"....I own one for sniping squirrel and small schit around my beach home. It's won many air rifle competitions all over the world....Considered one of the most accurate and well-made air rifles available..

It feels, handles, and looks like a high-end rifle. The metal blueing is very deep and consistent..It comes in Walnut or Beechwood, I believe...Again, they are super accurate, deadly, and feels like a full-sized rifle in your hands...

You can get one in 22 cal. or.177 Check Gunbroker and alike for a used one...New, can set you back in the $650 neighborhood...I bought mine, used, in excellent condition, for $275 off GB...

I mounted an older Bushnell Sportsview 6X on it. Works great. Handles the recoil "yes" recoil and vibration quite well. It's a spring action-lever. that pushes.22 around 760fps.

I wasn't really looking to buy a high-end air rifle just to knock squirrels off my roof. I just happened to come across the Air Arms TX200 and started reading. I looked at the Marauder, which was cool and has good FPS. But, I didn't like or want an air tank, refill type rifle. It's just one more thing to deal with, break or need gasket and O rings replaced... I wanted simple, yet versatile, being able to quietly pump my rifle up to speeds low enough to smack a cat in the butt to get it away from bird feeders, without penetration, or up to 12 pumps to push a hole through a squirrel at 65 yards.

Pyramyd Air seems to be a good to place for all things air...Good Luck! Can't wait to see your first alligator taken with an air rifle...Mark

Curiosity Killed the Cat & The Prairie Dog
“Molon Labe”
deflave Offline OP
Campfire Sage
OP Offline
Campfire Sage
Originally Posted by kingston
Why not semi-auto? It always seemed to me that semi-auto function was an inherent advantage of a PCP over a springer.

I did not know they made semi-auto airguns. Which one would you buy?

deflave Offline OP
Campfire Sage
OP Offline
Campfire Sage
Originally Posted by ingwe

Really enjoying seeing this one played out Clark...

Come July, you will be a believer.

Dave

deflave Offline OP
Campfire Sage
OP Offline
Campfire Sage
JimH,

Never had a .22 air rifle,but the .25 smacks squirrel's noticeably harder than a .22 short,plus they are quieter,more accurate and safer,as the pellet slows down sooner .My marauder shoots a 25-26 grain pellet 850 fps.Sight in at 35 yards and down 1.5"@ 50. Easily shoot 1/2" or better @ 50 yards on a calm day.I own several nice .22 sporters and target rifles and the marauder is the most fun rifle I own.

Holy schit. That's good info. I would not have thought they were more quiet.

deflave Offline OP
Campfire Sage
OP Offline
Campfire Sage
Originally Posted by Beaver10
Flavor, you planning on going into the manufacturing of fine reptile clothing in Florida? Iguana belts, cigar holders, Scarface slippers?...You're such an entrepreneur...

Check out "Air Arms TX200"....I own one for sniping squirrel and small schit around my beach home. It's won many air rifle competitions all over the world....Considered one of the most accurate and well-made air rifles available..

It feels, handles, and looks like a high-end rifle. The metal blueing is very deep and consistent..It comes in Walnut or Beechwood, I believe...Again, they are super accurate, deadly, and feels like a full-sized rifle in your hands...

You can get one in 22 cal. or.177 Check Gunbroker and alike for a used one...New, can set you back in the $650 neighborhood...I bought mine, used, in excellent condition, for $275 off GB...

I mounted an older Bushnell Sportsview 6X on it. Works great. Handles the recoil "yes" recoil and vibration quite well. It's a spring action-lever. that pushes.22 around 760fps.

I wasn't really looking to buy a high-end air rifle just to knock squirrels off my roof. I just happened to come across the Air Arms TX200 and started reading. I looked at the Marauder, which was cool and has good FPS. But, I didn't like or want an air tank, refill type rifle. It's just one more thing to deal with, break or need gasket and O rings replaced... I wanted simple, yet versatile, being able to quietly pump my rifle up to speeds low enough to smack a cat in the butt to get it away from bird feeders, without penetration, or up to 12 pumps to push a hole through a squirrel at 65 yards.

Pyramyd Air seems to be a good to place for all things air...Good Luck! Can't wait to see your first alligator taken with an air rifle...Mark

I just need something I can kill a lot of. Leaving MT will not be easy.

Have the air chamber you charge or do you charge it before each shot? (Sorry I'm not up on my air gun nomenclature)

deflave Offline OP
Campfire Sage
OP Offline
Campfire Sage
Beav,

I just re-read your post and see that yours is a pump. I really want one with the reservoir. I need a repeater. But thanks.

deflave Offline OP
Campfire Sage
OP Offline
Campfire Sage
Originally Posted by local_dirt
Travis, a head shot with a silenced .22lr would do the job nicely. There are some big ones hanging around the canals within 3 blocks of my house, but I don't mess with them. Some of the latins around here either use a snare or spear.

I just need something to kill. I have my suppressed stuff but I was told big numbers hang out in residential areas and that discharging a firearm is a big no-no in most city limits. But air guns are usually legit. Depending on the town.

deflave Offline OP
Campfire Sage
OP Offline
Campfire Sage
And yes, I will eat them.

S
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
S
JimH,

This is a good thread right now. I've been thinking of buying one, but I don't know much about them. I want to shoot squirrels off of the bird feeder and get the buzzards off of the roof of my house and barn. I'm not sure if I want to necessarily kill them or not. But if it comes down to it, I might want to.

"Government is not the solution to our problem, government is the problem."
Ronald Reagan
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Copy....Flav, wish you the best in Florida...I am trying to eventually get to MT like most everyone else..Watch for gators. They are everywhere!

