Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 2 of 3 1 2 3
K
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
K
Didn’t know that JK was the sole source of optics information. Excuse the hell out of me.....I’ll keep running my nikons thanks.

To the OP. Enjoy your 452. Good luck in your optics quest, lots of good choices out there.

Last edited by Ky221; 04/20/18.
GB1

Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by FyrepowrX
have killed a lot of squirrels over the last few years with a pair of 452 styles......have a 3x9 Leupold EFR on one, a Burris 3x9 with ballistic plex on the other. Good shooting rifles.

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

Whered you get that squirrel packer?

The last time that bear ate a lawyer he had the runs for 33 days!
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
[quote=Ky221]
To the OP. Enjoy your 452. Good luck in your optics quest, lots of good choices out there. [/quote/]

Yep.......scope choices are subjective....everyone likes what they like and for some everything else is junk.

The important thing is that you were able to find a 452 at a good price.....congrats....

I recently bought a VX2 3-9 Ultra lite for mine but hadn't shot it due to the non stop rain No ID gets in the spring.
That changed today though. 60 degrees and sunny so I took a trip to the range.
Got the new scope sighted in just in time for some springtime ground squirrel mayhem.
I'm loving the 3-9 but I may have the duplex retical changed to a fine duplex. Time will tell.

Self gratuitous before and after pix.

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

J
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
J
Originally Posted by Ky221
Didn’t know that JK was the sole source of optics information. Excuse the hell out of me.....I’ll keep running my nikons thanks.

To the OP. Enjoy your 452. Good luck in your optics quest, lots of good choices out there.

Never said I WAS the "sole source" of anything here...But its sad to know you are so butthurt over that video review.

Nikon sent the guy TWO scopes and both puked up seals. There service department sucks as well...Thats because they spend a LOT of money on marketing( like putting paid shills on intenet forums ).. smile

Last edited by jk16; 04/20/18.
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by jk16

Never said I WAS the "sole source" of anything here...But its sad to know you are so butthurt over that video review.

Nikon sent the guy TWO scopes and both puked up seals. There service department sucks as well...Thats because they spend a LOT of money on marketing( like putting paid shills on intenet forums ).. smile

I can assure you that Ky221 is NOT a paid schill.

Why don't you take your BS over to the Optics forum with the rest of the know-it-alls and quit chitting in the OP's thread.

The guy got a new rifle at a good deal....give it a rest.

IC B2

J
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
J
Originally Posted by FieldGrade
Originally Posted by jk16

I can assure you that Ky221 is NOT a paid schill.

Why don't you take your BS over to the Optics forum with the rest of the know-it-alls and quit chitting in the OP's thread.

The guy got a new rifle at a good deal....give it a rest.

I never accused him.of being a paid shill.

Trying reading several posts up ..THAT was who I was referring to.

HE was the one who made the thread into a NIkon commerical as he does EVERY thread he posts on ,which is why I called him on it..
THATs is the type of crap that needs to stay on the Optics forum where so many of the " opinions " are bought and paid for.

I am glad Ky221 likes his scopes and I sure hope they last longer thsn the ProStaffs in the above review.

Last edited by jk16; 04/20/18.
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
So he likes Nikon.....BFD......I like Leupolds and you probably like something else but why ruin a guys thread about his new rifle over it?

Or do you only join these forums to argue with complete strangers that you'll likely never even meet?

Like I said...... "Give it a rest"....................or not...

[Linked Image]

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
have killed a lot of squirrels over the last few years with a pair of 452 styles......have a 3x9 Leupold EFR on one, a Burris 3x9 with ballistic plex on the other. Good shooting rifles.

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

Fpowr: I gotta ask, since you have a string of bushy tails...What do they taste like? Fingers crossed you’re gonna say chicken. 😎

Curiosity Killed the Cat & The Prairie Dog
“Molon Labe”
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
I’ve owned a few CZ 527 Varmint rifles in 204 and 223 with the H-S Kev stocks...Eye opening accuracy out of the box with each one. Put thousand of rounds through them before sending them down the road...In my not humble opinion, you can’t go wrong owning a CZ rifle...To me their like the older Sako’s. For some reason, they just flat out shoot...😎

“Molon Labe”
K
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
K
That 452 looks real nice FG.

Just an FYI, idk if anyone is looking for a wood stock 452 but buds is showing them in stock right now for 470$. Thought about picking another one up, mine is showing plenty of battle scars these days.

I’m a leupold guy through and through, and have one on my CZ452 22WMR, it also wore a Burris at one time. The Burris was a nice scope, but for 130$ the Nikon prostaff rimfire has been great. I think it’s been on there for 3 years now. Bright and clear, hold zero, and didn’t break the bank. I’ll admit I don’t use the BDC, but it does work. Nikon sells a ton of these, it’s only logical that there’s gonna be a few bad ones slip out. I wouldn’t let one guys review on YouTube decide for me when there’s hundreds of positive reviews on other sites. But I don’t know anything. I’m
Just a dumb ole UPS Driver, so dumb in fact I don’t even know what a schill is lol

IC B3

D
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
D
I like Nikon's too. Probably the brightest glass you'll find for the money.

The BDC is a bit distracting for me. And some of their scopes aren't as slender as I like.

Last edited by DollarShort; 04/21/18.
D
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
D
That 452 looks real nice FG.

Just an FYI, idk if anyone is looking for a wood stock 452 but buds is showing them in stock right now for 470$. Thought about picking another one up, mine is showing plenty of battle scars these days.

