Print Thread
Hop To
Page 2 of 4 1 2 3 4
B
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
B
Originally Posted by Dillonbuck
Well, everyone said that it takes a little time to learn the platform.
Some learn slooooooooooowly, sometimes, a child needs left behind! wink
No matter what you learn about the platform it's still going to be ugly and carry like shyt.

GB1

N
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
N
Originally Posted by Blackheart
Originally Posted by NH K9
We’re all just shocked that a highly accomplished ‘smith such as yourself can’t overcome the initial awardness.
Didn't say it was awkward, said it's an ugly piece of machinery and carries like shyt comparatively and it is and it does. I'm surprised a brilliant officer of the law such as yourself has such an obvious reading comprehension disability. Oh well, guess if you'da been smart you'd be a lawyer or gunsmith or something.

.......yeah, or something.

Fortunately, I have the uncanny ability to switch from carrying an Amish MG to an AR with no issues!
(of course, I’m sure you can as well.........you just need something else to bitch about)

�Out of every one hundred men, ten shouldn't even be there, eighty are just targets, nine are the real fighters, and we are lucky to have them, for they make the battle. Ah, but the one, one is a warrior, and he will bring the others back.�
B
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
B
We’re all just shocked that a highly accomplished ‘smith such as yourself can’t overcome the initial awardness.
Didn't say it was awkward, said it's an ugly piece of machinery and carries like shyt comparatively and it is and it does. I'm surprised a brilliant officer of the law such as yourself has such an obvious reading comprehension disability. Oh well, guess if you'da been smart you'd be a lawyer or gunsmith or something.

.......yeah, or something.

Fortunately, I have the uncanny ability to switch from carrying an Amish MG to an AR with no issues!
(of course, I’m sure you can as well.........you just need something else to bitch about)
Had an Amish machinegun myself. Killed 3 deer in under 3 seconds on a drive with it once. Carried alot better than an AR and was alot easier to look at too.

Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by bsa1917hunter
I've got a Spikes Tactical. My first AR. Doesn't even seem like a rifle to me. Just some ugly piece of machinery that goes bang. Most awkward carrying POS in my safe. I won't be buying another and doubt I'll even keep this one.

You are never happy with anything are you? The OP is having fun with his. You know the AR platform is the most modular designed piece of shooting equipment ever designed. If yours doesnt fit you to a damb tee, thats your fault. Not the rifle's. To the OP, you mention puting a better trigger in your next build. I say, put one in this rifle. A good one can be had for less than $100.00 and makes a huge difference. One of the best things you can do to any ar build, is to install a good trigger. You'll be thanking me later.
Never said it didn't fit. Said it was an ugly piece of machinery that goes bang and the most awkward carrying POS in my safe and it is just that you pathetic, stupid F*CK..

You are one ignorant morherfuqk. How you continue to attack decent people on this board and manage to take a discussion down the road to stupidity is really fuqking astounding.

Slaves get what they need. Free men get what they want.

Rehabilitation is way overrated.

Orwell wasn't wrong.

GOA member
disappointed NRA member

24HCF SEARCH
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Hi gophergunner,

I've recently re-discovered the AR myself. I have an old bushmaster that I keep at my dad's house and recently bought the Ruger 556. I asked one of the local gunshops who are all tactical arish about what kind of trigger I should get for it and they suggested a gold trigger. So I did, some flat gold trigger. I had to take the pistol grip, and safety and the old trigger parts out to put the new trigger in - it was really easy. The new trigger really improved the whole rifle. Not that the old trigger was bad...but it was a little too heavy for my liking.

Anyways, since doing the trigger install, on a rifle, we have built two more - one for each son. They bought their lowers and I bought their complete kits from PSA - one green and one earth. They both really like them. Well, they don't covet them like some sick person, they liked the experience of their dad putting together a lego gun with them looking over their shoulder. I also bought some ridiculously expensive magpul wrench for like $75 but hey it has a bottle opener, so I justified it on a heineken. I also bought them cmc triggers just in case they wanted to replace theirs...they did. This weekend we'll all go out shooting them. Should be fun.

I have a spikes unfinished lower with a viking on it too. I thought it might be neat for a valkyrie build. I'm still debating that, no rush.