Curiosity Killed the Cat & The Prairie Dog
“Molon Labe”
deflave Offline OP
Campfire Sage
OP Offline
Campfire Sage
Originally Posted by Beaver10
Copy....Flav, wish you the best in Florida...I am trying to eventually get to MT like most everyone else..Watch for gators. They are everywhere!

Thanks.

If you move here, watch for pheasant and grouse. They'll fugk up your windshield.

deflave Offline OP
Campfire Sage
OP Offline
Campfire Sage
Originally Posted by StoneCutter

This is a good thread right now. I've been thinking of buying one, but I don't know much about them. I want to shoot squirrels off of the bird feeder and get the buzzards off of the roof of my house and barn. I'm not sure if I want to necessarily kill them or not. But if it comes down to it, I might want to.

SC,

I know fugk all about air guns as well. Be careful shooting buzzards. They're usually protected.

And if you see one fall off a hi-line pole, they make a tremendous thud. Grin...

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana

I just need something to kill. I have my suppressed stuff but I was told big numbers hang out in residential areas and that discharging a firearm is a big no-no in most city limits. But air guns are usually legit. Depending on the town.

Flave, worry not. There will be plenty of iguanas to kill and eat, although I've not eaten any in years. There are some Latin folks who crave them And hunt them religiously. And yes, most municipalities frown on discharging a firearm within city limits. That's why I mentioned .22lr and can. With CCI SV's and a can on my Kidd 10/22, all you hear is a click. Ruger MKIII AND TacSol upper with same only slightly louder.

Orwell wasn't wrong.

GOA member
disappointed NRA member

24HCF SEARCH
R
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
R
You're seriously gonna eat the fuggin things?? sick

The deer hunter does not notice the mountains

"I fear all we have done is to awaken a sleeping giant and fill him with a terrible resolve" - Isoroku Yamamoto

There sure are a lot of America haters that want to live here...

deflave Offline OP
Campfire Sage
OP Offline
Campfire Sage
Ain't nothing more quiet than a bolt gun and subsonics. NUTTING.

But I'm a law abider.

S
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
S

SC,

I know fugk all about air guns as well. Be careful shooting buzzards. They're usually protected.

And if you see one fall off a hi-line pole, they make a tremendous thud. Grin...

They are protected. I just want to sting'em in the ass. Then they can go tell all of their buddies that it's not a cool place to schit.

Last edited by StoneCutter; 04/09/18.

Ronald Reagan
S
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
S
Actually, I went ahead and bought this. I cheaped out though. They had a Gamo Swarm Maxxim that I was thinking about, but I wasn't ready to spring for $200.00. I had a bunch of Cabela's points, so the gun and some pellets was only $15.00 out of pocket. I ain't planning on doing any serious killing...............yet.

https://www.cabelas.com/product/GAMO-VARMINT/2261963.uts?slotId=11

Ronald Reagan
J
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
J
If you buy a marauder and pump you are going to be in the 650-700 range,plus scope.I had a couple friends that balked at the price,but both had guns worth far more that they hadn't used in years.I told them to sell one and buy something they would actually use.I've had a few springers-RWS and Beeman and there is no comparison.Pumping the marauder can be a pain- fortunately at 275 I have enough weight to help.I don't believe a 150 pound person could use the pump.

T
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
T
I'd go with a Marauder and tank setup. If you're in Florida there'll be plenty of scuba shops around to fill a tank for you. You can pick up a used tank for < $100 that'll fill your rifle around 80 times, and depending on the caliber, get you 24 to 50 shots per fill. The smaller calibers use less air per shot and generally are a bit quieter. I love my .25 Marauder, hits hard and very accurate. I don't know how hard lizards are to kill so not sure you need a .25?.

Charter Member
Ancient order of the 1895 Winchester

"It's an insecure and petite man who demands all others like what he likes and dislike what he dislikes."
szihn

J
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
J
Originally Posted by tmitch
I'd go with a Marauder and tank setup. If you're in Florida there'll be plenty of scuba shops around to fill a tank for you. You can pick up a used tank for < $100 that'll fill your rifle around 80 times, and depending on the caliber, get you 24 to 50 shots per fill. The smaller calibers use less air per shot and generally are a bit quieter. I love my .25 Marauder, hits hard and very accurate. I don't know how hard lizards are to kill so not sure you need a .25?.
Good idea on the tank, although I think you would want to go with a SCBA tank that is 4500 psi vs 3000 for scuba.I get about 20 shots with my .25 before I pump-figure 4-5 pumps for each shot,so if I shoot 20 I plan on 100 strokes on the pump.Great exercise.

T
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
T
I went with a 237 BAR (3440psi) 100 cu ft steel SCUBA tank. I shoot my Marauder down to 2000 psi before filling. I get 20+ fills to 3000 psi, good for three magazines, but I usually keep using the tank till it's down to about 2500psi before I get it refilled. That gives me another 60+ "two magazine" fills. It's not something you want to haul out to the field with you though! shocked sick The carbon fiber SCBA tanks are nice, and light, but have a 15 year service life before they're scrap. That kinda precludes finding an inexpensive used one as most that I found were at, or close to, their expiration date.

Charter Member

"It's an insecure and petite man who demands all others like what he likes and dislike what he dislikes."
szihn

J
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
J
Damn things are all over down in Mexico trav.... I've always wanted to hunt Mongoose in hawaii, nuggets are everywhere

Ping pong balls for the win.
Once you've wrestled everything else in life is easy. Dan Gable
I keep my circle small, I’d rather have 4 quarters than 100 pennies.

Ain’t easy havin pals.
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana

SC,

They are protected. I just want to sting'em in the ass. Then they can go tell all of their buddies that it's not a cool place to schit.

That actually works. Truth. Done it.

