Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
A
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
A
I want to schedule a deer hunt for this fall in either Quebec or Ontario. Would like to plan/ book it soon

Out of the two, which Provence do you feel has the best deer hunting

Who would you recommend for a guide. Looking for a real good one. Private one on one

Looking for a wooded/ swamp area for the hunt as I do not like shooting across field

Any help/ recommendations for this hunt would be greatly appreciated

GB1

S
Campfire Greenhorn
Campfire Greenhorn
S
I've lived/hunted in both. If you are going with an outfitter, I would recommend northern Ontario, there are some huge deer up there.

As for Quebec, if you are looking at opportunities to hunt/shoot a couple 110/120 inch deer, look into Anticosti Island in Quebec.

Good luck!

M
Campfire Greenhorn
Campfire Greenhorn
M
[i][/i]there are places in ontario where all you need to get a Deer is just open a door of you car (only one)., and when Deer jump in just close the door. This is not a joke, soooo many. The place is MI you find it now.

Last edited by myYukon; 04/21/18.
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by andrews1958
I want to schedule a deer hunt for this fall in either Quebec or Ontario. Would like to plan/ book it soon

Out of the two, which Provence do you feel has the best deer hunting

Who would you recommend for a guide. Looking for a real good one. Private one on one

Looking for a wooded/ swamp area for the hunt as I do not like shooting across field

Any help/ recommendations for this hunt would be greatly appreciated

Are deer numbers low in Maine? They are terrible here in NB.

S
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
S
I've always wanted to hunt Quebec....I love the topography in Quebec more than Ontario... more rolling terrain
in Quebec...haven't hunted it, but certainly been all over the province....

When I worked in Canada, we had a group of guys who were from far western Quebec.. west of Ottawa...
got to visit there once or twice... .certainly some nice deer hunting areas...

they were all deer hunters.... and even tho they had French last names, in the town they
were from, everyone spoke English as their daily language instead of French...

minus those crazy French.. I love Quebec...

"Minus the killings, Washington has one of the lowest crime rates in the Country" Marion Barry, Mayor of Wash DC

“Owning guns is not a right. If it were a right, it would be in the Constitution.” ~Alexandria Ocasio Cortez

IC B2

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by Scruffee
I've lived/hunted in both. If you are going with an outfitter, I would recommend northern Ontario, there are some huge deer up there.

As for Quebec, if you are looking at opportunities to hunt/shoot a couple 110/120 inch deer, look into Anticosti Island in Quebec.

Good luck!

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

THIS !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

NRA Endowment Life Member (and proud of it)

Nowadays people know the price of everything and the value of nothing.

Wise men speak because they have something to say; fools because they have to say something. - Plato

Deuteronomy 22:5

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Neither of those provinces would be my choice I'd go Saskachewan. Where the world record 14 pointer was shot scoring BC at 213 5/8. Check out Hanson buck

It is better to be judged by 12 than to be carried by 6.
E
Campfire Regular
Online Content
Campfire Regular
E
If you enjoy still hunting rather than sitting in a stand all day and aren't looking for a trophy rack to put on the wall, Anticosti Island in Quebec would be a great choice. Lots of deer, great scenery and comfortable accommodations through Sepaq Anticosti.

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

658 members (1minute, 12344mag, 1_deuce, 1eyedmule, 10gaugeman, 1beaver_shooter, 68 invisible), 3,132 guests, and 1,290 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,190,701
Posts18,456,774
Members73,909
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.