Hop To
#12795229 04/14/18
P
Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
P
For my fellow BCers, LEH is out.

"The 375HH is the greatest level of power you can get for the investment in recoil." (JJHack)
79s and losttrail, biggest waste of air.
GB1

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Who or what is LEH I am asking. Thank you for your time. Cheers NC

don't judge until you have walked a mile in other persons' moccasins'
SUM QUOD SUM........HOMINEM TE ESSE MEMENTO
Owl Offline
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Limited Entry Hunting

James Pepper: There's no law west of Dodge and no God west of the Pecos. Right, Mr. Chisum? John Chisum: Wrong, Mr. Pepper. Because no matter where people go, sooner or later there's the law. And sooner or later they find God's already been there.
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by Owl
Limited Entry Hunting

Guess I am slow what is Limited Entry Hunting.. Please elucidate and thank you for your earlier answer. Cheers NC

T
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
T
Originally Posted by northcountry
Originally Posted by Owl
Limited Entry Hunting

Guess I am slow what is Limited Entry Hunting.. Please elucidate and thank you for your earlier answer. Cheers NC

It is the Draw Applications for the Fall hunting season.

In Alberta we don't do ours till June.

IC B2

P
Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
P
I guess I should have known I would have to explain for our U.S. neighbours grin
Limited Entry Hunting (LEH)
The 2018/2019 Limited Entry Hunting Synopsis is now available online, and paper copies are being distributed throughout the province. The deadline for applications for the 2018/2019 hunts is May 25, 2018. The date that applications can be submitted for 2018 LEH hunts has not yet been determined, but is anticipated to be in the 4th week of April.

The Province’s Limited Entry Hunting (LEH) system is now online. To apply for a draw, review the status of your application, or find draw results click here to sign in to the BC Hunting online service. You can also apply for LEH at any Service BC, FrontCounter BC or participating vendor location.

Limited Entry Hunting provides hunting opportunities created through a random draw. Participation in the draw is available to any resident of B.C. with a valid FWID and resident hunting credentials.

Limited Entry Hunting helps the Province achieve wildlife management objectives without resorting to such measures as shortening seasons or completely closing areas. LEH is only introduced where it has become necessary to limit the number of hunters, of animals that may be taken, or the harvest of a certain species or sub-species.

LEH draws are random. The previous year's odds are published beside each hunt to give an indication of the likelihood of a successful application, but this is not a guarantee of success.

Successful applicants have their chances reduced in subsequent draws in order to improve the chances of those who have been unsuccessful.

For further details about LEH in British Columbia:

How Limited Entry Hunting Works (PDF, 197KB)
Important information about LEH online applications
Applying for Group/Shared hunts
If you receive an LEH authorization, please click here to review the appropriate Zone Map

"The 375HH is the greatest level of power you can get for the investment in recoil." (JJHack)
79s and losttrail, biggest waste of air.
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Every acronym should be clearly defined with its first mention.

Surfing for "leh" comes up with
Leh is a town in the Leh district of the Indian state of Jammu and Kashmir

Not a single mention of limited entry hunting.

1Minute
E
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
E
I didn't see anything for Grizzly... cry

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Thanks guys. Here in Oregon I just submitted my application to enter the drawing for a tag. When I left AB it was all what we called OTC ( over the counter). Good luck to all that entered. Cheers NC

Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
Gee, and here I thought it was going to be about some butt-hurt camper that was swearing off the 'Campfire.

I was thinking to myself: who is LEH? Who pissed him off?

Genesis 9:2-4 Ministries Lighthearted Confessions of a Cervid Serial Killer
IC B3

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Thanks for the heads up. I missed the deadline a couple of years ago, didn't know till too late that the applications were open.

Only two days left to apply.

I applied last week. The online site did not work. So I went down to a local sporting goods store where the owner said that the online LEH application site was not working for many people. I bought it at the store and sent it in same day.

FWIW I got into a small mess last year when I bought a cougar tag online. Won't do that again with any tag as long as I can buy a paper one at an outlet. I buy fishing licenses online and those seem to work fine.

Last edited by Okanagan; 05/23/18.
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by troutfly
Originally Posted by Owl
Limited Entry Hunting

In Alberta it is from May 29-June 21 for 2018 aep.alberta.ca/.../alberta-regulations/.../2018AlbertaHuntingDrawsB... -

It is better to be judged by 12 than to be carried by 6.
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
Thanks guys. Here in Oregon I just submitted my application to enter the drawing for a tag. When I left AB it was all what we called OTC ( over the counter). Good luck to all that entered. Cheers NC

Here in BC all big game animals, with the exception of Grizzly bears and Bison, can be hunted somewhere in the province with 'Over-the-counter" tags. I have always looked at the LEH draws as "bonus" tags.

Grizzly are now off-limits to all hunters with the exception of native indians. Bison are a draw-only proposition.

T
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
T
Originally Posted by 378Canuck
Originally Posted by troutfly
Originally Posted by Owl
Limited Entry Hunting

In Alberta it is from May 29-June 21 for 2018 aep.alberta.ca/.../alberta-regulations/.../2018AlbertaHuntingDrawsB... -

The online book was avail last week. Not sure when the hard copy will be out. Was at Canadian Tire today and asked, not in stores yet.
Was reading the online version, apparently next year it will be online only, no more hard copies. The times they are achangin!
I can remember when you got an actual stamp as your licence, now it is just a computer print off......I still have a bunch of the old stamps.
Jeff

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

582 members (10Glocks, 2500HD, 10gaugemag, 12344mag, 163bc, 1lessdog, 52 invisible), 2,073 guests, and 1,147 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,198
Posts18,465,978
Members73,925
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.