Orwell wasn't wrong.

GOA member
disappointed NRA member

24HCF SEARCH
D
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
D
You know, those lizards in the video were pretty small, and I think a .22 would work.

But.... the only ones I've ever seen were down on the Yucatan, and they were HUGE. Probably 30 pounds on average. I'd probably want that .25 Marauder for those.

deflave Offline OP
Campfire Sage
OP Offline
Campfire Sage
I was thinking the same thing DS. There are some big fuggin' lizards down there based on what I've read.

deflave Offline OP
Campfire Sage
OP Offline
Campfire Sage
Good idea on the tank, although I think you would want to go with a SCBA tank that is 4500 psi vs 3000 for scuba.I get about 20 shots with my .25 before I pump-figure 4-5 pumps for each shot,so if I shoot 20 I plan on 100 strokes on the pump.Great exercise.

Is the tank necessary? I thought you could recharge these things with a hand pump.

D
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
D
I wish I were in Tijuana, eating barbecue iguana😀

J
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
J
Here’s the taco bender variety Travis
[Linked Image]

Sneaky bastards would sneak up and watch me drink beer. Maybe you can bait em with beer? Grin

Ping pong balls for the win.
Once you've wrestled everything else in life is easy. Dan Gable
I keep my circle small, I’d rather have 4 quarters than 100 pennies.

Ain’t easy havin pals.
T
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
T

Is the tank necessary? I thought you could recharge these things with a hand pump.

No, not necessary, but much easier for high volume shooting. I also have a hand pump in case I have to recharge away from my tank, but those things are, as JimH says, "Great exercise"! Pumping to 3K psi is not easy.
Another option for you to consider is the Marauder Pistol. Comes with a shoulder stock and is much handier than the rifle. They have it regulated for 2500psi out of the box so easier pumping. Been thinking of getting one myself.
[video:youtube]https://www.youtube.com/watch?time_continue=377&v=qy2rD5P5ynY[/video]

Charter Member

szihn

deflave Offline OP
Campfire Sage
OP Offline
Campfire Sage
That thing looks pretty sweet! That gonna be enough for iguana killing though?

Campfire Kahuna
Online Content
Campfire Kahuna

I ran a trapline close to subdivisions and used it to kill coyotes. DRT.

https://www.crosman.com/airguns/air-pistols/marauder-pcp-air-pistol-22-cal

I have one, lightly used for sale. $275 and it's all yours... smile

Unlike the Marauder rifle, this pistol is pretty easy to pump up with a hand pump.

[Linked Image]

I'd put down several coyotes a day with it.

[Linked Image]

Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla!
D
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
D
I heard the G-men use one of these for pest control. Things like beaver, swamp rat, and such.
https://www.airforceairguns.com/The-TalonSS-By-AirForce-Airguns-s/38.htm
Fingertip adjustable power knob. But single shot, and not cheap.
[Linked Image]

Last edited by DollarShort; 04/10/18.
deflave Offline OP
Campfire Sage
OP Offline
Campfire Sage
Originally Posted by rockinbbar

Unlike the Marauder rifle, this pistol is pretty easy to pump up with a hand pump.

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

That's incredible. Do you buy the hand pumps separate or do they come with the gun? What optic should I look at?

And do you really want to sell it or are you bustin' balls?

deflave Offline OP
Campfire Sage
OP Offline
Campfire Sage
Originally Posted by DollarShort
I heard the G-men use one of these for pest control. Things like beaver, swamp rat, and such.
[Linked Image]

Good gravy.

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
You know, those lizards in the video were pretty small, and I think a .22 would work.

But.... the only ones I've ever seen were down on the Yucatan, and they were HUGE. Probably 30 pounds on average. I'd probably want that .25 Marauder for those.

I was thinking the same thing DS. There are some big fuggin' lizards down there based on what I've read.

25-30 lb'ers are around, and bigger. You can find them like that in many of the canals. Sometimes (not always), the canals that have less human traffic OR that lead out into an uninhabited area can have some big ones.

Orwell wasn't wrong.

GOA member
disappointed NRA member

24HCF SEARCH
Campfire Kahuna
Online Content
Campfire Kahuna

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

That's incredible. Do you buy the hand pumps separate or do they come with the gun? What optic should I look at?

And do you really want to sell it or are you bustin' balls?

Of course it's for sale.

I think I have a red dot on it with the shoulder stock.

Yes, you can buy the pump separate.

https://www.crosman.com/airguns/airgun-accessories/benjamin-pcp-pump

I think I have a pump around here as well. $100.

Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla!
Campfire Kahuna
Online Content
Campfire Kahuna
[Linked Image]

I use a repeater .357, Bulldog.

I works wonders on hogs.

This one about 85 yards.

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla!
A
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
A
You let me shoot that one at Lake Buchanan. Sweet rifle!

Ed

"Not in an open forum, where truth has less value than opinions, where all opinions are equally welcome regardless of their origins, rationale, inanity, or truth, where opinions are neither of equal value nor decisive." Ken Howell

deflave Offline OP
Campfire Sage
OP Offline
Campfire Sage
[Linked Image]

I use a repeater .357, Bulldog.

I works wonders on hogs.

This one about 85 yards.

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

My God. Is that thing loud? I would think those would be a big thing in Europe.

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
I've been looking at the Airforce Texan SS in .45 Caliber. The Marauder pistol is looking pretty sweet. Here's a video of pumping it up.

I'm here to increase my social credit score and rub elbows with some of the highest rollers on the internet.
deflave Offline OP
Campfire Sage
OP Offline
Campfire Sage
Possum enemy. LMAO.

Travis

deflave Offline OP
Campfire Sage
OP Offline
Campfire Sage
Another question... How the fugk do you put a scope on that thing?