It's really like lego's for adults. Enjoy your new rifle.

IC B2

B
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
B
Originally Posted by LeakyWaders
Hi gophergunner,

I've recently re-discovered the AR myself. I have an old bushmaster that I keep at my dad's house and recently bought the Ruger 556. I asked one of the local gunshops who are all tactical arish about what kind of trigger I should get for it and they suggested a gold trigger. So I did, some flat gold trigger. I had to take the pistol grip, and safety and the old trigger parts out to put the new trigger in - it was really easy. The new trigger really improved the whole rifle. Not that the old trigger was bad...but it was a little too heavy for my liking.

Anyways, since doing the trigger install, on a rifle, we have built two more - one for each son. They bought their lowers and I bought their complete kits from PSA - one green and one earth. They both really like them. Well, they don't covet them like some sick person, they liked the experience of their dad putting together a lego gun with them looking over their shoulder. I also bought some ridiculously expensive magpul wrench for like $75 but hey it has a bottle opener, so I justified it on a heineken. I also bought them cmc triggers just in case they wanted to replace theirs...they did. This weekend we'll all go out shooting them. Should be fun.

I have a spikes unfinished lower with a viking on it too. I thought it might be neat for a valkyrie build. I'm still debating that, no rush.

It's really like lego's for adults. Enjoy your new rifle.

Cool story. Sounds like great times with your boys.

Originally Posted by raybass
I try to stick with the basics, they do so well. Nothing fancy mind you, just plain jane will get it done with style.
Originally Posted by Pharmseller
You want to see an animal drop right now? Shoot him in the ear hole.

BSA MAGA
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
I guess Blackheart's AR doesn't have a carry handle. smirk

Politics is War by Other Means
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
Frankengun. 😀
Anderson lower, PSA freedom stainless 1-8 , 16” HBar. Mbus rear sight that co witnesses through the 1st gen circa 1989 Tasco Pro-Point I had laying around. Not anything like the one I had in 1970-72 which is a good thing. Got another lower ready, just haven’t decided what t do with it.

[Linked Image]

Swifty
Y
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Y
Originally Posted by Tyrone

None of mine do either, but that doesn't make them hard to carry. Some people just can't seem to adapt to anything that's not shaped like a bolt or pump action.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
I have one of the PSA KS-47's, which is basically a 7.62x39 AR that takes AK magazines. It is well made and shoots well.

"...the designer of the .270 Ingwe cartridge!..."

IC B3

B
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
B
Originally Posted by local_dirt
I've got a Spikes Tactical. My first AR. Doesn't even seem like a rifle to me. Just some ugly piece of machinery that goes bang. Most awkward carrying POS in my safe. I won't be buying another and doubt I'll even keep this one.

You are never happy with anything are you? The OP is having fun with his. You know the AR platform is the most modular designed piece of shooting equipment ever designed. If yours doesnt fit you to a damb tee, thats your fault. Not the rifle's. To the OP, you mention puting a better trigger in your next build. I say, put one in this rifle. A good one can be had for less than $100.00 and makes a huge difference. One of the best things you can do to any ar build, is to install a good trigger. You'll be thanking me later.
Never said it didn't fit. Said it was an ugly piece of machinery that goes bang and the most awkward carrying POS in my safe and it is just that you pathetic, stupid F*CK..

You are one ignorant morherfuqk. How you continue to attack decent people on this board and manage to take a discussion down the road to stupidity is really fuqking astounding.
Actually it's you mall ninja wannabe zombie hunters who are the ignorant [bleep]. The AR does shoot good and is dependable but it is ugly as your momma and carries like shyt. Oh and BTW, as is usual, I didn't attack anyone until somebody got nasty with me for stating my opinion. Naturally, a juvenile big mouthed azzhole {you} made it personal.

S
Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
S
The Glock and the AR15 are not the best examples of the gunmakers art, but they certainly work well.

NRA Life Member
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
Carry it by the pistol grip, Blackheart, with the butt under your arm. Or carry it by the scope if you got to carry it in an unready position.
If you're expecting anything, you ought to have 2 hands on it in a low or high ready. I seldom carry a rifle just letting it hang from one hand.

