-->
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
Any advice on lightroom 5 presets for landscape, portrait and sports? I hate to develop my pictures because of the time it takes.

Originally Posted by BrentD

I would not buy something that runs on any kind of primer given the possibility of primer shortages and even regulations. In fact, why not buy a flintlock? Really. Rocks aren't going away anytime soon.
GB1

N
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
N
I'm interested in this as well.....much more fun to take pics that edit them!

Biden's most truthful quote ever came during his first press conference, 03/25/21.
Drum roll please...... "I don't know, to be clear." and THAT is one promise he's kept!!!
Ray Offline
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Why not just downloading the free NIK Software effects and adding it to your LightRoom app?

Just go here and enter your email address. In a day or two DXO sends you an email with the download link, which is free of charge for the time being.

This is what you get with the NIK plugins package:
-Analog Efex Pro (to create analog version of your photos)
-Silver Efex Pro (to create different versions of B&W effects)
-Color Efex (to enhance or modify all your images: landscapes, portraits, night shots, long exposure, anything imaginable). Used by pro photographers for years and years.
-HDR Effex Pro
-Sharpener Pro (allows you to sharpen a single point in your photo, or the whole photo)
-Vivesa (you can use to increase brightness in a small area, or the entire photo, and the same for saturation, structure, and on, and on)
-Ffine (perhaps the easies to use digital noise remover there is)

That aside, you won't get very far with your digital images unless you edit them at least a little. Some light editing is not difficult to do, and much easier than to develop film and then print your photos.

Last edited by Ray; 04/21/18.
N
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
N
Originally Posted by Ray
Why not just downloading the free NIK Software effects and adding it to your LightRoom app?

I'd never heard of NIK before but was able to download here: NIK Collection

Are there any good tutorials available??

Biden's most truthful quote ever came during his first press conference, 03/25/21.
Drum roll please...... "I don't know, to be clear." and THAT is one promise he's kept!!!
Ray Offline
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by Nebraska
Originally Posted by Ray

I'd never heard of NIK before but was able to download here: NIK Collection

Are there any good tutorials available??

That software package cost around $600.00 not too long ago, Then Google bought NIK Software and offered it free of charge to anybody who had already purchased any of the NIK's plugins. A couple of months ago DXO purchased it from Google, and keep it free of charge for a little longer. The next step is for DXO to incorporate the NIK's plugins in some of the photo editing apps they sell.

NIK Software package have been used for professional photographers for several years now. Just install it on your LightRoom, Elements, or any stand alone PhotoShop program you may still have. It will be available in the "Filters" folder. Learn how to use it and it will amaze you.

I have CS6 on my editing computers, since there is no way that I am going to pay monthly fees to use PhotoShop online.

Last edited by Ray; 04/23/18.
IC B2

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
As a side note, DXO has filed for bankruptcy, so no telling the future of NIK.
https://www.dpreview.com/news/80829...ance-says-customers-will-not-be-affected

T
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
T
Originally Posted by Ray

Just go here and enter your email address. In a day or two DXO sends you an email with the download link, which is free of charge for the time being.

This is what you get with the NIK plugins package:
-Analog Efex Pro (to create analog version of your photos)
-Silver Efex Pro (to create different versions of B&W effects)
-Color Efex (to enhance or modify all your images: landscapes, portraits, night shots, long exposure, anything imaginable). Used by pro photographers for years and years.
-HDR Effex Pro
-Sharpener Pro (allows you to sharpen a single point in your photo, or the whole photo)
-Vivesa (you can use to increase brightness in a small area, or the entire photo, and the same for saturation, structure, and on, and on)
-Ffine (perhaps the easies to use digital noise remover there is)

That aside, you won't get very far with your digital images unless you edit them at least a little. Some light editing is not difficult to do, and much easier than to develop film and then print your photos.

Absolutely. This is an extremely effective way of editing your photos without paying for presets.

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

575 members (10gaugeman, 10Glocks, 1234, 1Longbow, 1beaver_shooter, 62 invisible), 2,554 guests, and 1,124 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,315
Posts18,468,365
Members73,928
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.