T
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
T
Better work it out with rockinbbar for that Marauder, $375 with a pump ain't too shabby!

Charter Member

szihn

T
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
T
3/8" dovetail on top. No recoil so that works fine.

Charter Member

szihn

J
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
J
Better work it out with rockinbbar for that Marauder, $375 with a pump ain't too shabby!

Good advice! If not,rockinbar contact me-don't need the pump but I would be interested in the pistol!

Last edited by JimH; 04/10/18.
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Possum enemy. LMAO.

Travis

There's a reason Possum's fear this guy

I'm here to increase my social credit score and rub elbows with some of the highest rollers on the internet.
deflave Offline OP
Campfire Sage
OP Offline
Campfire Sage

That PM is sent! Grin...

T
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
T

Charter Member

szihn

R
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
R

There ya go Boricua 'Flave! Now you just need to learn how to fillet them smelly bastards!

laugh

"I fear all we have done is to awaken a sleeping giant and fill him with a terrible resolve" - Isoroku Yamamoto

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
With a New to You Pellet Rifle and a LT25 you could be a Professional Iguana Guide......or at least a Modern Day Tom Sawyer.

deflave Offline OP
Campfire Sage
OP Offline
Campfire Sage
I like the looks of that boat.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
That actually looks like fun! A prehistoric squirrel hunt!

“Life is life and fun is fun, but it's all so quiet when the goldfish die.”
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
I like the looks of that boat.

Jorgel can probably hook you up with a old fishing pole until you can sell enough Plasma to pay for your pellet gun.

Last edited by DryPowder; 04/11/18.

deflave Offline OP
Campfire Sage
OP Offline
Campfire Sage
That's pretty cool.

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Have you saw this:

http://www.marauderairrifle.com/forum/viewforum.php?f=33

It's a Marauder Forum.

deflave Offline OP
Campfire Sage
OP Offline
Campfire Sage
I got all I need right here.

Rockin'bar hooking me up.

D
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
D
Your can put a TKO on that P-Rod and make it super quiet.
http://www.tko22.com/

[Linked Image]

Last edited by DollarShort; 04/13/18.
Y
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Y

You can take that check and cash it for sure. lol
As for the Iiguanas, i lived in the middle keys for 10 years and they are numerous there. The one the guy is attempting to eat is actually not very large. I never attempted to kill one, but some neibors i had did using pellet guns, because they love to eat the flowers off certain trees and bushes. They aren't very easy to kill from what i was told.
As for gators, I now live in Indian River county and spend a lot of time fishing the nearby lakes. I have a 17' boat and there is no doubt some are longer than that as for OAL, but they are not as plentifull or at least as visable where i fish. I would say 6 to 10' would be the majority i see, but there are lots of them. There are also lots of very large areas accessable only by airboat, and they would no doubt offer up the most, from what ive seen. Regardless of the size, i wouldn't personally be using a 22 rimfire on one. You wont just be sneaking up and sticking it an ear. Especially the very large ones, can be very intimidating creatures. Gator tail jerkey is very good by the way, I think far better than MT antelope jerkey.

L
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
L
Rooster7
Go to the green Iguana/Puerto Rico posts on youtube.
I'm thinking someone there said the 177 was more lethal for some reason.

They export Iguana meat to the US Mainland.

"Not backyard Friendly" some of them without shrouds or Lead Dust Collectors (LDCs) are nearly as loud as a 22 LR and louder than some 22 RF loadings.

deflave

Discovery, Maximus, or the "new" Gauntlet should fulfill you needs.

Hand pump, electric pump or Carbon Fiber 4500 PSI tank are needed to keep ya "aired Up".

Some spelling errors can be corrected by a vowel movement.
~ MOLON LABE ~
D
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
D
.177's might penetrate their skull better. Like an icepick vs a hammer.

deflave Offline OP
Campfire Sage
OP Offline
Campfire Sage
Rockinbar shipped my Maurauder today.

Can't wait to try it on my dogs.

Travis

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Are you gonna shoot yourself in the nuts or let the wife help?

deflave Offline OP
Campfire Sage
OP Offline
Campfire Sage
Might have to do an all iguana paleo type diet on my YouTube channel once I hit Florida.

D
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
D
Better learn to speak Cuban. It's kind of like Spanish, but very fast.

Last edited by DollarShort; 04/17/18.
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Are you gonna shoot yourself in the nuts or let the wife help?

I'm going with the bicycle pump dealing the first blow to the family jewels.

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
[Linked Image]

deflave Offline OP
Campfire Sage
OP Offline
Campfire Sage
Better learn to speak Cuban. It's kind of like Spanish, but very fast.

Why would I want to talk to a Cuban?

R
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
R
Might have to do an all iguana paleo type diet on my YouTube channel once I hit Florida.

[Linked Image]

deflave Offline OP
Campfire Sage
OP Offline
Campfire Sage
NOM!NOM!NOM!

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Orm! Orm! Ooorm!

LMAO!

deflave Offline OP
Campfire Sage
OP Offline
Campfire Sage
Can't wait to get pumped full of power.

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
JFC, LOL.

deflave Offline OP
Campfire Sage
OP Offline
Campfire Sage
OOOOHHHHHHHMMMMMMM!!!

R
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
R
OOOOHHHHHHHMMMMMMM!!!

How do you say that in Puerto Rican?

deflave Offline OP
Campfire Sage
OP Offline
Campfire Sage
The same.

You just run down the street with a TV while you do it.

R
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
R
The same.

You just run down the street with a TV while you do it.

LMAO

Campfire Kahuna
Online Content
Campfire Kahuna
Can't wait to get pumped full of power.

Watch this before you do...