Politics is War by Other Means
R
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
R
Originally Posted by supercrewd
The Glock and the AR15 are not the best examples of the gunmakers art, but they certainly work well.

Art is for looking at( and sometimes wondering and even puking) and guns are for shooting. Easy enough to see who wins that one then.

We can keep Larry Root and all his idiotic blabber and user names on here, but we can't get Ralph back..... Whiskey Tango Foxtrot, over....
C
Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
C

Based on that criteria I think it could be pretty easily argued they ARE the best examples. There’s a reason millions of people drive Honda accords too..

She never made it past the bedroom door, what was she aiming for...?
She's gone shootin..
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by local_dirt

Actually it's you mall ninja wannabe zombie hunters who are the ignorant [bleep]. The AR does shoot good and is dependable but it is ugly as your momma and carries like shyt. Oh and BTW, as is usual, I didn't attack anyone until somebody got nasty with me for stating my opinion. Naturally, a juvenile big mouthed azzhole {you} made it personal.

Most people with any class will come on the board and have respect. Since I did say class, the presumption doesn't apply here.

Slaves get what they need. Free men get what they want.

Rehabilitation is way overrated.

Orwell wasn't wrong.

GOA member
disappointed NRA member

24HCF SEARCH
D
Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
D
Originally Posted by Tyrone

Maybe he just has small hands.

Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
The AR platform is clumsy and awkward to those used to conventional arms.

Not to those who, as Rost495 mentioned, get to know it.
The problem is you.

I've shot this gun about a half dozen times now-my first time with an Ar. I'm getting more comfortable with where everything is on it, and where I need to move my hands to make everything work. I really worked on my trigger pull on this last range session-learning where the break point is, gathering up the slack, breathing correctly. The proof was in the results. It shoots pretty darned good.

molɔ̀ːn labé skýla
B
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
B
Originally Posted by Certifiable

Based on that criteria I think it could be pretty easily argued they ARE the best examples. There’s a reason millions of people drive Honda accords too..

I'm fu cked. I've been driving Honda Accords for a loooooooooooong time..

Originally Posted by gophergunner
The AR platform is clumsy and awkward to those used to conventional arms.

Not to those who, as Rost495 mentioned, get to know it.
The problem is you.

I've shot this gun about a half dozen times now-my first time with an Ar. I'm getting more comfortable with where everything is on it, and where I need to move my hands to make everything work. I really worked on my trigger pull on this last range session-learning where the break point is, gathering up the slack, breathing correctly. The proof was in the results. It shoots pretty darned good.

Its definitely a learning experience. Especially if you are used to shooting bolt action hunting rifles with single stage triggers. I've been shooting my AR10 and trying like hell to shoot better than 1.7 moa 10 shot groups. Like I said, learning experience...

Originally Posted by raybass
I try to stick with the basics, they do so well. Nothing fancy mind you, just plain jane will get it done with style.
Originally Posted by Pharmseller
You want to see an animal drop right now? Shoot him in the ear hole.

BSA MAGA
R
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
R
OK< for the learning experience, just let me toss this out there. Your cross hairs move. No matter 2 oz trigger or 10 pound trigger. Accept movement, as long as movement is in a a small enough area that you are good, keep increasing, stopping only when bad.

It makes shooting work with a heavier trigger, but I"ve won some awards from Perry once when a trigger went south and someone helped me to about a 7 plus pound trigger at the time with creep.... still placed easy top 10 in my class and even as high as high in my class in a few matches.

Mental game you have to play.

Sounds simple. Its not.

RRA varmint trigger replacement is a good start... or other of your flavor. Though when you have a lower already and pay 280 or so for the rest of the parts, paying 280 for a trigger seems weird... lol

We can keep Larry Root and all his idiotic blabber and user names on here, but we can't get Ralph back..... Whiskey Tango Foxtrot, over....
Page 2 of 4 1 2 3 4

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

568 members (1234, 10ring1, 1beaver_shooter, 10gaugemag, 19rabbit52, 12344mag, 43 invisible), 2,057 guests, and 1,132 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,089
Posts18,463,991
Members73,923
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.