24hourcampfire.com
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 2 of 2 1 2
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Damn scopes, all of them a pain in the butt. All they do is inflate ones ego and make them think it is ok to shoot past 200 yards at a beautiful creature, made by God for our use and responsible stewardship.

They make a rifle heavy, upset the balance and fail at the worst possible times. What good are they for putting meat on the table? Do they make us better hunters, trackers, woodsmen, outdoorsmen?

Lets puke them out of our lives. Lets become men again, providers and good hunters. guys whose sole aim is filing the freezer with meat. Lets all get a good aperture sight with a front sight that has a flat post.

Lets get real and not shoot past 200 yards. Lets forget about the 1,000 yard club, the mile club, the 2 mile club. Lets be hunters and rifle men! Lets be part of the 200 yard Club!

Sounds like a noble cause to me!

BP-B2

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by 1Akshooter
Damn scopes, all of them a pain in the butt. All they do is inflate ones ego and make them think it is ok to shoot past 200 yards at a beautiful creature, made by God for our use and responsible stewardship.

They make a rifle heavy, upset the balance and fail at the worst possible times. What good are they for putting meat on the table? Do they make us better hunters, trackers, woodsmen, outdoorsmen?

Lets puke them out of our lives. Lets become men again, providers and good hunters. guys whose sole aim is filing the freezer with meat. Lets all get a good aperture sight with a front sight that has a flat post.

Lets get real and not shoot past 200 yards. Lets forget about the 1,000 yard club, the mile club, the 2 mile club. Lets be hunters and rifle men! Lets be part of the 200 yard Club!

That’s called Bow season!

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Ha ha Cub,

I am not sure at my age I am man enough for bow season. I so wish I had listened to my wife long ago and been a stealthy bow guy. Especially since almost every year a legal bull passes through my yard during hunting season!

I have much respect for bow hunters, when they don't require a "special season" for their choice of weapons............

Last edited by 1Akshooter; 04/11/18.
W
WRO Offline
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
W

Self righteous much?

B
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
B
Originally Posted by WRO

Self righteous much?

Unable to detect sarcasm much?

Oh, and believe it or not, deer bite. Fairly hard.
IC B2

O
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
O
Originally Posted by Beaver10
Originally Posted by Oldelkhunter
Originally Posted by Pappy348
Mine's an amzing scope to look through. Given time, it may turn out to be a good one as well.

Have you dropped it on a concrete floor from a 10 foot step ladder or driven over it with your truck?

🤣😂🤣 “Bulletproof” to Oldelk means literally shooting a round at Your Leupold to see if it bounces off...Failed! 😎

Don't all the turrett twisters here do the same?

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Yep, they sure do...That’s why Loops, with turrets, can’t find much love here...I don’t spin, so my Leupold scopes work well for me. Thanks for playing Oldelk...😎

Curiosity Killed the Cat & The Prairie Dog
“Molon Labe”
Page 2 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
YB23

Who's Online Now
715 members (007FJ, 1beaver_shooter, 10gaugemag, 10Glocks, 06hunter59, 222ND, 74 invisible), 2,788 guests, and 1,316 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,187,630
Posts18,398,794
Members73,817
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.