Start at 2:30...

Be sure and relieve the pressure valve after filling. Don't just pop that hose off. 3000 psi can get pretty loud.. wink

Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla!
deflave Offline OP
Campfire Sage
OP Offline
Campfire Sage
rock,

Good info. Thanks.

deflave Offline OP
Campfire Sage
OP Offline
Campfire Sage
The iguana gun hath arrived. And it's piling things up already.

Thanks again rockinbar. This thing is awesome.

T
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
T
Will need a full review of it's awesomeness.

Charter Member

szihn

deflave Offline OP
Campfire Sage
OP Offline
Campfire Sage
Ok, full/partial review. I must admit my ignorance of air guns is pretty strong. The charging and reloading of this thing was not very intuitive. But after some quick youtubing, I was set. No zeroing was required. The red dot rockinbar sent was mounted and ready to go. I was flipping beer cans right out of the gate in my garage and back yard. Zero noise. I don't think it can get much more quiet.

Pumping and charging this thing is no task at all. Goes very smooth and I'm getting around 30-40 shots per charge.

Function has been flawless. Feeds beautifully.

Accuracy is waaaay better than anything I have ever experienced with an air driven rifle. I dropped two pigeons right out of the gate. One was 30yds and another was an honest to God 50 yd shot. Dead right there.

The trigger is great. Very surprised by how good the trigger is.

I got about 10 kills under its belt already. Iguanas are gonna be fugked. Royally.

Travis

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Ok, full/partial review. I must admit my ignorance of air guns is pretty strong. The charging and reloading of this thing was not very intuitive. But after some quick youtubing, I was set. No zeroing was required. The red dot rockinbar sent was mounted and ready to go. I was flipping beer cans right out of the gate in my garage and back yard. Zero noise. I don't think it can get much more quiet.

Pumping and charging this thing is no task at all. Goes very smooth and I'm getting around 30-40 shots per charge.

Function has been flawless. Feeds beautifully.

Accuracy is waaaay better than anything I have ever experienced with an air driven rifle. I dropped two pigeons right out of the gate. One was 30yds and another was an honest to God 50 yd shot. Dead right there.

The trigger is great. Very surprised by how good the trigger is.

I got about 10 kills under its belt already. Iguanas are gonna be fugked. Royally.

Travis

So the hand pumping isn't a big deal?

deflave Offline OP
Campfire Sage
OP Offline
Campfire Sage
Negative. I've been doing it for years.

deflave Offline OP
Campfire Sage
OP Offline
Campfire Sage
Seriously though, the hand pumping goes quick on that size reservoir.

T
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
T
Awesome review! laugh Look forward to some dead iguana pics.....................and recipes!

Charter Member

szihn

deflave Offline OP
Campfire Sage
OP Offline
Campfire Sage
Couple more pigeons after work. DRT.

I found that once the air gets a bit below that 50% line accuracy drops off. But that's still quite a few shots before needing to recharge and the compactness of this thing is invaluable.

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana

I found that once the air gets a bit below that 50% line accuracy drops off. But that's still quite a few shots before needing to recharge and the compactness of this thing is invaluable.

How many shots does it take to get to 50%?

R
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
R

That's what she said...

Campfire Kahuna
Online Content
Campfire Kahuna

I think you'll have better luck if you keep it operating between 2000 and 3000 psi.

When it hits 2000, it's not much work to bring it back to 3000.

Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla!
deflave Offline OP
Campfire Sage
OP Offline
Campfire Sage
Thanks 'bar. Will do.

deflave Offline OP
Campfire Sage
OP Offline
Campfire Sage

I haven't counted exactly. I'd say 20-30.

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by Rooster7

That's what she said...

And 100% ain't near what it used to be.

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular

[bleep]. I need one of these more everyday.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Awesome video.

Ed

A person who asks a question is a fool for 5 minutes the person who never asks is a fool forever.

The worst slaves are those that put the chains on themselves.
N
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
N
Negative. I've been doing it for years.

same here

Uber Demanding Rifle Aficionado
N
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
N
wellp, ive taken the PCP step now bc these critters are running around my yard w no fear and the springers aint gettin it done. gotta keep everything on the DL so the old ladies wont report me on nextdoor. hell even the cat caught a squirrel yesterday, like hes ashamed of me.

deflave Offline OP
Campfire Sage
OP Offline
Campfire Sage
dawg,

I fugkin' love this thing. I had no idea an air rifle could be so fun.

I whacked one of those invasive species doves in the yard the other day and its partner went ape schit. So I whacked it too.

Back to the garage sale, put the dogs in the yard and closed off their doggy door. Forgot about the doves. Came back and feathers everywhere. LMAO. They seemed happy.

N
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
N
wait ... whats this about airguns? i was talking about PCP. which is probably why im seeing vermin. and a cat

T
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
T
Originally Posted by n8dawg6
wait ... whats this about airguns? i was talking about PCP. which is probably why im seeing vermin. and a cat

You trippin' Dawg!

Charter Member

szihn

N
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
N
folks: this thing is tits. im fascinated by it. the only sound is the spring in the action. im not ready to throw all my springers in the garbage bc nostalgia, but WOW.

[Linked Image]

L
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
L
So where are the iguana pictures.

The is another invasive lizard down there you need to learn and do a little population reduction.

Maybe enough collared doves to fire up the grill.

Last edited by LouisB; 06/02/18.

~ MOLON LABE ~
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
JimH,

I have a question: why other than some legal reasons I’m not aware of, use one of these relatively heavy and cumbersome air guns when you can use a light trim 22 rimfire rifle shooting CB Longs which throws a 29-gr bullet (same as the 22 short) at 700 fps?

