-->
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
Anybody have a picture of a stainless rifle with a blued barrel band front sight? I seem to recall someone made up a nice M70 or maybe MRC 1999 Featherweight style like that.

Reason for asking is I have a stainless Model 77 and can get a Ruger factory stainless barrel band from Midway, but blade options are limited. Or, I could get a carbon steel NECG sight which is more money - and needs to be blued - but with several different styles and heights of blades available. Lost of pics of blued rifles with blued ramp front sight, and I could go that way but like the look of a barrel band front sight.

Or the other thing is to get the NECG banded ramp sight but leave it in the white and have it blasted to match the matte finish on the Ruger, but not sure if that would leave it more prone to rusting or not.

Gunnery, gunnery, gunnery.
Hit the target, all else is twaddle!
GB1

N
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
N
Cerakoting ( or your coating of choice) might be an option. don't know if you have the NECG sight coated and then installed, but you can certainly have the whole rifle coated. I have rifle coated in a finish that looks just like bead blasted stainless.

The collection of taxes which are not absolutely required, which do not beyond reasonable doubt contribute to public welfare, is only a species of legalized larceny. Under this Republic the rewards of industry belong to those who earn them. Coolidge
R
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
R
308- 21" # 2 Brux- NECG front and rear sights-cold blued

[Linked Image]

6.5x55 Shilen #2 @ 22", NECG front and rear sights

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

308 21" Lilja featherweight, NECG front and rear sights

[Linked Image]

When people face the possibility of freezing or starving there is little chance they are going to listen to unfounded claims of climate doomsday from a bunch of ultra-rich yacht sailing private jet-setting carbon-spewing hypocrite elites
A
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
A
Good looking sticks rgrx.

R
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
R
Thank you.

When people face the possibility of freezing or starving there is little chance they are going to listen to unfounded claims of climate doomsday from a bunch of ultra-rich yacht sailing private jet-setting carbon-spewing hypocrite elites
IC B2

D
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
D
NECG makes some "blades" that fit into Rugers as well. Did you check their lineup?

N
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
N
Originally Posted by AKwolverine

This.
Fairly certain that top .308 could fill every role in my safe...........it won’t, but it could 😀

George

�Out of every one hundred men, ten shouldn't even be there, eighty are just targets, nine are the real fighters, and we are lucky to have them, for they make the battle. Ah, but the one, one is a warrior, and he will bring the others back.�
R
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
R
Originally Posted by NH K9
Originally Posted by AKwolverine

This.
Fairly certain that top .308 could fill every role in my safe...........it won’t, but it could 😀

George

Here's the rifle with it's first 10 shot group at 100 yards. I removed and replaced the scope to see if it would RTZ. Ammo was LC 98 LR.

[Linked Image]

Had Kampfeld put in his side bolt release and Redneck screwed the bolt handle down and built the rifle.

[Linked Image]

Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
Excellent! Thank you, just what I was looking for.

Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by DakotaDeer
NECG makes some "blades" that fit into Rugers as well. Did you check their lineup?

Yes, in fact I have some NECG front blades for their Masterpiece banded ramp on a blued M77 and a couple of their blades for the Ruger on a No. 1. For some reason I remembered that they had more choices for their Masterpiece than for Ruger but now that I look again they are about equal in both styles and heights available. The Masterpiece blades are excellent, the two I have slid into the groove perfectly with no fitting but are snug and don't move. The Ruger blades have to be sanded or filed on the bottom to fit properly, which is not that big of a deal, but they also have a tab on the muzzle side that sticks out and has to be filed off as well.

The mind's eye can picture what blued sights on a stainless barrel would look like but this really helps to actually see them.

IC B3

R
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
R
Originally Posted by Jim in Idaho
Excellent! Thank you, just what I was looking for.

You're welcome sir. If you need any other pics, I'll post them. The cold blue isn't perfect but it does protect the metal until I paint it or have it coated.

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

565 members (1_deuce, 10gaugeman, 007FJ, 160user, 1beaver_shooter, 240NMC, 68 invisible), 2,370 guests, and 1,228 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,190,654
Posts18,455,554
Members73,909
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.