Print Thread
Hop To
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4
K
Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
K
Put money down the Solar 420 model, at Sportsman show, need to find a 30 HP Jet now. Great video looks like they finally hull built right to not cavitate, should allow a lot of access to skinny water. A lot of performance with a little motor from what I have seen, but well see when it gets here.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=77rNDHFPsiM

The 15 ft video around 17 to 19 min very interesting would not want them to borrow my boat!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qVlilIBjE8k&t=12s

kk alaska

Alaska 7 months of winter then 5 months of tourists
GB1

T
Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
T
Cool video!

Charter Member
Ancient order of the 1895 Winchester

"It's an insecure and petite man who demands all others like what he likes and dislike what he dislikes."
szihn

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Very nicely done video, but not seeing what you found so cool about the boats.... and I assume you mean ventilation, not cavitation.

Mark Begich, Joaquin Jackson, and Heller resistance... Three huge reasons to worry about the NRA.
A
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
A
Cool video. The scenery reminds me of the Squirrel River and the Omar.

Ed

"Not in an open forum, where truth has less value than opinions, where all opinions are equally welcome regardless of their origins, rationale, inanity, or truth, where opinions are neither of equal value nor decisive." Ken Howell

Owl Offline
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Отличное видео. Спасибо за публикацию.

James Pepper: There's no law west of Dodge and no God west of the Pecos. Right, Mr. Chisum? John Chisum: Wrong, Mr. Pepper. Because no matter where people go, sooner or later there's the law. And sooner or later they find God's already been there.
IC B2

I
Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
I
What’s the price tag on that setup

You've got to hand it to a blind prostitute
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Nice boats and I have been wanting an inflatable. I might have to throw some dollas-to-rubles Uncle Vlad's way.

[Linked Image from i.pinimg.com]

Z
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Look like nice toys, but for a serious outing I'd want a couple extra craft to come along.

1Minute
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
I like the big church key can opener looking thing that the guy uses to to remove gravel from the impeller grid toward the end.

S
Campfire Greenhorn
Campfire Greenhorn
S
Originally Posted by Irving_D
What’s the price tag on that setup

I saw them for sale on Amazon for $3,000.

IC B3

G
g5m Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
G
Pretty impressive videos.

Retired cat herder.

Campfire Ranger
Online Shocked
Campfire Ranger
Them rivers are older ..them rocks are round.

I work harder than a ugly stripper....
A
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
A
Originally Posted by Owl
Отличное видео. Спасибо за публикацию.

Пожалуйста

K
Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
K
delivered price?

kk alaska

Alaska 7 months of winter then 5 months of tourists
Y
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Y
Originally Posted by Sitka deer
Very nicely done video, but not seeing what you found so cool about the boats.... and I assume you mean ventilation, not cavitation.

Cavitation is a term used when your jet pump sucks air. This is a real problem with most of the inflatables on the market today. I think thats what the OP was referring to when he mentioned this hull doesn't do that, and from watching the videos I would have to agree . Pretty impressive performance from a 30 HP outboard jet.

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Negative, cavitation is when the propellor or impellor moves liquid so fast it creates bubbles and the bubbles collapse back on themselves. It is a term in science.

Ventilation is when the design of the boat allows water to get under the hull and into the prop or pump. They are not the same thing and yes, many people do not know the difference.

http://www.dictionary.com/browse/cavitation

cavitation
[kav-i-tey-shuh n]
Spell Syllables
Word Origin
noun
the rapid formation and collapse of vapor pockets in a flowing liquid in regions of very low pressure, a frequent cause of structural damage to propellers, pumps, etc.
such a pocket formed in a flowing liquid.
Origin of cavitation

Mark Begich, Joaquin Jackson, and Heller resistance... Three huge reasons to worry about the NRA.
C
Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
C
Lets see if I did this right.

Negative, cavitation is when the propellor or impellor moves liquid so fast it creates bubbles and the bubbles collapse back on themselves. It is a term in science.

Ventilation is when the design of the boat allows water air to get under the hull and into the prop or pump. They are not the same thing and yes, many people do not know the difference.

cavitation
[kav-i-tey-shuh n]
Spell Syllables
Word Origin
noun
the rapid formation and collapse of vapor pockets in a flowing liquid in regions of very low pressure, a frequent cause of structural damage to propellers, pumps, etc.
Origin of cavitation

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by cwh2
Lets see if I did this right.

Ventilation is when the design of the boat allows water air to get under the hull and into the prop or pump. They are not the same thing and yes, many people do not know the difference.

cavitation
[kav-i-tey-shuh n]
Spell Syllables
Word Origin
noun
Origin of cavitation

It is worth repeating...

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Thanks for the correction...

Y
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Y

Ventilation is when the design of the boat allows water to get under the hull and into the prop or pump. They are not the same thing and yes, many people do not know the difference.

cavitation
[kav-i-tey-shuh n]
Spell Syllables
Word Origin
noun
Origin of cavitation

The smartest man I ever met, ( and the wealthiest) quit college in his second year. He always said the most valuable lesson he ever learned was in his freshman year. His english teacher told him not to worry to much about proper english, the most important thing was to speak and write in such a way that you are easily understood by your audience. As a licensed EMT the first thing I think of when I hear "ventilation" is an exchange of air between the lungs and atmosphere.......or I need to get my window down to get some ventilation because the inside of the ambulance doesn't smell to good...

https://www.google.com/search?clien....1.1.64.psy-ab..7.1.566....0.5xd2HflZkBs

I dont think to many outdoorsmen worry to much about scientific terms. I've been running jet boats for 35 years and I've never heard anyone use the term "ventilation". Either way you dont want a hull that causes your pump to suck air, what you call it doesn't really matter, but if you use the term "cavitation" experienced boaters will know what you mean.

Last edited by yukon254; 05/04/18.
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

544 members (12344mag, 007FJ, 01Foreman400, 160user, 10Glocks, 222ND, 66 invisible), 2,450 guests, and 1,144 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,190,543
Posts18,453,223
Members73,901
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.