And very quiet too. Honest question.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger

I can see the argument that the 25 might smack a bit harder due to diameter but it can’t be that much can it? I can also accept it’s lower BC than the 29-gr .22 may be a bit of an advantage in a settled area.

Is this another version of the 270 vs the 30/06 argument? 😀

T
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
T
Originally Posted by George_De_Vries_3rd
JimH,

I have a question: why other than some legal reasons I’m not aware of, use one of these relatively heavy and cumbersome air guns when you can use a light trim 22 rimfire rifle shooting CB Longs which throws a 29-gr bullet (same as the 22 short) at 700 fps?

And very quiet too. Honest question.

Because this is what my Anschutz 1415 will do with .22 CB Longs
[Linked Image]

And this is what my .25 cal Marauder will do at the same distance (80ish yds)
[Linked Image]

Charter Member

szihn

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger

Tmitch, I see your point, or rather your problem with the CB Longs with that rifle. Interestingly, I have the same model and it shoots them very accurately as have other 22’s I’ve had.

I have nothing against airguns other than than their general bulk and weight as power goes up but there are exceptions there too. Back in the day, I thoroughly enjoyed the much simpler Sheridan .20 cals and the Benjamin .22’s.

My point was the CB Long’s ballistic pfffft generally falls in the same league as good airgun power

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
In some zipcodes air guns are legal and firearms are verboten. Not to mention I've yet to obtain match accuracy with cb's, match grade air guns provide match grade accuracy.

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Travis, there is a douche.. I mean dude.. who comes out to the Markham range that Is a complete airgun whore. He probably owns the first airgun... but I wouldn't ask him.

You'd have to sacrifice at least 1 of your socks to shut him up, once you turned the crank.

Hate sweaty feet with no socks..

Orwell wasn't wrong.

GOA member
disappointed NRA member

24HCF SEARCH
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Lots of good airgun videos from Britain on YouTube if you can stand the funny way they talk and their awful teeth.

Are there any dentists at all over there?

I've been looking at the Airforce guns that use multiple power sources, but that Marauder looks great and looks to be a deal too.

What fresh Hell is this?
deflave Offline OP
Campfire Sage
OP Offline
Campfire Sage
Travis, there is a douche.. I mean dude.. who comes out to the Markham range that Is a complete airgun whore. He probably owns the first airgun... but I wouldn't ask him.

You'd have to sacrifice at least 1 of your socks to shut him up, once you turned the crank.

Hate sweaty feet with no socks..

Sounds like a blast.

deflave Offline OP
Campfire Sage
OP Offline
Campfire Sage
Originally Posted by Pappy348
Lots of good airgun videos from Britain on YouTube if you can stand the funny way they talk

I can't.

N
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
N
Lots of good airgun videos from Britain on YouTube if you can stand the funny way they talk

I can't.

what if its a gal w great tits

L
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
L
local dirt

First name Charles perhaps?

If so he can/has shoot/shot national level in most any discipline he attempts . . .

And YES a royal pain in the posterior is somewhat of an understatement!

He can

Pontificate ad nauseum

~ MOLON LABE ~
deflave Offline OP
Campfire Sage
OP Offline
Campfire Sage
Originally Posted by n8dawg6

I can't.

what if its a gal w great tits

I don’t like when any woman speaks. Accent or not.

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular

You don't have a hair on your ass if you can't trap a python.

deflave Offline OP
Campfire Sage
OP Offline
Campfire Sage
That kid got skills but I’m thinking a 110 conibear is a bit less labor intensive.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
That is a lot of work...and I am a bit surprised that flimsy twine, stakes and branch used as a spring was strong enough to hold that thing.

L
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
L
I think it would be interesting to see IF a 110 would hold one.

~ MOLON LABE ~
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular

deflave Offline OP
Campfire Sage
OP Offline
Campfire Sage
Originally Posted by LouisB
I think it would be interesting to see IF a 110 would hold one.

I can't imagine it wouldn't. Not one that size.

W
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
W
Why dont they just shoot those ugly snakes????

Molon Labe
deflave Offline OP
Campfire Sage
OP Offline
Campfire Sage
That looks like somewhere in South America. He probably sells them.

In Florida there is a bounty on them.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
enough to pay for CCI Shot Loads? I love the .45ACP shot load...

"Chances Will Be Taken"

Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
That looks like somewhere in South America. He probably sells them.

In Florida there is a bounty on them.

Thats a retic in that picture..the Florida problem pythons are Burmese...but I'll bet theres some retics hanging around as well by now.

We will need python and iguana hunting pics ASAP....

"...the left considers you vermin, and they'll kill you given the chance..." Bristoe
deflave Offline OP
Campfire Sage
OP Offline
Campfire Sage
I have no intention of hunting python but if I happen across one rest assured it will be Shockwaved.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
I like it. Very similar to a automatic fish trap. (Spring sets the hook while you do other things. )

An unemployed Jester, is nobody's Fool.

the only real difference between a good tracker and a bad tracker, is observation. all the same data is present for both. The rest, is understanding what you're seeing.

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by T_Inman
That is a lot of work...and I am a bit surprised that flimsy twine, stakes and branch used as a spring was strong enough to hold that thing.

It's the staked tube that holds it, the twine just prevents it from backing out. It can't move if it can't twist about. (No legs, remember?) wink

An unemployed Jester, is nobody's Fool.

the only real difference between a good tracker and a bad tracker, is observation. all the same data is present for both. The rest, is understanding what you're seeing.

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
local dirt

First name Charles perhaps?

If so he can/has shoot/shot national level in most any discipline he attempts . . .

And YES a royal pain in the posterior is somewhat of an understatement!

He can

Pontificate ad nauseum

Don't remember his name. But, you're hitting on all cylinders.