I’m a leupold guy through and through, and have one on my CZ452 22WMR, it also wore a Burris at one time. The Burris was a nice scope, but for 130$ the Nikon prostaff rimfire has been great. I think it’s been on there for 3 years now. Bright and clear, hold zero, and didn’t break the bank. I’ll admit I don’t use the BDC, but it does work. Nikon sells a ton of these, it’s only logical that there’s gonna be a few bad ones slip out. I wouldn’t let one guys review on YouTube decide for me when there’s hundreds of positive reviews on other sites. But I don’t know anything. I’m
Just a dumb ole UPS Driver, so dumb in fact I don’t even know what a schill is lol

Whittakers also has the CZ 452 American for $470 with free shipping.

I have had a Nikon Prostaff Rimfire scope on my 452 American for a couple of years and it has worked flawlessly, while not the brightest scope out there it is more than good enough for shooting ground squirrels. I am not a big fan of the BDC reticle but it does work, personally I would prefer a duplex but the price was $90 on sale so I took what it had for a reticle.

drover

223 Rem, my favorite cartridge - you can't argue with truckloads of dead PD's and gophers.

24hourcampfire.com - The site where there is a problem for every solution.

F
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
F
Beaver...wouldnt say chicken, as they are quite a bit more meaty...texture-wise, about like rabbit, but almost with a faint venison taste...maybe the acorn diet they get?

i eat the hell outa them; this year i didnt get to make as many squirrel hunts as usual, but did get in several good days...made it a point to go to deer camp a few days early this past fall, to
spend a dew days sneaking around the woods after squirrels. Breakfast fit for a king.... grin

[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

============================================================

F
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
F
Originally Posted by 10gaugemag

Whered you get that squirrel packer?

Brother in law found a fellow at a local gun show that was selling something similar for guys to carry ducks with; he had the guy make me that one for squirrels...wont go the woods without it.

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

W
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
W
Nice rifles.. Been a long time since I hunted fox and grey squirrel... Need to fix that!!!

Molon Labe
F
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
F
Originally Posted by z1r
Picked up a little used CZ 452 Style, Satin Nickel finish, synthetic stock, 3 mags and factory rings. Price was super. Got to get a recoil pad for it as apparently the factory pads were prone to deterioration. Looking like it'll be a Pachmayr D200B-BL. Just wish it were .75" thick instead of .500". Also need a suitable scope, 3-9x would be fine. Was thinking of a Nikon 3-9x40 BDC rimfire. Hope to get it put together by next weekend.

when you get that one all scoped & tested, would like to hear how it shoots...they are pretty slick little rifles.

This going to a hunting gun? If so, are you looking towards hi-velocity loads, or going for quieter stuff like Sub-Sonic H-P's?

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
FPowx...Meat deep fried looks tasty...Reminds me of winter cottontail food...Thanks for the information. I gonna try some squirrels food. Beaver10 😎

“Molon Labe”
z1r Offline OP
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by z1r
Picked up a little used CZ 452 Style, Satin Nickel finish, synthetic stock, 3 mags and factory rings. Price was super. Got to get a recoil pad for it as apparently the factory pads were prone to deterioration. Looking like it'll be a Pachmayr D200B-BL. Just wish it were .75" thick instead of .500". Also need a suitable scope, 3-9x would be fine. Was thinking of a Nikon 3-9x40 BDC rimfire. Hope to get it put together by next weekend.

when you get that one all scoped & tested, would like to hear how it shoots...they are pretty slick little rifles.

This going to a hunting gun? If so, are you looking towards hi-velocity loads, or going for quieter stuff like Sub-Sonic H-P's?

Initial plan was to try the Brick of Winchester 36 gr HP's I got with it. I really want to get back to small game hunting. I shot and ate a lot of squirrel as a kid and really miss the thrill of it all. But, given that the subsonic ammo is now more available than ever and, relatively speaking, cheaper, I'll try some of it too. Whatever shoots best and is consistently available on the shelves will get the nod.

It snowed here overnight making getting to my range more of a pain. I got the recoil pad last night. I went with a decelerator slip on for now and actually kinda like it It was to be a temporary measure but looks and feels better than I anticipated . It at least gets the LOP where I like it.

I'll mount the scope later today after I return from a friend's dad's funeral. Then I'll try to post some pics. I guess the range report will have to wait a while longer.

B
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
B
As a "paid shill" for Nikon I also look forward to your impression's and range report with your new Nikon scope. As I stated before Nikon has 2 new rimfire scopes coming out, the P-Tactical Rimfire 2-7x32 with BDC or MOA reticle. A little something for those of you who prefer not using the BDC circle. I'm just passing this info along since these scopes just came out at SHOT Show 2018. All aluminum and no plastic. Some very nice feature's for the same price. If any of you ever have an issue with a Nikon scope I would love to try and help you out. While I do not work directly for Nikon, I know a number of guys who do, and I'll do my best to make sure any optic's problem's you get taken care of correctly.

J
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
J
Originally Posted by bman940
As a "paid shill" for Nikon I also look forward to your impression's and range report with your new Nikon scope.

Why the arrohant use of the "quotes" ?

If you are compensated for posting your opinions- even if its just with free product -you ARE a paid shill. Sorry.

It does not matter WHAT brand or type of product you are pimping here or whether its popular or not.. When you use this forum only as a dumping ground for your marketing BS- its simply wrong. I have read through your previous posts and you treat this place like its Nikon's own promotional forum.

Your special brand of "expertise" is better appreciated up on the optics forums. That's where the SHILLS live.

Page 2 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

549 members (160user, 11point, 10ring1, 10gaugemag, 1Akshooter, 17CalFan, 69 invisible), 2,752 guests, and 1,236 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,334
Posts18,468,628
Members73,928
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.