Orwell wasn't wrong.

GOA member
disappointed NRA member

24HCF SEARCH
deflave Offline OP
Campfire Sage
OP Offline
Campfire Sage
Now I’m dying to meet him.

L
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
L
If south of south is a correct location , then I don't think it is the same guy.
This person is truly located in southern area(s).

If the makers of fine shooting implements could see what can be done with Bondo and a coarse rasp to make a pistol "fit" the shooter they would be in tears.

So deflave, you've had time to acclimate where are the B&C iguana and python pics.

Oh, by the way, I guess you have noticed . . . "It's a wet heat."

Last edited by LouisB; 06/24/18.

~ MOLON LABE ~
deflave Offline OP
Campfire Sage
OP Offline
Campfire Sage
I really haven't done anything but eat and drink and look for my schit.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
same-old same-old...

"Chances Will Be Taken"

deflave Offline OP
Campfire Sage
OP Offline
Campfire Sage
I brained two today but both made it into water and I couldn't retrieve.

Back at it tomorrow. I wanna cook one.

deflave Offline OP
Campfire Sage
OP Offline
Campfire Sage
[Linked Image]

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Green eggs and Iguana for breakfast, I say.

Slave.

Suck it.

Have Dog

Will Travel

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Is that a three legged iguana?

deflave Offline OP
Campfire Sage
OP Offline
Campfire Sage
No. He got all four.

And these things run and swim like a GD bolt of lightning.

J
Campfire Kahuna
Online Happy
Campfire Kahuna
J
Kinda puny aint it?

I am MAGA.
J
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
J
About 2002 took the wife on a trip to Cancun and daytripped south into a water park thing. Lot of walking trails and we were going p a slight incline to leek at a black leopard in a enclosed island of sorts. She spooked an iguana who looked like a cartoon and his rear legs were twirling as he chased her back down the trail. Two young employees there and I just cracked up, almost rolling.

When I got control the iguana was having a staring contest with the wife. Yelled down to her to ask the lizardking permission to come up. Gotta respect the natives ya know.

Remember why, specifically, the Bill of Rights was written...remember its purpose.
It was written to limit the power of government over the individual
jpb Offline
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by Jim_Conrad
Kinda puny aint it?

Whether on a road on in a locker room, it is considered poor form to comment on the size of another man's lizard... eek whistle

John

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
This is getting weird.

L
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
L
dflave
rockinbbar set you up with a fine shooting machine.

Let us know about whether it really "tastes like chicken."

~ MOLON LABE ~
deflave Offline OP
Campfire Sage
OP Offline
Campfire Sage
Originally Posted by Jim_Conrad
Kinda puny aint it?

You wanna talk schit you better be ready to show us your iguana!

deflave Offline OP
Campfire Sage
OP Offline
Campfire Sage
dflave
rockinbbar set you up with a fine shooting machine.

Let us know about whether it really "tastes like chicken."

Yeah. That thing a killer.

R
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
R
This is getting weird.

LMAO!!

Campfire Kahuna
Online Content
Campfire Kahuna
[Linked Image]

That's awesome! laugh

Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla!
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Time to graduate to python!

😝🐍

"I have sworn upon the altar of God, eternal hostility against every form of tyranny over the mind of man."
Thomas Jefferson

GeoW, The "Unwoke" ...Let's go Brandon!

"A Well Regulated Militia" Life Member

L
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
L
Couple of more invasive lizards there too, take out a few hundred of each of them also.
Few hundred boas too while you are out and about.
Return NO snakeheads to FL waters

Last edited by LouisB; 07/01/18.

~ MOLON LABE ~
N
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
N
[Linked Image]

sweet

RDW Offline
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Taste like chicken????

Dave

deflave Offline OP
Campfire Sage
OP Offline
Campfire Sage
I haven't cleaned and cooked one yet.

M
Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
M
Can you shoot them from home or is it necessary to travel. We have family near Tampa and haven’t seen seen any in the trips we take down there.

deflave Offline OP
Campfire Sage
OP Offline
Campfire Sage
Originally Posted by Mike_S
Can you shoot them from home or is it necessary to travel. We have family near Tampa and haven’t seen seen any in the trips we take down there.

Mike,

I think they range throughout the entire state but can't say for sure. My experience has been they are not unlike rabbits and ground squirrels. They're either there, or they aren't.

They seem to favor areas along canals. They use that water to their advantage as they can swim like fish. I don't have any around my place but if I drive 10 minutes I can be into them pretty thick.

deflave Offline OP
Campfire Sage
OP Offline
Campfire Sage

R
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
R

I read that a few days ago. It makes sense that they roast them skin on. Probably not near as nasty and smelly that way.

RDW Offline
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
How do you like the PRod?

I sold my MRod because it was too bulky and heavy for a backyard rifle although it was quiet and really accurate.

Dave

deflave Offline OP
Campfire Sage
OP Offline
Campfire Sage
Do you mean the Maurader Pistol? If yes, I love it. I can't believe how accurate it is.

RDW Offline
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Yep, Benji slang for the pistol, are you shooting JSB Exact Kings?

Dave

deflave Offline OP
Campfire Sage
OP Offline
Campfire Sage
I don't think so. I'd have to check.

deflave Offline OP
Campfire Sage
OP Offline
Campfire Sage
Crossman Premiere Ultra Magnums.

R
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
R
Are there such things as after market suppressors for springers

I'd rather die in a BAD gunfight than a GOOD nursing home.
deflave Offline OP
Campfire Sage
OP Offline
Campfire Sage
No clue. All I know about air guns is the one I bought is awesome.

Campfire Kahuna
Online Content
Campfire Kahuna
No clue. All I know about air guns is the one I bought is awesome.

See?

Not everything I do is bad... smile

Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla!
deflave Offline OP
Campfire Sage
OP Offline
Campfire Sage
TROOF!

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by Remington6MM

6MM,

Not sure about springers, but take a look at TKO's website. They make airgun suppressors.

I've got one for my Benjamin Discovery PCP Rifle, very effective. Almost as loud as a standard velocity .22 rifle without the suppressor.

And of course since it's not a firearm there's none of the NFA paperwork, tax or wait.

Jerry

Si vis pacem, para bellum
L
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
L
I was surprised when I first started shooting my Disco, like jww said, loud as a 22.
TKO on it and it is MUCHO quieter.

Issues with springers might be accidentally cocking using the lead dust collector (they are purposefully made that way) and having the correct ID/OD diameters. The TKO is held in place with set screws, The one Baxter made me screws on to the Hatsan.

Crosman now makes a lower priced version of te Disco and it seems to be even more accurate. The went to a synthetic stock, which I would have preferred anyway and there used to be some very attractively priced package deals for some of the various suppliers

~ MOLON LABE ~
deflave Offline OP
Campfire Sage
OP Offline
Campfire Sage
I was surprised when I first started shooting my Disco, like jww said, loud as a 22.
TKO on it and it is MUCHO quieter.

Issues with springers might be accidentally cocking using the lead dust collector (they are purposefully made that way) and having the correct ID/OD diameters. The TKO is held in place with set screws, The one Baxter made me screws on to the Hatsan.

Crosman now makes a lower priced version of te Disco and it seems to be even more accurate. The went to a synthetic stock, which I would have preferred anyway and there used to be some very attractively priced package deals for some of the various suppliers

I don't know what all this schit means but my Iguana Gun makes ZERO noise. None.

D
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
D
Originally Posted by Remington6MM

Mac1 makes one that I’ve seen used on springers. It’s metal. Blued steel I think. And what you do is heat it up in the oven to expand it, and maybe freeze your barrel, and then hammer it on with a two by four.

deflave Offline OP
Campfire Sage
OP Offline
Campfire Sage
[Linked Image]

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Has one graced the BGE yet?

L
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
L
deflacve that information was forRemington 6mm's post requesting different information within this thread so may not make sense to you!

Last edited by LouisB; 07/20/18.

~ MOLON LABE ~
deflave Offline OP
Campfire Sage
OP Offline
Campfire Sage
Roger that Louis!

deflave Offline OP
Campfire Sage
OP Offline
Campfire Sage
Originally Posted by DryPowder
Has one graced the BGE yet?

Not yet. They in the freezer. Not sure what I'm going to do with them yet.

T
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
T
That would make a nice shoulder mount! laugh

Charter Member

szihn

deflave Offline OP
Campfire Sage
OP Offline
Campfire Sage
[Linked Image]

S
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
S
Have you eaten one yet?

Ronald Reagan
S
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
S
I've got a Hispanic guy from El Salvador that works for me. I just showed him the picture of that Iguana and the first thing out of his mouth was, "Auh man, that's good eatin right there". He says it tastes like chicken. He said the way they catch them is you take a big fishing hook on a line and attach it to a small tree or bush, and bait it with a piece of apple. Then you cut it's head off. He said they gut it and skin it. They cut the feet off and skin it up the legs and then the body.

Last edited by StoneCutter; 07/21/18.

Ronald Reagan
deflave Offline OP
Campfire Sage
OP Offline
Campfire Sage
You can't do that here.

And yes latinos eat them. We just don't know how we're going to cook them yet and I want a few more big ones so we can have an actual meal.

S
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
S
He said that you cook it like chicken on the grill. He said you can use bar-b-q sauce, but they don't. They just cook them until crispy and the meat comes off the bone. He said they also make soup out of them by boiling it.

Ronald Reagan
R
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
R
You can't do that here.

And yes latinos eat them. We just don't know how we're going to cook them yet and I want a few more big ones so we can have an actual meal.

sick

deflave Offline OP
Campfire Sage
OP Offline
Campfire Sage
He said that you cook it like chicken on the grill. He said you can use bar-b-q sauce, but they don't. They just cook them until crispy and the meat comes off the bone. He said they also make soup out of them by boiling it.

Yeah. Like anything else there are a number of ways. The Rican's seem pretty knowledgeable about them.

deflave Offline OP
Campfire Sage
OP Offline
Campfire Sage
Three more for the big cook...

[Linked Image]

deflave Offline OP
Campfire Sage
OP Offline
Campfire Sage
You can't do that here.

sick

You Minnesotan's have a tough time breaking away. All the mercados down here and the first place my wife went to buy groceries was a fuggin' Target.

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Good going 'flave and crew.

Not sure why, but those Iguanas just look like they need to be killed... And that is coming from an Idaho boy who has never laid eyes on one in the wild and I shouldn't have anything against them, but I do...

Dang flave, your boy is a spitting image of you!

deflave Offline OP
Campfire Sage
OP Offline
Campfire Sage
Lonny,

They are pure evil. One of the most hideous things I've ever taken apart. I make my son do most the work...

If he's cursed with my looks may he be blessed with my charm.

Thanks,
Travis

R
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
R
You can't do that here.

sick

You Minnesotan's have a tough time breaking away. All the mercados down here and the first place my wife went to buy groceries was a fuggin' Target.

What does she think of the idea of eating one of those disgusting bastards?

Page 1 of 16 1 2 3 15 16

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
YB23

585 members (19rabbit52, 10Glocks, 12344mag, 16penny, 160user, 17CalFan, 46 invisible), 1,987 guests, and 1,153 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,190,234
Posts18,447,787
Members73,899
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.